The Official THE Ohio State University thread

most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
71 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
55 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
82 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
27 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10-25-2007, 11:41 AM         #81
headbussin101  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
just wanted to say we ridin the silver bullet train this year.

Go Bucks
 11-05-2007, 06:06 PM         #82
LethanD  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
looks like that game in late november is going to settle our postseason fate again. not overlooking illinois, but they don't have anything for us as long as Tress is our coach and The Zooker theirs. Michigan will be tough, as usual, though. their defense sets up well against our O, and their offense does the same -- and the game's in Ann Arbor. say what you want about them losing to Appy State and Oregon. they were embarrassing losses but those seniors came back for one reason this year -- to beat Ohio State. and they're going to play their best game of the season.
 10 years ago '05        #83
bootsy 
space
space
space
$1,838 | Props total: 591 591
 LethanD said:
looks like that game in late november is going to settle our postseason fate again. not overlooking illinois, but they don't have anything for us as long as Tress is our coach and The Zooker theirs. Michigan will be tough, as usual, though. their defense sets up well against our O, and their offense does the same -- and the game's in Ann Arbor. say what you want about them losing to Appy State and Oregon. they were embarrassing losses but those seniors came back for one reason this year -- to beat Ohio State. and they're going to play their best game of the season.
Yeah they will but we will too because of what is at stake: a national championship berth. This team has been hungry all season to avenge that Florida loss and they will be ready to win that game.
 12-06-2007, 04:12 AM         #84
LethanD  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
looks like i as worng on both accounts: illinois got us and michigan played like a middle school team. guess i'mma have to drown my sorrows in New Orleans, i guess... LOL
 10 years ago '05        #85
booker20 
space
space
$10,293 | Props total: 0 0
so what u ya'll think about Pryor making WVU and Oregon his favorites?
 10 years ago '06        #86
titanreese 13 heat pts13
space
space
$12,535 | Props total: 1036 1036
What ever happened to ..... Class of 2004-2006

Ask and Ye shall receive.

A conversation that started in The Horseshoe Lounge got us thinking, what ever happened to some of the players from recent Jim Tressel recruiting classes who ended up leaving Ohio State to finish their college experience.

Four-star prospect Chad Hoobler played three positions before leaving OSU.
Our search revealed nine players who signed letters of intent to be Buckeyes in the past three classes and ended up leaving the program.

That number equals the amount of players from the infamous class of 2003 who ended up going elsewhere, but for starters let's take a look at classes 2004-06.

Recruiting class of 2006

Three-star prospects:

• No. 28 wDE Walter Dublin (Sarasota, Fla.) ***
Dublin suffered an ankle injury in fall camp in 2006 and it cost him any chance at seeing the field during his rookie year. After the season he decided to leave OSU, reportedly because he wanted to move closer to his home in Florida. There seemed to be more too it, however, as Dublin never felt comfortable at OSU. There may have been some off-the-field issues involved, or maybe he panicked over not seeing the field right away. Whatever the reason, we heard Dublin eventually made his way to UMass. He did not play this year but could be in contention for a starting spot next season.

Recruiting class of 2005

Four-star prospects:

• No. 6 QB Rob Schoenhoft (Cincinnati St. Xavier) ****
As an Elite 11 quarterback, Schoenhoft had a lot of offers on the table, but he chose to stay in-state and become a Buckeye. He redshirted in 2005 and directed the scout team offense. As the third string quarterback in 2006, he played in two games and completed his only pass of the season. He participated in OSU's quarterback battle this past spring, but never had the chance to overtake Todd Boeckman. After playing very sparingly this fall, and only in mop-up duty, Schoenhoft was demoted from backup quarterback to scout team tight end before the BCS National Championship game. As a result, he quickly decided after the season to transfer to the University of Delaware for a chance to compete for their starting quarterback job.

• No. 12 sDE Ryan Williams (Mission Viejo, Cal.) ****
Williams battled injuries from the moment he got to OSU and never had a chance to see the field, most notably a torn ACL suffered before the 2006 Fiesta Bowl. Williams felt the injury may have set him back so much that he might never see the field at Ohio State, so he chose to transfer back out to California to play for San Diego State. He sat out this past season, but should see the field in 2008 for the Aztecs, when his brother Ross Williams arrives as a freshman.

Former four-star quarterback Rob Schoenhoft is headed to Delaware.
Three-star prospects:

• No. 22 ATH Freddie Lenix (Cleveland Glenville) ***
Lenix signed a Letter of Intent to play for the Buckeyes in 2005, but he was denied admission to the university because of his academics. He enrolled in community college before signing with coach Mark Dantonio and Cincinnati as a JUCO transfer in their class of 2006, but never recorded a stat for the Bearcats because of academics.

Recruiting class of 2004

Four-star prospects:

• No. 3 TE Chad Hoobler (Carrollton) ****
When Hoobler got to Columbus, the Buckeyes already had Ryan Hamby, Rory Nicol and Marcel Frost at tight end. The staff decided to move Hoobler to linebacker, and he made two tackles in five games on special teams as a freshman. The staff decided to move him again, this time to defensive end, and as a result, Hoobler ended up leaving the program. He transferred to Ashland in 2006 and played in all 10 games, recording 37 tackles, including 20 solo stops and five tackles-for-loss. From what he have heard, Hoobler is still at Ashland and scheduled to graduate this year, but he is no longer playing football.

Three-star prospects:

• No. 23 RB Erik Haw (Independence) ***
Unfortunately for Haw, he entered the program in the same recruiting class as Antonio Pittman. As a result, Haw redshirted his first season and played in just four games in 2005, rushing for 61 yards and a touchdown on 14 carries. Those would end up being the only carries Haw would have as a Buckeye, however, as he chose to transfer to Jackson State before the 2006 season after the Buckeyes added Maurice Wells in '05 and Chris Wells in '06. In his first season at Jackson State, Haw led the team with nine rushing touchdowns and finished second on the team with 371 yards on the ground. In 2007, Haw played in 10 of the team's 12 games, but still managed to lead their rushing attack with 630 yards and seven touchdowns. He also had 11 catches for 73 yards.

Brandon Underwood was one of three players in this group to transfer to Cincinnati.
• No. 16 CB Brandon Underwood (Hamilton) ***
The younger brother of former Buckeye E.J. Underwood saw the field for the first time in 2005 when he made three tackles in his only game. He dealt with injuries and inconsistencies and coach Jim Tressel did not renew his scholarship, prompting Underwood to transfer to Cincinnati. He sat out this season for the transfer and should be eligible for another year of football next year for the Bearcats. We have heard he is currently recovering from health problems that may have caused him to lose some weight.

• No. 17 S Sirjo Welch (Beechcroft) ***
Welch showed good promise as a special teams player during his rookie season. He recorded 15 tackles, including 10 solo stops, and forced one fumble as a gunner on the kick coverage team. But Welch some off-the-field incidents, including academic problems. He was dismissed from the program and was originally rumored to be heading to Ashland, but actually transferred to Cincinnati, where he did not record a stat.

Two-star prospects:

• RB Dennis Kennedy (Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.) **
Kennedy was a late commitment to OSU, as the Florida back picked OSU over Wake Forest and UCF only a week before Signing Day. A week later he signed his National Letter of Intent to play for the Buckeyes, but the bottom dropped out for Kennedy when Tressel and his staff decided to pull his scholarship offer for academic reasons. According to Kennedy, the problem was actually the fault of high school, but it was too late. He enrolled at Akron that July and redshirted during the 2004 season. He finished second on the team in rushing a year later with 131 yards on 45 attempts. In 2006 he proved himself to be one of the better running back in the MAC, when he ran for 914 yards and nine touchdowns, while averaging 4.0 yards per carry. He also caught 39 passes for 129 yards. This past year, Kennedy struggled with injury problems and managed only 156 yards rushing in three starts.
 10 years ago '06        #87
titanreese 13 heat pts13
space
space
$12,535 | Props total: 1036 1036
Williams cant wait to sign

On Wednesday there will be some dramatic announcements taking place. However the majority of the prospects across the country have been committed for months. One of those players is Nathan Williams. The big time defensive end from Washington Court House is counting down the days until he can officially become a Buckeye.

Williams can't wait to get to Columbus.
Recently Williams took his official visit to campus. It was far from the first time that Williams made an appearance at the school, but it is always good to make the official trip to be wined and dined.

"There was lot's of food, and that's what I liked," Williams said with a laugh. "It seemed like we were eating every 20 minutes, it was good food and all for free, so I loved it. Other than the food part, it was pretty much the same. I've seen mostly everything. From the times I have been there from my sophomore year until now I have pretty much seen everything. I got to see the equipment room and that was pretty cool, but really it was pretty basic. I have a relationship with the coaches, so it was just a basic visit."

Williams has always been sure about OSU because of his love for the coaching staff, the program, and the tradition. One thing he isn't sure about, however, is what he will major in.

"I went to the Fisher Business College, and I honestly I didn't like it too much," explained Williams. "I am undecided right now on what I want to major in, but I know I want to do something with sports. Anything with sports, that is what interests me, so I am going to try and do (business) or communications."

When on his visit, Williams was joined by several players. Two of them will be making their decisions on Wednesday. Those players are none other than Brandon Harris and Orhian Johnson.

In terms of his role as an unofficial recruiter, Williams said, "They pretty much have the same aspirations that I do and all the other commits. We were talking and everything. They didn't make a big deal about it, but it was one of the first times they have seen Ohio State, and they liked what they saw."

Finally signing day will come for Williams on Wednesday. That day will be nearly nine and a half months from the time he issued his verbal commitment, and another four months before he gets to campus as a student.

"I'll be ecstatic, I will be thrilled," Williams said about officially signing with OSU. "Trust me; I have already thought about (signing), and every time I think about it I grin from ear to ear. I have just been dreaming about that moment for 18 years. Ever since I was old enough to realize Ohio State football and that I could possibly player there I have been thinking about it. I just can't wait."

Williams summed it up best when he simply said, "I just want to get to Ohio State as soon as possible, I just can't wait. I talked to a couple of guys and they joked that I can wait, but I can't wait to get there."
 02-04-2008, 04:49 PM         #88
backMJPIP2333  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
:applause: Welcome to the Family Keith Wells

Pryor
Jenkins
Harris

should be a interesting and nerve wrecking Signing Day
 02-05-2008, 05:06 PM         #89
Mcmasterlock  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Terrelle Pryor,come on down
 10 years ago '06        #90
young_jas 1 heat pts
space
space
$534 | Props total: 0 0
I was reading the scouts and Ohio State has the next big thing coming there way in a couple of years

If you watch this clip the last 45 seconds he puts on a show he his number 5 in the red jerseys ... he is playing against AJ Hawk old high school
 02-26-2008, 01:20 AM         #91
headbussin101  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
whats the word on pryor?
 10 years ago '05        #92
Y2Luda 5 heat pts
space
space
$4,926 | Props total: 26 26
 headbussin101 said:
whats the word on pryor?
As an Ohio State fan you have had little to worry about for months.
 10 years ago '05        #93
BadAzzYelloGirl 
space
space
$5,164 | Props total: 11 11
Ohio State Buckeyes will win the National Championship This Year.

They will win @USC to make a statement, period...Malcolm Jenkins, James Lil Animal, Mr. Freeman, Thad Gibson , Chris Wells >..............

Boeckman might be the weakest link, but as long as he not turning the ball over and hitting the long ball a couple times, Ohio State will win.

This season will be great and I'm not missing a game for nothing.
Go Buckeyes!
 10 years ago '04        #94
S|S 
space
space
$11,588 | Props total: 2 2
bumping this to the top of the section!

Terrelle Pryor > __________
 10 years ago '05        #95
BadAzzYelloGirl 
space
space
90 days to go.......
 05-31-2008, 12:08 PM         #96
specialk0744  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
OSU will dominate this year again, because they continue to get bluechip prospects....talent + coaching = wins
 9 years ago '07        #97
roeballer 
space
space
$236 | Props total: 4 4

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by roeballer; 06-23-2008 at 06:48 PM..
 9 years ago '04        #98
S|S 
space
space
$11,588 | Props total: 2 2
damn... i need some college football in my life. baseball is so fu*ken lame.
 9 years ago '05        #99
BadAzzYelloGirl 
space
space
Cant wait! Less than 2 months.......OSU better win a championship this year damnit!
 9 years ago '05        #100
randumb0 
space
space
$789 | Props total: 1 1
 BadAzzYelloGirl said:
Ohio State Buckeyes will win the National Championship This Year.

They will win @USC to make a statement, period...Malcolm Jenkins, James Lil Animal, Mr. Freeman, Thad Gibson , Chris Wells >..............

Boeckman might be the weakest link, but as long as he not turning the ball over and hitting the long ball a couple times, Ohio State will win.

This season will be great and I'm not missing a game for nothing.
Go Buckeyes!
A championship? You're joking right?
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
55 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
201 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Khaled pays homage to Wayne
80 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
58 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Hugh Jackman Clarifies Disney-Fox Merger & Wolverine Joining the Avenge..
23 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy