Jun 4 - Microsoft is Hustling Xbox 360 Owners!

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
25 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
89 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
80 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
205 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Do you like what Microsoft is doing?

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '05        #41
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,467 | Props total: 7116 7116
Dude.....STFU....

Its technology, its going to advance, so OBVIOUSLY the prices of sh*t are gonna go up.

What, in 100 years you want the price of the PS10 games to still be chillin at 50 dollars?

Microsoft has lost nearly 1 BILLION dollars with the 360, 768 million I think the figure is, and your to broke to put up a measly 10 dollar investment to keep one of the best run BENEFITS in the video game world around.

sh*t, i'd pay more then 50 dollars for a year long subscription to the X-Box Live service. They're doin us a favor by keepin it that low.

Chill on the hatin son,

Just boycott Microsoft yourself since your to damn broke to reap the benefits that microsoft gives away.
 06-04-2007, 05:44 PM         #42
luda06  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CentsCuZ said:
They lost 768 million dollars over the last two years...

That's one sh*tty "hustle".

They're not running a charity.
The gamers are supposed to feel sorry for Microsoft and empty their pockets?
 11 years ago '04        #43
CentsCuZ 19 heat pts19
space
space
$11,002 | Props total: 771 771
 luda06 said:
The gamers are supposed to feel sorry for Microsoft and empty their pockets?
You just made my point for me, the gamers are choosing to "empty their pockets".

Regardless...

You obviously had an agenda by posting this article and highlighting all the parts where it appears that Microsoft is making a k!lling while choosing not to highlight the portions of the article that show otherwise.
 06-04-2007, 05:47 PM         #44
luda06  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 hockeythug said:
That dosen't prove anything.
"And about the price of that add-ons,do you have any idea of how much time, money, and effort it takes to create all that content?"

Thats what you said.

"Games such as UbiSoft's Rainbow Six Vegas and Activision's Call of Duty 3 can cost as much as $25 million to make, but extra game levels and maps are extremely cheap to produce, by comparison. Key said they required only about 10% of a game's development staff."

"The (downloadable maps) are very profitable for us," said Tony Key, vice president of marketing for UbiSoft Entertainment SA, whose Tom Clancy-themed shooters such as Rainbow Six and GRAW 2 are among the most popular games on Xbox Live.

Your own question was answered within the article. That's why I said it's important for you to read.

You asked how much time and money goes into it, and the answer is slim for both. Large returns after. Meaning you paid a lot more than what it was actually worth, a.k.a. being hustled.
 11 years ago '04        #45
hockeythug 66 heat pts66
space
space
$19,303 | Props total: 846 846
Does the PS3 even have DL content?
 06-04-2007, 05:51 PM         #46
502forLife  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 luda06 said:
Here, let me take out another quote.

"If you're a Rainbow guy and you don't have the maps, then you can't play a match," said Key, referring to online competitions. "I doubt there will ever be a Clancy game without the Xbox Live component any more. It's now a key part of the game's DNA."

They are forcing you to buy the maps. Yes you do have a choice, either to buy the maps or hit the highway.
I'm a RB6 vegas type guy to dammit:banghead:
 06-04-2007, 05:57 PM         #47
luda06  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CentsCuZ said:
You just made my point for me, the gamers are choosing to "empty their pockets".

Regardless...

You obviously had an agenda by posting this article and highlighting all the parts where it appears that Microsoft is making a k!lling while choosing not to highlight the portions of the article that show otherwise.
Like I said, and the article states. There's not much of a choice when it comes to downloadable content.

With what I said about Crackdown and Halo 2, they "force" the downloadable content on to you.

Here's a broader example for you.

Now, the Matchmaking Playlist update will cause the same kind of growing pains as last time we updated the map selection – with some playlists unavailable to folks who don’t have the new maps (the reasons why are pretty self-evident) but here’s how the new Matchmaking playlists will break down when they go live next week:

· Rumble Pit – Unranked – FFA – New Maps Required!
· Double Team – Ranked – 2v2 Teams
· Team Slayer – Ranked – 3 / 4 vs. 3 /4 - New Maps Required!
· Team Skirmish – Ranked – 3 /4 vs. 3 /4 – New Maps Required!
· Team Training – Unranked – 3 /4 vs. 3 /4
· Team Snipers – Ranked – 3 / 4 vs. 3 / 4 – New Maps Required!
· Team Hardcore – Ranked – 3 /4 vs. 3 /4
· Team SWAT – Unranked – 3 /4 vs. 3 /4 – New Maps Required!
· Big Team Battle – Unranked – 5 / 6 vs. 5 /6
Microsoft's strategy is to allow gamers pay $50-$60 dollars for a game which allows you to play the game with all of its features for that retail price. Later on, they begin to cut out or subliminaly add features to the game, giving you the "Choice" to either pay for those features or play an incomplete game which was complete when you first purchased it.
 11 years ago '04        #48
Venom 29 heat pts29
space
space
$14,130 | Props total: 784 784
 shonuff12 said:
lol @ people complaining about OPTIONAL downloads...no one MAKES people download the extra maps fool

I have never played a game where you are forced to download the maps...

plus I have had my 360 for several years and it has never once broke...
a year and a half equals several years now?
 11 years ago '06        #49
beantown 74 heat pts74
space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
 King Allister said:
stfu ps3 c*ck riding fanboy
lol @ how stupid ppl are...instead of recognizing the truth ppl turn it into sony vs microsoft

this article proves that people should just stop buying systems right whne they come out... you have these tools that overpay for their systems and are waiting in line for fu*king days for these things and this is what they get out of it... damn man

Last edited by beantown; 06-04-2007 at 06:01 PM..
 06-04-2007, 06:03 PM         #50
luda06  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 hockeythug said:
Does the PS3 even have DL content?
Yes, and it's free. This isn't even about the PS3 though.

Epic didn't want to charge the new downloadable content, but Microsoft made them. The article even states that.
 11 years ago '04        #51
hockeythug 66 heat pts66
space
space
 luda06 said:
Like I said, and the article states. There's not much of a choice when it comes to downloadable content.

With what I said about Crackdown and Halo 2, they "force" the downloadable content on to you.

Here's a broader example for you.

Microsoft's strategy is to allow gamers pay $50-$60 dollars for a game which allows you to play the game with all of its features for that retail price. Later on, they begin to cut out or subliminaly add features to the game, giving you the "Choice" to either pay for those features or play an incomplete game which was complete when you first purchased it.
Jesus christ, Who fu*king cares? Dont buy the extra content then. Seems like you need to get out of the house or something. Go live.
 06-04-2007, 06:11 PM         #52
luda06  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Reppindaburghh said:
Dude.....STFU....

Its technology, its going to advance, so OBVIOUSLY the prices of sh*t are gonna go up.

What, in 100 years you want the price of the PS10 games to still be chillin at 50 dollars?

Microsoft has lost nearly 1 BILLION dollars with the 360, 768 million I think the figure is, and your to broke to put up a measly 10 dollar investment to keep one of the best run BENEFITS in the video game world around.

sh*t, i'd pay more then 50 dollars for a year long subscription to the X-Box Live service. They're doin us a favor by keepin it that low.

Chill on the hatin son,

Just boycott Microsoft yourself since your to damn broke to reap the benefits that microsoft gives away.
People like you crack me up.

I'm not even out trying to promote purchase of a PS3, but Sony is losing just as much or even twice as much as Microsoft with their console and they clearly stated their service is free.

I know people never want to admit to being hustled.
 11 years ago '04        #53
hockeythug 66 heat pts66
space
space
 luda06 said:
Because don't care spending small amounts of money on quality content
 06-04-2007, 06:13 PM         #54
luda06  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 hockeythug said:
I'm sorry, I should have read the article before speaking upon the matter. I will leave you alone now luda06.
It's alright, a lot of people just skim articles.
 06-04-2007, 06:13 PM         #55
Arkanjal  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 luda06 said:
People like you crack me up.

I'm not even out trying to promote purchase of a PS3, but Sony is losing just as much or even twice as much as Microsoft with their console and they clearly stated their service is free.

**looks at his sig....**

If you want to have games that last and won't break on you, invest in a Wii or a Playstation 3.

I'm much happier paying for downloading extra content than I am sitting with the $500 paperweight of a PS3 that I have......a game console with no games? now THATS hustling.
 06-04-2007, 06:14 PM         #56
luda06  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 hockeythug said:
Because don't care spending small amounts of money on quality content
Hey, Microsoft isn't mad at ya.
 06-04-2007, 06:14 PM         #57
luda06  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Arkanjal said:
**looks at his sig....**

I'm much happier paying for downloading extra content than I am sitting with the $500 paperweight of a PS3 that I have......
Someone's mad.
 06-04-2007, 06:19 PM         #58
Arkanjal  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 luda06 said:
Someone's mad.
I'm mad but you have a sig full of threads you started specifically to hate on the 360, all because you were an unlucky bastard with a broken one?

go play with your PS3. and have fun playing their top games such as folding@home, linux, and expensive-ass-dvd player.
 11 years ago '05        #59
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,467 | Props total: 7116 7116
 t1m_mcgrath said:
lol @ how stupid ppl are...instead of recognizing the truth ppl turn it into sony vs microsoft

this article proves that people should just stop buying systems right whne they come out... you have these tools that overpay for their systems and are waiting in line for fu*king days for these things and this is what they get out of it... damn man

Lol...
Microsoft and Sony both lose money with every console they sell,
So please tell me how we are "overpaying" for the systems?

God damn,
If you cant afford it, just realize that your a broke a.ss dude,
And let the real men who are doing something with there lives step up and enjoy the luxory that is being provided to us.

Luda,
You must REALLY be hurtin for some money to go on this big of a rant because you lost 130 dollars. Get a warranty for your system next time. Mine broke, I brought it to Best Buy and got a new one free of charge with no hastle. N i'ma do that like 3 or 4 more times before the warranty runs out, reguardless of whether or not the X-Box is in fact broken, why not grab a new one free of charge?
 06-04-2007, 06:22 PM         #60
luda06  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Arkanjal said:
I'm mad but you have a sig full of threads you started specifically to hate on the 360, all because you were an unlucky bastard with a broken one?

go play with your PS3. and have fun playing their top games such as folding@home, linux, and expensive-ass-dvd player.
A thread I started? You sure?

Those are numerous threads started by boxden owners all in one. Many more on the way. You'll be next.
Home      

most viewed right now
joie chavis
34 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
52 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
88 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Roseanne Revival Gets Premiere Date on ABC — Watch Season 10 Teaser
57 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Ashamed Of Pixel Sales, Google Begins Hiding Pixel Launcher Install Count In P..
4 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
94 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
110 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who are these washed up niggas next to Drake?
66 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy