Is Floyd Mayweather Dodging Miguel Coto????????

most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
55 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
22 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
310 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Frequent Flier Series: Brazil
5 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '07        #81
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,097 | Props total: 30497 30497
 Sizzler01 said:
ahh I sure missed this lesson, I really could have learned something too:thumbsdow

if thats your Floyd defense definiton of pricing yourself out then ok... but then what do you call asking for too much money for a f!ght?

and all of this was for not because the 7 mil offers were from before Floyd bought out of the contract when he was saying Arum is the best promoter in the world blah blah

If you can't read... then get off of Boxden.

If Arum is really the "best promoter in the world", why would PBF leave? Why would Oscar leave?

Why when PBF says "I'm the greatest f!ghter ever"... you don't believe him and call him out.... but then, (for the purpose of your argument), when PBF says "Arum is the best promoter in the world"... you believe him.

You can't price yourself out if that money is out there for you. Explain to me how Floyd priced himself out of a non-guaranteed $8 mil... when he ended up gettin approximately $10. If you are not biased and have some sort of boxing and business sense... explain it to me. Also, give me your defintion of "pricing out".
 10 years ago '04        #82
djinferno 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,227 | Props total: 34 34
 TheIncomparable said:
The Fact That He Hasnt Responded About It. Not Even Mention Cotto's Name. Now He's Saying He's Coming Out Of "retirement" To f!ght Ricky Hatton, Come On. Take The Easy Route, As Always. He's Dodging Him........ Plain And Simple. He Doesnt' Want To Ruin His Record.
Hatton is now the easy route??? dude everybody here has May losing to Hatton...

If everytime someone mentions his name, he has to respond, it would be his full time job...

Dodging this dodging that, get the F%^ out a here...
 10 years ago '04        #83
djinferno 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,227 | Props total: 34 34
 geebedatni99a said:
punish??? i have'nt seen that ni99a "punish" noone since gotti, i'll tell u one thing floyd wont there stand there and slug it out wit my ni99a cotto 2 see if he's really "the best pound for pound f!ghter"
only stupid f!ghters stand there and slug, this is boxing stupid, it's hit and not get hit, it's not you hit me i hit you, this is not a hockey f!ght...
 10 years ago '07        #84
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
 TheIncomparable said:
PBF IS DODGINGCOTTO.

For PBF to duck Cotto... Cotto's people would have to voice a desire to f!ght him.
 10 years ago '04        #85
Keystone 
space
space
$2,593 | Props total: 84 84
i find it funny that regardless of what people think about floyd, they WILL pay to see their favorite f!ghter get in the ring with him.......which works for Floyd either way....lmao
 07-07-2007, 04:41 PM         #86
renagade281 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Gunner said:
Since you wanna try to pull my card grasshopper. I will do you better and name six. Oscar De La Hoya (still a decent f!ghter, but past his prime I will admit), Diego Corrales, Zab Judah, Jose Luis Castillo, Angel Manfredy, Carlos Hernandez.

wow 6 out of 30 something

a real champ should f!ght anybody like ali did
 10 years ago '07        #87
jordanfreak7 8 heat pts
space
space
$6,654 | Props total: 40 40
 TheIncomparable said:
LOL, ITS FUNNY HOW EVERYBODY LOVES THE RIDE THE BANDWAGON... NOT TO LONG AGO IT WAS ROY JONES, THEN HE FINALLY FOUGHT SOMEBODY, AND fu*kED UP... NOW HE'S NOBODY... NOW EVERYBODY WANT TO FOLLOW MAYWEATHER, BUT STILL, HE REALLY AINT FOUGHT NOBODY, BUT A OLD OSCAR DE LA HOYA, WHICH IN MY OPINION, ITS WASNT A ONE SIDED f!ght, HIS OWN FATHER SAID THE SAME THING. HIS FATHER ACTUALLY THOUGHT IT WAS OSCARS f!ght. IF YOUR SUCH A BIG MAYWEATHER FAN, WELL NAME AT LEAST 5 OF HIS 35+ f!ghtS THAT WAS A WORTH CONTENDER?????????? COTTO IS THE TALK NOW, WHY NOT BE A REAL CHAMPION AND STEP IT UP. WHY GET CALLED OUT, MAKE IT HAPPEN.
Roy Jones >
 10 years ago '05        #88
Sizzler01 8 heat pts
space
space
$5,067 | Props total: 1046 1046
 stogz said:
If you can't read... then get off of Boxden.

If Arum is really the "best promoter in the world", why would PBF leave? Why would Oscar leave?

Why when PBF says "I'm the greatest f!ghter ever"... you don't believe him and call him out.... but then, (for the purpose of your argument), when PBF says "Arum is the best promoter in the world"... you believe him.

You can't price yourself out if that money is out there for you. Explain to me how Floyd priced himself out of a non-guaranteed $8 mil... when he ended up gettin approximately $10. If you are not biased and have some sort of boxing and business sense... explain it to me. Also, give me your defintion of "pricing out".
resorting to insults
I asked you to define pricing yourself out so why are you asking me again? I said the dude priced himself out because he asked for 3 million more than what was offered to f!ght Cotto and Hatton

Floyd said he was the greatest f!ghter of all-time so I hold him to that standard, why shouldn't I believe he thought Arum was the best promoter in the world? GBP was supposed to come in and save boxing people are leaving them too, just because a f!ghter leaves doesnt mean the promoter sucks brah

the financial #s were not released for the Baldo f!ght so you can't be sure he made 10 mil I heard a rumor he only made about 6 for that f!ght but thats just a rumor so who knows

but it all comes down to is you're trying to deceive BX by saying Floyd tried to f!ght all these f!ghters which simply isn't true, its hard work to defend your boy but you do a good job of it
 10 years ago '07        #89
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
 Sizzler01 said:
resorting to insults
I asked you to define pricing yourself out so why are you asking me again? I said the dude priced himself out because he asked for 3 million more than what was offered to f!ght Cotto and Hatton

Floyd said he was the greatest f!ghter of all-time so I hold him to that standard, why shouldn't I believe he thought Arum was the best promoter in the world? GBP was supposed to come in and save boxing people are leaving them too, just because a f!ghter leaves doesnt mean the promoter sucks brah

the financial #s were not released for the Baldo f!ght so you can't be sure he made 10 mil I heard a rumor he only made about 6 for that f!ght but thats just a rumor so who knows

but it all comes down to is you're trying to deceive BX by saying Floyd tried to f!ght all these f!ghters which simply isn't true, its hard work to defend your boy but you do a good job of it

I defined what "pricing out" is and is not... clearly i might add. You act like you can't understand plain english... therefore, if you can't read....

If Arum is such a good promoter... why would a sane person pay $750,000 to NOT BE promoted by him? When was the last time somenoe paid money to NOT have something good in their career? Why would Oscar feud & bash Arum all these years, if he was a good promoter? If Arum was such a good promoter, why couldn't he get the Oscar f!ght that his client (PBF) really, really wanted from the start of his career? Why was he always trying to substitute someone else for Oscar? PBF wanted Oscar... as a promoter, you do what your client wants.

Various reports at the time stated that PBF made approx $8 mil for the f!ght and approx $2 mil via other revenues attached to the f!ght. So, i say that he made approx $10 mil for that f!ght.

Who in the h*ll needs to deceive anyone on this site??? Why do i care what people want to believe? If y'all wanna be ignorant, fine. Don't act like you know sh*t about boxing or business though. Winky himself said that he wasn't gonna take a "short" from Floyd. Hatton's people will forever be on videotape, turning down the f!ght, saying they need 3 or 4 f!ghts before they ready to face PBF.

You are just a hater who lets their own personal feelings dictate everything on this subject. There are a lot of boxers that i can't stand but, at least i'm honest when having discussions about them.
 07-07-2007, 09:27 PM         #90
Market 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
LOL. Oh so your name is carter right?????? lol. And you are the rapper eater right????????? LLLLLMMMMMAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOO. Poor kid. Be yourself young man. I took a stance and I'm sticking with it. Just cause people are very big mayweather fans does not mean the rest of the world is. Floyd is a phenomenal boxer who has proved himself in the ring time and time again. But so has Miguel Cotto. I would love to see the two f!ght. And as far as you saying I'm talking with an opinion........well yeah I am. Thats what the thread is about. The very first sentence begins "In my opinion......." Ok rapper eater
IP is logged

Dude your funny, and it's obvious you dont know sh*t about the sport of boxing. You probably saw a couple of cotto f!ghts and a few pbf f!ghts, and you draw your conclusion on what cotto knocked a couple no names out. Think about it Cotto has been hurt in at least 4 of his last 6 f!ghts. corley hurt him real bad, ricardo torrez almost knocked him out and he took the f!ght on two weeks notice. Zab could have easily beat him if he knew how to use his abillities. he hurt cotto everytime he hit him. Pbf is much more of a smarter f!ght then zab and cotto put together. pbf would knock cotto out, cotto has no chin. getting constantly hit as accuratly as pbf usually hits his opponents will drop cotto. I'm willing to bet a few g's he knocks him out in 9 rds.

pss............get off this thread go talk about bball or something realness or whatevery your name is. or if the fght every happens come find me and put your money where your mouth is!!!11111
 10 years ago '05        #91
Sizzler01 8 heat pts
space
space
 stogz said:
I defined what "pricing out" is and is not... clearly i might add. You act like you can't understand plain english... therefore, if you can't read....

If Arum is such a good promoter... why would a sane person pay $750,000 to NOT BE promoted by him? When was the last time somenoe paid money to NOT have something good in their career? Why would Oscar feud & bash Arum all these years, if he was a good promoter? If Arum was such a good promoter, why couldn't he get the Oscar f!ght that his client (PBF) really, really wanted from the start of his career? Why was he always trying to substitute someone else for Oscar? PBF wanted Oscar... as a promoter, you do what your client wants.

Various reports at the time stated that PBF made approx $8 mil for the f!ght and approx $2 mil via other revenues attached to the f!ght. So, i say that he made approx $10 mil for that f!ght.

Who in the h*ll needs to deceive anyone on this site??? Why do i care what people want to believe? If y'all wanna be ignorant, fine. Don't act like you know sh*t about boxing or business though. Winky himself said that he wasn't gonna take a "short" from Floyd. Hatton's people will forever be on videotape, turning down the f!ght, saying they need 3 or 4 f!ghts before they ready to face PBF.

You are just a hater who lets their own personal feelings dictate everything on this subject. There are a lot of boxers that i can't stand but, at least i'm honest when having discussions about them.
didn't you already say Floyd paid because he wanted to be his own promoter? now you're saying he did it because Arum is not a good promoter?

I do think Arum is a good promoter if you know boxing like you claim, you would know about his influence in the glory days of boxing

nah homie im no hater, I was a Floyd fan up until 2003, when he started f!ghtiing hand picked and over the hill f!ghters props to him tough the few fans he has he made them believe these were tough opponents... if he fought and beat any 3 out of Clottey, Margarito, Cotto, Mosley, Hatton, Spinks, Wright, I would give him all the credit in the world, where im from you have to earn your claim

and Floyd and Arum are the one who pulled out of the winky f!ght the f!ght was all but made

Mayweather's camp requested a morning-of-the-f!ght weigh-in. That included a stipulation that Wright couldn't go more than eight pounds above the limit.
yeah he really wanted to f!ght
 07-09-2007, 05:44 AM         #92
dj mannie fresh 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

:applause: :blunt
 10 years ago '05        #93
jumpman441 
space
space
$538 | Props total: 9 9
WHo has Cotto and HAtton beatin? NOBODY!!!! THey said that Carlos Baldamir and what happened. These dudes on here are so funny. Cotto should f!ght HAtton before either one considers f!ghting pbf.
 10 years ago '07        #94
TheIncomparable  OP
space
space
$2,595 | Props total: 0 0
 Market said:
Dude your funny, and it's obvious you dont know sh*t about the sport of boxing. You probably saw a couple of cotto f!ghts and a few pbf f!ghts, and you draw your conclusion on what cotto knocked a couple no names out. Think about it Cotto has been hurt in at least 4 of his last 6 f!ghts. corley hurt him real bad, ricardo torrez almost knocked him out and he took the f!ght on two weeks notice. Zab could have easily beat him if he knew how to use his abillities. he hurt cotto everytime he hit him. Pbf is much more of a smarter f!ght then zab and cotto put together. pbf would knock cotto out, cotto has no chin. getting constantly hit as accuratly as pbf usually hits his opponents will drop cotto. I'm willing to bet a few g's he knocks him out in 9 rds.

pss............get off this thread go talk about bball or something realness or whatevery your name is. or if the fght every happens come find me and put your money where your mouth is!!!11111
WOW man. I'm being tag teamed here. No one even addressed you little man. I'm not competing on boxden about knowledge of the sport of boxing or anything like that. But I do know a good boxer when I see one. And as far as Zab hurting him every punch............ man you need to watch that f!ght again. And as far as Cotto getting knocked out by myweather...........YOU obviously know othing about boxing. Who was the last dude that he knocked out that wasnt a TKO. I would love to see this f!ght happen, which I doubt I will see in the near future. But i would love to see it so this Floyd bandwagon can come to a halt

And PS.......I'm glad you know more about Zab's ring abilities than Zab himself. LOL go hang yourself

Last edited by TheIncomparable; 07-09-2007 at 06:35 PM..
 07-09-2007, 04:26 PM         #95
texasplayboy_23 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^^If this f!ght were to happen, it would increase the Mayweather "bandwagon", not bring it to a halt.
 10 years ago '04        #96
Darkside 
space
space
$744 | Props total: 0 0
only one I think he should worry about is Paul williams cotto is not impressive at all and I think Hatten has a style that could possible beat PBF im not a PBF fan but im a boxing fan hatten is the best f!ght right now IMO
 10 years ago '05        #97
jayman4 
space
space
space
$290 | Props total: 0 0
See what most of you fail to realize is that boxing is no longer a sport it is a business so if financially a f!ght between to physically equal f!ghters sounds nice it comes down to what money is being made by the promoter, whoever is hosting the f!ght, the f!ghters, the fines that need to be paid in order to have the f!ght...and so forth. So to say that a f!ghter is dodging another f!ghter because you don't see the f!ght being set up or the f!ghters talking about each other is just have lack of knowledge of the business.
 10 years ago '05        #98
Sizzler01 8 heat pts
space
space
 stogz said:
Wow.... it seems like your boxing I.Q. isn't measured in whole numbers. .08?

PBF has said in the media that... Hatton, Cotto, Mosley, Gatti, Oscar, Winky... didn't want none. So, i don't know where you get your info from.

Eventhough its a shame... the fact is, if you don't understand the business.... you can't understand how and why matches are made and not made.
I do understand the business thats why I can find links to everything I say because it actually happened you on the other hand...

and when you say after all Arum has done for boxing he is not a good promoter because 2 f!ghters leave it makes me think you don't know the business
 10 years ago '05        #99
ChickzNKickz 100 heat pts100
space
space
$10,992 | Props total: 10715 10715
 Par Excellence said:
Personally, I dont feel that Mayweather could take Cotto as alot of you people think. Mayweather has not been tested. I believe somone already said and compared it to roy jones. Roy jones was always the greatest and there was alot of roy jones fans, till he got tested and got knocked out. Thats what you people are not understanding. There's people here talking about the sport and promoters like you guys are in the business, but come on, you guys are just spectators like everyone else. Everyone wants to think they know everything, and they know the boxers themselves, but come on.... If your a champion, you should step up and go after who the people are talking about, and that is COTTO. Not get handpicked f!ghts like ROY JONES was.

Now all of a sudden Mayweather wasn't tested.. So i guess De La Hoya was jus some bum he fought last May....

Wat respect do you have for DLH to say that Mayweather wasn't tested...IMO Mayweather gets tested in every f!ght he is showcased in but the fact that he has the skills to pick apart his opponents, he makes it look too easy.

Its funny cus before he fought De La Hoya everyone was pumping how he was gonna lose and when he won the f!ght the hate jus seemed to grow. He defeated one of the greatest boxers in history and now you are gonna say Cotto can beat Mayweather..

Mayweather was neva like he old Roy Jones Jr. Unlike Roy Jones, Mayweather has fought big names in his division and defeated them.. Roy Jones fought nobodies and was knocked out by a nobody.. ( Tarver) & (Johnson).......
 10 years ago '07        #100
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
 Sizzler01 said:
didn't you already say Floyd paid because he wanted to be his own promoter? now you're saying he did it because Arum is not a good promoter?

I do think Arum is a good promoter if you know boxing like you claim, you would know about his influence in the glory days of boxing

nah homie im no hater, I was a Floyd fan up until 2003, when he started f!ghtiing hand picked and over the hill f!ghters props to him tough the few fans he has he made them believe these were tough opponents... if he fought and beat any 3 out of Clottey, Margarito, Cotto, Mosley, Hatton, Spinks, Wright, I would give him all the credit in the world, where im from you have to earn your claim

and Floyd and Arum are the one who pulled out of the winky f!ght the f!ght was all but made

yeah he really wanted to f!ght

All KNOWLEDGABLE boxing people consider King & Arum the "devils" of the sport. King = The Devil.... Arum = Heir to his throne. So don't be a f**king idiot. The promoters and the Alphabet organizations are why the sport is f**ked up. So PBF...

A) knowing all promoters are bad, chose to become his own promoter (like Oscar)

I don't understand why your brain doesn't function.

Sizzler01 said:
What is your point? These 2 things are not mutually exclusive. Arum is a shady promoter thus, PBF wanted to become his own promoter. You see how easy that works?? Honestly, are you 8 years old or something?

Sizzler01 said:
Mayweather's camp requested a morning-of-the-f!ght weigh-in. That included a stipulation that Wright couldn't go more than eight pounds above the limit.
Do you know how stupid you sound right now? PBF wanted to make a f!ght at 154... and because he wanted both opponents to be near the 154 weight limit... you wanna clown him. What kind of stupid sh*t are you on? There is a reason there are weight limits. there is a reason why there are divisions. All f!ghts should have a "morning of " weigh-in... that is only common sense. If Wink can't stay at 162 pounds during his 154 pound match... then, he shouldn't f!ght at that weight limit. Winky stated numerous times that he pulled out because he didn't wanna take a short.... If in fact he pulled out becasue he didn't wanna f!ght a smaller guy, at 8 pounds above the contracted weight limit, who do you think looks bad? Wait, i know you have problems with common sense... It makes Winky look bad.

There is a reason why Corrales didn't f!ght Castillo that 3rd time. What's the point of "making weight" and you don't even really weigh that much? What's the point of having weight divisions when dudes gain 18 pounds over night? Look at all the drama around weight? I.V.s in the changing rooms.... petitions to use sports drinks in the corners... guys not eating for 7 days straight... ice chips as meals. Are these guys boxers or runway models?

Last edited by stogz; 07-10-2007 at 02:31 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
112 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
117 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
118 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
78 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
75 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
37 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
169 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
22 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy