Jun 4 - Microsoft is Hustling Xbox 360 Owners!

most viewed right now
NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
51 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
41 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Israeli "lawyer" with a fatty :kobedatass:
57 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
10 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Do you like what Microsoft is doing?

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '06        #161
Malcolm 34 heat pts34
space
space
$6,129 | Props total: 1204 1204
Bottom line, the 360 costs more than the PS3 in the long run and it's more of a hassle. Those of you that have never had yours break on you, you have good luck. The majority of them do break however, whether you wanna admit it or not. The downloads should be free. M$ is just trying to get extra cash out of people when it's not needed.
 06-05-2007, 06:59 PM         #162
BigBDrugStores  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 King Allister said:
u ride on sony all day... u dont even have to write the post u just suck mean sony d*ck
lol, umad
 06-05-2007, 07:15 PM         #163
dj mannie fresh  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 King Allister said:
stfu ps3 c*ck riding fanboy
sony pulled a whodini on its customers. they made a overpriced blue ray box that makes legit titles disappear
 06-05-2007, 07:21 PM         #164
g.o.a.t91  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
fu*k it, I'm still buying a 360,I gotta have Halo 3 on Xbox Live.
 06-05-2007, 07:47 PM         #165
luda06  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jamaro85 said:
I don't really understand what's news about all this. I didn't read it in depth, but the charges for downloads are nothing new. People have been paying 50 bucks a year for Live for a minute now, so who cares about that.

Furthermore I'm not sure if your XBox 360 failed on you awhile ago or what, but Microsoft enhanced their warranty policy. Now the console is covered for a year and they send you postage paid shipping to get it out to them
It's not just about Xbox live as a service alone, which wasn't a problem. It's the fact that Microsoft and game publishers alike want to release a game for full price, then eventually when they feel the time is right, charge gamers to keep that gaming experience.

No, they're not charging a monthly fee for every game owned, but they are releasing new downloadable content for a premium (Which is normally free on PC's and is free for competing consoles). With the majorty of the 360 titles being multiplayer enabled, the extra content separates the base (Gamers without the content are separated if not shut off completely from gaming online all together) until everyone purchases whatever is released.

Microsoft's forcing of downloadable content onto gamers continues with single player games such as Crackdown as well. The game tells the player to go on a mission only to find out once he gets there, he has to purchase the mission to start it.

Supporters of the 360 debate the article saying they have a choice. Yes there's a choice, either pay up or end up playing a experience you didn't originally pay $60 dollars for. There's no problem with charging players for non-essential items dealing with gameplay such as extra outfits or wallpaper, as there is no real need to purchase that.

As stated in the article, developers make this extra content with relative ease and find it to be very lucrative. Some developers such as Epic were against the selling of downloadable maps for Gears of War, but Microsoft forced them to do so.

Also about the Xbox 360 failure issue, that's my own personal beef with Microsoft. Once the warranty is up, you're coughing up some bread. Which happened to me. Knowing the Xbox 360 has a failure rate above industry average, Microsoft should be offering lifetime warranties.
 11 years ago '06        #166
Malcolm 34 heat pts34
space
space
 dj mannie fresh said:
sony pulled a whodini on its customers. they made a overpriced blue ray box that makes legit titles disappear
I wonder if you know how much Blu-ray players cost in November when the PS3 was released. The cheapest Sony BD player was just announced to be $499 and that might not even come out till next year. So where does the PS3 come off as being overpriced?
 11 years ago '04        #167
Jamaro85 
space
space
$10,610 | Props total: 3 3
 luda06 said:
It's not just about Xbox live as a service alone, which wasn't a problem. It's the fact that Microsoft and game publishers alike want to release a game for full price, then eventually when they feel the time is right, charge gamers to keep that gaming experience.

No, they're not charging a monthly fee for every game owned, but they are releasing new downloadable content for a premium (Which is normally free on PC's and is free for competing consoles). With the majorty of the 360 titles being multiplayer enabled, the extra content separates the base (Gamers without the content are separated if not shut off completely from gaming online all together) until everyone purchases whatever is released.

Microsoft's forcing of downloadable content onto gamers continues with single player games such as Crackdown as well. The game tells the player to go on a mission only to find out once he gets there, he has to purchase the mission to start it.

Supporters of the 360 debate the article saying they have a choice. Yes there's a choice, either pay up or end up playing a experience you didn't originally pay $60 dollars for. There's no problem with charging players for non-essential items dealing with gameplay such as extra outfits or wallpaper, as there is no real need to purchase that.

As stated in the article, developers make this extra content with relative ease and find it to be very lucrative. Some developers such as Epic were against the selling of downloadable maps for Gears of War, but Microsoft forced them to do so.

Also about the Xbox 360 failure issue, that's my own personal beef with Microsoft. Once the warranty is up, you're coughing up some bread. Which happened to me. Knowing the Xbox 360 has a failure rate above industry average, Microsoft should be offering lifetime warranties.
I wasn't even thinking about the fact that you probably owned yours for over a year, in which case because it's a damn shame that you'd have to pay that much to get it fixed, when like you said this seems to be a widespread problem with a lot of owners having theirs fail. I'd be pissed too if my sh*t failed out of warranty

I do also agree that the "optional" downloadable content isn't really all that optional if you want to enjoy some multiplayer games, one being GoW like you said, another being Halo 2, where you can't even play the majority of matchmaking scenarios now unless you have the maps you pay for

I'm not biased either way, and I'd actually probably prefer the PS3 if it had more game company support. Sucks that 360 has all these exclusives that doesn't leave gamers much of an option

Even though I'm a 360 owner and prefer it because of the games I can't really argue with some of the problems people have, and will be pissed once they start becoming my problems
 06-05-2007, 08:42 PM         #168
luda06  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jamaro85 said:
I wasn't even thinking about the fact that you probably owned yours for over a year, in which case because it's a damn shame that you'd have to pay that much to get it fixed, when like you said this seems to be a widespread problem with a lot of owners having theirs fail. I'd be pissed too if my sh*t failed out of warranty

I do also agree that the "optional" downloadable content isn't really all that optional if you want to enjoy some multiplayer games, one being GoW like you said, another being Halo 2, where you can't even play the majority of matchmaking scenarios now unless you have the maps you pay for

I'm not biased either way, and I'd actually probably prefer the PS3 if it had more game company support. Sucks that 360 has all these exclusives that doesn't leave gamers much of an option

Even though I'm a 360 owner and prefer it because of the games I can't really argue with some of the problems people have, and will be pissed once they start becoming my problems
Microsoft extended the warranty for launch console owners. I got mine shortly after launch because of the shortage. The manufacturing date was outside of the offer, therefore I couldn't get a free repair.
 11 years ago '04        #169
hockeythug 66 heat pts66
space
space
$19,303 | Props total: 846 846
Pretty simple, if you dont want to pay for the maps and Xbox Live and you feel like you are getting "hustled", then dont. Life is full of decisions, this one of them.End of topic.
 11 years ago '07        #170
infamxus 12 heat pts12
space
space
$5,391 | Props total: 3 3
its not that serious...
 06-05-2007, 09:50 PM         #171
Asar  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
OSX all the way... windows is the dinosaur
 11 years ago '05        #172
sal8008 
space
space
space
$42 | Props total: 0 0
not only that, my 2nd 360 just stopped reading or ejecting discs. now 130 to repair the replacement that I only had for four months. I'm so tired of MS, might just ebay my games and accesories...
 11 years ago '04        #173
carloshoopla 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,148 | Props total: 208 208
how can microsoft be hustling anyone if the people buying the stuff know what there getting

it not like selling someone a fake gold chain

people pay for the extra service just like any other thing

when you goto burger king or mcdonalds and you super size your food your paying more but your getting more product

its that easy, you cant hustle someone if they know what there getting
 11 years ago '05        #174
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,470 | Props total: 7119 7119
Lol.....

The debate wasnt about systems over heating,
The PS3 overheats to, PEOPLE JUST DONT PLAY IT AS MUCH, BECAUSE IT HAS sh*tTY GAMES!

Theres nothing to play!

And Luda,
You keep saying that you paid 60 dollars for the full game,
And then they force new sh*t upon you for more money,
You paid 60 dollars FOR THE FULL GAME, the sh*t added afterwards is EXTRA sh*t! You still get what YOU paid for. You want extra sh*t? Pay more, dumbass, thats the way the world works!

And if YOU GOT A WARRANTY, I cant strsss this enough, at your LOCAL STORE, unless you got some 6 month warranty, I got a 2 year warranty, YOU GET A FREE CONSOLE AT THE STORE WHEN YOURS BREAKS.

You dont have to pay 130 for a new system,
You dont have to pay 1 dollar,
YOU GET IT FOR FREE!

You guys must be some idiots or something,
Because its fu*king FREE, who cares if it breaks? By the time you get your final console, after the 2 year warranty expires, the malfunction will be solved, the sh*t wont be breaking so easily.

Quit bi*ching because you dont have money to buy a couple extra features,
And the dumbass who mentioned GoW, 1 out of every 20 maps on ranked or player matches is a new map, JOIN ONE OF THE OTHER 19!
 06-05-2007, 11:22 PM         #175
luda06  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
And he's back again!
 11 years ago '06        #176
DJ Endo 
space
space
$925 | Props total: 68 68
got damn lmao, 8pages of lames gettin mad over game systems

It's easy to see that some of you don't have a life

*waits for nerds to reply and try 2 defend themselves*
 06-06-2007, 12:10 AM         #177
shonuff12  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 steeluv said:
Just wondered How the fuk have u had a 360 for several years when it was only released Late 2007 and It WASN'T avaliable in any country two years ago today?

What math did they teach you at school that if you got little over one equals seven or more?
definition of several

2 a : more than one

it's been out for more than one year...

@ you putting LATE 2007 And i need to work on my math?

Get off my d*ck kid
 11 years ago '06        #178
Malcolm 34 heat pts34
space
space
 Reppindaburghh said:
Lol.....

The debate wasnt about systems over heating,
The PS3 overheats to, PEOPLE JUST DONT PLAY IT AS MUCH, BECAUSE IT HAS sh*tTY GAMES!

Theres nothing to play!
Sounds like something a third grader would say.
 06-06-2007, 11:53 AM         #179
Souljah1Eight7  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
as long as i got my contra game on my 360 im good to go
 11 years ago '05        #180
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,470 | Props total: 7119 7119
 luda06 said:
And he's back again!

Comedy! This mans a comic!

You stay postin in this thread and responding to every single person individually pretty much, the only person I am having a debate with is you. And the only reason i'm even wasting my time is because I work in the day, and this gives me something to do.

"And hes back again,"
I can start postin that $hit every time you reply to someones topic to man,
You mad that i've shut all your "points" down?

Your a fanboy,

Get your money up son,
13 year olds are willing to dish out the 10 dollars for new maps,
You mad cause that McDonalds wage isnt giving you enough gaming time?
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
130 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
106 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
46 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
186 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Jahlil making the move to small forward
113 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
88 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
71 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy