Official 360 Repair {Help} Thread (ALL TOPICS INVOLVING HW FAILURE IN HERE PLEASE)

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
62 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
58 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 14 - The FCC just killed net neutrality
77 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
251 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '05        #721
PhI|0z0pH3r 72 heat pts72
space
space
$15,376 | Props total: 3 3
Sure it was 3 Red Rings and not 4 or 2? Which both do not the require the 360 to be shipped just something on the users part.
 10 years ago '05        #722
fazzjoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,006 | Props total: 1 1
 PhI|0z0pH3r said:
Sure it was 3 Red Rings and not 4 or 2? Which both do not the require the 360 to be shipped just something on the users part.
yeah it was 3 red rings.
and the xbox customer help website thing said
you have a hardware failure if you have
3 red rings.
 10 years ago '04        #723
dcmex81 93 heat pts93
space
space
$1,736 | Props total: 0 0
So I just got my Xbox back 2 weeks ago after having the red rings of death and two days ago I got 1 red ring. I turned off my xbox and restarted it and it was cool..But I have noticed my xbox acting a little weird. I think if this xbox fu*ks up i'm going to get the Elite and call it a day.
 10 years ago '05        #724
fazzjoe 2 heat pts
space
space
Well I just sent off my xbox for the very first time no less than 20 mins ago.
Then I come back home and I read the instructions again, and it said to

Record the tracking number from the return label and obtain a receipt from the shipper.

Will I be ok even though I forgot to do that?
 05-15-2008, 06:32 PM         #725
Fresh 84  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Why everytime i play for about half an hour to an hour my screen goes blank and the 360 flashes 1 red light?
 10 years ago '04        #726
VickVega 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,739 | Props total: 114 114
My sh*t just broke, and they dont even send the coffins anymore. I gotta go get a fu*king box myself, and print out a label from my e-mail. Thats Bullsh*t, they should be doing the work for me. I fu*king hate microsoft.
 05-19-2008, 10:21 PM         #727
MUSUBIHEAD  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'll give it a shot should we get the red lights. Worth a shot vs trashing it.
 10 years ago '06        #728
H-Town Renegade 
space
space
$2,624 | Props total: 101 101
they do send you the boxes, right? Also, how long does the process take?
 10 years ago '05        #729
fazzjoe 2 heat pts
space
space
dang how long does the process take man i've been waiting forever...
 05-28-2008, 04:58 PM         #730
ElMarroAfamado  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 PhI|0z0pH3r said:

[pic - click to view]

Sigh...Come back soon. MS better give me back my original console and not some other bs.
man i got my 360 like in 06 NEW, after like 1 year i got the red rings
i sent it back and i got some stupid letter that said they had to REPLACE IT
cuz it was unfixable, AND MUTHAfu*kERS SENT ME A REFURBISHED ONE
and less than a year later (i hardly even play the 360) i get them again
i sent it like 3 weeks go and i got my 360 today AND I GET SOME 360 THATS ALL MARKED UP BANGED up
SO I WENT FROM SENDIng in my brand new 360, to getting a refurbished (i knew it cuz they fu*king told me the serial was a refurbished console) and now to getting anoooother refurbed thats not even the one i sent in (but i called and the guy said it was the same one)
But its not cuz this one had marks n sh*t ...they had got my system like one day, and by the next they shipped me another one ...so i told him like cmon now ...

and NOW im pissed cuz this one i got is all banged up
Anyone that has dealt with this before or a similar situation got any tips Cuz i mean sh*t i either want another console or a new one or something man
or get some kinda gift certificate to buy one cuz really this is bullsh*t

ANy Suggestions on what i can do? is it too late to get a new one ? (the supervisor said they dont send out new xboxes)
 05-28-2008, 05:00 PM         #731
ElMarroAfamado  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
anyone got any tips/suggestions on what might be the easiest way to get a 360 Elite either through microsoft (even though i have the regular one)
or any other method maybe getting credit somewhere and paying the difference or something
(i have no receipts of my original purchase)
 10 years ago '04        #732
GetOnMahLevel 
space
space
$5,488 | Props total: 104 104
 Just1Spark said:
I can't believe ppl are still dealing with Microsoft's bullsh*t. Get a PS3 and stop supporting a company that doesn't give a sh*t about it's consumers.
i agreed with you up until you said M$ doesnt gcare about its consumers...i dont think they would've extended the warranty on the main issue out so long if they didnt care about their consumers...

but i agree with the cat above about the refurbed boxes...i just received my 4th 360 in the mail a couple of days ago...none them lasted more than a year...1st one lasted 11months...2nd one 10months...3rd a few weeks(not RROD but a USB issue) so i'm just waiting on the day i can send this one back...although i've already found something wrong with it...one of the green LEDs doesnt light up...let's say for instance i have the box laying down horizontally...and i have 2 controllers connected...the LED for the 2nd player will not light up...not a real big issue...but still an issue none the less...
 05-29-2008, 01:45 PM         #733
ElMarroAfamado  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 GetOnMahLevel said:
i agreed with you up until you said M$ doesnt gcare about its consumers...i dont think they would've extended the warranty on the main issue out so long if they didnt care about their consumers...

but i agree with the cat above about the refurbed boxes...i just received my 4th 360 in the mail a couple of days ago...none them lasted more than a year...1st one lasted 11months...2nd one 10months...3rd a few weeks(not RROD but a USB issue) so i'm just waiting on the day i can send this one back...although i've already found something wrong with it...one of the green LEDs doesnt light up...let's say for instance i have the box laying down horizontally...and i have 2 controllers connected...the LED for the 2nd player will not light up...not a real big issue...but still an issue none the less...
for real tho, doesnt it just get you pissed to go from a NEW 360 you payed for with your hard earned money to used pieces of sh*t that always have something wrong with em

:banghead:
 10 years ago '06        #734
beantown 74 heat pts74
space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
long story short....

I went out and bought Quake Wars today and came home and it kept freezing during the training mission figured it might have been a defective game so I tried to play GTA to make sure another game was working alright and then that started freezing too...

I went to the store returned both of them (she was cool about exchanging GTA late) came home and GTA stillf freezing right away . Quake wars seems to be working alright right now so far.

Tried to play halo was straight, army of two worked straight, now idk wtf to do should I just call microsoft and send my sh*t in for a repair? the store rep said that the first sign of your lazer failing is when certain games dont work anymroe on it.
 10 years ago '05        #735
.Hafestos. 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$10,397 | Props total: 0 0
that what mines did before it started to red ring..
 10 years ago '06        #736
beantown 74 heat pts74
space
space
 .Hafestos. said:
that what mines did before it started to red ring..
how long did it take? Thanks for the response man... mods moved my post to the damn back of the forum where no one is gonn aread it :finger:

At random times other games have screwed up too... just got the 360 for christmas this past year so at least i got hte warranty

Last edited by beantown; 05-30-2008 at 12:25 PM..
 10 years ago '06        #737
beantown 74 heat pts74
space
space
 PhI|0z0pH3r said:
Sigh...Come back soon. MS better give me back my original console and not some other bs.
isn't there away for you to check for a serial number or somesh*t on the bottom of the xbox
 10 years ago '04        #738
Tikyle2 4 heat pts
space
space
$4,770 | Props total: 1089 1089
beantown my sh*t did the same thing before it red ringed. But it only took an hour to get the rings. GTA froze. NBA 2K8 froze. After about 6 or 7 freezes the next time I restarted the console I got the rings.

Call MS and see if they'll let you send it in for the laser or what not, but it could be the rings developing. Just keep an eye on it or bi*ch to MS until they ship you a coffin box.
 10 years ago '05        #739
.Hafestos. 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$10,397 | Props total: 0 0
 beantown85 said:
how long did it take? Thanks for the response man... mods moved my post to the damn back of the forum where no one is gonn aread it :finger:

At random times other games have screwed up too... just got the 360 for christmas this past year so at least i got hte warranty
yea mines was still under warranty too, but yea, sounds like its on its way to crapping out
 10 years ago '05        #740
TattooedMPsz 50 heat pts50
space
space
$25,383 | Props total: 8062 8062
hell yea my xbox doin the same thing ima call them and send it in good thing i got a back up xbox
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
93 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
31 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
54 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Jump reveals Beerus, Hit and Goku Black as playable characters for Dragon Ball..
39 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
30 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
89 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
278 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy