Jun 12 - 50 Cent's Album May Never Come Out

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
25 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
89 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
80 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
205 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '04        #1
8889 pageviews
135 comments

KingOfVA 
space
space
$975 | Props total: 0 0
Jun 12 - 50 Cent's Album May Never Come Out

Music industry insiders were shocked a few weeks ago when Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson announced that the release of his third studio album Curtis would be pushed back three months. The official explanation for the delay was that it was a "necessary course of action ... to ensure the album's simultaneous worldwide release."

But one of the insiders at Interscope Records exposed the real deal on what happened. According to the insider, record company execs want 50 Cent to re-record at least five new tracks for the album. The insider explains, "The public didn't respond well to the first two singles [Amusement Park and Straight to the Bank] and people here got freaked out ... [One top executive] wants to make sure that there's at least one hit on the album. And he wasn't convinced by what he heard."

There's one big problem with this idea though. 50 Cent is refusing to do any more tracks unless Interscope coughs up significantly more money. The insider tells, "In [50]'s mind he's done with Curtis and he's moved on to [his next album] - which happens to be his last under contract [with Interscope]." Our snitch continues, "He's asking for an additional seven figures just to get him back in the studio."

And it looks like a showdown is brewing between 50 Cent and his record label. "Right now everyone's still trying to stay clam, but the lawyers are getting involved - and you know what that means ... If it were anyone else [besides 50 Cent], I'd say that this whole thing could be worked out. But right now, I can't even begin to predict what's going to happen with that album."

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

SOURCE

135 comments for "Jun 12 - 50 Cent's Album May Never Come Out"

11 years ago '05        #2
g-thang 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$326 | Props total: 149 149
lol 50 cent is going to keep it in court for some publicity then tell interscope its a hot album again
 11 years ago '05        #3
kaderg911 6 heat pts
space
space
$1,299 | Props total: 0 0
so....?
 11 years ago '04        #4
Hyper_Intel 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,938 | Props total: 89 89
Why is the source calling his source a SNITCH? WTF? Yo a.ss would have no news to report if it wasn't for the source dumbass!!!!

50 probably realized he has no controversy and that his songs don't hold any weight like before, they both suck! and he knows that. I don't hear them on the radio like Candyshop and Wanksta.
 06-12-2007, 11:26 PM         #5
jaywune1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Another publicity stunt dame 50 is the Queen of Drama
 11 years ago '04        #6
jumpman2304 25 heat pts25
space
space
$14,412 | Props total: 3919 3919
haha.

whatever. it will be out. its 50 cent.
 11 years ago '05        #7
DaveDeeSeaTown 
space
space
$465 | Props total: 33 33
Those singles are very wack and the album wouldn't do well on the strength of those singles. The record company is suprisingly right in this case.
 11 years ago '04        #8
SpittN4Cash 12 heat pts12
space
space
$9,392 | Props total: 593 593
50 cent has to fulfill his album obligations so he will finish the album, then put out a greatest hits and be done with it.
 11 years ago '06        #9
d4deesnuts 3 heat pts
space
space
$6,427 | Props total: 3137 3137
damn, i havn't heard any of fifty's songs. I think i heard straight to the bank once, and thats when it first came out.
 11 years ago '07        #10
killahkazi 15 heat pts15
space
space
$4,795 | Props total: 39 39
It dosn't bother me, 50 cent fell off anyway
 06-12-2007, 11:39 PM         #11
hydro187 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
thats gay as fu*k how 50 used a dipset beat for amusement park
 11 years ago '05        #12
mattdogg444 
space
space
$14,498 | Props total: 719 719
i dont believe this...
 06-12-2007, 11:44 PM         #13
vicjac1010 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The beat was meant for him first...
 11 years ago '07        #14
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,097 | Props total: 30475 30475
The rec execs have to know that the album is gonna do less sales than any of his other albums....

In this new climate.... how many cats' 3rd album sells more than his 1st? You oversaturate the market with albums, soundtracks, official mixtapes, street mixtapes, and "leaked" material.... the music buying public (what's left of it) is gonna get tired of you.

My advice to execs is to just keep dude happy.... there is something really wrong with that ni**a. Seriously, 50 would retire abruptly just to prove a point. Y'all know his a.ss would. They need to keep him happy so that he'll do singles with their up-and-coming whack artists.
 06-12-2007, 11:54 PM         #15
AlCapone 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i say he puts out the so called 'in da club pt.2' if he wants to create buzz
 11 years ago '04        #16
CentsCuZ 19 heat pts19
space
space
$11,002 | Props total: 771 771
This makes sense... cause I wasn't buying that whole, "We don't have enough CDs made to service the international audience" trash. Interscope is one of the largest record companies under one of the largest music conglomerates in the world (Universal)... and they're trying to have people believe that they can't produce a few million extra CDs for the international release over the course of more than a month and a half... riiiiiight...
 06-13-2007, 12:32 AM         #17
SAUCYSLIMM 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
amusement park is one of his worst songs ever, sh*t is trash.
 06-13-2007, 12:38 AM         #18
tinknep503 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 hydro187 said:
thats gay as fu*k how 50 used a dipset beat for amusement park
And Straight to the bank is a westcoast beat
 11 years ago '04        #19
Tha754kid 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,906 | Props total: 833 833
 Hyper_Intel said:
I don't hear them on the radio like Candyshop and Wanksta.
Mayne I heard Wanksta on the radio on my way home from work yesterday
 06-13-2007, 12:38 AM         #20
sneakerfreak 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
"Curtis" is going to flop!
Home      

most viewed right now
joie chavis
34 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
52 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
88 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Roseanne Revival Gets Premiere Date on ABC — Watch Season 10 Teaser
57 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Ashamed Of Pixel Sales, Google Begins Hiding Pixel Launcher Install Count In P..
4 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
94 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
110 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who are these washed up niggas next to Drake?
66 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy