Jun 27 - iPhone Drawbacks: Still want a iPhone?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
90 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
36 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
75 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
116 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '07        #1
6519 pageviews
89 comments

peaceluvalways 
space
space
$548 | Props total: 0 0
Jun 27 - iPhone Drawbacks: Still want a iPhone?

From a slow data network to a sealed battery, here are some of the drawbacks to consider before you buy the season's hot phone.

1. The battery life question: Apple says that the iPhone's battery will survive up to 8 hours of talk time, up to 250 hours of idle time, up to 6 hours of Internet use, up to 7 hours of video playback, and up to 24 hours of audio playback. And to explain how it came up with these numbers, the company has posted a list of footnotes and disclaimers that rivals the rules you find on a "free trip to Hawaii" sweepstakes form. We won't know the reality until we're holding the iPhone in our trembling, multitouching fingers. Apple's spec page says that the 8 hours of talk time was achieved when "the Wi-Fi feature Ask to Join Networks was turned off." So how disabled was the Wi-Fi when talk time was tested? Apple also doesn't make clear what combination of 802.11b/g Wi-Fi and EDGE was employed to achieve the 7 hours of Internet use. Macs have pretty good power management settings. What will the iPhone offer? Until more is known, be prepared to carry around the phone charger.

2. Where are the keys? The iPhone's software keyboard, with its on-screen key images, may work fine with Steve Jobs's single-finger hunt-and-peck approach, but it could prove problematic for those folks who have honed their thumb-typing skills on BlackBerry units, Treos, Motorola Q handsets, or other PDA phones with physical QWERTY keyboards. Things did not go well for one PC World editor when she tried typing on a prototype iPhone in January; even the best predictive text entry software would have been stymied by the string of incorrect characters. Plus, what happens when the on-screen keyboard covers up the very e-mail text you're trying to respond to?

3.Limited third-party apps: Lots of cell phone power users get more value out of the applications they've loaded on their handsets themselves than the often lame or expensive offerings from their carriers. When the iPhone was first announced, third-party apps seemed shut out entirely, a move that prompted one online petition of protest. Now Apple says that developers can create iPhone apps that run in Safari. Only two problems with that: First, those apps may be fairly poky given the iPhone's slower EDGE network connection. Second, many developers seem to hate writing for Safari. As PC World forums member dazeddan said, "As a developer, we have more problems designing around Safari than any other platform. I wish it would just go away."

4. Data that crawls: When AT&T's EDGE network debuted in 2005, it seemed zippy indeed, delivering data at up to 100 kilobits per second. But that was then. Today, with true 3G technologies delivering data at up to several hundred kbps, Apple's decision not to support AT&T's UMTS-HSDPA 3G network seems short-sighted--especially given the iPhone's investment in cool new Web browsing technology that doesn't suffer from the compromises of a mobile browser. In our limited hands-on tests a few months ago, downloading the New York Times' front page via EDGE took quite a few seconds. AT&T has tacitly acknowledged this potential problem by announcing upgrades to its EDGE network in anticipation of the iPhone launch. And of course, the iPhone will support Wi-Fi, which will make Web page downloads much more feasible if you're in range of a hotspot.

Read Full Article Here

[pic - click to view]

http://www.pcworld.com/ar .. 9/article.html

89 comments for "Jun 27 - iPhone Drawbacks: Still want a iPhone?"

10 years ago '05        #2
tdubbayou 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,109 | Props total: 43 43
"dont dont dont believe the hype" this is just a over price product that no one needs but for some reason everybodys gonna want i also wanted one until i heard at&t only
 10 years ago '05        #3
Briellz 
space
space
$1,278 | Props total: 21 21
Since somebody stole my Ipod, and im sick of Sprint..... HELL YES! I will cop on friday.
 10 years ago '06        #4
Nugen2384 
space
space
$3,573 | Props total: 0 0
The first generation of anything electronics will have its drawbacks, just wait it out a couple months, it'll get better.
 10 years ago '06        #5
LakerFan 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,282 | Props total: 460 460
maybe its cuz im almost 32 but i hate texting, hate that idiotic looking bluetooth thing in everybody's ear (unless you are secret service) and hate ipods. its not because im old fasioned or anything like that, i love technology, i just think why do all that texting if you can just call somebody and chat or use the walkie-talkie feature? I know it has its advantages like if you want to be quiet or something like that but i hate it.
 10 years ago '04        #6
rasheedwallace 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,337 | Props total: 11252 11252
im getting the new blacberry, personally. i don't need all the extra sh*t this has. i wanted it at first but i dont need the excess.
 10 years ago '04        #7
ddotdukes5 
space
space
$3,047 | Props total: 10 10
You cant have a mutli-function electronic device and think its going to be like a stand alone device. They have to make shortcuts to get everything on one device.
 10 years ago '04        #8
Silentmurdah33 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,065 | Props total: 110 110
overpriced piece o sh*t lol
 10 years ago '05        #9
dmunson318 
space
space
$8,053 | Props total: 789 789
 Briellz said:
Since somebody stole my Ipod, and im sick of Sprint..... HELL YES! I will cop on friday.

i can understand your reason. but other mutha fu*kas who already got ipods is stupid and i almost fell into the stupid category.
 10 years ago '04        #10
creep 14 heat pts14
space
space
$6,836 | Props total: 70 70
alreayd got a sidekick 3 + ipod. so no need.
 10 years ago '04        #11
synopsis03|m 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,780 | Props total: 286 286
im still split on my decision the battery life thing was so obvious though cause the mac laptops are like that u turn the wifi off and the battery last way longer i wanna wait to see if that keyboard is gonna be a problem
 06-27-2007, 02:54 PM         #12
iThink 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 creep said:
alreayd got a sidekick 3 + ipod. so no need.
:applause:

Even though we both know as sidekick 3 users that the data is just a sh*tty...ehh well I guess that just means we are ahead of the pack and have had iPhones for months in a technical sense
 06-27-2007, 03:04 PM         #13
unkle 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 rasheedwallace said:
im getting the new blacberry, personally. i don't need all the extra sh*t this has. i wanted it at first but i dont need the excess.
i'll be getting the curve also
 10 years ago '04        #14
DJ Maximum|M 48 heat pts48
space
space
$43,391 | Props total: 11749 11749
Sidekick plus Zune >>>>>>>>>>
 10 years ago '06        #15
RAZAH CUTS 5839 heat pts5839
space
space
$54,071 | Props total: 18870 18870
 tdubbayou said:
"dont dont dont believe the hype" this is just a over price product that no one needs but for some reason everybodys gonna want i also wanted one until i heard at&t only

co-sign......
 10 years ago '04        #16
Stormtrooper 
space
space
$749 | Props total: 52 52
It's the first one people i had the first ipod people use to look at me like i was god lol.. no i have a 80 gig that sh*t is regular.. This is apples first phone in a year once they work everything out.. this sh*t is going to be nuts.. i saw a demo on Msnbc this sh*t makes everyphone look stupid.. Real internet not this mobile sh*t... They said the touch keypad takes one week to get use to, and that sh*t really movies and scrolls and zooms in and out with a touch.. sh*t and i can make calls.. im a get it just after the update the the software a couple of times
 10 years ago '06        #17
Clyde 1193 heat pts1193
space
space
$33,882 | Props total: 21193 21193
stil fukin wit my razr
 10 years ago '04        #18
collegeboy58 3 heat pts
space
space
$9,511 | Props total: 790 790
I imagine that its hard to dial when driving and u cant feel the buttons...anyway, sh*t still looks hot...I got this $150 apple gift card I was gonna use for an iPod but I'ma wait till Oct (when my nextel contract is up) and get this sh*t
 10 years ago '06        #19
DJ Endo 
space
space
$925 | Props total: 68 68
 young clyde said:
stil fukin wit my razr
I'm a power user. I need a full featured pda. Not a trendy smart phone that is overpriced and over-hyped. It aint worth half of what they charging. There are way more drawbacks then the ones that are posted

-no memory slot.
-no way to upgrade the sh*t( which means once it gets old, you throw it out & get a new one)
-no 3g
-no mp3 ringtones( you have to pay in order to get ringtones)
-no homebrew apps( so, the only apps you can get are those lame azz carrier apps for WAY too much money. When there are homebrew apps that do the same thing for free)

-I could go on and on.

Only spoiled a.ss rich kids are gonna cop this sh*t. And dumb n*ggaz
They just tryin to lock you into a plan and sh*t. Why would I pay 600 for a device and STILL be under a two year contract? U know they not gonna insure the sh*t. And with that big a.ss screen, you know its gonna scratch easy.
 10 years ago '04        #20
way2real 
space
space
space
$61 | Props total: 0 0
get a T-Mobile Wing, k!lls it in every way!
Home      

most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
146 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
113 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
57 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
51 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
143 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
206 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
29 comments
2 days ago