Brady will break Peyton's TD record

most viewed right now
NBA The Original Charlotte Hornets Logo
28 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Well Damn NEW VIDEO: (Preview/Snippet) Migos “Ice Tray” (Everyday Struggle)
74 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
90 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
94 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 06-16-2007, 08:35 PM         #41
~: AkaDemiK :~ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
brady's a bird...smh, touchin P...never
 06-16-2007, 08:43 PM         #42
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lmao @ me rocking an Durant avy before the season started.. I said he would be better then Oden and the best player in college. everyone thought I was insane.

All of Adams kicks outside of the Raiders one (even that wasn't far) should be made 99% of the time

Last edited by Hurricane Ra; 06-16-2007 at 09:12 PM..
 06-16-2007, 08:44 PM         #43
lilt9484 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
sorry but brady isnt gonna break that record the only qbs in the league right now that can push for the record are maybe drew brees and marc bulger and i dont think its gonna happen
 10 years ago '06        #44
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
$14,081 | Props total: 39 39
 iLLuZiOnZ1313 said:
I never once argued that Brady doesn't have the talent to break the record. I said he won't though because of how balanced New England's offense is.

I also want to mention one thing the uneducated tend to forget. Tony Dungy's offense and passing schemes depend on two things: timing and precision.

Each WR route ran by Harrison and Wayne is a step timing that only their offense knows.
i.e. If Harrison runs a bootleg and crosses as a flanker, Manning will call an audible at the line (that only the Colts know) telling his route WR to take a certain amount of steps before he cuts. The ball will leave Manning's hands probably 1 or 2 steps before the route is crossed and the ball always hits his WR's in stride. Peyton Manning is a precision and QB mechanics dream. His awareness is beyond incredible.

I will completely agree with you all that Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne certainly pay off being some of the elite WR's in the league. Harrison's and Manning's relationship go back for years so obviously their chemistry is unreal.

However, to argue with those saying Manning > Brady without any sort of education or knowledge, Brady would easily adapt to the Colts offense just as easily as Manning would excel in any other team's offense.

The one advantage I give Manning over Brady in besides statistics and records, if Manning's ability to sell the run. I think Tom Brady would excel in every offense in the NFL with the exception of a strong based west coast offense. I've done enough watching of Tom Brady since he's joined the league and I've done plenty of coverage of Manning, however I give the nod to Manning.

Both QBs (Manning and Brady) > then the rest of the QB's in the league statistically and in my opinon.

However Manning's accuracy and precision timing has dominated the stats over Brady NOT ONLY because of the amount of passes Manning takes, but also because of his raw skill at the throwing the ball.

Tom Brady in my eyes and this is one of those things there's no facts to prove it or not, but in my eyes Tom Brady manages the games he plays and is much more of a leader then Peyton Manning. Dungy's offensive timing though is just so rare and so unique compared to the rest of the league's offenses.

The timing routes and technicalities behind it just dominates offensively.

I like both QB's and I love Manning's skills.
Both QB's are the best in the league.

Too many variables though make it hard to compare one another. One has more precision and the other has much more control of his team.

So arguing on BX over this is a bit pointless.

Way too many variables.
Enjoy the season.

Sorry this was so long, but I write with reason and truth.
I was agreein with you, good analysis...I just brought up the fact that I believe Tom Brady does have the talent to put up those numbers, and that even with a crazxy new offense, Belichicks philosophy will never include abusing recievers, i.e. dungy/manning.
 10 years ago '05        #45
Young OG 164 heat pts164
space
space
$18,239 | Props total: 13754 13754
 Maroon_Tiger said:
it wont be as meaningful... .peyton did it b/c he was going apesh*t in games.... brady is gonna chase it b/c hes got weapons out the a.ss...brady is still not a great deep passer....so i think he wont break it

but if he does break it, im not gonna give a sh*t b/c peytons year was 100x better... and if he doesnt come knocking on the door, he aint sh*t... cuz hes got too many weapons....
Of course wayne and harrison are much better targets than moss and stallworth i don't belive that brady will chase any records just another ring.
and when manning got the record he didn't win the superbowl brady did with 28 touchdowns in that season...manning didn't exactly come knocking on the door either with 49

Maroon_Tiger said:
my point exactly.... manning never had a defense like that.... and keep in mind... brady doesnt play defense
I didn't read the thread but i don't what defense has to do with brady breaking the record

Maroon_Tiger said:
holla @ me when the colts can run 15-20 yd screens multiple times in a drive(offensive line)

holla @ me when peyton gets the amount of time in the pocket like brady

holla @ me when the colts defense holds a lead leading defense to 3 pts

holla @ me when brady actually gets an mvp
Brady was Mvp of the super bowl in the 03-04 season...

You mean offense? that 3 points wasn't as much the pats being good as it was Peyton fu*king up

The colts don't run screens multiple times they run go routes all game:rolleyes: but really you sound like a hater when you stuff like that...
They are both great quarterbacks Manning had a great year last year and brady's team looks dangerous why can't they both get props?

TITANS AFC SOUTH CHAMPS bi*ch

Last edited by Young OG; 06-17-2007 at 02:45 AM..
 10 years ago '05        #46
Young OG 164 heat pts164
space
space
$18,239 | Props total: 13754 13754
 Maroon_Tiger said:
^ he didnt come knocking on the door?!!? he BROKE THE fu*kING RECORD..

^ some one mentioned that the pats held the colts to 3 points, weird, this is a brady thread and last time i checked.. .brady doesn't play defense.... so i said that plus the pats defense was sooooo much better than the colts defense, and when the defenses became around the same level of talent, brady started getting his a.ss whooped by the colts(2 years in a row)..

^ he really wasn't the mvp of that game....he put up like 10 pts... maybe 13 at the most... the defense kept the rams off the field, shut them down to like 6 points at half, scored a td, and held the high scoring rams to 17

^ lol... please... the refs even put in the new rules for wr's on the strength of the pats defense b/c they were holding and grabbing jerseys and getting away with it the season/post season b4 it...
I thought you were mentioning knocking on the door of the superbowl because none of this matters this whole offseason for naught if the pats don't win the superbowl these "weapons" are in place for one more crack at the superbowl not that damn record.......Moss is diving on the ground for balls in OTA'S!! not for records and accolades but they want a ring

He wasn't really MVP? so like they didn't really win that game? or Peyton wasn't really MVP this year if brady wasn't MVP lets see what makes one? let's compare....

27 16 145 1 0 Brady x*xVI
48 32 354 3 1 Brady x*xVIII

33 23 236 2 0 Brady x*xIX

38 25 247 1 1 Manning XL
MVP

[pic - click to view]

Keep in mind that brady won those two super bowl games by setting up adam vinitiari<SP> with last minute second drives also...Why can't brady get his props everytime you mention him it's with yeah but...Manning did....damn
If brady doesn't get MVP with his numbers manning doesn't get MVP neither does manning's...manning is a once in a lifetime quarterback and so is brady so why not sit back watch history and great rivalry between two teams?

Refs weren't those rule in place before the season? and if not what does that matter the point of the quarterback is to manage an offense and score so if i get you right peyton was held to 3 pionts because the D was too tough?:rolleyes:

but this topic is about brady breaking the record and don't see that happing because of the type of the offense he has and he really has no need to and brady's not the type of person hopefully because i don't knowhim...that would chase that

Last edited by Young OG; 06-17-2007 at 03:11 PM..
 10 years ago '05        #47
QualityRecords 8 heat pts
space
space
$15,108 | Props total: 1550 1550
I'm not going to get into the "Who is better Brady or Manning" topic in June, but as for the actual thread... Brady will not break the record. I think that record will last for a very long time. Could be wrong, but it lasted about 20 years for Marino right?
 10 years ago '05        #48
Chuck_Remixed 251 heat pts251
space
space
$17,108 | Props total: 3559 3559
Man i just dont see Brady throwing that many TD's. Plus they got a pretty decent RB so they run alot too.
 06-17-2007, 06:17 PM         #49
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Not only that Manning that year faced some horrible teams...

Titans twice and they were 5-11
Jags twice 9-7
Kansas City 7-9 (even tho the Colts lost, Manning padded stats)
Ravens 9-7
Vikings 8-8
Bears 5-11
Lions 6-10

He had a great year but it didn't hurt he played a very weak schedule.. Shows why in the playoffs he struggled so much against a really good defense (Patriots)
 10 years ago '06        #50
Da Great One 
space
space
$114 | Props total: 0 0
Lol Brady wont come close...Da Only Proven Receiver on that staff is Randy Moss.......
 10 years ago '06        #51
beantown 74 heat pts74 OP
space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
^^ yea and did u watch them last year? WR corps was nothing like it is now and they damn should've gone to the superbowl
 10 years ago '04        #52
iLLuZiOnZ1313|M 14 heat pts14
space
space
$9,168 | Props total: 1 1
 t1m_mcgrath said:
^^ yea and did u watch them last year? WR corps was nothing like it is now and they damn should've gone to the superbowl
The patriots blew a 28-6 lead in the AFC championship game and completely shut down Peyton Manning.

How in the world "should they've gone" to the superbowl after giving up the points they did and playing the way they did at the end of the game?

That's like Miami saying they deserved to have a win instead of a loss after giving up 30 points in the 4th quarter on MNF in '00. Miami was winnng 37-7 and they still lost. They didn't deserve the win or an advancement into the playoffs.

The Patriots blew a 22 point lead, they didn't deserve the Superbowl.

Last edited by iLLuZiOnZ1313; 06-17-2007 at 11:23 PM..
 10 years ago '04        #53
space
space
 Christos said:
It was a 21-6 lead. :D
My memory is usually better then that with stats. Thanks for the correction though.
However my point still remains.
 06-17-2007, 11:27 PM         #54
Andre3000 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 iLLuZiOnZ1313 said:
The patriots blew a 28-6 lead in the AFC championship game and completely shut down Peyton Manning.

How in the world "should they've gone" to the superbowl after giving up the points they did and playing the way they did at the end of the game?

That's like Miami saying they deserved to have a win instead of a loss after giving up 30 points in the 4th quarter on MNF in '00. Miami was winnng 37-7 and they still lost. They didn't deserve the win or an advancement into the playoffs.

The Patriots blew a 22 point lead, they didn't deserve the Superbowl.
Blowing leads and still winning the games=:rolleyes: who cares???
 10 years ago '06        #55
Bedlam 
space
space
$4,630 | Props total: 1 1
anyone who thinks Brady will ever come remotely close to 49 touchdowns is a complete IDIOT/d*ckRIDER.
 10 years ago '04        #56
space
space
 Andre3000 said:
Blowing leads and still winning the games=:rolleyes: who cares???
Point is the Patriots didn't win the game they lost. They should have won it but they choked. Therefor I don't see how they "should've gone to the superbowl".

I don't know, who cares...my girlfriend is home now, time for me to be whipped.......

[pic - click to view]

and at the end of the day...even if it's not true...

[pic - click to view]

no beef....
 06-18-2007, 12:03 AM         #57
Andre3000 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 iLLuZiOnZ1313 said:
Point is the Patriots didn't win the game they lost. They should have won it but they choked. Therefor I don't see how they "should've gone to the superbowl".

I don't know, who cares...my girlfriend is home now, time for me to be whipped.......

[pic - click to view]

and at the end of the day...even if it's not true...

[pic - click to view]

no beef....
I got ur statement confused a little bit. I equally have no care for Manning and Brady but the Patriots are something serious next year. Pats>Dolphins
 06-18-2007, 12:12 AM         #58
Andre3000 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Christos said:
Unlike the Redskins, who will be f!ghting for a 6th seed.
Well be great next year believe me. Im only worried about our d-line a little. Nothing that should stop us from being NFC Champs.
 10 years ago '04        #59
space
space
 Andre3000 said:
Pats>Dolphins
I absolutely agree. However anybody who is quick to jump on the "Dolphins will be 4-12" bandwagon needs to wake up.

If the Dolphins' offensive line comes together under Hudson Houck and Trent Green even plays halfway deicent, with our defense we can be capable of atleast 9-7 if we play consistently.

Whether or not that happens is up to the team, but with recent seasons I say we go no better then 8-8.

Patriots > Dolphins

Dolphins > Redskins

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by iLLuZiOnZ1313; 06-18-2007 at 12:28 AM..
 06-18-2007, 12:32 AM         #60
Andre3000 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 iLLuZiOnZ1313 said:
I absolutely agree. However anybody who is quick to jump on the "Dolphins will be 4-12" bandwagon needs to wake up.

If the Dolphins' offensive line comes together under Hudson Houck and Trent Green even plays halfway deicent, with our defense we can be capable of atleast 9-7 if we play consistently.

Whether or not that happens is up to the team, but with recent seasons I say we go no better then 8-8.

Patriots > Dolphins

Dolphins > Redskins

[pic - click to view]

Dolphins may not even make the playoffs and I GUARANTEE ur record aint fu*kin wit ours this year. Not to mention we got yall the 1st game of the season. I feel sorry for ur WR core.

Last edited by Andre3000; 06-18-2007 at 12:34 AM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
52 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
70 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
270 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - Alien Spacecraft Discovered? Scientists believe so
27 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
112 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
48 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
11 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Dear Santa, you are a b!tch n!gga. Sincerely yours, the Santa Stalker.
35 comments
18 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy