One 15inch l7 kicker, or 2 15" kicker cvrs

most viewed right now
NBA The Original Charlotte Hornets Logo
28 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Well Damn NEW VIDEO: (Preview/Snippet) Migos “Ice Tray” (Everyday Struggle)
75 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
96 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
91 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 06-13-2007, 06:58 PM         #1
11016 pageviews
55 comments

samakaballer 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
One 15inch l7 kicker, or 2 15" kicker cvrs

That is the question... I have a biggg trunk, it's a crown vic... i only want something that'll match up wiht my 1000 watt rms amp for now... if i get 1 square i'll be able to get another amp and just 1 more sub later ifi wanna upgrade to louder... if i wanna upgrade the cvrs ima need 2 of them bi*ches and an amp....... but will 2 kicker cvrs have more sound even though it'll equal the same power.. if i get the 1 kicker square i'm going to build my own box to the specs of the sub which is a lot bigger box then i see them trying to sell on ebay for squares i believe...

55 comments for "One 15inch l7 kicker, or 2 15" kicker cvrs"

06-13-2007, 07:13 PM         #2
SKINNI  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
More Surface Area Out Of The Cvr' S. Theyre Going To Be Louder Than The 1 L7. If Ur Going For Future Upgrades Though I Would Go With The L7 As Long As U Power It Proper, Do A Proper Enclosure, & Do Ur Power Upgrades
 06-13-2007, 07:27 PM         #3
samakaballer  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SKINNI said:
More Surface Area Out Of The Cvr' S. Theyre Going To Be Louder Than The 1 L7. If Ur Going For Future Upgrades Though I Would Go With The L7 As Long As U Power It Proper, Do A Proper Enclosure, & Do Ur Power Upgrades
Damn... I bet it's not that much of a difference though.. Yeah man im not gonna up the system till a while later jus tthinking ahead.. I think im just gonna get that 1 square i dont think the difference in sound will be that much wiht the 2 cvrs..
 06-13-2007, 07:42 PM         #4
Nelson  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yeah i was thinking about doing a 15 or 18 l7 because id have the space for one properly ported sub in the back after removin my back seats....now im thinking about getting 2 12's later.....

gonna build my enclosure and slot in my current mtx's but will unload them and buy something to replace them, prolly the fusion NV sw12's they do 1000rms each and have pretty nice sq..... if i see some type r's going for a good price ill cop them tho
 06-13-2007, 07:51 PM         #5
SKINNI  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Type R' S Always Go For A Good Deal. I Dont Own Them But I Cosign For Them Being Great Daily Subs For Sq & Spl. Nice Blend Of Both & Very Affordable
 06-13-2007, 09:04 PM         #6
samakaballer  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
do u guys think 1 15" l7 is gonna beat pretty hard? I'm going to build the box myself, a sealed one to the exact specs of the sub... I dont trust the one's they sell on ebay and sh*t, they dont look like they're the right cubic feet and sh*t, like a little 2 small...
 06-13-2007, 09:37 PM         #7
SKINNI  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yea It Will But It Will Be Alot Louder Ported. I Ran 1 L7 15 In My Magnum, My Avalanch, Tahoe, & Malibu. Ported In The Malibu & Tahoe. Small Ported In The Malibu Was Decent But Large Ported In The Tahoe Was Alot Better. Then I Went With 2 Ported In The Tahoe Which Wasnt Much Better Due To Way Underpowering Them & Loss Of Airspace. Went Large Sealed In The Avalanch Which I Didnt Like At All & Small Sealed In The Magnum Which Was Nice. Im A Big Fan Of Them. The Sq Isnt Top Shelf But Small Sealed Sounds Pretty Good But U Sacrifice Spl. I Had A Decent Blend In The Magnum But The Spl Just Didnt Cut It. I Was Limited Due To The Custom Install Though
 10 years ago '06        #8
-Phase One- 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,511 | Props total: 258 258
Both will be loud none the less, when both installed properly. You'll have more output with the 2 CVR's.

The CVR's will sound good in both sealed and ported. I never liked L5's/L7's in sealed, they don't sound right. They're more ported enclosure subs.
 10 years ago '04        #9
JayR04 112 heat pts112
space
space
$10,945 | Props total: 5706 5706
i blew a cvr b4. i hear tha l7s can take a lot of power. i'd get tha l7.
 06-14-2007, 11:57 AM         #10
samakaballer  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 -Phase One- said:
Both will be loud none the less, when both installed properly. You'll have more output with the 2 CVR's.

The CVR's will sound good in both sealed and ported. I never liked L5's/L7's in sealed, they don't sound right. They're more ported enclosure subs.
damn, im building a sealed box for it... why doesn't it sound right in a sealed box??? I might just build the sealed box and then get a custom ported box made at a local audio shop later... i had my old 12" cvrs in a ported box yeah it had more spl... but they still knocked hard in the sealed.. man idk, i'm gonna mess around with it, put it in a sealed box though first... im gonna look up the specs for the space it needs in a sealed box so i can s tart building it soon.

Last edited by samakaballer; 06-14-2007 at 12:00 PM..
 06-14-2007, 12:07 PM         #11
GhosT  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
you'd notice a pretty descent size differenc e between the 2 cvr's and the 1 l7. the cvr's will be noticable louder. especially if installed and powered right. if you want to upgrade later, then the l7 or even something totaly different would be better, but if you want loud NOW, then the 2 cvr's will give you quite a bit more output
one
GhosT
 06-14-2007, 04:53 PM         #12
SKINNI  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^yep What I Said
 10 years ago '06        #13
-Phase One- 1 heat pts
space
space
 samakaballer said:
damn, im building a sealed box for it... why doesn't it sound right in a sealed box??? I might just build the sealed box and then get a custom ported box made at a local audio shop later... i had my old 12" cvrs in a ported box yeah it had more spl... but they still knocked hard in the sealed.. man idk, i'm gonna mess around with it, put it in a sealed box though first... im gonna look up the specs for the space it needs in a sealed box so i can s tart building it soon.
They don't get that loud in sealed enclosures. Ask any one who owns/owned an L5/L7, and they'll tell you to port it.

I don't think you'd be satisfied with 1 L7 in a sealed enclosure.
 06-14-2007, 08:46 PM         #14
SKINNI  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I Dam Sure Wasnt. If U Want To Go Sealed Ud Be Better Off Buying A Cheaper Sub
 10 years ago '06        #15
-Phase One- 1 heat pts
space
space
Honeslty, I'd just go with the 2 15" CVR's, if you're going to go sealed. You'd be more satisified in the end.
 06-14-2007, 11:00 PM         #16
samakaballer  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
damn... how BAd are they in a sealed box.???? coudln't be less loud then the 2 12" cvrs i had... plus im always hearing bad thigns about cvrs how they're just about the cheapest made kicker subs and sh*t..i want my subs to last a little while, my 2 12" cvrs got messed up with just an extra 100 watts then recommended... and im always hearing about ppl messing up cvrs , i dont wanna have to buy a new set every 2-4 months...
 06-14-2007, 11:25 PM         #17
samakaballer  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
damn... well i guess i'm going to order the 2 15" cvrs i hope I dont fu*k them up fast like the 12's
 10 years ago '06        #18
-Phase One- 1 heat pts
space
space
I've had my 2 CVR's for about 3 years now. Never had any problems with them, even tho I am under powering them a little, but I've never heard any one mess up CVR's. It's probably because they're not being installed properly. CVR's are good solid subs for the price. Of course L5's/L7's are better, but they don't sound like they're suppose to in sealed. Port them and they'll really shine.

If you really want the L7, then go for it. Stick it in a sealed enclosure and see how you like it. I'd recommend making a ported enclosure anyways just to test them both out to see what you like best.
 06-15-2007, 11:15 AM         #19
Cartel  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 samakaballer said:
That is the question... I have a biggg trunk, it's a crown vic... i only want something that'll match up wiht my 1000 watt rms amp for now... if i get 1 square i'll be able to get another amp and just 1 more sub later ifi wanna upgrade to louder... if i wanna upgrade the cvrs ima need 2 of them bi*ches and an amp....... but will 2 kicker cvrs have more sound even though it'll equal the same power.. if i get the 1 kicker square i'm going to build my own box to the specs of the sub which is a lot bigger box then i see them trying to sell on ebay for squares i believe...
i would go with the L7 but get a stronger amp get the kicker 06kx1500.1 i think is the model number .. it will run that L7 proper like and u can bridge it and run 2 15 L7's on it if you wanna add a sub later .. you cant go wrong with it .. 2 l7 your gonna be thumping .. i got 2 12 inch l5's in my impala right now running off a 1200 rms wat amp and them bi*ches beat the walls down lol
 10 years ago '06        #20
-Phase One- 1 heat pts
space
space
 Cartel said:
i would go with the L7 but get a stronger amp get the kicker 06kx1500.1 i think is the model number .. it will run that L7 proper like and u can bridge it and run 2 15 L7's on it if you wanna add a sub later .. you cant go wrong with it .. 2 l7 your gonna be thumping .. i got 2 12 inch l5's in my impala right now running off a 1200 rms wat amp and them bi*ches beat the walls down lol
You can't bridge mono amps.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
52 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
270 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
112 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - Alien Spacecraft Discovered? Scientists believe so
27 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
70 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
48 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
11 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake prepping new LP with another new accent
80 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy