Official 360 Repair {Help} Thread (ALL TOPICS INVOLVING HW FAILURE IN HERE PLEASE)

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
26 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
230 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
108 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
128 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 02-24-2008, 06:16 PM         #621
pimpjay  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHERE TO TAKE AN XBOX 360 TO BE FIXED FOR THE THREE RED LIGHTS OR ANY XBOX 360 ERRORS? AND HOW MUCH WILL THEY CHARGE
ANY WEBSITES? PROPS WILL BE GIVEN FOR HELP.:applause:

DOES ANYBODY BESIDES MICROSOFT FIX XBOX 360'S?:sick:
 10 years ago '04        #622
chctynig2804 2 heat pts
space
space
$18,667 | Props total: 3242 3242
 pimpjay said:
DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHERE TO TAKE AN XBOX 360 TO BE FIXED FOR THE THREE RED LIGHTS OR ANY XBOX 360 ERRORS? AND HOW MUCH WILL THEY CHARGE

mine jus did the same thing and i'm bout to send it back to them so they can fix it...its free if its the red lights regardless if ur 360 is out of warranty or not...
 10 years ago '06        #623
FeS RoY 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,128 | Props total: 12 12
 pimpjay said:

voided warranty? if not call up microsoft
 10 years ago '05        #624
truflipsoulja 
space
space
$396 | Props total: 0 0
yess..got it back..it took me 2 weeks..back to playing COD4 and Halo3
 02-26-2008, 05:59 AM         #625
Teflonic  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yea i got a playstation to, but the point is my xbox refuses to play any discs whatsoever right upon the realease of Lost Od and Bully, bullsh*t.

anything i put in it says unplayable disc
 10 years ago '07        #626
AwolRJ 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,188 | Props total: 4 4
fu*k im thinkin bout buyin ones sounds like lots problems.
 10 years ago '06        #627
FeS RoY 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,128 | Props total: 12 12
Mc Allen,
Tx, Us 02/26/2008 8:14 A.m. Delivery
02/26/2008 5:26 A.m. Out For Delivery
02/26/2008 3:27 A.m. Arrival Scan
San Antonio,
Tx, Us 02/26/2008 12:17 A.m. Departure Scan
San Antonio,
Tx, Us 02/25/2008 9:34 P.m. Arrival Scan
Mesquite,
Tx, Us 02/25/2008 4:42 P.m. Departure Scan

02/25/2008 3:37 P.m. Origin Scan
 10 years ago '05        #628
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$37,061 | Props total: 10743 10743
got my 360 back today... same shell but the insides might be different... My launch 360 had the Hitachi drive and that's been the drive in my console all 3 times i had it repaired, but this time, it has the BenQ drive in it... they also sent me another power brick so hopefully, this one lasts me (probably won't )
 10 years ago '04        #629
Tikyle2 4 heat pts
space
space
$4,763 | Props total: 1076 1076
 FeS RoY said:
voided warranty? if not call up microsoft
They even fix voided warranty joints for free.
 10 years ago '04        #630
ruff 6 heat pts
space
space
$26,644 | Props total: 2649 2649
So I'll most likely get the same console back?

Kinda hope I get an HDMI Xbox.
 03-04-2008, 10:18 PM         #631
shark23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
everything is plugged in right and there is no picture just audio can u help me?
 10 years ago '05        #632
HiRolliN 109 heat pts109
space
space
$20,248 | Props total: 2422 2422
double check to make sure all the wires are plugged all the way into your tv and xbox360
 03-05-2008, 06:03 PM         #633
Arkanjal  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
MY fu*kIN' XBOX BROKE THE FIRST DAY OF SPRING BREAK:banghead::finger::banghead::finger:
 03-05-2008, 09:16 PM         #634
Jero457  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
how long does it usually take for microsoft to fix an xbox
 10 years ago '05        #635
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$37,061 | Props total: 10743 10743
typically 2 weeks... most of the 2 weeks is your xbox spent in transit to and from texas...
 10 years ago '04        #636
daone2fear 
space
space
space
$696 | Props total: 5 5
Didn't know if this was posted already.....

February 26, 2008 - Independent warranty company SquareTrade says the 16 percent Xbox 360 failure rate it reported earlier this month is just a starting point and that the actual figure could be higher.

SquareTrade warranty company announced the results of a report indicating that the Xbox 360 has a failure rate of 16.4 percent. Today, in a post on its buyer's blog, the company released more information about the study, including dates, sample sizes and failure patterns.

SquareTrade said it received 171 claims on a sample group of 1040 Xbox 360 warranties purchased between April 1 and July 31 2007. The company said all the claims were made by non-commercial users (read: not companies like IGN, whose editors are known to take their 360s into the bathtub with them) and did not include accidental damage.

Because of the date range studied, SquareTrade said it was unlikely that any modified 360s -- announced by MS in July to combat overheating problems -- were included in the sample.

Also, because the report only tracked the sample for between six and 10 months after warranty purchase, SquareTrade said the failure rate may be low. If tracking would have continued for 24 to 36 months, the company said "the fail rate is certain to go up."

"Our data shows that failures spike in the third month after warranty purchase but remain fairly steady after that, with only incremental drop-off until the eight month," the SquareTrade Analytics Team wrote on the blog. "This pattern is fairly consistent with all electronics failures."

SquareTrade also said its numbers don't take into account those Xbox 360 owners who bypass it altogether and take their claims directly to Microsoft, which could mean the failure rate is even higher still.

For its study, SquareTrade tracked 27 Xbox 360 Elites, 57 Cores and 956 Premiums. Out of the 171 claims reported (60 percent), 102 were general hardware failures (Red Ring of death). Of the other 69 claims:

- 18% were disc read errors.
- 13% were video card failures.
- 13% were hard drive freezes.
- 10% were power issues.
- 7% were disc tray malfunctions.

SquareTrade said that, because the above issues are not covered under the extended Microsoft warranty, which only covers RROD, they are the more reliable figures.
 10 years ago '05        #637
goldgrill910 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,837 | Props total: 105 105
i called my sh*t in, and then came to this thread.
that towel trick really fixed my sh*t. i have no reason to lie.
i'm still gonna send it in when the box gets here....

this will be my 3RD
 03-08-2008, 10:17 PM         #638
whateverman  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
my xbox 360s power brick flahses orange and green and makes wierd noises and the dvd drive wont open any1 noes how to fix dis sh*t?
 10 years ago '06        #639
Triple0 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,890 | Props total: 460 460
Red Ring of Failure
Is your Xbox 360 still working? You must be one of the lucky ones.
By Mike Smith
ADVERTISEMENT

Over 18 million Xbox 360s have sold through since the console's launch in November 2005, but just how many of those are still working? Squaretrade, a company that specializes in providing warranty support to purchasers of electronic goods from various manufacturers, claims 16% of Xbox 360s experience a hardware failure within six to ten months after a warranty purchase. Three out of every five failures were for the infamous "Red Ring of death" general hardware failure error, a problem often linked to overheating.

The Xbox's figures compare poorly to competing consoles, which have a failure rate of around 3% -- and if anything, the Squaretrade figure underestimates the scale of the Xbox 360's reliability issues. It's a good bet that some buyers of Squaretrade warranties went straight to Microsoft after experiencing hardware issues and don't factor into the 16% number. On its company blog, Squaretrade pointed out that failure rates are "certain to go up" as the machines in their study group grow older.

Microsoft is cagey about coughing up official failure rate figures, which has lead some commentators to speculate about the actual severity of the problem. Luke Plunkett, a blogger on respected games news site Kotaku, said in a recent post that if the real failure rate wasn't in the 30-40% range, he'd "wolf down humble pie until his sides split."

Plunkett's sides are likely safe. Stories of 360 owners making their way through eight or nine consoles aren't hard to find, but to its credit, Microsoft has been working with the affected individual in at least one of those cases to lessen the impact of the constant failures.

16 Percent of Xbox 360s Are Likely to Break, Report Claims
Even so, there's a surprise lurking for consumers who return their 360s for repair. When you purchase content -- arcade games, extra tracks, etc. -- over Xbox Live, it's playable by any user on the console you used to make the transaction. If you go to a different console and sign in with your gamertag, you can download the content and play it only for as long as you're signed in. Once you move back to your main machine, it will no longer be playable. Sounds like a handy system to let you take the content you own from place to place, right?

But the trick with this system is that once a broken machine returns from its little vacation, it generally has sufficient internal changes to make it look, to Xbox Live, like a different console. So all your downloaded content -- which, if you're a heavy user, could amount to hundreds of dollars worth of purchases -- are only accessible to one gamertag, and only when the console has a live internet connection.

Getting this situation resolved can be difficult. Affected users have reported having to make repeated calls to the Xbox support line, often to no avail. Some fortunate individuals were able to eventually convince the MS reps to refund all the points they'd spent so they could repurchase all the affected content, although they had to do it using a different gamertag.

10 years ago '04        #640
efromthev 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,585 | Props total: 439 439
My luck with this thing just keeps getting worse and worse. I didn't play it that much anyways so as long as I get it back by the time GTA4 comes out, it won't be that big of a deal. But one time when I sent it back they sent me back another broken one that never even worked once when I hooked it up.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
60 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
21 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
19 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Azealia Banks Disses Remy Ma “You Are Not Important to Rap, Who Lied to You”
102 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Migos clown Joe Budden to oblivion
167 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Report: Rival executives believe Rockets are legitimate threat to sign LeB..
64 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - The end of prison visits: jails end face-to-face contact – and familie..
102 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy