Official 360 Repair {Help} Thread (ALL TOPICS INVOLVING HW FAILURE IN HERE PLEASE)

most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
40 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
65 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
155 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
225 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '06        #941
Honolulu Blue 32 heat pts32
space
space
$17,448 | Props total: 1097 1097
standing up your console like that covers all of the vent holes on that side. and the other side with the hard drive doesnt have as many vent holes.
 9 years ago '04        #942
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
$30,663 | Props total: 516 516
 Comic Book Guy said:
standing up your console like that covers all of the vent holes on that side. and the other side with the hard drive doesnt have as many vent holes.
I've had my console vertical and on carpet for 8 months now with no problems. I think that sh*t is just a M-Y-T-H
 9 years ago '04        #943
XxC4xX 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,771 | Props total: 251 251
 e G o Maniac said:
I've had my console vertical and on carpet for 8 months now with no problems. I think that sh*t is just a M-Y-T-H
lol hows that a myth, the side without the hard drive does have more circulating
 9 years ago '04        #944
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
$30,663 | Props total: 516 516
 XxC4xX said:
lol hows that a myth, the side without the hard drive does have more circulating
I'm talking about overall, it being the cause of your Xbox failing. Just cuz you have it vertical doesnt mean its the reason (for the record, all my consoles that have red ringed were on hardwood surface and horizontal with good circulation all around)
 9 years ago '06        #945
TreZ 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$9,208 | Props total: 2057 2057
Dust is no myth
 9 years ago '07        #946
Antbone 
space
space
$3,573 | Props total: 1 1
lol @ dust being a MYTH.....
 9 years ago '05        #947
JaiMega 
space
space
$15,133 | Props total: 18 18
Thats a myth, there is nothing wrong with standing your xbox up.

Your unit is just fu*ked.
 9 years ago '04        #948
unkn0wn 
space
space
$4,536 | Props total: 24 24
the hardware suck plain and simple...

no matter what people tell you it has nothing to do on how is system is place...
 12-30-2008, 07:12 PM         #949
PhoketzTight  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Damn just had my 2nd 360 die the other day ...no red rings at all u can hear sound but no video shows dammit MS
 9 years ago '04        #950
yaleRULES 11 heat pts11
space
space
space
$1,589 | Props total: 0 0
I got my xbox 360 off of craigslist back in 06 i think. I've had the ring of death/fire like 5 or 6 times and every time it fixes with the towel method, but goes back to the ring like every few days. Im sick of this, can someone tell me the procedure to send it to microsoft to get it fixed? Im not even sure if I can return it. HELP pls thanks
 9 years ago '05        #951
JustinSane|M 
space
space
$2,966 | Props total: 17 17
Ya, you call them at 1-800-4myxbox and they will tell you what you need to do.
 9 years ago '04        #952
deziking 79 heat pts79
space
space
$19,538 | Props total: 5132 5132
yo anyone tried to send the 360 in with original box? I gotta send mine back and i thought i'd just use the original box. it won't be too small right? with the original paddings.
 9 years ago '07        #953
inextricabLflow 
space
space
space
$211 | Props total: 1 1
^^^^^^before you send it microsoft tells you in an email dont write microsoft or xbox on the box you are sending. Im guessing for security reasons so no one tries to jack it. Im pretty sure sending the original box would fall under the "dont send a box with microsoft or xbox written on it" scheme of the matter. I thought about sending my original box as well, but they dont want people doing that apparently.
 9 years ago '06        #954
TreZ 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$9,208 | Props total: 2057 2057
i got a question.. has anyone tried to send their xbox in.. even tho it didnt have the ms sticker on it?
 02-03-2009, 11:21 PM         #955
samakaballer  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
MANNNN. my xbox flashes red all the time now, it seems to go away if i tkae the disc out of the system and then start it up idk... sometimes that doesn't work i'll just unplug the wires and plug them back in and it'll work, and it'll work for hours on end but right when i turn it off and try turning it bakc on, redl ights again.. this sh*t is geting old, this will be the 3rd time i have needed an xbox repaired..... sick of this sh*t, i might jus say fu*k it and live with this sh*t and just take the game out or fiddle with the wires so she starts up..... ps3 coming soon!!!!! lol
 9 years ago '07        #956
Opinion 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,353 | Props total: 275 275
downloaded this sh*t today, played for about a hour then my screen freezes. Ok...no reason to trip and sh*t right? Turn my sh*t back on, red fu*king rings, i've never had a fu*kin problem with my sh*t and i had to think, what could it make it do this? fu*king halo wars demo, i never download demos, but that wast the 1st one i got and bam red rings, it came back on one time, then just died again, what the fu*k! Beware!
 9 years ago '07        #957
Drk 10 heat pts10
space
space
$9,072 | Props total: 505 505
 9 years ago '05        #958
JaiMega 
space
space
$15,133 | Props total: 18 18
Pwnt.

Shoulda got a Wii
 9 years ago '04        #959
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,594 | Props total: 1013 1013
Ring Ring Hotline, over 99 Billion served. Welcome to the party.
 9 years ago '07        #960
Opinion 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,353 | Props total: 275 275
hahaha sons of bi*ches! i did the towel trick and got my sh*t workin enough for me to go in and delete that bi*ch and now its working again! thats what the fu*k im talking about, im never downloading a demo on this bi*ch again
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
79 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
25 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
296 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
50 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
89 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
48 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
69 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
62 comments
2 days ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy