Jun 12 - 50 Cent's Album May Never Come Out

most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
23 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
81 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Pierre Bourne says he's responsible for Birthing Tekashi 69 Rap Career...
64 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LONZO BALL FULL HIGHLIGHTS DEBUT GAME IN NY GOES OFF FROM 3 POINT LAND :mj..
21 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #61
KingOfVA  OP
space
space
$975 | Props total: 0 0
good comments...keep this thread going!
 10 years ago '05        #62
BurninLz 31 heat pts31
space
space
$10,312 | Props total: 867 867
 KingOfVA said:

Music industry insiders were shocked a few weeks ago when Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson announced that the release of his third studio album Curtis would be pushed back three months. The official explanation for the delay was that it was a "necessary course of action ... to ensure the album's simultaneous worldwide release."

But one of the insiders at Interscope Records exposed the real deal on what happened. According to the insider, record company execs want 50 Cent to re-record at least five new tracks for the album. The insider explains, "The public didn't respond well to the first two singles [Amusement Park and Straight to the Bank] and people here got freaked out ... [One top executive] wants to make sure that there's at least one hit on the album. And he wasn't convinced by what he heard."

There's one big problem with this idea though. 50 Cent is refusing to do any more tracks unless Interscope coughs up significantly more money. The insider tells, "In [50]'s mind he's done with Curtis and he's moved on to [his next album] - which happens to be his last under contract [with Interscope]." Our snitch continues, "He's asking for an additional seven figures just to get him back in the studio."

And it looks like a showdown is brewing between 50 Cent and his record label. "Right now everyone's still trying to stay clam, but the lawyers are getting involved - and you know what that means ... If it were anyone else [besides 50 Cent], I'd say that this whole thing could be worked out. But right now, I can't even begin to predict what's going to happen with that album."

[pic - click to view]

HAHAHAHAHAH ya rite

this article honestly thinks 50 isnt calling the shots at interscope concerning his releases?

pleeease

06-13-2007, 11:46 PM         #63
thookie 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I wonder how many times this happens and nobody says nothing. There have tons of albums that have come out and the first and maybe second single was far less then what people expected. That is just what happens. Everybody has one bad album at some point after being on top. Hell Five Hundred Degrees was the worst album produced by cash money ever and look at Wayne now.
 10 years ago '07        #64
htownplaya 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,566 | Props total: 0 0
 J-R said:
yea but amusement park is doin kinda god it is like number 1 or 2 on bet but and i see it on mtc sometimes but i think straight 2 the bank is a better song
bet dont know sh*t c'mon they have lil mama on their countdown
 10 years ago '04        #65
Hood_Rich 7 heat pts
space
space
$15,690 | Props total: 435 435
typo's in the article...................

but the singles are wack tho, no buzz at all........G Unit is done fa real
 06-14-2007, 12:51 AM         #66
Mbrew457 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
he set with that vitamin water anyway after coke bought them up...sh*ts retarded who cares anymore
 06-14-2007, 01:00 AM         #67
Tagalog 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
a stunt for a free publicity damn
 10 years ago '05        #68
rippac4 
space
space
$14,133 | Props total: 1050 1050
 J-R said:
yea but amusement park is doin kinda god it is like number 1 or 2 on bet but and i see it on mtc sometimes but i think straight 2 the bank is a better song
it's BET sh*t Bow Wow has been #1 how many times, but it's 50 no matter what his album will outsell whoever when it drops anyway but this also happens to alot of artist but with 50 selling so many records for them he has a point
 06-14-2007, 01:12 AM         #69
mitemouse 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 K i n g R 926 said:
50 needs to put out the song with Akon.

Akon on any song now = great radio play.
he does, the song is called mama africa and its been on XM radio for a bit.. but i think its only going to be on Akons album..

but i think the money is what got to 50 cent.. he has about 400-500 million and now they want to pay him only a 500,000 to a 2 million for his album.. it seems like chump change to him at this point so he wont put any effort in to it..
 10 years ago '04        #70
XxC4xX 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,772 | Props total: 251 251
the beat and concept for amusement park is good its just that the way he did it was trash, if u gon make a song like that get somebody to sing on it like fab did with make me better, straight to the bank never should've been a single or on the album....that n*gga needs to go back and listen to his old self
 10 years ago '04        #71
8bit 2 heat pts
space
space
$123 | Props total: 0 0
He'll release it. I figure it'll cost them more money if he doesn't get paid the extra sum he's demanding.
 10 years ago '05        #72
PhrozenMenace 
space
space
$14,039 | Props total: 1403 1403
just like he wants to fire n*ggas for making garbage albums..dude just needs to stfu cuz his album might be garbage too..fuk you expect..special treatment ..50 got some hot tracks, thats about it..i never ride out a whole 50 cent cd..he doesn't have any classic albums..just hits..50 is a business man with his boring zombie sounding chorus on some of his songs
 10 years ago '04        #73
QBKinG 
space
space
$1,088 | Props total: 3 3
lets hope this album flops...then Curtis will fall under the same category of 'has been' artists such as Ja Rule and DMX. From the moment he signed with Shady I never liked this n*gga.

Last edited by QBKinG; 06-14-2007 at 03:18 AM..
 10 years ago '04        #74
KingOfVA  OP
space
space
$975 | Props total: 0 0
wow...
 06-14-2007, 11:13 AM         #75
rush0 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
we all knew this would happen when theres no one left do diss.
 10 years ago '07        #76
KingOnSlaught 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,222 | Props total: 12 12
.....its a beautiful day in the neighborhood
 10 years ago '06        #77
beantown 74 heat pts74
space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
This sounds like some bullsh*t to me.. why is the source calling their insider a snitch?? Doesn't sound official to me at all.
 06-14-2007, 11:29 AM         #78
Murph83 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Me myself, I dig Straight to the Bank & Amusement Park. 50 is my favorite rapper right now but I didn't plan on buying the album anyway.
 06-14-2007, 12:16 PM         #79
JFABULUZ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
50 needs to reinvent himself. His music all sounds the same, has the same flow. And people getting tired of seeing him with his shirt off, wearing do-rags, and female tank topss.
 10 years ago '07        #80
Escobar97 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,661 | Props total: 563 563
there is a god...
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
154 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc