Official 360 Repair {Help} Thread (ALL TOPICS INVOLVING HW FAILURE IN HERE PLEASE)

most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
41 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
29 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Teanna Trump got a son now? :deadpg:
29 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
59 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '05        #701
Afnorth123 10 heat pts10
space
space
$17,422 | Props total: 247 247
sent mines in friday..got htere today...same day..new serial and tracker numnber...ups said delivery scheduled for thursday...I already have my copy of gta 4....its gonna be a good week and weekend.
 10 years ago '04        #702
DJWho 
space
space
$1,316 | Props total: 6 6
sent mine back last week and my new one will be here friday
 10 years ago '05        #703
Afnorth123 10 heat pts10
space
space
$17,422 | Props total: 247 247
my sh*t supposed to arrive today but it hasnt updated from billing info recived so i guess that aint happenin...i tbetter get here tomorrow....i dont kno that sunnvabi*ch aint sent to me yet im 5 horus away from the repair place.... all i can do is stare at my gta 4 case
 10 years ago '06        #704
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
$29,029 | Props total: 10697 10697
aight so guess my sh*t s diein (hope it was just a one time thing).But my sh*t is modded so ihave 2 options...

1.Pay microsoft to fix it

2.Swap serials and take the broken one back to wamart

my questions is....if i send to microsoft how much to fix it and will they reflash my drive or wil it stil be modded?

and how do i go about swaping serial number?Do i just swap the cases or what?
 10 years ago '04        #705
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
$30,670 | Props total: 524 524
try fixing it yourself first. I heard Msoft wont even touch it even if you do pay the 160 if it's been modded.
 10 years ago '06        #706
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
$29,029 | Props total: 10697 10697
then swappin serials seems like the easiest....how do you do that?Just switch the cases or where is the serial?
 05-02-2008, 12:34 PM         #707
succaworm  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
From what I've heard microsoft wont touch any consoles that have been tampered with. Check out the xbox-scene forums for different ways to fix it. The cheapest and best one you can do is the x-clamp fix but it only lasts a couple months on average. There is a so called permanent fix which involves changing the solder that holds the gpu and cpu to the motherboard, It's called reballing. The problem with reballing is its pretty hard to find people that still do it because most sites that did it where shut down already. Good luck
 10 years ago '04        #708
Tikyle2 4 heat pts
space
space
$4,773 | Props total: 1103 1103
NO NO NO NO NO!

Just send that sh*t in as is. I sent my modded sh*t in as is about 3 months back and they sent me a refurb ASAP. I just completely removed the Microsoft sticker.

The only downside is that refurb died on me when I got GTA IV and as we speak I'm mailing out the refurb system today.

But NO don't do sh*t but totally remove the sticker if you haven't already done so and input the info on the online support page and if that's down (it was 3 days ago when I called) call MS say you have the red rings and they'll ship you a box.

Oh and the new system they send you won't be modded but it won't be banned either (I sent in a modded banned console and got back one that wasn't banned or modded). Gotta love it.

Hey the worst that could happen is they ship your joint back so it's worth a try either way but I'm living proof.

Last edited by Tikyle2; 05-02-2008 at 01:26 PM..
 10 years ago '04        #709
Tikyle2 4 heat pts
space
space
$4,773 | Props total: 1103 1103
 PhoketzTight said:
my sh*t just died while playing cod4 and got the 3 red lights after i turned it off and back on.called ms but since my 360 was registered by my homie i got it from they wont fix it..sad part about it is my homie is doing 15 yrs..so im stuck with this peice of sh*t....anybody know any soloutions
Yo I see no one answered your question. My suggestion is get your locked up homeboys info address, email, xbox.com user and pass, etc. and logon to xbox.com and setup a repair order. When you get on there though change all the info to your current address and such. If you can't setup the repair online change all the address info to your place regardless. Then call up MS as your friend and setup a repair. And confirm the address is the one you changed it to.
 10 years ago '05        #710
fazzjoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,006 | Props total: 1 1
Yeahhhh finally got me on this very day, May 2, 2008:banghead::banghead:

I have just 1 simple question before I begin to retrieve a new 360.

Do I get to keep my hard drive?

Props to all replies.
 10 years ago '04        #711
ddotdukes5 
space
space
$3,047 | Props total: 10 10
you will send your 360 minus the hard drive when they send your coffin
 10 years ago '05        #712
Doe Stacks 
space
space
$4,703 | Props total: 131 131
^^^^ Yeah listen to this guy...n*ggas be taking they modded Xbox's back all the time. I think there's a sticky on the forums about this at xbox-scene.
 10 years ago '04        #713
TniaS 7 heat pts
space
space
$4,490 | Props total: 720 720
fu*k I got the Disc Unreadable Error! lol I got to send it in for the second time, great........... I just finished up classes until Spring semester starts so I had all this time to play GTA and now this happensssssssssss great
 05-03-2008, 09:39 PM         #714
FoShizzle1  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i might of already posted this but im bored,so sorry if i already did but,my xbox 360 hasnt RROD yet but from what people have been tellin me i think its on its way to RROD cuz it freezes constantly on certain games(mass effect and GTA IV are the ones its been doin it on but thats basically all i play).ive talked to a bunch of people who had mass effect and they said there's was fine so im guessin somethins wrong with my xbox 360

just wonderin if there's anyway i can fix it cuz ive already tried contacting microsoft but there customer support sucks and they basically said there's nothin they can do unless it RROD's which its not doing.although if i think about it the warrenty is already expired so i doubt even if it RROD there's probably nothin they can do anyway right

eather way there's no point in playin it cuz it freezes up constantly
 10 years ago '07        #715
htownplaya 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,566 | Props total: 0 0
time for you to hit up that xbla
 05-04-2008, 11:40 PM         #716
PR0TENTIAL  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Xbox Originals FTW
 10 years ago '04        #717
GetOnMahLevel 
space
space
$5,488 | Props total: 104 104
BS that it aint under warranty...i'm sending mine back because my USB ports arent working...and this is my 3rd box...due to RROD...i got the box sittin in my room...i really dont wanna send it back right now due to GTA but i guess i'll ship it off sometime this week...hopefully snag somebody else's box while my new one is bein sent...
 10 years ago '04        #718
Methadon 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,039 | Props total: 18 18
Look up the x-clamp replacement method. Parts are less than $15, and labor is easy. Basically, you take the x-clamps off the bottom, and replace them with machine screws and washers. You'll also replace the thermal paste with arctic silver paste. I'd also recommend doing the "penny" fix as well (use 2 per RAM, not 3).
 10 years ago '05        #719
PhI|0z0pH3r 72 heat pts72
space
space
$15,376 | Props total: 3 3

[pic - click to view]

Sigh...Come back soon. MS better give me back my original console and not some other bs.
 10 years ago '05        #720
fazzjoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,006 | Props total: 1 1
aye yo BXers
i got my coffin, but now my xbox works fine??
like for 24 hours i had the 3 red rings. and i was pissed.
but now my xbox worked this whole week monday-thursday
with about 2 hours play each day...

????

any tips on my situation?
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
104 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
130 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
96 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
64 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
NBA Jahlil making the move to small forward
114 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Rape Case Against Nelly DROPPED........Nelly Plans To Sue Accuseer
32 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
108 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy