Official 360 Repair {Help} Thread (ALL TOPICS INVOLVING HW FAILURE IN HERE PLEASE)

most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
32 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
50 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
36 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
70 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '04        #1001
K i n g R 926 
space
space
$3,068 | Props total: 1 1
not sure wats up wit the system..got 2 red lights earlier (right after i dl skate 2 pack early today)..didnt play previous to that..left the system off for hours..still 2 red lights.. :sad5:
 03-29-2009, 11:06 AM         #1002
NYGallday  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
that means its overheating

once you get 3 red lights that ish is dead

1 red light is "e74" some hardware failure
 9 years ago '04        #1003
Stimulate_uk 
space
space
$1,236 | Props total: 0 0
So i turn my XBOX on today and i get one red light in the bottom right corner, i've unplugged everything, taken out the HDD and tried it without and it still has the light, only thing i havent tried is swapping the AC adapter as that might be faulty. Rang xbox support and since it is out of warranty i'ma have to pay nearly £100 f**k that, anybody else ever had this E-47 problem?
 04-02-2009, 10:34 AM         #1004
helghastxmfdpwn  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
my xbox got it, I tried the penny trick and the towel trick... nothing work. Though, I'm going to eventually call up MS and tell them it's a 3RL so I don't have to pay anything. f**k that.

Also, since the NXE, there's been a rise in the number of 360's with the E74

Last edited by helghastxmfdpwn; 04-02-2009 at 10:35 AM..
 9 years ago '04        #1005
Stimulate_uk 
space
space
$1,236 | Props total: 0 0
 helghastxmfdpwn said:
my xbox got it, I tried the penny trick and the towel trick... nothing work. Though, I'm going to eventually call up MS and tell them it's a 3RL so I don't have to pay anything. f**k that.

Also, since the NXE, there's been a rise in the number of 360's with the E74
whats the penny trick and towell trick? and whats the NXE?
 04-03-2009, 08:56 AM         #1006
helghastxmfdpwn  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Stimulate_uk said:
whats the penny trick and towell trick? and whats the NXE?
the penny trick is this

towel trick is: wrap your 360 in 2-3 towels and leave it running till it overheats. you should get 2RL, then let it cool down and see if it works. NXE is the New Xbox Experience. that stupid f**king dashboard.
 9 years ago '05        #1007
young jeezy478 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,725 | Props total: 132 132
 helghastxmfdpwn said:
the penny trick is this

towel trick is: wrap your 360 in 2-3 towels and leave it running till it overheats. you should get 2RL, then let it cool down and see if it works. NXE is the New Xbox Experience. that stupid f**king dashboard.
why not just do an x-clamp...its better than the towel trick...besides the towel trick only causes more damage to the system...
 9 years ago '05        #1008
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,661 | Props total: 13779 13779
Yesterday, I was trying to watch some movies on the 360 in my room and the screen just went black. I kept re-booting and the screen just kept going black. I googled it, and it looked like the GPU had gave out. I was heated because I would have to pay $100 to get it replaced. I was just going to be a brand new Core instead since it would have the better motherboard. Anyway, I go in my room a little earlier, and cut it on.... RROD my n*ggas. I'm hella happy. I don't have to pay these n*ggas sh*t now. It's cool too since I only used that Xbox to stream movies. I got it from my boy in exchange for fixing his f*cked up computer. n*gga gave it to me because the DVD-drive didn't work. Now I'm gettin that sh*t fixed for free n*ggas.

UPDATE: Now this raggedy sh*t wants to work! What the f*ck? Everytime I turned it on it had the RROD but now it wants to work. This sh*t needs to get it over with if it's going to take a dirt nap. Y'all n*ggas better pray that I get the RROD.

Last edited by Y.G.; 04-17-2009 at 04:44 AM..
 9 years ago '04        #1009
fmills15 
space
space
$1,560 | Props total: 19 19
Congratulation. Imagine how you gone feel when you get the RROD for the 3rd time....
 9 years ago '05        #1010
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 fmills15 said:
Congratulation. Imagine how you gone feel when you get the RROD for the 3rd time....
Hahaha, don't say that sh*t fam. I just hope this sh*t doesn't rub off and infect my Elite...
 04-17-2009, 02:08 AM         #1011
NYGallday  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lmaoo he happy as s**t
 9 years ago '05        #1012
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
F*ckin right! I thought I was about to have to pay to get the GPU fixed. I'd rather get the red lights and have Microsoft fix this raggedy a.ss sh*t.
 04-17-2009, 07:25 AM         #1013
PR0TENTIAL  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
If you got the RROD send that s**t in anyways. When I first sent my 360 in it would get the RROD only if you had it on for like 5 minutes, it would never do it right off start-up. They still sent me another 360.
 04-17-2009, 07:46 AM         #1014
Lord Hater  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
there is only one way to avoid this rrod s**t....

get a ps3

seriously though... i had so many issues on this i learned how to fix it. it LITERALLY cost 8 cents to fix. yet microsoft will charge you $100 to send it in if your s**t isnt under warranty. when i learned how to fix it i was buying a bunch of rrod 360's from craigslist for $50, fix them, turn around and resell them for $150. s**t was a cool lil hustle but i eventually got sick as f**k messing with them. luckily i can pick up this hustle anytime i want. with the money made i bought a ps3. jeah.

Last edited by Lord Hater; 04-17-2009 at 07:58 AM..
 04-17-2009, 07:58 AM         #1015
Metalzoa  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Lord Hater said:
there is only one way to avoid this rrod s**t....

get a ps3

seriously though... i had so many issues on this i learned how to fix it. it LITERALLY cost 8 cents to fix. yet microsoft will charge you $100 to send it in if your s**t isnt under warranty. when i learned how to fix it i was buying a bunch of rrod 360's from craigslist, fix them, turn around and resell them for $150. s**t was a cool lil hustle but i eventually got sick as f**k messing with them. luckily i can pick up this hustle anytime i want. with the money made i bought a ps3. jeah.
ma n*gga! 8 cents to $150 .. that's hustling. :dancingcool:
 04-17-2009, 07:59 AM         #1016
Lord Hater  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Metalzoa said:
ma n*gga! 8 cents to $150 .. that's hustling. :dancingcool:
lol yeah there are 4 computer chips under the mother board. you put some silicone based heat sink lube (ha ha ha i said lube) on the chips and wrap 2 pennies in black tape and place it on the chip. there are 4 chips so.... 8 cents. FIXED! luckily i am not lazy to look into fixing s**t when they break... and being somewhat intelligent helps too. a lot of time people are too lazy to try and figure out how to fix s**t themselves.

found this video that explains the fix

Last edited by Lord Hater; 04-17-2009 at 08:04 AM..
 04-17-2009, 08:04 AM         #1017
Metalzoa  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^word.

Laziness is a damn shame.
 9 years ago '05        #1018
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 kegar89 said:
If you got the RROD send that s**t in anyways. When I first sent my 360 in it would get the RROD only if you had it on for like 5 minutes, it would never do it right off start-up. They still sent me another 360.
They better not try to bullsh*t me.
 9 years ago '04        #1019
MiamiDade 55 heat pts55
space
space
$14,355 | Props total: 690 690
PS3 >>> 360

f**k a RROD
 04-17-2009, 12:59 PM         #1020
ill800  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 younggangsta_s said:
Yesterday, I was trying to watch some movies on the 360 in my room and the screen just went black. I kept re-booting and the screen just kept going black. I googled it, and it looked like the GPU had gave out. I was heated because I would have to pay $100 to get it replaced. I was just going to be a brand new Core instead since it would have the better motherboard. Anyway, I go in my room a little earlier, and cut it on.... RROD my n*ggas. I'm hella happy. I don't have to pay these n*ggas sh*t now. It's cool too since I only used that Xbox to stream movies. I got it from my boy in exchange for fixing his f*cked up computer. n*gga gave it to me because the DVD-drive didn't work. Now I'm gettin that sh*t fixed for free n*ggas.

UPDATE: Now this raggedy sh*t wants to work! What the f*ck? Everytime I turned it on it had the RROD but now it wants to work. This sh*t needs to get it over with if it's going to take a dirt nap. Y'all n*ggas better pray that I get the RROD.
but dont you want that refurbished elite instead? its such a good deal!
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
109 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
131 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
106 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
111 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
187 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Ultimate mugen build(tell me the characters and Ill build you a custom game)
50 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
97 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy