Alpine Type R - 12" - Maximum RMS???

most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
71 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
55 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
82 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
27 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '07        #1
15075 pageviews
30 comments

Young Brisco 
space
space
$144 | Props total: 3 3
Alpine Type R - 12" - Maximum RMS???

Wuz crackin fellow BXer's, I got one question and I REALLY need some help. I've seen it stated that it's maximum RMS is 500w but from the videos on YouTube and what not they say they're pushin 600, 700, or even 1200w RMS to it and I was wondering if it can really take all of that. It has that special cooling and that good sh*t I'm thinkin it's possible. + Any one know some good ported deminsions for one 12? THX FOLK!!!! :D

30 comments for "Alpine Type R - 12" - Maximum RMS???"

10 years ago '07        #2
Young Brisco  OP
space
space
Awww, come on now. I REALLY need some help with this ........
 06-21-2007, 10:56 AM         #3
GhosT 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
honestly, unless you really know what your doin than i would not recommend anything over mayber 650w rms. inorder to run more power you really should know how to set everything up. if you know what your doing you can feed type r's 1000w rms if everything is set right
one
GhosT
 10 years ago '07        #4
Young Brisco  OP
space
space
 GhosT said:
honestly, unless you really know what your doin than i would not recommend anything over mayber 650w rms. inorder to run more power you really should know how to set everything up. if you know what your doing you can feed type r's 1000w rms if everything is set right
one
GhosT
Thx for the help cuz I was lookin at hittin that 1000w rms zone.
 10 years ago '07        #5
Young Brisco  OP
space
space
 GhosT said:
one
GhosT
 10 years ago '05        #6
kodak314 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,841 | Props total: 144 144
 Young Brisco said:
i hope you know how to set yo gains, cause if not you wont have those subs for more than a week
 06-24-2007, 08:24 PM         #7
SKINNI 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
WHY BUY A 500 WATT RMS SUB & PUT 1000 WATTS RMS ON IT? IM NOT UNDERSTANDING WHAT UR HOPING TO ACCOMPLISH HERE . IF ITS FOR MORE OUTPUT U SHOULD GET A SUB THAT CAN GIVE U WHAT U WANT & NOT TRY TO GET FROM ONE NOT DESIGNED FOR SUCH ABUSE. YEA IT CAN BE DONE BUT BASED ON UR POST I DONT SEE IT BEING DONE EFECTIVE UNLESS UR ONLY WANTING TO BE ABLE TO SAY U RAN 1000 RMS ON A TYPE R 12:thumbsdow
 10 years ago '07        #8
Young Brisco  OP
space
space
 SKINNI said:
WHY BUY A 500 WATT RMS SUB & PUT 1000 WATTS RMS ON IT? IM NOT UNDERSTANDING WHAT UR HOPING TO ACCOMPLISH HERE . IF ITS FOR MORE OUTPUT U SHOULD GET A SUB THAT CAN GIVE U WHAT U WANT & NOT TRY TO GET FROM ONE NOT DESIGNED FOR SUCH ABUSE. YEA IT CAN BE DONE BUT BASED ON UR POST I DONT SEE IT BEING DONE EFECTIVE UNLESS UR ONLY WANTING TO BE ABLE TO SAY U RAN 1000 RMS ON A TYPE R 12:thumbsdow
Nahh, you don't even see where I'm comin from. I just WANTED TO HEAR what it would sound like at 1k rms a one time deal cuz hell naw I ain't gon keep it at that setting for a daily use, that's stupid + I didn't even say I was gon do it anyways, I was askin what ya'll thought about wat the others did.
And yes I know how to set my gains. Anyways, has anyone else here had any Alpine R's?
 10 years ago '05        #9
JustinSane|M 
space
space
$2,966 | Props total: 17 17
Ghost is running type r`s
 06-24-2007, 10:41 PM         #10
SKINNI 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Young Brisco said:
MY BAD BUT ^ U SAID THAT SO I DONT KNOW WHAT ELSE THAT COULD MEAN BUT U WERE GONE DO IT. U DIDNT SAY U WERE GONE BURP IT IF THATS WHAT U GONE DO. REGARDLESS GOOD LUCK.

SO ANYONE IN THE MARKET FOR PAPER WEIGHT??????
 10 years ago '05        #11
JustinSane|M 
space
space
Depends, how much do Type R`s weigh
 06-24-2007, 11:48 PM         #12
SKINNI 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JustinSane said:
Depends, how much do Type R`s weigh
LOOKED & LOOKED BUT COULDNT FIND A WEIGHT
 10 years ago '05        #13
JustinSane|M 
space
space
Well, if I couldn't use them was weights, they could be really nice book ends
 06-25-2007, 12:28 AM         #14
SKINNI 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Sold!
 06-25-2007, 10:43 AM         #15
GhosT 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i've got r's and i'm feeding em 500w rms each and i'm happy with the sound so if your just looking to burp em i'd say feeding 1000w is kinda pointless, just feed em what your going to daily. why take the chance of blowing the sub/s
one
GhosT
 06-25-2007, 05:59 PM         #16
dcole18 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i saw one burped on 2700 watts one time... lasted about 30 seconds of actual playtime but was doin low 50's at the headrest:wow:
 10 years ago '07        #17
Young Brisco  OP
space
space
 GhosT said:
i've got r's and i'm feeding em 500w rms each and i'm happy with the sound so if your just looking to burp em i'd say feeding 1000w is kinda pointless, just feed em what your going to daily. why take the chance of blowing the sub/s
one
GhosT
Yeah Ghost, you and Skinni are both right cuz after thinkin about it, it is pretty damn pointless doin that. :D Yo Skinni, the paper weight for the R's are 21 lbs. each from what I see.
 06-25-2007, 11:15 PM         #18
SKINNI 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
SOUNDS GOOD ENOUGH TO HOLD A STACK BUT GLAD TO SEE U AINT WASTING A FINE SUB TO PROVE A POINT TO SOME FRIENDS. IVE PURPOSELY BLOWN SUBS BUT NOT OVER WEATHER OR NOT THE SUB COULD HANDLE SOMETHIN. SURE I WOULD BUT WITH THIER sh*t NOT MINES. PROPZ BRO
 10 years ago '07        #19
Young Brisco  OP
space
space
 Nelson said:
i thought about getting the r's too because they sounded pretty good, i ended up deciding that ill probably got for a set of fusion nv sw12's those sounded pretty nice when i heard them and they can handle 1000rms each

might be worth considering since they are about the same price from what ive seen.
Yeah I heard the 2 fusions before cuz my homeboy got 2 of em in his truck, they ight but I always wanted some Alpines though so you know. I saw some R's on Ebay for $124.26 in total each (including shipping) so I went on ahead and copped one of em. I'm just waitin on it to arrive. My uncle has 2 old school 15" Vegas each powered by their own Kenwood amp and a seperate battery runnin it all. In my city he got da hardest hittin bass, from what everybody else says. I only wonder how hard R's REALLY hit in person?
 06-26-2007, 12:46 PM         #20
GhosT 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
if powered and installed properly they will hit very hard. i'm satisfied with my pair of 12's
one
GhosT
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
55 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
201 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Khaled pays homage to Wayne
80 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
58 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Hugh Jackman Clarifies Disney-Fox Merger & Wolverine Joining the Avenge..
23 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy