The Official THE Ohio State University thread

most viewed right now
NBA The Original Charlotte Hornets Logo
28 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Well Damn NEW VIDEO: (Preview/Snippet) Migos “Ice Tray” (Everyday Struggle)
75 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
96 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
91 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 07-29-2007, 02:14 PM         #41
Hurricane Ra  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
July 29, 2007

Kevin Noon
BuckeyeGrove.com

Talk about it in The Front Line
It was a whirlwind weekend for Miami (Fla.) linebacker prospect Etienne Sabino with a Midwestern trip that took the 6-foot-3, 228-pounder to the campuses of Notre Dame and Ohio State. After spending Thursday and Friday in South Bend (Ind.), Sabino got a chance to make a return visit to Columbus after making a trip last summer going into his junior season. What did the four star linebacker think about the trip this time around?

Etienne Sabino left Columbus very impressed with Ohio State and the new facilities.
"I really liked it," Sabino said. "It was fun and I really liked the new facilities. It was great to see all that stuff."

When Sabino was on campus last time around most of the renovation work at the Woody Hayes Athletic Center was incomplete.

"The Woody Hayes facility is like crazy, it is amazing," Sabino said.

Going into the trip Sabino wasn't really sure what to expect from a trip to Columbus, how did the visit rate this time around and did it surpass his expectations going in?

"I would say it was probably a little better than I expected," Sabino said. "I knew that everything was going to be nice, but I didn't think it was going to be that nice."

While on campus the Rivals100 linebacker had a chance to meet with the coaches and heard a lot of things that he liked.

"I talked with coach (Luke) Fickell and met with coach (Jim) Tressel," Sabino said." I got the same vibe (from talking to them before) from them and they kept it straightforward with me and said I look good for a spot there and said I would be good for the team. They never promised me anything but said that the opportunity was there."

Sabino also had the chance to meet with a couple of current linebackers as well as one of the top players on the offensive side of the ball.

"I met with Thad (Gibson), Chris Wells and Mark (Johnson)," Sabino said. "They were really cool and real down to earth."

Now after having two great trips in the past week, what will do that do to Sabino's decision making process?

"It is going to confuse me a little bit more," Sabino said. "I just kind of need to evaluate now and narrow down my choices."

Are the Buckeyes in line for one more visit in an official capacity?

"They are definitely a school that I am looking at," Sabino said. "I really enjoyed myself and I am going to consider them."

:D :D
 10 years ago '04        #42
madness 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
$13,021 | Props total: 2933 2933
damn if the buckeyes gets sabino that would be a steal outta miami's backyard
 07-29-2007, 02:26 PM         #43
Hurricane Ra  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Were so stacked at LB plus theres a few more MNW LBs were gonna take
 10 years ago '05        #44
Y2Luda 5 heat pts
space
space
$4,926 | Props total: 26 26
 UknowWhatItIs said:
pryor will go OSU i think
So do I, and there is good reason for you to think that. :D

madness said:
damn if the buckeyes gets sabino that would be a steal outta miami's backyard
1% chance of this happening unless he actually comes up for a visit and even then I'd keep the number around 10-15%.
 08-01-2007, 01:39 PM         #45
Hurricane Ra  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
July 31, 2007

Mike Farrell
Rivals.com Football Recruiting

Talk about it in The Horseshoe Lounge
Jeannette, Pa. quarterback Terrelle Pryor is the nation's No. 1 player and he has many suitors. Numerous programs from around the country are wooing Pryor with inventive recruiting pitches. And it's not only coaches recruiting the 6-foot-6, 220-pounder. Pryor recently spent some time with a fellow five-star prospect who could eventually be his teammate.

Pryor spent some time with a fellow five-star this past week.
"I went down to Orlando for an AAU tournament last week and I spent some time with Michael Brewster," said Pryor. "I was thinking about taking an unofficial visit to Florida while I was down there but we just hung out instead."

Brewster, from Orlando (Fla.) Edgewater, is the nation's top offensive lineman and a verbal commitment to Ohio State. Pryor first met Brewster on an unofficial visit to Columbus and the two hit it off.

"We had been texting and he'd been telling me how much he wanted me to join him at Ohio State but we never met," said Pryor. "When I went up to camp at Ohio State we got to know each other. When I knew I was going down to Orlando I told him I was going to be in the area and we got together.

"He and his family came to each of my AAU games which was a bit of a surprise. I guess they postponed their vacation a few days because I was coming down and so they could watch me play. It's flattering that not only Mike but his family would go out of their way for me."

Before leaving, Pryor spent some time at the Brewster household.

"We just hung out a bit, watched some TV and it was cool," he said. "Mike doesn't really talk too much about recruiting and either do I. We're just friends and we'd like to remain friends even if we don't go to the same school."

However, if it's up to Brewster, the duo will be heading to Ohio State together.

"He's a huge part of our class and I told him that I want to be the guy keeping defensive linemen off his back at Ohio State," he said. "Terrelle is a great kid and he's so humble for someone who is so good at both football and basketball and he's the kind of guy I want to play with. I've told him, and so has J.B. Shugarts and Mike Adams that if he becomes a Buckeye that no one will lay a glove on him."

At first, Brewster would give Pryor a sales pitch. Now it's more friendly.

"When I first met Terrelle I was all serious and it was all about selling him on Ohio State," said Brewster. "But after we got to know each other, it's now just a couple of friends talking. He knows how I feel and we don't really talk about recruiting that much. I'll throw in a comment here and there about how good he'd look in OSU colors, but it's become a tight friendship now. He's a great kid."

Brewster would love to block for Pryor at OSU.
While most feel that Ohio State is the team to beat for Pryor, the talented quarterback is nowhere close to a decision. He recently took an unofficial visit to West Virginia while at the school for yet another AAU tournament.

"I got to speak to coach Rodriguez and some of the other coaches and took a look around," he said. "That offense is a natural fit for me because it's spread out and they let Pat White do a lot of things with his feet and his arm. It's also close to home if I want to stay around here so that could be an advantage.

"I'm going to narrow my list down to about 5 or 6 schools sometime in August and I'm not sure but I think West Virginia will be in there. I know Ohio State will be there because I want to take an official visit back there. I'm not sure where else I want to go though. I don't think I'll be able to take any more unofficial visits this summer so my next trip could be an official."

Pryor rushed for 1,676 yards and 29 scores as a junior while passing for 1,732 yards and 15 more touchdowns. On defense he had 11 interceptions. He is also one of the nation's top basketball prospects and is currently ranked No. 29 in the country.

Mike Farrell is the National Recruiting Analyst for Rivals.com. He can be reached at .

Pryor is OSU to lose and it looks like the Recruits are putting the full court press on.
 10 years ago '05        #46
booker20 
space
space
$10,293 | Props total: 0 0
 E1999Eternal said:
looking good for '08........

Typically slower to sign recruits than some schools, the Buckeyes already nailed down eight players, including three offensive linemen considered among the best in the nation. Last week, after watching the Buckeyes at their spring game, 305-pound Michael Brewster of Orlando, Fla., and 299-pound J.B Shugarts of Klein, Texas, joined previous commitment Mike Adams, a 308-pounder from Dublin, Ohio.

Ohio State remains in the mix for linemen Josh Jenkins of West Virginia and Kyle Long of Virginia.

"If they pull those guys, it could go down as maybe one of the best offensive line classes we've ever seen," said national recruiting analyst Jeremy Crabtree of rivals.com.

Rivals has Brewster ranked as the top line recruit in the country and also lists Shugarts and linebacker/running back Devoe Torrence, who recently transferred from Canton South to Massillon Washington, among the top 100 players in the class of 2008.

A year ago at this time, the Buckeyes had only one commitment, Nate Oliver of St. Edward. But the friendships established between some of the recruits created a domino effect of early decisions. In the Rivals' top 100, 33 players committed so far, and six schools claimed at least three of those players: Oklahoma, Georgia, Texas, Nebraska, UCLA and Ohio State.

"Ohio State definitely set out to get the best of the best," Crabtree said.

A top prize still on the Buckeyes' radar is quarterback Terrelle Pryor of Jeannette, Pa. The 6-6, 220-pounder is the top player in the class according to Rivals, and he is drawing interest from everyone. Crabtree believes Pryor is a long way from making a choice, but building a wall of linemen to protect him isn't a bad way to draw his interest.
you do kno Long is an FSU baseball committ and is think about being a two sport star but its baseball on top...
 10 years ago '04        #47
1000bluntz 
space
space
$17,326 | Props total: 11367 11367
Here go the definition of a OSU fan:

[pic - click to view]

10 years ago '05        #48
Y2Luda 5 heat pts
space
space
 booker20 said:
you do kno Long is an FSU baseball committ and is think about being a two sport star but its baseball on top...
This is what I know.

As long as baseball is his "first choice" then FSU is where he will reside. From what I'm hearing about how he's doing this summer baseball is WAY out in front.

If football were to somehow make it as his #1 option (before signing day) he'll be a Buckeye. I have gotten that from more than one source.

FWIW of course.

(oh and thanks Rakim)
 10 years ago '05        #49
BadAzzYelloGirl 
space
space
$5,164 | Props total: 11 11
Go Bucks!

less than a month to go!!!!!!

When is Pryor deciding??

I would love to Ohio State vs. West Virginia this year.

O H!
 10 years ago '05        #50
Y2Luda 5 heat pts
space
space
 BadAzzYelloGirl said:
Go Bucks!

less than a month to go!!!!!!

When is Pryor deciding??

I would love to Ohio State vs. West Virginia this year.

O H!
Pryor himself has said he will be a signing day decision. I personally don't think he will be.
 10 years ago '05        #51
BadAzzYelloGirl 
space
space
$5,164 | Props total: 11 11
Go Buckeyes!
 08-25-2007, 01:21 PM         #52
-Scar-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
So....

Heard an interesting lil story from an Ohio State alumni that regularly travels and goes to tha bucks games........

he has all the access....

he can go in the locker rooms....he talks to the players...he gets autographs.....he's got pics.......dude's legit......

Told me a VERY interesting story about the night y'all lost the BCS to Florida........shortly before the game started......an off field incident happened that might've been a key factor in y'all losin.......

care to hear?
 10 years ago '04        #53
madness 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
 Simba said:
So....

Heard an interesting lil story from an Ohio State alumni that regularly travels and goes to tha bucks games........

he has all the access....

he can go in the locker rooms....he talks to the players...he gets autographs.....he's got pics.......dude's legit......

Told me a VERY interesting story about the night y'all lost the BCS to Florida........shortly before the game started......an off field incident happened that might've been a key factor in y'all losin.......

care to hear?
not a buckeye fan, but spill them beans
 08-25-2007, 02:07 PM         #54
-Scar-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Okay....

he says shortly before the game started he was approachin the locker room....as he got there Tressel walks out lookin like something is really wrong......he asks Jim what's wrong and he replied there was a f!ght in the locker room and it's not good......

well my dude goes in the locker room to inquire a lil more.....

well apparently Troy Smith and Anthony Gonzales got into a scuffle which also included 2 lineman that where cool with gonzales...

the issue you ask?....

Anthony found out that Troy had fu*ked his chick that was his fiancee the night before......they were good friends but that was too much......

they get in a bit of a tussle which gets the linemen involved that are more cool with gonzales......

well.....watch a tape of the game.......the linemen checked out the game before it even started......they LET troy get waxed out there.....

and if you notice troy only threw the ball anthony's way once the whole game......

guess they figured fu*k it.......

I knew that florida d-line didn't look THAT FAST all year.....

makes sense to me and like I said this comes from a VERY RELIABLE SOURCE....

figured I'd share it......

and y'all know I could care less since it ain't my team
 10 years ago '04        #55
madness 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
 Simba said:
Okay....

he says shortly before the game started he was approachin the locker room....as he got there Tressel walks out lookin like something is really wrong......he asks Jim what's wrong and he replied there was a f!ght in the locker room and it's not good......

well my dude goes in the locker room to inquire a lil more.....

well apparently Troy Smith and Anthony Gonzales got into a scuffle which also included 2 lineman that where cool with gonzales...

the issue you ask?....

Anthony found out that Troy had fu*ked his chick that was his fiancee the night before......they were good friends but that was too much......

they get in a bit of a tussle which gets the linemen involved that are more cool with gonzales......

well.....watch a tape of the game.......the linemen checked out the game before it even started......they LET troy get waxed out there.....

and if you notice troy only threw the ball anthony's way once the whole game......

guess they figured fu*k it.......

I knew that florida d-line didn't look THAT FAST all year.....

makes sense to me and like I said this comes from a VERY RELIABLE SOURCE....

figured I'd share it......

and y'all know I could care less since it ain't my team
damn, if its true thats rough
but the loss of ginn on the opening play didnt help matters much either
 08-25-2007, 03:18 PM         #56
-Scar-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Oh definitely......

In fact it added insult as well as irony....
 10 years ago '05        #57
Y2Luda 5 heat pts
space
space
There WAS an issue but not for that reason.
 10 years ago '04        #58
madness 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
so boeckman's starting for yall? he any good?
 10 years ago '05        #59
BoSox84 
space
space
$21,183 | Props total: 26 26
That would be some dumb sh*t to go throwing away that national championship for that lame sh*t
 08-29-2007, 01:09 PM         #60
-Scar-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Y2Luda said:
There WAS an issue but not for that reason.
please enlighten me then to your version.....

the guy I know is a great reference....

I just wanna hear what you say....
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
52 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
270 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
112 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - Alien Spacecraft Discovered? Scientists believe so
27 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
70 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
48 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
11 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake prepping new LP with another new accent
80 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy