Did MTV buy out BET?

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
32 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
57 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
229 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
audio inside Jeezy - Pressure (Official Album Anticipation/Discussion Thread) 12/15
238 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '06        #1
7349 pageviews
23 comments

soso24 52 heat pts52
space
space
$3,630 | Props total: 4958 4958
Did MTV buy out BET?

I'm hearin' a rumor about.

23 comments for "Did MTV buy out BET?"

11 years ago '06        #2
SaTown's Finest 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,661 | Props total: 590 590
I was thinking the same, because I thought that show College Hill was only on BET. I flipped through the channels and noticed that it was also on MTV
 11 years ago '04        #3
thegodjswing 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,269 | Props total: 25 25
Viacom is running this rap sh*t
 11 years ago '06        #4
MissLoveOne 7 heat pts
space
space
$3,129 | Props total: 42 42
They're both owned by Viacom. That's the very reason why BET sucks right now. You see who's controling it.
 11 years ago '06        #5
teejay12 
space
space
space
$1,030 | Props total: 0 0
SMH @ the media/corp. america
 11 years ago '04        #6
PrisonRules 70 heat pts70
space
space
$26,130 | Props total: 4525 4525
 SaTown's Finest said:
I was thinking the same, because I thought that show College Hill was only on BET. I flipped through the channels and noticed that it was also on MTV
i think viacom has mtv airing it to try and get a bigger following for that low production show.
 11 years ago '06        #7
King Allister 36 heat pts36
space
space
$21,788 | Props total: 173 173
viacom own vh1 too...
nick too...
they own a sh*tload of sh*t
 06-10-2007, 09:11 PM         #8
Domic462 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MissLoveOne said:
They're both owned by Viacom. That's the very reason why BET sucks right now. You see who's controling it.
co-sign

WHen BET was run by black people (seems strange saying that) it was alot better and the music that was played was alot better. NOw that white people run BET they are the ones telling us what is hot in rap music which is part reason why we say hip-hop is dead because white people (not cool white people but suits) run BET.

But through all honestly BET was a joke anyways, it is suppose to repersent black people yet it's more of a music station.
 06-10-2007, 09:13 PM         #9
Quasi 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
MTV and BET both are a.ss. VH1 is the only thing left with some substance to it. I'm looking forward to the new Rock Docs about the Monterey 40. I saw a sneak peek of Jimi Handrix and Janis Joplin performing.
 11 years ago '06        #10
"SS" 28 heat pts28
space
space
$10,241 | Props total: 4830 4830
fu*k that they need to bring back uncut

them videos used to be funny as hell

i could give a fu*k less that is was almost pr0n

that sh*t was pure comedy
 11 years ago '06        #11
MissLoveOne 7 heat pts
space
space
$3,129 | Props total: 42 42
 Domic462 said:
co-sign

WHen BET was run by black people (seems strange saying that) it was alot better and the music that was played was alot better. NOw that white people run BET they are the ones telling us what is hot in rap music which is part reason why we say hip-hop is dead because white people (not cool white people but suits) run BET.

But through all honestly BET was a joke anyways, it is suppose to repersent black people yet it's more of a music station.
True, it was music station. But back in the day, they had their special programing, the BET news, Teen Summet (that talked to and about the youth). They had their bright spots. They took that away too. My favorite old BET music programs were Video Soul (106 & Park is trash compared to that) and Good Vibrations. They showed some bomb videos. I really wish they did the BET awards back in the day, instead of now. It would've been hot back then.
 11 years ago '06        #12
Big Bear 20 heat pts20
space
space
$32,959 | Props total: 13581 13581
charm school be on mtv and vh1 as well
 06-10-2007, 10:46 PM         #13
shonuff12 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Domic462 said:
co-sign

Viacom bought BET a long time ago..like 2000..it's not like it happened recently..

I think it was fine for a while, but has gotten sh*tty in the last 1-2 years especially...
 06-10-2007, 10:52 PM         #14
currybai 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Viacom owns CBS as well. BET always used to be the only network for black television but now theres TVONE, a more mature and grown up BET.
 11 years ago '06        #15
Big Bear 20 heat pts20
space
space
$32,959 | Props total: 13581 13581
Viacom,vh1,mtv,bet,cba r all brothers
 06-10-2007, 10:58 PM         #16
TValles 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
tvone is all reruns of the best black shows ever to hit cable
 11 years ago '04        #17
thegodjswing 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,269 | Props total: 25 25
 "SS" said:
fu*k that they need to bring back uncut

them videos used to be funny as hell

i could give a fu*k less that is was almost pr0n

that sh*t was pure comedy
haha remeber "whiiiiiite girls " , thats video was funny
 06-11-2007, 12:32 AM         #18
menace23t 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
at least we got tv one
 11 years ago '05        #19
Beso_Negro 
space
space
space
$734 | Props total: 0 0
You know I don't think you can blame the white ppl that own BET to be honest. Television is a business and requires ratings. BET would change if a large number of the viewers just stopped watching it and ratings dropped . So blame the ppl that watch BET religiously. Which for some reason is a LOT of people.
 11 years ago '06        #20
beanbryant24 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,696 | Props total: 0 0
I THOUGHT THEY WERE OWNED BUY THE SAME PERSON
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
27 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
52 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
206 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
82 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
149 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
88 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
29 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy