Jun 15 - RACISM AGAINST BLACKS IS A GROWING TREND IN EUROPE

most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
22 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake prepping new LP with another new accent
49 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
81 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA LONZO BALL FULL HIGHLIGHTS DEBUT GAME IN NY GOES OFF FROM 3 POINT LAND :mj..
21 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '05        #61
CalcuoCuchicheo 
space
space
$6,478 | Props total: 3 3
 DERRICK D said:
RealWorldSht any place where crack.az hold power will be bad. ONLY dum cra.ckers do suicides. the reason africa and blacc places are like that is because what whites did.
Funny, because some African nations that have African governance, are completely fu*ked up.

Plus, you wouldn't trade your life in the US/"any place where crack.az hold power" for a life in ANY nation in Africa. Hypocrisy?
 06-15-2007, 07:33 PM         #62
prophetz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
um?

remember, this isn't news - this is an article about someones opinion - news is fact. just an attempt to stir things up. up to you if you get angry over it, but remember, none of you are from europe, and since only 1/10 americans owns a passport - i'm guessing very few of you have been there.
 10 years ago '04        #63
JugernoT 
space
space
$1,810 | Props total: 1157 1157
 CalcuoCuchicheo said:
There will always be racism in the world - everyone with a grain of sense knows this.
OF course racism will always exist, but that doesn't mean we have to, or should accept it. Nor does it mean people should give up on trying to stop it.

CalcuoCuchicheo said:
What you probably "get from many Europeans" is "racism isn't a problem here to the extent that is in the US", which is the general consensus. Racism exists, but there's no need to fixate over it like it's an epidemic, when it's simply not.
No, they say it "isn't a problem at all", "unlike" the united states. They make it seem as if racism is like finding a needle in a haystack, when that's not the case.

CalcuoCuchicheo said:
And no, the EU never passed any legislation that dictates that "black persons in Europe must be home by 9pm".
If certain people in a certain European nation wish to do so, that's up to them. And yes, I said "nation", not plural. The article mentions Russia in regards to this.
I never said the EU passed any legislation of that kind. However, you're just down playing the issue once again. Certain people in certain european nation do so because it lowers the chances that they will be k!lled or seriously injured "because of their skin color".

CalcuoCuchicheo said:
Perhaps if Yanks weren't so oblivious to the outside world they'd know Russian society is, & has been, screwed for a long time.
The right-wing in Russia are pretty strong but then, this article tells us not to dwell on that; after all, there couldn't be a correlation between social deprivation, the rise of the right-wing, & racist incidents could there??? Woah.
So it's my fault that the news doesn't talk about these things?

CalcuoCuchicheo said:
There's thousands, if not millions, of white people who feel the need to be home at night in Russia; that feel the need to deem certain areas "no go".
What a terrible argument. He can't go to certain places and must "learn how to behave" because he's not white. What you're saying is irrelevant to the subject at hand. Read the article again. the man doesn't even go places with his wife out of fear of what might happen to her or himself (because they are a bi-racial couple).

CalcuoCuchicheo said:
Eastern Europe is still old school in its racism - but let's be realistic, when Yanks talk about Europe they think of the UK, France, Germany etc. They're not necessarily thinking Serbia, Romania etc.
Ok, maybe eastern europe is "more" racist, but that doesn't change the fact that racism is still a problem in western europe too. In fact, wasn't there a race riot in France a couple years ago?

CalcuoCuchicheo said:
If I "downplay" anything, it's the article; it is riddled with falsehoods. Oh that murder in the UK?? "black teen", "white men"?? When one of the a.ssailants was younger than said "back teen"?? When this was an isolated incident, completely denounced by the whole of UK society, including the a.ssailants' own family??? Ok.
And the article goes on like that, with its' shameless inaccuracies.
If they were "shouting racist taunts" what does that make them? racists. and what does that make the crime? a racially motivated murder (look up the story.. everything I've read says it was racially motivated).

Last edited by JugernoT; 06-15-2007 at 07:43 PM..
 06-15-2007, 07:40 PM         #64
DERRICK D 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CalcuoCuchicheo said:
Funny, because some African nations that have African governance, are completely fu*ked up.

Plus, you wouldn't trade your life in the US/"any place where crack.az hold power" for a life in ANY nation in Africa. Hypocrisy?
country is phucked up because of what whites did.. . barack obama will be the h.n.i.c of this country soon. make us some white slaves.
 10 years ago '04        #65
JugernoT 
space
space
$1,810 | Props total: 1157 1157
 CalcuoCuchicheo said:
Africa?
I hope this was supposed to be a joke.
 10 years ago '05        #66
Rapjunkie 19 heat pts19
space
space
$3,778 | Props total: 16 16
 CalcuoCuchicheo said:
I thought this was the "news" section, sorry.

Do you know what the word, "new" means?? Now try & make the connection between that & the word, "news".

Anyway, there need not be a "significant change" when the article is blinkered. "OMG, European nations strip immigrants of citizenship that they illegally gained??? RACISTS!"
Be serious.
and just because we cant stop immigrants that illegally gained citizenship we arent racist? i suppose youre forgetting about all the actions we take and comments we state towards mexican immigrants. fu*k yourself.
 10 years ago '05        #67
benadreal  OP
space
space
$3,586 | Props total: 73 73
 Floeji said:
Check it. I still want to go to Europe. But i think they're getting all hyped up because of the negative images of black and dark skinned people from the US. We're not all gangbangers and hoods.

But as far as Germany goes, they called Timbaland a n*gga and he whupped homeboy's a.ss.

I'm staying the fu*k out of Russia any goddamn way. Only place that I'll go to remotely similar to Russia is Croatia.
co-sign except france I heard they were one of the worse but they don't like americans anyways so it doesn't matter
 06-15-2007, 07:49 PM         #68
r a n c i d 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Firstly; Russia is not a European country. Russia is inbetween Asia and Europe, and if anything the country is Asian, as the majority of land is inside of Asian territory.

Secondly; The Spanish and Italian football hooligans being racist is nothing new. But while i won't deny there's alot racism from those people, to even slightly suggest football hooligans represent their nation is complete fu*kry. While we're on the subject of football(soccer), i'm sure most black Europeans will be happy to tell you that the racist games are long gone, stadiums throughout Europe for the most part are a family and race friendly enviroment... and there's been alot of work gone into that, some ignorant fu*king report attempting to slander the game for something that's a very small minority at games is a disgrace. Especially while trying to a.ssume Spanish hooligans represent the game of football.

Thirdly; Yes there is racism in Britain, but against blacks i wouldn't really say so. I don't doubt there's black Europeans on here who've been subject to racism, along with white Europeans who've probably had the same. But right now, atleast from the places i've visited blacks and whites are getting on fine. That goes for the Netherlands too.

Germany does have racism, but it being big there is a different matter. I'm sure in germany the East Vs West 'trouble' is far more important than your skin colour to the Germans.

I'd like to finish by saying no European is stupid enough to believe racism doesn't exist here. I think what Europeans on this board are getting at is while we do have racism, and too much racism, it isn't as big a problem as this propoganda news article is trying to make out.

And most replies from Americans are sadly just attempts to shift the heat off themselves and onto Europeans. Because unlike Europeans, Americans won't accept there's a problem, and if they do accept there's a problem, that problem always falls on one race, and not the actual problem itself; which is why you'll always live in racism, where as Europe is slowly working our way to exterminating racism.

On another note, for all these anti-soccer people making out like it's some racist game. Why don't you take a look at alot of European firms... especially in Britain. Where most firms have members of the black race in them. A perfect example of this would the Zulus

So yeah, while theres still racism here just like anywhere else, but don't make out like racism is dominating Europeans lifes.
 06-15-2007, 07:52 PM         #69
r a n c i d 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 P. Dedos said:
DID YALL MUTHAfu*kAS SAY GROWING TREND ?!????!!

fam yall act like this is new

@ what they did to homeboy

dis shyt is sad mang
Give me a break. That's just propoganda from yank news stations because you don't want to look bad.

Only today there was a news article here about how strong the KKK is in America. I could post that if i could find it, but i wont, and you know why i wont? BECAUSE IT'S NOT A FAIR REPRESENTETIVE OF AMERICANS.
 06-15-2007, 07:53 PM         #70
r a n c i d 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 P. Dedos said:

where else would u find a whole fu*king stadium doing monkey chants everytime a black player touches the ball :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

shyts disgustin
Yeah, and listen to the English boo the monkey chants from the Spanish fans.
 06-15-2007, 08:00 PM         #71
RealWorldSht 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DERRICK D said:
RealWorldSht any place where crack.az hold power will be bad. ONLY dum cra.ckers do suicides. the reason africa and blacc places are like that is because what whites did.

Bullsh*t.

Case Study: Ethiopia

Ethiopia is one of the oldest nations in the world and the second-most populous nation in Africa. It has yielded some of the oldest traces of humanity, making it a candidate for the so-called "Cradle of Humanity". Ethiopia is the only African country that has never been colonized.

In English, Ethiopia was also historically known as Abyssinia, derived from the Arabic form of the Ethiosemitic name.

Human settlement in Ethiopia is very ancient. Fossilized remains of the earliest ancestors to the human species, discovered in Ethiopia, have been a.ssigned dates as long ago as 5.9 million years.

After the fall of D`mt in the fifth century BC, the plateau came to be dominated by smaller successor kingdoms, until the rise of one of these kingdoms during the first century BC, the Aksumite Kingdom (Axum), ancestor of medieval and modern Ethiopia, which was able to reunite the area.

They established bases on the northern highlands of the Ethiopian Plateau and from there expanded southward. The Persian religious figure Mani listed Axum with Rome, Persia, and China as one of the four great powers of his time.

In fact Axum was considered the 3rd greatest empire out of the four, following Rome and Persia.

It is important to recognize that Aksum became a predominately Christian nation about the same time that the Roman Empire officially became Christian. This means that Christianity in this part of Africa was entrenched many centuries before Christianity was introduced into countries in northern and western Europe, areas that are normally a.ssociated with Christianity.

Aksum traded with India and Rome (later Byzantium), exporting ivory, tortoise shell, gold and emeralds, and importing silk and spices. Aksum's access to both the Red Sea and the Upper Nile enabled its strong navy to profit in trade between various African (Nubia), Arabian (Yemen), and Indian states. In the 3rd century AD, Aksum acquired tributary states on the Arabian Peninsula across the Red Sea, and by 350, they conquered the Kingdom of Kush.

Aksum remained a strong empire and trading power until the rise of Islam in the seventh century. Eventually, the Islamic Empire took control of the Red Sea and most of the Nile, forcing Aksum into economic isolation thus bringing about the cultural decline of their great civilisation.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Looking at the circumstances, it was the inability of the Askum Kingdom (early Ethiopia) to trade with the white man (Romans) that led to their demise.
 10 years ago '05        #72
benadreal  OP
space
space
$3,586 | Props total: 73 73
 RealWorldSht said:
Looking at the circumstances, it was the inability of the Askum Kingdom (early Ethiopia) to trade with the white man (Romans) that led to their demise.
Really thats not at all what I leanred in my early african history class, it was the bad land, the overpopulation and the eurpoeans that cut it off from it's trade as what my college teacher told me hmmmmm............ oh and by the way the Ethiopians did have trade with the romans and other african countries as well. The romans paid off many african kingdoms so that they wouldn't attack egypt.
 06-15-2007, 08:09 PM         #73
r a n c i d 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 P. Dedos said:
just a propaganda, did u see the muthafu*kas in the stands and black people from europe speaking on it

the damn coach fu*king used racist slurs

waving nazi flags

throwing bananas

when the fu*k have u seen that type of racism in america???

1970-1990, time to grow up

dont get me wrong america has done some sick shyt in the past and theres some racist hillbillys today but now to do this in the open @ public arena and all those people fu*k outta heaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

at least a thousand people were doing the nazi gang sign in the picture
But they're Italian and Spanish HOOLIGANS. They a)do not represent European people, b)do not represent football hooligans.

Do you know anything about these people? You're talking about a group of hooligans that commonly invade their pitches while attempting to beat up their own players and managers. Fans who raid their clubs board meetings and force managers and club owners to meet their demands. Guys who go to their players training ground, while trying to beat up their own players with sticks and knifes for not playing up to their standards. Guys who send death threats to players and try to hire people to a.ssisinate players. Guys who'll k!ll their top player for leaving their club without their permission

To put it blunt the Italian and Spanish fans are fu*king maniacs. They're backed and funded by the Mafia. Of course there's heavy racism amongst fans, most these hooligans are above the police, and as such racists see this, and realise these games are a free opportunity to go and be racist without any backlash from police.

You go to the vast majority of European countries, and you'll be thrown out of the stadium by the police for making a racist comment... FACT. Spain and Italian hooligans to not represent football nor Europe
 06-15-2007, 08:13 PM         #74
r a n c i d 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 P. Dedos said:
listen fu*k the america vs europe shyt going on in this thread

if u watch that its just sick period

:thumbsdow
Tut, nobodies denying it's disgraceful or sick or whichever term is best suited. What us Europeans are saying is those videos do not represent Europe or the game of Football.

There's been a massively successfull campaign called "Kick Racism out of Football", where alot of hard work has gone in to wipe out such f*g**try. And then you have reports like the ones you posted painting the game and fans as the devil.

Like i said, nobodys denying it's going on. But i'm sure there's alot of European black people who'll be annoyed by the fact you're making that video out to be a representation of current football fans.
 10 years ago '05        #75
CalcuoCuchicheo 
space
space
 JugernoT said:
OF course racism will always exist, but that doesn't mean we have to, or should accept it. Nor does it mean people should give up on trying to stop it.
Accepting that it exists, & accepting that it's alright for it to exist are two different things.

You were acting like Europeans don't accept that it exists; I said we do.

Now you're trying to say that's somehow wrong, because "we" should try & stamp it out.......which doesn't contradict anything I said, so why the "but"?

JugernoT said:
No, they say it "isn't a problem at all", "unlike" the united states. They make it seem as if racism is like finding a needle in a haystack, when that's not the case.
Do "they"? That's funny, because I don't & didn't. And I'm European.

Again, Europe doesn't have a hard-on for racism like the US does; so if an isolated incident happens, it happens - it gets reported, it gets condemned, the perpetrator ideally gets a long sentence & people try & move on. Whereas in the US, you guys dwell on that sh*t for years.

JugernoT said:
I never said the EU passed any legislation of that kind. However, you're just down playing the issue once again. Certain people in certain european nation do so because it lowers the chances that they will be k!lled or seriously injured "because of their skin color".
Of course I'm going to downplay it since the entire "point" was moronic.

People worldwide stay in at night to "lower the chances that they will be k!lled or seriously injured".
The "skin colour" part is most likely a result of the abject social deprivation in Russia. Like I said, white people will stay indoors too & won't go certain places; sure the "skin colour" thing can't be used to mask the source - social deprivation - but it's the same concept, just slightly modified.
Minorities will always be easy targets wherever you go; be it Russia, Jamaica, Benin or wherever. But when you see similar things happening to the "majority" &, even more extreme, to the rich members of the "majority", then you know there's a much more complex problem than "racism" which, for all the trouble it causes, is a very simple construct in its base form.

JugernoT said:
So it's my fault that the news doesn't talk about these things?
No, it's your fault that you don't care enough to seek information on certain subjects, yet still see fit to comment on them.

For all that your mainstream media is heavily censored, there are many avenues open to you - you know this to be true.

JugernoT said:
What a terrible argument. He can't go to certain places and must "learn how to behave" because he's not white. What you're saying is irrelevant to the subject at hand. Read the article again. the man doesn't even go places with his wife out of fear of what might happen to her or himself (because they are a bi-racial couple).
He can't go certain places & must "learn how to behave" because Russia is corrupt from the bottom to the top.
IF there was law & order, such a fear would not manifest itself. To be blunt, under the Soviet regime, a.ssault - nevermind racially aggravated a.ssault - was pretty non-existent in terms of being between the general public. Why? Because the hand of the law was stern. Was there absolutely no racism? Doubt it. But any such racism struggled to manifest itself in an ordered environment.
IF there was a proper infrastructure in place to deal with unemployment, ill health, education & poverty in general, Russians would not be so nihilistic & so angered. You know its been said you can have someone k!lled in Russia for a bottle of vodka? There is no value on life there. Where there is nothing, people will cling to anything. In this case, it is right-wing groups & the twisted logic they promote. And, again, no matter what that article says, the right-wing is dangerous & deserves all the attention & condemnation it receives. Surely you know from one subject or another - be it Nazis, the KKK, or Bloods & Crips etc - people who are hopeless or otherwise worthless band together, hoping that some kind of brotherhood will bring meaning to their existence.

There's a whole lot of other "IFs" but hopefully you get the point - a land of social deprivation is racism's utopia, but crime in general has first dibs.

JugernoT said:
Ok, maybe eastern europe is "more" racist, but that doesn't change the fact that racism is still a problem in western europe too. In fact, wasn't there a race riot in France a couple years ago?
Racism is "still a problem" worldwide. This has been established; I explicitly stated it & you explicitly agreed.

Why do you feel the need to state it specifically in regards to Western Europe? When I referenced Eastern Europe, it was to note that if racism is to thrive anywhere in Europe, it would be there. Yet when most Yanks reference Europe, they have Western Europe in mind.

It exists in Western Europe. It does not control lives though.

That "race riot" stemmed from immigration issues. Now how did you know about that? See, it's not hard to be conscious of what goes on in the world. And if half the people in this thread were actually conscious, they would be able to write this article off too.

JugernoT said:
If they were "shouting racist taunts" what does that make them? racists. and what does that make the crime? a racially motivated murder (look up the story.. everything I've read says it was racially motivated).
Where did I say they weren't "racists"? Where did I say it wasn't a "racially motivated murder"?
No thanks, I don't need to refresh my memory; our media covered it well. I've already told you facts of the case from memory.
Hopefully you noted that they were on weak drugs & the elder of the two was deemed almost "simple". Also, as I mentioned before, one was a "white teen" - younger than the victim - so the article's use of "white men" is misguided. It would have you believe it was white adults preying on black children or something.

Anyway, this case got widespread media attention for a number of reasons, so I remember it well. I wonder if "everything" you've read has managed to note the general public's condemnation of such behaviour & sympathy for the Walker family, the matriarch of which being particularly gracious in the aftermath.
 06-15-2007, 08:20 PM         #76
RealWorldSht 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 benadreal said:
Really thats not at all what I leanred in my early african history class, it was the bad land, the overpopulation and the eurpoeans that cut it off from it's trade as what my college teacher told me hmmmmm............ oh and by the way the Ethiopians did have trade with the romans and other african countries as well. The romans paid off many african kingdoms so that they wouldn't attack egypt.
What exactly did your teacher teach you?

Yes there was a demise in soil quality due to the natural heating of the earth at that time.

So what European countries cut it off from trade? The empire declined in the The 7th century (601 to 700 A.D) at the time the Byzantine Empire was the dominant empire in Europe.

Why would the Byzantine Empire (ex- Rome) cut off trade to their Christian allies, when Christianity was at threat from the rise of Islam?

It was the rise of Islam nations around Axum that prevented it from trading with Byzantine and India.

Ethiopia was pretty much the only African nation at the time to hold out against the Islam religion.. therefore you could say it died because of its neighbours (other black african countries) kept it isolated.

Overall my point is proved. Here was a black nation that was great and it wasn't destroyed by the colonisation of the white man. It was in fact the predominant white nation at the time was helping it thrive through mutual trade and a shared religion. It was in fact an opposing religion by its neighbouring black nations that led to its demise.

Last edited by RealWorldSht; 06-15-2007 at 08:27 PM..
 10 years ago '05        #77
CalcuoCuchicheo 
space
space
 Rapjunkie said:
and just because we cant stop immigrants that illegally gained citizenship we arent racist? i suppose youre forgetting about all the actions we take and comments we state towards mexican immigrants. fu*k yourself.
Wtf are you even saying???

"We" don't say anything about Mexican immigrants; there are very few Mexican immigrants here.
I'm not a Yank & I don't live in the US.

Now, elaborate on what you took issue with in my post so I can rectify your error or ridicule you, because you have obviously completely misunderstood something.

Perhaps it was the parody (noted by the use of inverted commas) of Yanks in this thread that got you confused???
 10 years ago '05        #78
CalcuoCuchicheo 
space
space
 JugernoT said:
I hope this was supposed to be a joke.
Human beings naturally gravitate to those similar to them, be it in speech patterns, body language or whatnot. In doing this, they will naturally separate themselves from those dissimilar to them.

If Africa is the origin of man, then this is where the first instances of racism is likely to have occurred.
Of course, "racism" is a modern social construct but what it attempts to define has long existed. Tribal separation is a reasonable example.

And if you think Africans exhibit "racist" behaviour toward one another, you need to study history.
Hey, there's even a simplified version on your doorstep - one group is blue, the other is red...let's separate from each other & hurt one another. Sure it's not based on "race", but the base concept of "separation" based on a trivial factor is there.

Last edited by CalcuoCuchicheo; 06-15-2007 at 08:28 PM..
 10 years ago '05        #79
JaiMega 
space
space
$15,133 | Props total: 18 18
 Opm said:
thank god im white in america.. thank god i dont gotta deal with any of that bullsh*t
When the Nazis came for the communists,
I remained silent;
I was not a communist.

When they locked up the social democrats,
I remained silent;
I was not a social democrat.

When they came for the trade unionists,
I did not speak out;
I was not a trade unionist.

When they came for me,
there was no one left to speak out.
 10 years ago '05        #80
CalcuoCuchicheo 
space
space
 P. Dedos said:
listen fu*k the america vs europe shyt going on in this thread

if u watch that its just sick period

:thumbsdow
And yet Henry & Eto'o are pretty much worshipped by what number of Europeans, about a million times the number of Europeans who bear them ill will based on their skin colour? Yeah, that sounds about right.

That Yank "expose" was the worst piece of "journalism" I had ever seen when it first aired - it still remains so today.

And while you say "fu*k the america vs europe shyt" you fail to recognise that "journalism" was terribly anti-European in being so anti-"soccer".
And let's not forget, guys like Pele, as dark as he was, were hailed from Paris to Berlin as heroes right around the time black Americans were trying to gain the right to sit in the front of the bus.
"Soccer" is one of the greatest anti-racism tools on this planet; & every player who was in that video would agree.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
154 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now