Official 360 Repair {Help} Thread (ALL TOPICS INVOLVING HW FAILURE IN HERE PLEASE)

most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
40 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
86 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
30 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
61 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '07        #881
CadillacVyse 944 heat pts944
space
space
$27,668 | Props total: 16929 16929
Microsoft website is retarded!
:angry12:
 9 years ago '05        #882
Mysteryman 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,293 | Props total: 1101 1101
My first Premium 360 got the RROD a while back before the 3 year warranty but instead of getting it repaired for $100, I decided to buy a 360 Elite with the bigger HD.

Now my Elite just gave me the RROD yesterday and I will be getting it repaired for the first time and was wondering will MS fix my specific Elite 360 or instead just give me another refurbished Elite 360 when I send it in.
 9 years ago '06        #883
Yung Dilla 1478 heat pts1478
space
space
$54,888 | Props total: 25677 25677
if it's fixable they will give you back your elite if not you get another one does it matter to you or are you curious
 9 years ago '05        #884
A-N-D-1 177 heat pts177
space
space
$4,743 | Props total: 1011 1011
What do I need to do to get my 360 repaired if the red light comes on and I can't play any games when I turn on the power?

Props given for your help!!!
 9 years ago '05        #885
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$37,081 | Props total: 10757 10757
call 1-800-4MY-XBOX and request repair service.
 9 years ago '07        #886
celphtitled 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,870 | Props total: 42 42
i treat my xbox like sh*t and its never had any problems..
 9 years ago '05        #887
Mysteryman 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,293 | Props total: 1101 1101
just wondering thanks
 10-07-2008, 03:43 PM         #888
t3hnhoj  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
When did you buy them? Just wondering cause the newer ones are supposedly fixed. Thats the only thing thats stopping me from getting one..
 9 years ago '06        #889
~SHYNE~ 24 heat pts24
space
space
$2,691 | Props total: 367 367
My first one lasted two years with a LOT of playtime,I just turned it back to the store with my warranty ONLY because it was the last month of my 1 yr store warranty.

Dudes need to learn you cant sit there and play it for like 8-10 hrs straight or you will be burning thru them like water...play 3-4 hours and give it a hour break.;)
 9 years ago '07        #890
CASH1 5 heat pts
space
space
$7,783 | Props total: 2396 2396
Alright well.. I need your guys collective help.

Mid-September, I had my launch 360 finally RROD. I sent it out to be fixed and I just received it back today via UPS.

I plugged it in following the instructions and low and behold.. the system is dead on arrival (they said they repaired my system, and it's the same serial #, but the system is still broken).

I called up 1800myxbox, talked to another Indian person, this time a woman named Sureji or something. I basically said that this is ridiculous that after nearly a month of having my xbox in their hands, they send it back to me broken claiming it to be fixed. She said she was sorry and that she would transfer me to her supervisor so I could get some kind of special overnight box where it would be fixed immediately.

Well I've been on hold since 12:40 (it's now 1:13), still listening to Indian techno music and I'm not sure what to do. What is Microsoft thinking with this support system they have in place? Why do they outsource phonecalls to India? With people who hardly know what the X-Boxs are.. and why would they send me a broken system claiming it fixed? Do they not even test the god damn thing?
 9 years ago '05        #891
PhI|0z0pH3r 72 heat pts72
space
space
$15,376 | Props total: 3 3
I think my sh*t might of just fu*ked up for the 3rd time man. This is ridiculous. My sh*t is freezing on the dashboard and wont let me do anything else and i have to reset the system. A bit mad but hopefully i get that new service people have been talking about.
 10-15-2008, 11:44 PM         #892
MJC1089  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Awperator2 said:

got my new xbox in 1 day

Called them monday at 9am, recieved new xbox on wednesday at 11am

Nice huh? One day without Xbox
I called over 4 times and every single indian person I've talked to all tell me that that this program doesn't exist. Whats up with that? Lame.
 9 years ago '04        #893
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
$11,753 | Props total: 1571 1571
:angry12:I told my bro fallout 3 breaks 360's it done his in last week and then came back for seconds on mine and it had to happen 3 days before Gears of war 2 and 2 weeks before naruto well anyway guess i gotta send it off any of my fellow victoms wanna tell me just how long it'll be before i get my baby back.
 9 years ago '05        #894
mattdogg444 
space
space
$14,497 | Props total: 717 717
have fun getting it back, took me a month and a bit but it took my buddy 3 days...so i guess it depends on how much they like u
 11-06-2008, 06:37 PM         #895
VirginiaHustler  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DaMassacre said:
Aight I call them and tell them that my xbox is freezing and the screen is turning green. Ok they trouble shoot and sh*t and they tell me since my warranty is up I gotta pay $100 to get it repaired! Ive only had it for little over a year so now I got to pay for it? I know I seen xboxs for $150 or $199 why not buy a new one?

But what's up with this? Anyway around it? It suck bc I Live will be out soon.
Microsoft extended the warranty to 3 years because of the system failures so you shouldn't be paying for sh*t. I bought mine in 2006 and haven't had a receipt in God knows how long. Mine crapped out 3 days ago with the 3rrd and I called Microsoft to send me the box for repairs. Just look at the maunufacture date on the back and if it isn't 3 years after that date then you're covered. I'm just mad mine went out the week GOW2 drops
 11-06-2008, 06:40 PM         #896
VirginiaHustler  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CASH1 said:
Alright well.. I need your guys collective help.

Mid-September, I had my launch 360 finally RROD. I sent it out to be fixed and I just received it back today via UPS.

I plugged it in following the instructions and low and behold.. the system is dead on arrival (they said they repaired my system, and it's the same serial #, but the system is still broken).

I called up 1800myxbox, talked to another Indian person, this time a woman named Sureji or something. I basically said that this is ridiculous that after nearly a month of having my xbox in their hands, they send it back to me broken claiming it to be fixed. She said she was sorry and that she would transfer me to her supervisor so I could get some kind of special overnight box where it would be fixed immediately.

Well I've been on hold since 12:40 (it's now 1:13), still listening to Indian techno music and I'm not sure what to do. What is Microsoft thinking with this support system they have in place? Why do they outsource phonecalls to India? With people who hardly know what the X-Boxs are.. and why would they send me a broken system claiming it fixed? Do they not even test the god damn thing?
"Thank you for calling XBOX, pleez come again"

[pic - click to view]

11-06-2008, 06:42 PM         #897
iamcrackmusik  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
if yall dont wanna wait 4 MS 2 fix it and have a little $$$ to spend...use the towel trick

then sell it to gamespot

my homie's 360 crapped out and his warranty is void...so instead of trashing it I said I wanted it for parts

I used the towel trick and gave it 2 gamestop....they tested it and it worked(using the towel trick the system will only work up 2 an hour and then 3 ring again)

they gave me $140 store credit and then I bought an arcade for $200 at another store...now I have 2 360s with store warranties so if they fu*k up...jus take it back 2 a store and they give u a brand new on the spot

jus another option for my impatient peoples.....
 9 years ago '04        #898
Pipe-Layer 
space
space
$2,263 | Props total: 0 0
Got mine fix and never looked back!

Last edited by Pipe-Layer; 11-25-2008 at 06:58 PM..
 9 years ago '07        #899
Adam Is BeTTeR 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,845 | Props total: 2532 2532
i got 1 ring, what does that mean?
 9 years ago '06        #900
Jersey826 5 heat pts
space
space
$6,825 | Props total: 1170 1170
Aight the weirdest sh*t just happened to me while playing Fallout 3. In the middle of me playing for only about 30 mins (system was nowhere near what could be considered hot, not even warm) the screen went corrupt (white squares all over), this weird screech came through my TV speakers, and the whole system froze.

I turned it off manually, then checked the game disc, not one scratch. So I pop it back in and it works no problem. Go back to the same point in the game and no problem.

WTF just happened? Scared the sh*t outta me cause it's 2am over here w/ me being the only one up on the other side of the house. Oh yeah and I copped this 360 about a year ago from Target.

Am I about to get the RROD?

WTF was that?

Is my system haunted by an evil spirit for which the only complete cure is to call in a Native American Shaman?
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside The Administration Kicked Me Out But I Went Round Back On They A@%
40 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
83 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
256 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
69 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
296 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
135 comments
1 day ago