Am I The Only One Who Thinks Denzel Washington Is Just A Little Bit Overrated?

most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
31 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
48 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
35 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
70 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '05        #21
Chuck_Remixed 255 heat pts255
space
space
$17,134 | Props total: 3657 3657
Training Day, nuff said:)

Last edited by Chuck_Remixed; 06-30-2007 at 02:41 AM..
 10 years ago '07        #22
MELODY 25 heat pts25
space
space
$10,422 | Props total: 1871 1871
Forget Training Day. Look At Man On Fire. His Voice, His Swagger, His Professionalism, Its All On Point. Remember The Titans Another Classic.
 10 years ago '05        #23
oneosi 
space
space
$1,079 | Props total: 0 0
For those who say he is overrated, please start listing current actors who are greater. I'm not saying he is the greatest, but I would like to see who some of you all are choosing.
 06-30-2007, 05:49 AM         #24
thehogue 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 stogz said:
Wow.... i think some people are a little retarded if they think Denzel is overated. Honestly, how many other actors have done the range of characters he's done?

Malcolm X ------> Training Day (how can one guy do both those)

Will Smith is overated
Tom Cruise is overated
no actor is overrated unless your opinion is perceived that way... :D only actor i can truly kind of say is overrated is nicholas cage and i only say that because of his movie selection... its like he dont care now... i mean the rock ... gone in 60 sec. , the rock and face-off ... he dont do movies like that anymore ...

Last edited by thehogue; 06-30-2007 at 05:50 AM..
 06-30-2007, 05:51 AM         #25
thehogue 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 boondocz said:
One of my all time favorite movies. But Derek Luke outshined him in this one and I think that was his first movie.
only reason why dereks role was more on point was because denzel DIRECTED the movie... :D enough said... so basically since you say denzel does movie where the storyline overshadows his acting that leonardo dicaprio is overrated?... no they just happen to actually not take the SH*T scripts... they do good movies...

Last edited by thehogue; 06-30-2007 at 05:56 AM..
 10 years ago '07        #26
jordanfreak7 8 heat pts
space
space
$6,654 | Props total: 40 40
your the only one...
 06-30-2007, 11:32 AM         #27
thehogue 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Floeji said:
Whoa. Denzel did a great job in Training Day.

But my favorite black actor has to be Samuel L. Jackson. That n*gga is GREAT!

One of the best "young" actors now is Anthony Mackie. That n*gga will get an Oscar in a couple of years. Bank on that.
yea anthony mackie im with you on that he will win an oscar ... maybe not as soon as a couple of years but im with you on that though... cuz hes a good actor and is getting good roles... hes about to play jesse owens and i bet he'll do a phenomenal job as portraying jesse owens
 06-30-2007, 12:02 PM         #28
BROOKLYNSTANDUP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
his perfromance in he got game>

hes good in nething he does, even if the movie is weak..

will smith most overrated...

ed norton most underated
 10 years ago '04        #29
uncfan888 5 heat pts
space
space
$17,711 | Props total: 15 15
??? he was great in training day
 10 years ago '05        #30
CalcuoCuchicheo 
space
space
$6,478 | Props total: 3 3
 oneosi said:
For those who say he is overrated, please start listing current actors who are greater. I'm not saying he is the greatest, but I would like to see who some of you all are choosing.
Ed Norton, Ben Kingsley, Tony Leung, Christian Bale, to name a few.

And one kid went so far as to relate Washington's "greatness" to the alleged path he has blazed for other black actors?? That right there tells you he's overrated, given that some factor other than his actual ability & performances is being used to "rate" him positively.

Last edited by CalcuoCuchicheo; 06-30-2007 at 12:09 PM..
 06-30-2007, 12:55 PM         #31
TValles 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
how is will smith overrated? pursuit of happyness was a great film man...his action films yea...but tom cruise action films has to be the most overrated period
 10 years ago '06        #32
mrpriest469 
space
space
$2,341 | Props total: 12 12
One of the greatest actors period... plain and simple, but everyone is entitled to their opinion.
 10 years ago '05        #33
boondocz  OP
space
space
$806 | Props total: 0 0
 thehogue said:
only reason why dereks role was more on point was because denzel DIRECTED the movie... :D enough said... ...
Don't pull that directing mess in here. Denzel directing debut in this movie wasn't even received well by many. If anything the screenwriter for that movie, who just happened to be the real Antoine Fisher is more of a reason why Derek Lukes role was on point. Why would anybody even list this movie as one of Denzel's best?

And to the dude who listed all of Denzel's movies in this thread. I bet anything you havent even seen all his movies. Hell you didn't even list all his movies. I've seen all but two (Carbon Coby and Heart Condition). Like I said before, out of all those movies...Glory, Hurricane, Malcolm X, and Philadelphia were the only movies where he should have really won Best Actor for. Training Day is not his best. Not even his top 5. How many of you in this thread have this movie listed as one of your all time favorites? You can't sit here and say you're a Denzel fan and state Training Day is a classic. Yeah, that movie really paved the way. Anybody could have played that role. But can you say the same about his role in Hurricane? Can you think of anybody that could have played that role. Exactly.

Of course most his movies are good. He picks the same roles over and over and over again. He knows how to act in them. The characters personas he chooses are not much different from each other.

I want to see him do more roles that live up to the talent he really has...GLORY, HURRICANE, MALCOLM X, AND PHILADELPHIA. All challenging roles. All different characters with range.

Now days his range is as long as my pinky toe.
 10 years ago '05        #34
boondocz  OP
space
space
$806 | Props total: 0 0
 TValles said:
...but tom cruise action films has to be the most overrated period
Everything about Tom Cruise is overrated. He's #1 all time.

Top Gun was the sh*t though.
 06-30-2007, 02:06 PM         #35
TValles 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yea training day was good but he did many more roles that was better...people talk bout training day because he won a oscar or w.e but hurricane was the sh*t
 10 years ago '04        #36
skillz231213 
space
space
$2,214 | Props total: 1 1
 TNWTMP said:
I don't think that hes overrated. I think hes a phenomenal actor. His work in training day was good because that was a role that you wouldn't expect him to play in. And please do not sleep on his work in Deja Vu, that was a good a.ss movie.

haha I burning this movie as i type this...going to seen it when i have some time to watch but a great actor....I really like him in Man on Fire
 10 years ago '07        #37
Jeet Kune Do 12 heat pts12
space
space
$7,073 | Props total: 1845 1845
i dont think hes overrated. how the fu*k is will smith overrated?
 10 years ago '05        #38
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,470 | Props total: 7119 7119
Wow...
You kids are funny....

Listen...Training Day>>>>>>>>The Hurricane.
Say whatchu want, but if you watch The Hurrican for the 10th time, your bored. If you watch Training Day for the 10th time, your not. Case closed.

And Man On Fire? Deja Vu? Whys nobody talking about these amazing performances. The emotion he showed in Man On Fire was insane! And to the dude saying "I can name 3 actors better then him." So, what, hes the 4th best in your eyes? So how the fu*k is he overrated. Nobody ever said hes the best ever.

Hes not over-rated in the least bit.

And who the fu*k came in here and said Clooney and Pitt arent great actors? Are you guys fu*king kidding me? Your either very racist towards white people, or you just have NO sense of good acting. Brad Pitts acting is incredibly good, and Clooneys always had great roles. Those are two top of the line actors.....fu*king morons on here, I swear.

But Edward Norton>>>>>>>>>>Your favorite actor,
Like the one dude said.
 06-30-2007, 04:39 PM         #39
thehogue 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TValles said:
how is will smith overrated? pursuit of happyness was a great film man...his action films yea...but tom cruise action films has to be the most overrated period
tom cruise really aint overrated you coulda chose someone else lol...
 06-30-2007, 04:41 PM         #40
thehogue 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Reppindaburghh said:
Wow...
You kids are funny....

Listen...Training Day>>>>>>>>The Hurricane.
Say whatchu want, but if you watch The Hurrican for the 10th time, your bored. If you watch Training Day for the 10th time, your not. Case closed.

And Man On Fire? Deja Vu? Whys nobody talking about these amazing performances. The emotion he showed in Man On Fire was insane! And to the dude saying "I can name 3 actors better then him." So, what, hes the 4th best in your eyes? So how the fu*k is he overrated. Nobody ever said hes the best ever.

Hes not over-rated in the least bit.

And who the fu*k came in here and said Clooney and Pitt arent great actors? Are you guys fu*king kidding me? Your either very racist towards white people, or you just have NO sense of good acting. Brad Pitts acting is incredibly good, and Clooneys always had great roles. Those are two top of the line actors.....fu*king morons on here, I swear.

But Edward Norton>>>>>>>>>>Your favorite actor,
Like the one dude said.
yea man ppl try to say storylines overdue the actor... theres a reason why the actor GET the script for movies in the first place... brad pitt was great in troy... and clooney is good is every movie he was in ... not to say pitt wasnt but yea... the best white actor to me hands down in russell crowe or christian bale... colin farrell and clive owen are up there too... because they have a tremendous amount of acting range most ppl dont even know they aint american but they can pull it off the accent so well... and that one black guy chiwetel ejiofor from britain... dude on inside man and four brothers is a great actor he can change his accent at the drop of a dime... i didnt know he was british for a min.

Last edited by thehogue; 06-30-2007 at 04:51 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
131 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
106 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
109 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
111 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
97 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
64 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
187 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy