When Popeyes runs out of chicken
36 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
76 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside George Zimmerman threatens to beat hov up over Trayvon Martin documen..
113 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Minnesota with lime green uniforms tonight -- yay or nay?
22 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 06-12-2007, 05:59 PM         #1
8766 pageviews
110 comments

LethanD 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
THE Ohio State University Thread

We own Michigan! And I've got the receipts to prove it.

Football Schedule
Game Date Time (EST) Network Buckeyes Opponent

Youngstown State
Home
9/1/2007

Akron
Home 9/8/2007

Washington
Away
9/15/2007 3:30 pm

Northwestern
Home 9/22/2007

Minnesota
Away 9/29/2007 8 pm

Purdue
Away 10/6/2007 8 pm

Kent State
Home 10/13/2007

Michigan State
Home 10/20/2007 3:30 pm ABC

Penn State
Away 10/27/2007 8 pm

Wisconsin
Home 11/3/2007

Illinois
Home 11/10/2007

Michigan
Away 11/17/2007

Last edited by LethanD; 06-13-2007 at 12:08 AM..

110 comments for "The Official THE Ohio State University thread"

11 years ago '05        #2
Y2Luda 5 heat pts
space
space
$4,926 | Props total: 26 26
Expect Garret Goebel to verbal soon........
 10 years ago '04        #3
UknowWhatItIs 
space
space
$8,675 | Props total: 7 7
not hatin but that shedule is weak as fuk
 10 years ago '05        #4
Y2Luda 5 heat pts
space
space
 UknowWhatItIs said:
not hatin but that shedule is weak as fuk
Considering we just got done with one of the bigger OOC home and homes in awhile, you'll have to excuse us.

Also, considering we have USC in '08 and '09 (not to mention Miami, Virginia Tech, Cal, and Oklahoma in future years) you'll REALLY have to excuse us.
 10 years ago '04        #5
UknowWhatItIs 
space
space
 Y2Luda said:
Considering we just got done with one of the bigger OOC home and homes in awhile, you'll have to excuse us.

Also, considering we have USC in '08 and '09 (not to mention Miami, Virginia Tech, Cal, and Oklahoma in future years) you'll REALLY have to excuse us.
i aint seen this n*gga since the Cherokee Bush Hunters thread

damn that USC home and home should be nice
 10 years ago '05        #6
Y2Luda 5 heat pts
space
space
 UknowWhatItIs said:
i aint seen this n*gga since the Cherokee Bush Hunters thread

damn that USC home and home should be nice

You are right though, this years is weak until Week 9, then it gets a bit rough.
 10 years ago '04        #7
UknowWhatItIs 
space
space
whats OSU lookin like this year??

i know they lost smith, ginn gonzalez (pittman?)
 10 years ago '05        #8
Y2Luda 5 heat pts
space
space
 UknowWhatItIs said:
whats OSU lookin like this year??

i know they lost smith, ginn gonzalez (pittman?)
Yeah they lost Pittman.

I'll start with the good:

LB's. Should be a Top 3 unit in the nation behind USC and Virginia Tech. We return James Laurinitis at MLB, Marcus Freeman at WLB, and Larry Grant at SLB. The first two played quite a bit last year. Grant was a 5* JUCO LB and needed last year to adjust to the playbook, all spring accounts are that he has been VERY impressive.

Secondary. Malcolm Jenkins is an All American canidate at CB. Donald Washington moves from nickel back to the other CB position. Anderson Russel returns from his ACL injury from last year to take over the FS spot (we missed him a TON after he went down) and the SS will be manned by either Russels replacement last year Jamario O'Neal or Kurt Coleman (who is said to be ripping it up and giving O'Neal a run for the money.)

OL: Return 3 starters which include both tackles. Alex Boone and Kirk Barton will be 2 of the top 5 tackles in the Big 10. The biggest question mark will be the center position as a sophmore, Jim Cordle, takes over and Buckeys are used to greatness at the position Bentley, Mangold, Datish, etc.....

RB: Beanie Wells should be the focal point of the offense. I'm expecting 1500 or more yards out of him this year. Big and fast (was the #1 recruit by Scout when he came out of HS).

The Questions

DLine: I'll start by saying Ohio State will have the best pair, actually trio, of DE's in the Big 10. The DT's are the question mark. Ohio State lost the Top 3 DT's and are inexperienced in playing time and time on campus.

QB: 3 player race and non will "wow' you. Boeckman looks to be the starter due to him being in the program for 5 years (greyshirt, redshirt, freshman, sophmore, and now a junior). Henton is the X-factor. He's a freshman but has the mobility and wow factor.....but makes freshman mistakes.

WR: We lost Ginn, Gonzo, and Roy Hall all to the NFL Draft. Robiskie is proven but behind him it's not. Hartline can stretch the field and Small is supposed to replace Ginn (and should do a "decent" job at that). Luckiliy teams will focus on the run with Wells and they should prove to be decent.

So overall....I expect a Top 10 defense and an run/ball control offense. The special teams return both the kicker and punter and that is HUGE when it comes to Tressel.

We should be 8-0 heading into a 4 game stretch that includes: @ Penn State, Wisconsin, and @ Michigan.

I have us going 10-2 because I dont see us losing all 3 games at the end.
 06-18-2007, 06:08 PM         #9
LethanD  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ummm.... yeah. what he said

rumblings from the coaches say that henton could be the tru x-factor.. IF he can get himself ready to play by the fall, this could be a national championship contender as he's reparted to be "special" (their words, not mine)... i'll believe that when i see it though, but have heard he's coming along nicely -- so we'll see.

three more "special" players on the defensive line have them thinking great things about the defense. gholston, worthington (yes, worthington) and wilson are seen to be guys capable of wreaking all kinds of hell on opposing offenses. the linebacking crew is as good as you can ask, and the secondary is loaded with talent and some good experience throughout. they'll also be helped by the front seven's ability to shut down the run games and make teams one-dimensional -- something last year's defense proved incapable of doing.

overall, the recruiting we've been doing over the past years -- especially on the d-line and secondary -- is going to show osu more athletic and dynamic on defense this year. we were young and talented last year, but this year will show that talent with more experience and not as many breakdowns and schematic limitations.

on offense, it's going to be tressel-ball all day long (ball control, great special teams, and field position) until a playmaker (henton?) can step up at qb. we'll will have a good two-back rotation until one of the pups breaks through -- and chris wells should be a monster. so as long as we avoid turnovers and make teams have to drive 70+ yards on what will be one of the top 3 defenses in the country for their points, ohio state should be
sitting pretty until the REAL tests of our strength come late-season in the form of the classic veteran-laden, well-coached, ball-control, grind-it-out, Big Ten heavyweights in Penn State, Wisconsin, and Michigan.

it's going to be an exciting year, as those three are going to be very good by the time we play them.
 06-18-2007, 06:15 PM         #10
Hurricane Ra  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Im excited to see Chris Wells more this year. Kids a beast
 06-18-2007, 06:30 PM         #11
LethanD  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yeah, wells is a monster.. and if he can avoid injuries he should be one of the best backs in the country by the end of the year. i'd be surprised if he doesn't have at least one 200-yard game this year..

Last edited by LethanD; 06-18-2007 at 06:32 PM..
 10 years ago '04        #12
madness 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
$13,024 | Props total: 2972 2972
can wells shoulder the huge load all year long? tressel ball means 25+ touches per game, yall think he up to the challenge?

and the fiesta bowl showed a lack of offensive weapons...and there's no more smith, ginn, pittman, or gonzalez....so who's gonna be expected to step up and strike fear in opponents? like the player teams have to account for at all times while on the field?
 06-18-2007, 10:41 PM         #13
LethanD  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
can wells shoulder the huge load all year long? tressel ball means 25+ touches per game, yall think he up to the challenge?

and the fiesta bowl showed a lack of offensive weapons...and there's no more smith, ginn, pittman, or gonzalez....so who's gonna be expected to step up and strike fear in opponents? like the player teams have to account for at all times while on the field?
wells is every bit of 6-2, 235-240 and raced pitt 60-yards last year during bowl practice for $100 and tied him. and pitt is considered FAST. that said, wells has had fumbling problems throughout his short career and if he can get that under control, then he can definitely handle 25-30 carries by the end of the year (when we need him the most). and not only will he be able to handle it, he's potentially one of those guys who punishes tacklers more and more as the game wears on.

i think the fiesta bowl didn't show that we didn;t have weapons, but it did show that osu -- if they were truly lacking anything -- was lacking athletic enough lineman to block quick d-ends. but what we lack in athleticism, we make up for in size and strength (we've got one of the biggest lines in the country), and them coming down hill with wells behind them is what has buckeye fans most excited about the offense -- which is why i'd be surprised if he doesn't have a 200-yard game next year.

our best team was in 2002 when we had an amazing d-line and defense, all-america kickers, and maurice clarett running behind a massive o-line -- and maurice was a BEAST... the 2007 edition will have a reliable big receiver in robiskie to move the chains when it has to, but this season will be about the little things at osu -- like it was in '02: toughness, ball-control, the kicking game, smarts, and hopefully a little luck along the way. we'll be back to being ohio state, instead of trying to play out of the shotgun to win our quarterback a heisman. there will be a lot of close games, and who knows how it will all turn out, but i wouldn't want to play us in a bowl game THIS year, cuz this team will be tough as nails and battle tested -- unlike last years overrated and untested squad.
 06-19-2007, 02:02 AM         #14
Hurricane Ra  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Good thing for you guys is you guys should run threw everyone up in till PSU.. So you can get your QB situation right and every thing before the tough stretch.. Who's the back of Wells if he went down?
 06-19-2007, 02:53 AM         #15
LethanD  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
maurice wells is a 5-8 190 lb junior who has a lot of speed but hasn't shown much at ohio state so far.. but hasn't gotten many carries either. he showed SOME flashes last year, but didn't really see the field much to be honest.. so if anything, he should be fresh and a decent change of pace for wells.
 10 years ago '05        #16
Y2Luda 5 heat pts
space
space
Maurice Wells is rumored to be up to close to 200 pounds now. Also I think Brandon Saine (incoming freshman) will get some carries.
 10 years ago '05        #17
Y2Luda 5 heat pts
space
space
dublin, garnier, and underwood are all off the team (garnier is the only non-schollie player).
 06-19-2007, 04:55 PM         #18
LethanD  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
shame about garnier -- kid has had a tough life but hopefully will end it at umass with a degree.

where do you get your info Y2Luda?
 10 years ago '05        #19
Y2Luda 5 heat pts
space
space
 LethanD said:
shame about garnier -- kid has had a tough life but hopefully will end it at umass with a degree.

where do you get your info Y2Luda?
Quite a few places....Bucknuts, Scout Ohio State Site, BuckeeyePlanet, BigTenFever, The Dispatch, various friends on IM, etc.

You?

Oh and expect one more transfer......

Last edited by Y2Luda; 06-19-2007 at 06:34 PM..
 06-19-2007, 09:19 PM         #20
LethanD  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Quite a few places....Bucknuts, Scout Ohio State Site, BuckeeyePlanet, BigTenFever, The Dispatch, various friends on IM, etc.

You?

Oh and expect one more transfer......
the sites i visit are scout and bucknuts mostly.. i'm a mod on bucknuts but that's really cuz they wanted to encourage me to keep posting for them. i helped them out when they were stuggling back in december and january with some info, and am now like a "non-insider insider" (they don't pay me)..

besides that i've been fortunate to know quite a few players over the past 5 years, and now have some coach friends who are getting tighter and tighter with the staff as time goes by.
Home      

most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
70 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
195 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
78 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
pocaahantus
25 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
80 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
77 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Did This NBA Announcer Stole Boxden Lingo?
34 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Dec 15 - California Warns People to Limit Exposure to Cellphones
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy