Is Floyd Mayweather Dodging Miguel Coto????????

most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
58 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Frequent Flier Series: Brazil
9 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
27 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
85 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '07        #101
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,097 | Props total: 30498 30498
 Par Excellence said:
Personally, I dont feel that Mayweather could take Cotto as alot of you people think. Mayweather has not been tested. I believe somone already said and compared it to roy jones. Roy jones was always the greatest and there was alot of roy jones fans, till he got tested and got knocked out. Thats what you people are not understanding. There's people here talking about the sport and promoters like you guys are in the business, but come on, you guys are just spectators like everyone else. Everyone wants to think they know everything, and they know the boxers themselves, but come on.... If your a champion, you should step up and go after who the people are talking about, and that is COTTO. Not get handpicked f!ghts like ROY JONES was.
Tarver was no test... if you've ever lost 25 pounds of MUSCLE over a 2-3 month span, you would understand what happened to RJJ.
 10 years ago '07        #102
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
 Sizzler01 said:
I do understand the business thats why I can find links to everything I say because it actually happened you on the other hand...

and when you say after all Arum has done for boxing he is not a good promoter because 2 f!ghters leave it makes me think you don't know the business
Like i said.. you don't know anything. What makes a promoter good? How do you judge a good promoter?

You talk, and talk... and nothing sensible comes out. So, Arum is a good promoter to you.. because he put together matches you liked? He is a good promoter because he made good matches? What happens when he stiffs the f!ghters? What happens when a boxer thinks he is gonna make "X" amount of dollars... and then, he ends up having to pay the site fee (and he didn't realize that)? What happens when the boxer's lawyer... is the lawyer that his promoter got for him? What happens when the boxer's accountant... is the accountant his promoter picked for him. When the promoter works with the lawyer and accountant to screw the boxer over.... is that a good promoter?

There is a reason why most of the "what's wrong with boxing talk" centred aroung King & Arum.

Seriously, what links do you post? Honestly? I say that PBF didn't accept an $8 million contract.... to f!ght Margarito. then you post a link that says he turned down $8 mill to f!ght Margarito. So what's the point of you posting it? You didn't even post WHY he turned down the f!ght. You didn't post who he tried to make f!ghts with instead of Margarito (before Baldo). You didn't post that the $8 mill Arum offered for the Margarito f!ght wasn't guaranteed. You didn't post that Oscar turned turned down Floyd. You didn't post that Winky said he wasn't taking no more "shorts". You didn't post that the $8 mill to f!ght Baldo WAS guaranteed.

I say that PBF ain't gonna accept no offer to f!ght Hatton. Hatton has to accept PBF's offer. Then you post a link that says Hatton's promoter is offering PBF $10 mill to f!ght Hatton in Manchester. However, you don't post that Dobson isn't even Hatton's promoter. You don't post that Hatton had no promoter at that time. You don't post that PBF has all the power in the negotiations. You don't post that Hatton wants PBF (the Ring Mag P4P champ) to come down in weight... to a catch weight below 147. You don't post that Hatton wants PBF (the Ring Mag P4P champ) to make ALL the concessions.

You just post links to general sh*t that everyone already knows... and then think "your on your j.o." but... you ain't posting no reason behind anything.... oh yea, that's right... PBF is scared of everyone

When Oscar, Hatton, Mosley, Kostya, etc.... were turning down PBF, they weren't scared but, PBF scared of everyone.

You need a clue.

Last edited by stogz; 07-10-2007 at 02:54 PM..
 10 years ago '07        #103
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
 ChickzNKickz said:
Now all of a sudden Mayweather wasn't tested.. So i guess De La Hoya was jus some bum he fought last May

Wat respect do you have for DLH to say that Mayweather wasn't tested...IMO Mayweather gets tested in every f!ght he is showcased in but the fact that he has the skills to pick apart his opponents, he makes it look too easy.
Mayweather has been tested.

He constantly got hit by Emanuel Agustus (formerly Burton)... a lot of f!ghters give up in those conditions.

He was in a dog f!ght with Castillo AND he had a torn rotator... he did finish the f!ght, and kept f!ghting (most people feel he lost). Then he fought Castillo again to prove he was better.

He injured his hand in a f!ght while punching a guy... but, he continued on, with one hand.

He got rocked by Mitchell and Corley... not too severe but, a lesser boxer (Zab) would have folded up quicker than a latin maid fixing a hotel room bed.

He came in as an underdog to the bigger and much stronger "K.O. machine" Diego Corrales... but, his nerves withstood that.

Then there was getting beaten to the punch over the first 3 or 4 rounds by Zab Judah.

Not to mention bigger, stronger, smart, Oscar De La Hoya.

ChickzNKickz said:
Mayweather was neva like he old Roy Jones Jr. Unlike Roy Jones, Mayweather has fought big names in his division and defeated them.. Roy Jones fought nobodies and was knocked out by a nobody.. ( Tarver) & (Johnson).......
RJJ fought Hop & P4P #1 James Toney... and beat them with ease. maybe losing a combined 2 rounds. The guys that were supposed to be "tests" for RJJ, Montell Griffin, Reggie Johnson, Julio Gonzales, and even John Ruiz... RJJ just made them look silly. RJJ was better than anyone's imagination could make up. Also, Do not under estimate what losin 25 pounds of muscle will do to a 35 year old man. If it was fat, it would be one thing, but muscle
 10 years ago '05        #104
ChickzNKickz 100 heat pts100
space
space
$10,992 | Props total: 10717 10717
 stogz said:
Mayweather has been tested.

He constantly got hit by Emanuel Agustus (formerly Burton)... a lot of f!ghters give up in those conditions.

He was in a dog f!ght with Castillo AND he had a torn rotator... he did finish the f!ght, and kept f!ghting (most people feel he lost). Then he fought Castillo again to prove he was better.

He injured his hand in a f!ght while punching a guy... but, he continued on, with one hand.

He got rocked by Mitchell and Corley... not too severe but, a lesser boxer (Zab) would have folded up quicker than a latin maid fixing a hotel room bed.

He came in as an underdog to the bigger and much stronger "K.O. machine" Diego Corrales... but, his nerves withstood that.

Then there was getting beaten to the punch over the first 3 or 4 rounds by Zab Judah.

Not to mention bigger, stronger, smart, Oscar De La Hoya.

RJJ fought Hop & P4P #1 James Toney... and beat them with ease. maybe losing a combined 2 rounds. The guys that were supposed to be "tests" for RJJ, Montell Griffin, Reggie Johnson, Julio Gonzales, and even John Ruiz... RJJ just made them look silly. RJJ was better than anyone's imagination could make up. Also, Do not under estimate what losin 25 pounds of muscle will do to a 35 year old man. If it was fat, it would be one thing, but muscle

^^^^^^^^

I neva disagreed with the fact that Mayweather has been tested... I stated that I think he gets tested in every f!ght he has.. ITs jus the fact that when he doesn't succumb to his opponents, people have the tendency to say he has neva been tested.. Those are the same people that will have a opponent that Mayweather can't beat. NOt basing their opponent on skill but just the fact that they want to see Mayweather lose.. Basically they have no rational...

And as For RJJ, when he fought B Hopkins that was in the early 90's... Neither one of them were at the points in their careers where people were calling them great. Yes he did beat Hopkins fair or square, but that defeat wasn't one that classified RJJ as one of the greatest of his era. Instead it was the way he ran through his opponents with ease. The way he showcased his talent thorugh vigorous acts of flashiness in the ring.

Dont get me wrong.. RJJ was a great f!ghter and no one can take that from him. But based on the opponents he faced and the division he was in, I wouldn't compare him to Mayweather when it comes down to boxing opponents / legacy. I think Mayweather is smarter and a more technically sound f!ghter than RJJ ever was..
 10 years ago '05        #105
Sizzler01 8 heat pts
space
space
$5,067 | Props total: 1046 1046
 stogz said:
Like i said.. you don't know anything. What makes a promoter good? How do you judge a good promoter?

You talk, and talk... and nothing sensible comes out. So, Arum is a good promoter to you.. because he put together matches you liked? He is a good promoter because he made good matches? What happens when he stiffs the f!ghters? What happens when a boxer thinks he is gonna make "X" amount of dollars... and then, he ends up having to pay the site fee (and he didn't realize that)? What happens when the boxer's lawyer... is the lawyer that his promoter got for him? What happens when the boxer's accountant... is the accountant his promoter picked for him. When the promoter works with the lawyer and accountant to screw the boxer over.... is that a good promoter?

There is a reason why most of the "what's wrong with boxing talk" centred aroung King & Arum.

Seriously, what links do you post? Honestly? I say that PBF didn't accept an $8 million contract.... to f!ght Margarito. then you post a link that says he turned down $8 mill to f!ght Margarito. So what's the point of you posting it? You didn't even post WHY he turned down the f!ght. You didn't post who he tried to make f!ghts with instead of Margarito (before Baldo). You didn't post that the $8 mill Arum offered for the Margarito f!ght wasn't guaranteed. You didn't post that Oscar turned turned down Floyd. You didn't post that Winky said he wasn't taking no more "shorts". You didn't post that the $8 mill to f!ght Baldo WAS guaranteed.

I say that PBF ain't gonna accept no offer to f!ght Hatton. Hatton has to accept PBF's offer. Then you post a link that says Hatton's promoter is offering PBF $10 mill to f!ght Hatton in Manchester. However, you don't post that Dobson isn't even Hatton's promoter. You don't post that Hatton had no promoter at that time. You don't post that PBF has all the power in the negotiations. You don't post that Hatton wants PBF (the Ring Mag P4P champ) to come down in weight... to a catch weight below 147. You don't post that Hatton wants PBF (the Ring Mag P4P champ) to make ALL the concessions.

You just post links to general sh*t that everyone already knows... and then think "your on your j.o." but... you ain't posting no reason behind anything.... oh yea, that's right... PBF is scared of everyone

When Oscar, Hatton, Mosley, Kostya, etc.... were turning down PBF, they weren't scared but, PBF scared of everyone.

You need a clue.
likewise, your stanism(yes a word needs to be made up for what you are doing) is out of control,

I don't like Bob Arum but I give credit where credit is due, I mean you're going to tell me he didn't play a large part in making Oscar into a star

Floyd nobody outside of the boxing world knew of the dude he still isn't popular but it was Arum who brought his name to the forefront

if you would read the links I post they are to disprove some nonsense you are talking not to state the obvious:thumbsdow

you say Floyd is calling out all these people Rico Hoye called out Roy Jones when Roy was king who cares? Just cause Floyd says someone names in an interview doesn't mean ish, and you have the nerve to defend his stipulations he tried to throw in the Winky f!ght (more stanism) if he was serious about f!ghting him he wouldn't be doing that, he recently said he has no problem f!ghting Tito and 160 but wouldn't f!ght Winky at 154? thats why Winky moved on because he knew Floyd was just blowing hot air like usual

what the whole thing come down to is I said Floyd has not made formal offers to these f!ghters he has 'called out' since you know so much about business and are quick to insults someone's intelligence you should know that you need to do more than just call a f!ghter out but make a formal offer and have it accepted for there to be a f!ght

you can insult my intelligence all day while ill keep stating facts and you'll keep trying to make Floyd out to be a f!ghter who takes on all comers, maybe you should be a promoter
 10 years ago '07        #106
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
 ChickzNKickz said:
^^^^^^^^

I neva disagreed with the fact that Mayweather has been tested... I stated that I think he gets tested in every f!ght he has.. ITs jus the fact that when he doesn't succumb to his opponents, people have the tendency to say he has neva been tested.. Those are the same people that will have a opponent that Mayweather can't beat. NOt basing their opponent on skill but just the fact that they want to see Mayweather lose.. Basically they have no rational...

And as For RJJ, when he fought B Hopkins that was in the early 90's... Neither one of them were at the points in their careers where people were calling them great. Yes he did beat Hopkins fair or square, but that defeat wasn't one that classified RJJ as one of the greatest of his era. Instead it was the way he ran through his opponents with ease. The way he showcased his talent thorugh vigorous acts of flashiness in the ring.

Dont get me wrong.. RJJ was a great f!ghter and no one can take that from him. But based on the opponents he faced and the division he was in, I wouldn't compare him to Mayweather when it comes down to boxing opponents / legacy. I think Mayweather is smarter and a more technically sound f!ghter than RJJ ever was..

No no... i was saying that YOU said he hadn't been tested. I was just giving examples of specific times he had to over come what he was dealing with in the ring.

Yea... RJJ doesn't have a great resume but... look at it like this. If RJJ was beeating people so easily... if he struggled with bums... we would be calling those "bums" good opponents.

Let's be honest... Tarver is a bum. Johnson is a bum. However, somebody said or incinuated... "the first time he [RJJ] fought SOMEONE.....". Someone meaning Tarver & Johnson. Those 2 are NOT somebodies. People give them credit.... that they don't deserve. Tarver & Johnson lost to the "bums" that people accuse RJJ of making a career off f!ghting. So, what does that make them? IMO, "lucky" bums.

You are right though... PBF's resume IS better though. He'll never beat the Ring Mag P4P champ though (like RJJ did).
 10 years ago '07        #107
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
 Sizzler01 said:

I don't like Bob Arum but I give credit where credit is due, I mean you're going to tell me he didn't play a large part in making Oscar into a star

Floyd nobody outside of the boxing world knew of the dude he still isn't popular but it was Arum who brought his name to the forefront

if you would read the links I post they are to disprove some nonsense you are talking not to state the obvious:thumbsdow

you say Floyd is calling out all these people Rico Hoye called out Roy Jones when Roy was king who cares? Just cause Floyd says someone names in an interview doesn't mean ish, and you have the nerve to defend his stipulations he tried to throw in the Winky f!ght (more stanism) if he was serious about f!ghting him he wouldn't be doing that, he recently said he has no problem f!ghting Tito and 160 but wouldn't f!ght Winky at 154? thats why Winky moved on because he knew Floyd was just blowing hot air like usual

what the whole thing come down to is I said Floyd has not made formal offers to these f!ghters he has 'called out' since you know so much about business and are quick to insults someone's intelligence you should know that you need to do more than just call a f!ghter out but make a formal offer and have it accepted for there to be a f!ght

you can insult my intelligence all day while ill keep stating facts and you'll keep trying to make Floyd out to be a f!ghter who takes on all comers, maybe you should be a promoter
Oscar won a Gold Medal in the Olympics... for the U.S.A.... and all through the Olympics, NBC was following him around telling the story about how he promised his dying mother he was going to win a Gold medal for her. Then, she died... and he kept his promise. All that... BEFORE Arum. Oscar was ALREADY a star!!! Basically, that 24/7 promotion that Oscar & PBF had.... Oscar had all through the Olympics in 1992 (and trials). Arum only capitalized on a "golden" (heavy pun intended) opportunity. I mean, where do you think the nickname "The Golden Boy" came from?

Outside of boxing... your right, no one knew who PBF was (eventhough he won bronze in 1996). During PBF's career... no one outside boxing knew who he was. He left Arum... and no one outside boxing knew who he was. However, due to Oscar, and HBO's 24/7..... people now know PBF.

So, if Winky says that taking $3 million to PBF's $9 million is bullsh*t.... and that he ain't taking no more "shorts".... then stated he took "shorts" against Tito & Mosley (x2)... i shouldn't believe him? I shouldn't believe Wink when he says he ain't f!ghting PBF for less than 50/50? I shouldn't believe what Winky says about his own contract negotiations?

You haven't posted ANY links to disprove me.... are you even serious anymore? What kind of "boxing for dummies" degree did you obtain? You have yet to say or post anything of any revelance.

Lastly, I don't understand how you personally are soooo insulted that PBF tried to contract a f!ght at 154 that calls for Winky to stay at 162. I don't understand why it is acceptable in your eyes, for a guy to gain 15 pounds over night. I don't understand why you have a problem with guys actually weighting 162lbs for a 154lb f!ght. Maybe if people actually weighed what they are SUPPOSE to weigh... we wouldn't see bullsh*t f!ghts like Mosley v. Wright. I hardly call "you're allowed to be over the weight limit ut, not excessively" a "stipulation". If that was the REAL reason Wink turned down that f!ght.... then winky is a p*ssy! However, in your eyes... turning down a f!ght becasue you're not allowed to be 3 weight classes bigger than your opponent is okay

Yea... let's make every f!ght Winky (171) v. Sam Soliman (159).

Your right... if PBF really wanted to f!ght Winky... he would let Wink come in a 174 to his 150. You are brilliant:applause:
 10 years ago '05        #108
Sizzler01 8 heat pts
space
space
 stogz said:
Oscar won a Gold Medal in the Olympics... for the U.S.A.... and all through the Olympics, NBC was following him around telling the story about how he promised his dying mother he was going to win a Gold medal for her. Then, she died... and he kept his promise. All that... BEFORE Arum. Oscar was ALREADY a star!!! Basically, that 24/7 promotion that Oscar & PBF had.... Oscar had all through the Olympics in 1992 (and trials). Arum only capitalized on a "golden" (heavy pun intended) opportunity. I mean, where do you think the nickname "The Golden Boy" came from?

Outside of boxing... your right, no one knew who PBF was (eventhough he won bronze in 1996). During PBF's career... no one outside boxing knew who he was. He left Arum... and no one outside boxing knew who he was. However, due to Oscar, and HBO's 24/7..... people now know PBF.

So, if Winky says that taking $3 million to PBF's $9 million is bullsh*t.... and that he ain't taking no more "shorts".... then stated he took "shorts" against Tito & Mosley (x2)... i shouldn't believe him? I shouldn't believe Wink when he says he ain't f!ghting PBF for less than 50/50? I shouldn't believe what Winky says about his own contract negotiations?

You haven't posted ANY links to disprove me.... are you even serious anymore? What kind of "boxing for dummies" degree did you obtain? You have yet to say or post anything of any revelance.

Lastly, I don't understand how you personally are soooo insulted that PBF tried to contract a f!ght at 154 that calls for Winky to stay at 162. I don't understand why it is acceptable in your eyes, for a guy to gain 15 pounds over night. I don't understand why you have a problem with guys actually weighting 162lbs for a 154lb f!ght. Maybe if people actually weighed what they are SUPPOSE to weigh... we wouldn't see bullsh*t f!ghts like Mosley v. Wright. I hardly call "you're allowed to be over the weight limit ut, not excessively" a "stipulation". If that was the REAL reason Wink turned down that f!ght.... then winky is a p*ssy! However, in your eyes... turning down a f!ght becasue you're not allowed to be 3 weight classes bigger than your opponent is okay

Yea... let's make every f!ght Winky (171) v. Sam Soliman (159).

Your right... if PBF really wanted to f!ght Winky... he would let Wink come in a 174 to his 150. You are brilliant:applause:
rambling I bet you were good at BSing papers in school

I see its impossible for you to be rationale when defending your points, are you related to Floyd or something? the 8 pounds and the same day weigh-in yeah that happens all the time, why didn't he do it for Oscar? I bet he came into the f!ght weighing about 165

oh so now when you win a gold and bronze medal you become a star? this ain't 1960 homie that doesn't fly anymore

you're taking things a little far are you saying Floyd has a large fan base? people know his name but very few are checking for him he has to be the athlete throughout history with the most talent and smallest fan base you see how his headlining PPV against Baldomir flopped

and according to this article that wasn't the split at all and Winky did agree to that weight stipulation

still say he wasn't serious?
 10 years ago '07        #109
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
 Sizzler01 said:
rambling I bet you were good at BSing papers in school

I see its impossible for you to be rationale when defending your points, are you related to Floyd or something? the 8 pounds and the same day weigh-in yeah that happens all the time, why didn't he do it for Oscar? I bet he came into the f!ght weighing about 165

oh so now when you win a gold and bronze medal you become a star? this ain't 1960 homie that doesn't fly anymore

you're taking things a little far are you saying Floyd has a large fan base? people know his name but very few are checking for him he has to be the athlete throughout history with the most talent and smallest fan base you see how his headlining PPV against Baldomir flopped

and according to this article that wasn't the split at all and Winky did agree to that weight stipulation

still say he wasn't serious?

Personally, i think that interview ethers YOU!
  1. I believed what Winky said as far as $3 million to $9 million. That's what WINK said!!! If the numbers changed after he said that, then they changed... but that is what he said. The result stayed the same though...so, what is your point. (like i've said all along)
  2. YOU say Arum is a good promoter... then you post a link that incinuates he's a shady promoter (like i've said all along).

sptimes.com_article said:
"I think it's Arum," Shaw said. "When Floyd normally calls someone out, he's serious about f!ghting them."
You steady saying PBF don't wanna f!ght no one.... You steady saying that when PBF calls out someone, he don't mean it. You steady saying that PBF backs out of f!ghts. Then you post a link of your choosing that quotes a boxing insider as saying[listed above].

... and all along i've been saying that Winky didn't want the f!ght because he didn't want to take "short" money.

You are a lame You ethered yourself

You proved me right and disproved yourself with your own link

also,

If you don't think Oscar wasn't WILDY popular after those Olympics.... your crazy. RJJ would have had that kind of following to except, 1) His dad was soooo restricting and 2) He was confined to Pensacola. Oscar's media tour was nuts... Oscar was selling out large venues right from the start of his career. Obviously YOU don't remember what it was like back then. Oscar was HUGE!

at no time did i say PBF had a "large" fan base. I said people, outside of boxing, know his name and it wasn't becasue of Arum.

Correct me if I'm wrong... didn't PBF do about the same numbers with Baldo, that he did with Zab? 300,000+ PPV buys. Since when is 300,000 buys "a flop"? MAB, Erik Morales, Corrales, Pacman would love to do those kind of numbers. Every single heavyweight would love those numbers. If Jermaine Taylor could do those numbers, he wouldn't be f!ghting on free T.V.

So, as i keep saying... you have yet to post anything of any relevance.

I said Winky turned down the f!ght due to unequal split... you post a link that says the same.
I say that PBF called out Wink... you post a link that agrees with me.
I say Arum is shady... your link suggests the same thing.

What was the point of you posting it again? I'm sure you had a point initially

Last edited by stogz; 07-10-2007 at 10:53 PM..
 07-10-2007, 11:02 PM         #110
DrUnK-N-MuNkY 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
hahaha

Only person i see beating Floyd is Winky also
 10 years ago '05        #111
Sizzler01 8 heat pts
space
space
 stogz said:
Personally, i think that interview ethers YOU!
  1. I believed what Winky said as far as $3 million to $9 million. That's what WINK said!!! If the numbers changed after he said that, then they changed... but that is what he said. The result stayed the same though...so, what isyour point. (like i've said all along)
  2. YOU say Arum is a good promoter... then you post a link that incinuates he's a shady promoter (like i've said all along).

You steady saying PBF don't wanna f!ght no one.... You steady saying that when PBF calls out someone, he don't mean it. You steady saying that PBF backs out of f!ghts. Then you post a link of your choosing that quotes a boxing insider as saying[listed above].

... and all along i've been saying that Winky didn't want the f!ght because he didn't want to take "short" money.

You are a lame You ethered yourself

You proved me right and disproved yourself with your own link

also,

If you don't think Oscar wasn't WILDY popular after those Olympics.... your crazy. RJJ would have had that kind of following to except, 1) His dad was soooo restricting and 2) He was confined to Pensacola. Oscar's media tour was nuts... Oscar was selling out large venues right from the start of his career. Obviously YOU don't remember what it was like back then. Oscar was HUGE!

at no time did i say PBF had a "large" fan base. I said people, outside of boxing, know his name and it wasn't becasue of Arum.

Correct me if I'm wrong... didn't PBF do about the same numbers with Baldo, that he did with Zab? 300,000+ PPV buys. Since when is 300,000 buys "a flop"? MAB, Erik Morales, Corrales, Pacman would love to do those kind of numbers. Every single heavyweight would love those numbers. If Jermaine Taylor could do those numbers, he wouldn't be f!ghting on free T.V.

So, as i keep saying... you have yet to post anything of any relevance.

I said Winky turned down the f!ght due to unequal split... you post a link that says the same.
I say that PBF called out Wink... you post a link that agrees with me.
I say Arum is shady... your link suggests the same thing.

What was the point of you posting it again? I'm sure you had a point initially
yeah yeah I ether myself I know I know lets see how though

you post a quote of someones opinion as ether? Shaw has no idea what is going on in the Floyd camp its called a.ssuming(look it up)

Arum is being shady? or is he looking out for his f!ghter in a f!ght he would surely lose? Remember this is the time when he is telling people Floyd is the best f!ghter since SRL sounds like being a good promoter to me

now let me get this straight... its Winky who is the one who pulled out?

Shaw and Arum come to an agreement, the Floyd camp changes things from the original agreement and expects Winky to go with it? ether? Winky pulled out? hmm who was the first to change the agreement again?

later Arum says
“Originally I was hoping to do Margarito-Mayweather, but Floyd doesn’t want any part of Margarito. Then I saw Mayweather, from what I understood, didn’t want any part of Winky either. So I figured why the hell not put these guys together. It’s a f!ght I’d want to see.'’
you might be the only person who actually 'knows boxing' (im not so sure about that anymore) who actually believes Floyd was serious about f!ghting Winky

back to the topic though, I wouldn't say Floyd is ducking Cotto but he sure is reluctant to f!ght someone who is not years past their prime
 10 years ago '07        #112
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
 Sizzler01 said:
you post a quote of someones opinion as ether? Shaw has no idea what is going on in the Floyd camp its called a.ssuming(look it up)

Arum is being shady? or is he looking out for his f!ghter in a f!ght he would surely lose? Remember this is the time when he is telling people Floyd is the best f!ghter since SRL sounds like being a good promoter to me

now let me get this straight... its Winky who is the one who pulled out?

Shaw and Arum come to an agreement, the Floyd camp changes things from the original agreement and expects Winky to go with it? ether? Winky pulled out? hmm who was the first to change the agreement again?

later Arum says

you might be the only person who actually 'knows boxing' (im not so sure about that anymore) who actually believes Floyd was serious about f!ghting Winky

back to the topic though, I wouldn't say Floyd is ducking Cotto but he sure is reluctant to f!ght someone who is not years past their prime

You got problems...

Floyd calls out Winky.... Gary Shaw acknowledges that PBF is the one that called out Winky. Gary Shaw thinks PBF wanted to f!ght Winky. Your link leads us to believe the Arum (a dude you call a good promoter) f*cked up the deal. The f!ght falls through... and you think that it was PBF who backed out.

Here is your fault... you are a hater! You can't see past your own hate. You twist any and everything around until it agrees with your point of view. PBF wanted Oscar, Arum didn't get it for him. PBF wanted Winky, Arum didn't get it for him.... All these times we hear PBF calling people out, and Arum didn't make sh*t happen. Then, PBF leaves Arum.... pays $750,000 to leave. If Arum got the f!ghts PBF wanted... do you think PBF would have left? Honestly. If Arum did his job proper.... do you think PBF would have left early and abruptly? Did PBF's actions fall in line with a guy who was being promoted properly?

It's funny how... Arum is doing the negotiating, and if the f!ght happens.... in your eyes, it makes Arum a good promoter. Look at how you word things... it is proof of your hate....

Examples...

When the f!ght seems to be on, you write
 Sizzler01 said:
Shaw and Arum come to an agreement
^^^ no mention of Floyd

When the f!ght goes down the tubes, you write
 Sizzler01 said:
the Floyd camp changes things from the original agreement
How do you not see this? That is some serious subliminal magic you are trying to work on us. I should know... i took alot of marketing in my Business program. It's soooo obvious that you are a hater! Look at how you write.... look at the blantant mention of Arum in a positive light... and PBF in negative. You twist the facts of your own article to try and brainwash whoever reads your sh*t. You probably don't even realize your own hate anymore.

Lastly, if PBF's camp, goes to Cotto's camp... and says "hey, you guys interested in a f!ght"? and the Cotto camp replies "No, not at this point in time". That counts as turning down a f!ght.
 10 years ago '07        #113
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
Furthermore... you say...

Sizzler01 said:
Arum is being shady? or is he looking out for his f!ghter in a f!ght he would surely lose?

This statement makes absolutely no sense at all! For the side you obviously take... this is probably THE STUPIDEST thing you ever said on the topic.
  1. You think that PBF is scared of Wink & Margarito. So, how would Arum, looking out for PBF by "saving" him from Winky help? If he is just gonna put him in with another f!ghter that he is supposedly scared of?
  2. Arum obviously didn't do a good job in "looking out for his f!ghter".... if he ended up losing the f!ghter all together.

How many times am i gonna have to tell you? PBF didn't turn down Arum's offer to f!ght Margarito due to Margarito's stature or skill or whatever you wanna call it. PBF just didn't want anything to do with Top Rank. Which is obvious by the hefty amount of loot he put up to leave early.

Since when do boxers PURPOSELY take a $750,000 hit??? Since when does anyone take a $750,000? Especially to leave a "good" situation?
 10 years ago '07        #114
TheIncomparable  OP
space
space
$2,595 | Props total: 0 0
 stogz said:
Tarver was no test... if you've ever lost 25 pounds of MUSCLE over a 2-3 month span, you would understand what happened to RJJ.
Do you box yourself? I'm just curious. I wrestled in High School and cutting weight was part of what we did. I went from a solid 189 to 171 in a few weeks. I took the state title that year as well. It was a struggle keeping the weight off but loosing the weight had absolutely no effect on me on the mat. And as far as I recall, Jones won the bout against Tarver following his weight loss. Then in the rematch he lost. Then his string of losses came. I don't think his weight necessarily affected him; he just got tested by both Tarver and Johnson, and his "hardcore" fan base vanished. And nahh, I didn't have to cut 25 pounds in a 2-3 month span. I did 20 pounds in a few weeks.
 07-11-2007, 05:47 PM         #115
CanadianOG 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
cotto not coto
 10 years ago '07        #116
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
 TheIncomparable said:
Do you box yourself? I'm just curious. I wrestled in High School and cutting weight was part of what we did. I went from a solid 189 to 171 in a few weeks. I took the state title that year as well. It was a struggle keeping the weight off but loosing the weight had absolutely no effect on me on the mat. And as far as I recall, Jones won the bout against Tarver following his weight loss. Then in the rematch he lost. Then his string of losses came. I don't think his weight necessarily affected him; he just got tested by both Tarver and Johnson, and his "hardcore" fan base vanished. And nahh, I didn't have to cut 25 pounds in a 2-3 month span. I did 20 pounds in a few weeks.
I used to box...

I cut a lotta weight in a short time span.... I wasn't 35 years old when i did it though. I wasn't going up against other pros. I was "shot" afterwards though.

Yea, RJJ did win after the weight loss... but, did you see how slow he was? Did you see how loose his skin was? You could see the weight drain in his face. He was "shot". His physique looked terrible (for him). He looked deflated.
 10 years ago '05        #117
Sizzler01 8 heat pts
space
space
 stogz said:
Furthermore... you say...

This statement makes absolutely no sense at all! For the side you obviously take... this is probably THE STUPIDEST thing you ever said on the topic.
  1. You think that PBF is scared of Wink & Margarito. So, how would Arum,
    looking out for PBF by "saving" him from Winky help? If he is just gonna put him in with another f!ghter that he is supposedly scared of?
  2. Arum obviously didn't do a good job in "looking out for his f!ghter".... if he ended up losing the f!ghter all together.

How many times am i gonna have to tell you? PBF didn't turn down Arum's offer to f!ght Margarito due to Margarito's stature or skill or whatever you wanna call it. PBF just didn't want anything to do with Top Rank. Which is obvious by the hefty amount of loot he put up to leave early.

Since when do boxers PURPOSELY take a $750,000 hit??? Since when does anyone take a $750,000? Especially to leave a "good" situation?
dude are you serious, why would Floyd have come to an agreement with Shaw? He is not the promoter

maybe they forget to tell you in your business class it is the promoter who iron out deals if they go to the f!ghter and he doesn't like it of course they will change it come on brah

I don't like Arum so I am not trying to slant things to his favor you read waaay to much into that but im no hater I give credit where credit is due

and you reminded me of the proposal to Mayweather for 7 mil for an Oct. 2005 PPV date against Margarito which he turned down to f!ght Sharmba Mitchell for 3.5 mil, that wasn't because of Arum because he was still with him after that f!ght so why did he do that since you have all the answers
? Thats not a smart business decision

Although a clear picture can be painted that he was scared to f!ght Margarito I don't think he was why he didn't f!ght him I don't know I think he didn't want to take a f!ght that would jeopardize Oscar

But yes absolutely I think he was scared to f!ght Winky Wright because his odds of winning were slim and none... lets see if you still have your stan hat on do you think he would have beat him?

why on earth would this dude deserve 9 mil to 3 mil against Winky when at that time he had only been in 1 PPV where he wasn't the headliner I think Winky was being generous with the 50/50
 10 years ago '07        #118
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
 Sizzler01 said:
dude are you serious, why would Floyd have come to an agreement with Shaw? He is not the promoter

maybe they forget to tell you in your business class it is the promoter who iron out deals if they go to the f!ghter and he doesn't like it of course they will change it come on brah

I don't like Arum so I am not trying to slant things to his favor you read waaay to much into that but im no hater I give credit where credit is due

and you reminded me of the proposal to Mayweather for 7 mil for an Oct. 2005 PPV date against Margarito which he turned down to f!ght Sharmba Mitchell for 3.5 mil, that wasn't because of Arum because he was still with him after that f!ght so why did he do that since you have all the answers
? Thats not a smart business decision

Although a clear picture can be painted that he was scared to f!ght Margarito I don't think he was why he didn't f!ght him I don't know I think he didn't want to take a f!ght that would jeopardize Oscar

But yes absolutely I think he was scared to f!ght Winky Wright because his odds of winning were slim and none... lets see if you still have your stan hat on do you think he would have beat him?

why on earth would this dude deserve 9 mil to 3 mil against Winky when at that time he had only been in 1 PPV where he wasn't the headliner I think Winky was being generous with the 50/50

Stan hat? I'm the dude continually says that he (I), thinks that PBF will get KO'd before he ends his career.

It's all there in black-and-white. You twisted your own link to match what you wanna think.
 From your link said:
But within seconds, he said, the deal evaporated.

"I walked in, I told him: "I believe we have a deal,' " Shaw said. "And Bob said, "so it's a deal - 55-45 (money split)'.

"I said, "Bob, that was never, ever discussed, no deal' and that was that."
Your response to that (info in your own link) is... PBF didn't want the f!ght. Where does your link say that? Where does the link say, "No Deal" Floyd remarked... or something similar?
The link didn't say Floyd changed the deal... you did, you went against your link!

From your link said:
While Shaw said he agreed with just about all of the demands from the Mayweather team, principally regarding weight, he doesn't think the Detroit f!ghter, aformer Olympian, was behind the breakdown.

"I think it's Arum," Shaw said. "When Floyd normally calls someone out, he's serious about f!ghting them."
The link says Shaw thought Floyd wanted the f!ght... you say Floyd didn't want it (despite what your link says)... you went against your link. You said Shaw, one party that took part in the actual negotiations according to your link, thought PBF wanted the f!ght... you respond by saying

Sizzler01 said:
Shaw has no idea what is going on in the Floyd camp its called a.ssuming
So,

1) You were closer to those negotiations than Gary Shaw?
2) You heard PBF tell Arum to change the deal....
3) Why post the link if you are not going to follow what it says?

I didn't make you post the link. You posted it voluntarily. You were trying to prove me wrong with that link. Then, when i quote the link... the link is all-of-sudden inacurate. Your link, all-of-a-sudden doesn't tell the story. The principle parties in the link you posted have "no idea what is going on".

Last edited by stogz; 07-11-2007 at 11:28 PM..
 10 years ago '07        #119
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
^^^
Lastly, when did i criticize Wink for not taking the f!ght? Man, i saw the vid (or was it read the article? Can't remember...) when BoxingTalk.com first told Winky that PBF called him out. Wink was laughing... he was on some "Yeah right.... good one, nice joke" tip. Then when they told him it was no joke... it was REAL, Wink changed his tone up quickly. "Really? Well, you know me... as long as the money is right, i'm there ".

That was to be Wink's biggest payday.... if he felt he was being exploited, fine. The deal fell through and both sides moved on. I respect Wink's stance. Personally, i woulda took the f!ght.

After the Taylor f!ght... when Wink lost a close decision (that i though he deserved to win), he bi*chED!!! Talkin' bout he don't want a rematch. He don't wanna f!ght Taylor again. I didn't criticize him then either... i understand emotions.
 10 years ago '07        #120
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
You know what makes you even more pathetic...

My last couple of posts.... i didn't even post any personal opinion on the actual subject. You havent even been arguing with me anymore.

You've been arguing with yourself... well, actually, you've been arguing with your link.

All i've been doing is.... quoting your link, then quoting you going against the link you posted. Then, I point out (to you) that you are disregarding the article you posted.... and then, you respond.

I am nothing more than a moderator now... for the debate between you (sizzler01) and the link you posted

This sh*t right here is classic

Last edited by stogz; 07-11-2007 at 11:41 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
112 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
314 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
118 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
78 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
22 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
119 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
76 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
38 comments
20 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy