Am I The Only One Who Thinks Denzel Washington Is Just A Little Bit Overrated?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Eaton this booty for Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner
52 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Teanna Trump got a son now? :deadpg:
69 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
126 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
114 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #41
AnthonyCruz 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,828 | Props total: 2 2
lol @ Denzel being overrated. How?

I guess it's just everyones opinion though, so thats cool.

But still, IMO he's the greatest actor of all time and my favorite.

Just look at his resume of classic performances. Not alot of actors have a resume that good were the actor just k!lled evry role. I've never seen him in a sh*tty movie putting on a sh*tty acting display.
 07-01-2007, 10:41 AM         #42
WAITAMINUTE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Give this man credit when credit is due. Can u name a movie he played in and it wasn't good.
 10 years ago '04        #43
William M Holla 
space
space
space
$1,300 | Props total: 0 0
 BlackandGifted said:
No he is not overrated if this was a blog?forum about Pitt or Clooney then i would be getting crucified, the fact is he is a marvelous actor and if he was not black you woul not have even started this forum
what a surprise....the guy with malcom x pic makes it a racial thing.....how do people expect people to let go of the black and white thing if everything is constantly blamed on being black or white...:: .....just had to make that statement.....and yes he is overrated.....hes played some amazing roles....but alot of people put him on a level that anything he does is going to be amazing.....aside from training day and a couple others he plays very similiar and safe parts in all his movies.....great actor yes......but hes not on a pacino or dinero class for me (and im not saying that because there white..ok malcom?)
 07-01-2007, 11:16 AM         #44
CenterField 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
No he's not overrated. only reason I feel he's at a stand still is because in movies like Titanic, there were no black people with an important role present for him to play. Most Acotrs receive their best reviews from movies based on a true story/person. Denzel already did Malcom X, Glory, and movies movies based on blacks. For instance, Angelina Jolie is about to do a movie based on a wife whose husband was behe@ded. Knowing that much alone will make the movie interesting and sellable even if Jolie couldn't act. Also she had roles in movies like Alexander, tomb raider (all characters that fit her naturally and will sell because of interest) I feel the problem is more of a lack of roles issue than lack of acting skills with Denzel. Some of the best known actors/actresses can't compete with him period.

I think the best comeback for denzel is to play barack obama...of course he'd get a.ssassinated but the movie would be a classic

Last edited by CenterField; 07-01-2007 at 11:21 AM..
 07-01-2007, 11:56 AM         #45
TValles 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 thehogue said:
tom cruise really aint overrated you coulda chose someone else lol...

come on now....tom cruise doing a movie EVERYBODY GOES WILD!!!...He was even on BET so if he ain't overrated than idk...war of the worlds was good though
 07-01-2007, 12:00 PM         #46
TValles 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CenterField said:
No he's not overrated. only reason I feel he's at a stand still is because in movies like Titanic, there were no black people with an important role present for him to play. Most Acotrs receive their best reviews from movies based on a true story/person. Denzel already did Malcom X, Glory, and movies movies based on blacks. For instance, Angelina Jolie is about to do a movie based on a wife whose husband was behe@ded. Knowing that much alone will make the movie interesting and sellable even if Jolie couldn't act. Also she had roles in movies like Alexander, tomb raider (all characters that fit her naturally and will sell because of interest) I feel the problem is more of a lack of roles issue than lack of acting skills with Denzel. Some of the best known actors/actresses can't compete with him period.

I think the best comeback for denzel is to play barack obama...of course he'd get a.ssassinated but the movie would be a classic
yea you're right...all these critically acclaimed movies are 9 times out of 7(sarcasm) white films(no racist) but most black films are depicted as a black man trying to live int he hood, sell drugs, etc...like every black man in america doesn't know if he's going to live the next day...now of course mainstream america is not going to watch baby boy and see an oscar nominee for best actor or w.e
 10 years ago '05        #47
marq 
space
space
space
$1,333 | Props total: 0 0
not overrated, white people just don't like him
 10 years ago '05        #48
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,470 | Props total: 7122 7122
 darealness818 said:
lmao clooney always had great roles? i guess yu never saw batman and robin or three kings or thin red line?if it wasnt for ER or oceans 11-13 he'd fallen off the face of the earth by now

Bahahahaha....
Prove your stupidity even more son...

Thin red Line? Thats a good movie.
Three Kings!?!?!? Thats a fu*king amazing movie...
Anyone who appreciates good acting knows thats a very well-acted movie.

And to the dude mentioning all his favorite actors because of their range,
Wtf you sleeping on Edward Norton for?

American History X (One of the most bad a.ss performances of all time)................Rounders (His names actually Worm because hes such a tool, complete opposite characters).
f!ght Club(One of the best acting jobs i've personally ever seen)...........The Score(A great portrayel of a retarded person alongside Deniros great performance).
The 25th Hour(Also amazing acting)......The Italian Job(Bad Guy you love to hate.)
The Illusionist(Magician)........The Incredible Hulk(He plays the incredible Hulk in the upcoming film.)

THAT my friend...is one of the rangiest actors out there today, if not of all time.

Motherless Brooklyn (2007) (announced) .... Lionel Essrog
The Incredible Hulk (2008) (pre-production) .... Bruce Banner
Pride and Glory (2008) (completed) .... Ray Tierney
The Painted Veil (2006) .... Walter Fane
The Illusionist (2006) .... Eisenheim
Down in the Valley (2005) .... Harlan
Kingdom of Heaven (2005) .... King Baldwin
... aka Königreich der Himmel (Germany)
... aka Reino de los cielos, El (Spain)
The Italian Job (2003) .... Steve
... aka Braquage ŕ l'italienne (France)
25th Hour (2002) .... Monty Brogan
Red Dragon (2002) .... Will Graham
... aka Roter Drache (Germany)
Frida (2002) .... Nelson Rockefeller
death to Smoochy (2002) .... Sheldon Mopes/Smoochy the Rhino
... aka Tötet Smoochy (Germany)
The Score (2001) .... Jack Teller
... aka The Score (Germany)
"The Simpsons" .... Devon Bradley (1 episode, 2000)
- The Great Money Caper (2000) TV Episode (voice) .... Devon Bradley
Keeping the Faith (2000) .... Father Brian Finn
f!ght Club (1999) .... The Narrator
... aka f!ght Club (Germany)
American History X (1998) .... Derek Vinyard
Rounders (1998) .... Lester 'Worm' Murphy
Everyone Says I Love You (1996) .... Holden Spence
The People vs. Larry Flynt (1996) .... Alan Isaacman
... aka Larry Flynt (Canada: French title)
Primal Fear (1996) .... Aaron Stampler
Only in America (1994) (V) (as Ed Norton) .... Duane/James/Bruno/Eric/The Museum Guard

Last edited by ReppinDaBurghh; 07-01-2007 at 01:58 PM..
 07-01-2007, 03:09 PM         #49
TValles 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Reppindaburghh said:
Bahahahaha....
Prove your stupidity even more son...

Thin red Line? Thats a good movie.
Three Kings!?!?!? Thats a fu*king amazing movie...
Anyone who appreciates good acting knows thats a very well-acted movie.

And to the dude mentioning all his favorite actors because of their range,
Wtf you sleeping on Edward Norton for?

American History X (One of the most bad a.ss performances of all time)................Rounders (His names actually Worm because hes such a tool, complete opposite characters).
f!ght Club(One of the best acting jobs i've personally ever seen)...........The Score(A great portrayel of a retarded person alongside Deniros great performance).
The 25th Hour(Also amazing acting)......The Italian Job(Bad Guy you love to hate.)
The Illusionist(Magician)........The Incredible Hulk(He plays the incredible Hulk in the upcoming film.)

THAT my friend...is one of the rangiest actors out there today, if not of all time.

Motherless Brooklyn (2007) (announced) .... Lionel Essrog
The Incredible Hulk (2008) (pre-production) .... Bruce Banner
Pride and Glory (2008) (completed) .... Ray Tierney
The Painted Veil (2006) .... Walter Fane
The Illusionist (2006) .... Eisenheim
Down in the Valley (2005) .... Harlan
Kingdom of Heaven (2005) .... King Baldwin
... aka Königreich der Himmel (Germany)
... aka Reino de los cielos, El (Spain)
The Italian Job (2003) .... Steve
... aka Braquage ŕ l'italienne (France)
25th Hour (2002) .... Monty Brogan
Red Dragon (2002) .... Will Graham
... aka Roter Drache (Germany)
Frida (2002) .... Nelson Rockefeller
death to Smoochy (2002) .... Sheldon Mopes/Smoochy the Rhino
... aka Tötet Smoochy (Germany)
The Score (2001) .... Jack Teller
... aka The Score (Germany)
"The Simpsons" .... Devon Bradley (1 episode, 2000)
- The Great Money Caper (2000) TV Episode (voice) .... Devon Bradley
Keeping the Faith (2000) .... Father Brian Finn
f!ght Club (1999) .... The Narrator
... aka f!ght Club (Germany)
American History X (1998) .... Derek Vinyard
Rounders (1998) .... Lester 'Worm' Murphy
Everyone Says I Love You (1996) .... Holden Spence
The People vs. Larry Flynt (1996) .... Alan Isaacman
... aka Larry Flynt (Canada: French title)
Primal Fear (1996) .... Aaron Stampler
Only in America (1994) (V) (as Ed Norton) .... Duane/James/Bruno/Eric/The Museum Guard

wait hes the new bruce banner? what was wrong w. old dude? But AHX, 25th hour and f!ght club was the only real movies i loved by dude...everything else was good or ok
 10 years ago '04        #50
sunzoo 
space
space
$1,493 | Props total: 0 0
will smith better than denzel? for what movie? thats how i know your opinon is a little off because will smith isnt half the actor....i've seen almost all of denzels films, from mo better blues, missippi masala and almost everything in between, not just his big roles wich some of you keep mentioning....you gotta judge his WHOLE body of work, he's never been corny, he's always picked good roles NOT safe roles and gets all the praise he gets because he DESERVES it, and while i dont think you made the thread because he's black...maybe in the back of your mind it has something to do with calling him overated....if anything he's just getting his due respect for all his work put in...will smith was great in ali...maybe persuit of happiness, but what has he done to compare to glory? man on fire? malcom x?
 07-01-2007, 04:54 PM         #51
RevolutionBC 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Edward Norton's a great actor, but not in my top 5.

1. Leonardo DiCaprio
2. Denzel Washington
3. Matt Damon
4. Brad Pitt
5. Forrest Whittaker/Will Smith
 07-01-2007, 05:33 PM         #52
thehogue 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TValles said:

come on now....tom cruise doing a movie EVERYBODY GOES WILD!!!...He was even on BET so if he ain't overrated than idk...war of the worlds was good though
but i mean you gotta look at his other movies... mission impossible doesnt require that much acting ... but risky business, top gun, a few good men, the firm, eyes wide shut, vanilla sky... his acting was on point...
 07-01-2007, 05:35 PM         #53
thehogue 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TValles said:

wait hes the new bruce banner? what was wrong w. old dude? But AHX, 25th hour and f!ght club was the only real movies i loved by dude...everything else was good or ok
yea he is they're re-doing the whole hulk series thats why they dont have eric bana they making it like the one ang lee made didnt happen lol ... yea only movies i like w/ edward norton are... italian job... f!ght club... illusionist.. and rounders... american history x was a great movie but its only something i can stand to watch once im not going to have that movie in my collection lol...

Last edited by thehogue; 07-01-2007 at 05:38 PM..
 10 years ago '04        #54
sunzoo 
space
space
since seeing f!ght club and primal fear...i've always said that ed norton is the "white denzel"...he sh*ts on leo, or any other white actor out there and denzel is the same for blacks...i'm still not seeing will smith i mean i know he's good but yall act like he's top shelf when he's really just accumilating his body of work that is decent but not great...i would go on to say that jamie fox's best performance > wills easily and i dont consider jamie top anything...just very talented

jamie in ray > will in ali...and like i said, check out the films that werent block buster movies with denzel in them and you'll see what i mean...yall saying he doesnt have range because they dont put n*ggas in sh*t like 300 or braveheart...we dont EVER get those kinds of movies
 10 years ago '04        #55
sunzoo 
space
space
 thehogue said:
yea he is they're re-doing the whole hulk series thats why they dont have eric bana they making it like the one ang lee made didnt happen lol ... yea only movies i like w/ edward norton are... italian job... f!ght club... illusionist.. and rounders... american history x was a great movie but its only something i can stand to watch once im not going to have that movie in my collection lol...

primal fear > either of those performances...i actually thought the illusionist was kinda boring but i'm still a big ed norton fan

the prestiege > the illusionist
 07-01-2007, 06:59 PM         #56
TValles 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 thehogue said:
but i mean you gotta look at his other movies... mission impossible doesnt require that much acting ... but risky business, top gun, a few good men, the firm, eyes wide shut, vanilla sky... his acting was on point...
yea true...he did have some movies...but i don't know i think his works are very overrated, idk
 10 years ago '06        #57
authenic 6 heat pts
space
space
$5,229 | Props total: 1821 1821
fu*king john Q, mo betta blues training day man on fire remember titans deja vu and a host of others...you gotta understand black actors dont get the best parts in the world
 07-01-2007, 07:06 PM         #58
TValles 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 authenic said:
fu*king john Q, mo betta blues training day man on fire remember titans deja vu and a host of others...you gotta understand black actors dont get the best parts in the world

not the world just the us...if you're not a drug dealer, gang banger, thug, robber, etc you're not getting a role basically...but one thing im sick of is these black teams over coming obstacle movies....like every year we get a new one "based on a true story" about some dumb a.ss sh*t, i.e. pride
 10 years ago '06        #59
9.18 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,676 | Props total: 656 656
 CalcuoCuchicheo said:
Ed Norton, Ben Kingsley, Tony Leung, Christian Bale, to name a few.

And one kid went so far as to relate Washington's "greatness" to the alleged path he has blazed for other black actors?? That right there tells you he's overrated, given that some factor other than his actual ability & performances is being used to "rate" him positively.

sounds like we got a hater in our midsts boys...:rolleyes:
 10 years ago '06        #60
KC2NC 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,802 | Props total: 78 78
Not even close to being overatted one of the best actors of our time
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
71 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
106 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
vida guerra
83 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
54 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
84 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Seahawks imploding :mjlol: Bobby Wagner letting Earl Thomas know
88 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
83 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside ‘Saturday Night Live’ and Kevin Hart Deliver One Disappointing Christma..
34 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy