Official 360 Repair {Help} Thread (ALL TOPICS INVOLVING HW FAILURE IN HERE PLEASE)

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
61 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Tay K has signed a record deal with 88 Classic Records worth millions.
37 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
69 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
136 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '05        #541
G_M_D 
space
space
$1,678 | Props total: 24 24
Guys my fu*king Elite just Red ringed Should I a.Return it to gs(copped the warranty) and copp the same elite or b.send it in to ms???
 10 years ago '04        #542
Kap(Da)King|M 5 heat pts
space
space
$7,208 | Props total: 102 102
 G_M_D said:
Guys my fu*king Elite just Red ringed Should I a.Return it to gs(copped the warranty) and copp the same elite or b.send it in to ms???
if u got a warranty take it back to gs
 10 years ago '05        #543
G_M_D 
space
space
Yeah cool thanks kap, now u think this Red ring sh*t gon be off the new console or is it still fu*king all the consoles up? whats the safest way to go halo ed, premium, elite let me know??
 10 years ago '04        #544
Kap(Da)King|M 5 heat pts
space
space
$7,208 | Props total: 102 102
the new consoles are pretty much str8...id suggest the premiums dat come with the two free games...those are the ones i heard dat are real good...but as far as the elites im sure those are pretty str8 now 2 but i cant be to sure about them

u kno microsft be on dat bullsh*t tho, so keep ya warranty fresh regardless
 10 years ago '05        #545
G_M_D 
space
space
4sho Kap, da new semi handling business as usual good looking homie-
 10 years ago '05        #546
R4P 11 heat pts11
space
space
$7,012 | Props total: 232 232
You want a falcon board. look for a 175w rating for the power supply on the outside of the box. These should have a very low rate of failure.
 01-25-2008, 02:07 AM         #547
more_fya  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
My 360 drive seems like it's about to die. If I put any games in before the dashboard loads up it doesn't even recognize it (just says open tray) and I was playing NBA 2K8 and during one of my games most of the noise disappeared and all that was playing was the sound of the basket hitting the rim and the ref whistles. Even the announcers stopped talking. Anyway I had two questions. I'm going to be getting the HD drive and I wanted to know if I could play the games through the HD drive? Also somebody was telling me that's it's bad to watch movies on the 360 system itself because it ruins the system. Can anybody confirm this? thanks in advance.
 10 years ago '04        #548
dc3003 57 heat pts57
space
space
$33,637 | Props total: 30835 30835
xbox everything seemed smooth till the endthe lady said if its been opened , your warranty will be voided, im like wtf since my sh*t was modded. what does that have to do with them selling me a default system, has anyone returned one yet? and does anyone know if i should take out the flashware that my boy put on my 360? i should get the box to mail it back in tomorow, and he said he cant do it till thursday and that hes gonna take someones warranty sticker out there 360. what should i do cause i dont think hes gonna be able to get that sticker within a week?
 01-27-2008, 08:08 PM         #549
free meech  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
your screwed..doesnt matter..IM sure they will be able to tell u opened it and modded..good luck tho...prolly end up like me with a 1987 system..they sent me an older one then I sent them!
 10 years ago '04        #550
CrAkKedOuT 961 heat pts961
space
space
space
$23,688 | Props total: 15154 15154
 dc3003 said:
what does that have to do with them selling me a default system, has anyone returned one yet? and does anyone know if i should take out the flashware that my boy put on my 360? i should get the box to mail it back in tomorow, and he said he cant do it till thursday and that hes gonna take someones warranty sticker out there 360. what should i do cause i dont think hes gonna be able to get that sticker within a week?
First off, calm down. Breathe. There have been A LOT of people that have sent in 360s with flashed firmware and did not have a problem at all. There have been plenty of people that have sent in their 360s without the silver MS sticker and haven't had a problem.

If your really that paranoid then go ahead and flash the firmware back to the original firmware. Then just wait and see if your boy does get the sticker.

I modded my 360 with a Blue LED Fan. When I got the RROD I put back in the stock fan. Needless to say when I took the sticker off a lot of the silver came off and didn't look good when I put it back. So what I did was (trying to cover my a.ss) make some scraps with a screwdriver on the faceplate and on the 360 case to make it look like I had a problem getting the faceplate off. That way if they did call saying the sticker had been removed I'll just give the excuse that I didn't know how to take off the faceplate. :D

free meech said:
your screwed..doesnt matter..IM sure they will be able to tell u opened it and modded..good luck tho...prolly end up like me with a 1987 system..they sent me an older one then I sent them!
Don't listen to him.
 01-27-2008, 09:26 PM         #551
free meech  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^ lol..but they really did..they sent me one 10 months older then the one I sent them...
 01-28-2008, 08:23 AM         #552
HSINGYI  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
As far as i know hd drive is just for movies, and ive also heard that movies in the xbox is bad for it, but not sure why.
 10 years ago '04        #553
Drug Free|M 11 heat pts11
space
space
$49,204 | Props total: 1362 1362
i just called and mine is shipped

mine had a target warranty sticker on it..so it should still be on there if they repaired MY system..

-EDIT

just called them back to get a tracking number and that nazis switched my console and gave me a refurbbed one..probablly much older

so now im gonna have to call and switch my serial numbers with target

and ill probablly have to send it back in a week

Last edited by Drug Free; 01-28-2008 at 10:14 AM..
 10 years ago '05        #554
ThatBoy 
space
space
space
$601 | Props total: 20 20
Ok I have a quick question. I have been having problems with my xbox 360 ( it keeps overheating when it is in an open area and the only game that will work with out me having to pressing the eject button like 15 times is call of duty 4) and I was wondering would it be easier for me to say microsoft to fix it or should I just go buy a new and the xbox is a replacement I got about a year ago when my first 360 stopped reading games.
 01-28-2008, 02:52 PM         #555
xeduran  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Currency99 said:
sh*t wont read
is there a way to fix my xbox
fu*kin peace of sh*t system
Should have bought a PS3.

Seriously though, just return it to MS since the warranty is good for three years.
 10 years ago '05        #556
R4P 11 heat pts11
space
space
$7,012 | Props total: 232 232
The RROD warranty is good for 3 years. Anything else is under warranty for 1 year and even then I think its still $100
 10 years ago '04        #557
marcy|M 
space
space
$12,958 | Props total: 0 0
they need to fix this sh*t for the next xbox...

one of my homeboys fixed his 360 himself without sending it in...he cleaned out the laser and that took him like 3 hours...

then jabo's fukin power brick goes out...

this sh*ts mad inconsistent but whoever has the best games get the buck from me even if the console is a piece of sh*t :-/
 10 years ago '04        #558
space
space
my sh*t shall be here sometime today

and ill most likely be sending it back next week.

fu*king microsoft.
 02-01-2008, 02:34 PM         #559
young_turk  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
wel i got my Xbox 360 back yest. Its bin away for around 2 weeks. They said they have changed the DVD and Hard Drive. I got a free 1 month Xbox Live membership (pitty i dont have live). Just hope it is all ok and working properly.

Also I think ive lost all my points
 10 years ago '04        #560
space
space
mine just came..it was actually manufactured later than my last one..my original was manufactured in feb 06 this one was in made in june 06 but still no HDMI or VGA but my tv allows component to go up to 1080p so im happy..sh*t looks amazing.

im gonna break out of the back of my tv stand tomorrow so the heat can circulate more and hopefully i wont get fu*ked again
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Get abused in an employee meeting brehs lol
48 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
105 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
74 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
274 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
179 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside F*ck That: Atlanta Businessman Breaks Down How Crazy Expensive Is It to..
65 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Dustin Hoffman Accused of Sexual Misconduct by 5 More Women, Includin..
36 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
185 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy