Jun 4 - Microsoft is Hustling Xbox 360 Owners!

most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
50 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
241 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - The Alabama Special Election Live
393 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
14 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Do you like what Microsoft is doing?

Props Slaps
 06-04-2007, 05:16 PM         #21
luda06  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 GreatJ23 said:
I actually have no problem wit the payin for downloads. Thats probaly cause i have never actually bought anything on the marketplace. The essential things are free like roster updates. Plus $10 is nothing to spend on extra maps. You spend atleast 5$ at Mcdonalds for a meal. Its not like they are charging for everything. They just not better start charging more then theres gonna be a problem. Like my guy said above. NOBODY IS FORCING YOU TO BUY!
Did you even read the article?
 11 years ago '07        #22
KingOnSlaught 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,222 | Props total: 12 12
nice article, ppl defend these systems like a gang ...relax bunch of angry little kids
 06-04-2007, 05:20 PM         #23
luda06  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Here, let me take out another quote.

"If you're a Rainbow guy and you don't have the maps, then you can't play a match," said Key, referring to online competitions. "I doubt there will ever be a Clancy game without the Xbox Live component any more. It's now a key part of the game's DNA."

They are forcing you to buy the maps. Yes you do have a choice, either to buy the maps or hit the highway.
 11 years ago '04        #24
CentsCuZ 19 heat pts19
space
space
$11,002 | Props total: 771 771
Third-quarter revenue at the entertainment and devices division dropped 18.7% to $947 million, with an operating loss of $330 million, compared with a loss of $438 million a year earlier. Microsoft shipped 500,000 Xbox 360 consoles during the quarter.
You failed to highlight that part ^^^^... Despite all these "high margin" products which Microsoft is selling, they have still lost 768 million dollars over the last two years in the gaming and devices division.

Last edited by CentsCuZ; 06-04-2007 at 05:22 PM..
 11 years ago '06        #25
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94
space
space
$27,979 | Props total: 4001 4001
XBL >>>> the whole SONY franchise/company
 06-04-2007, 05:21 PM         #26
Arkanjal  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 luda06 said:
Online games subliminally force these so called "optional" downloads on to the gamer.

Games such as "Crackdown" have items and icons in the game that appear accessible until the gamer actually attempts to. That's when the Xbox Live Marketplace pops up and tells you it needs to be purchased.

Gears of War, Rainbow 6, GRAW, and Halo 2 also have the same strategy by releasing the maps and rolling them into ranked matches, therefore those who are left out have a limited number of players to play against if any.
too bad all the required maps end up being free.... at this f*g**t.
 06-04-2007, 05:24 PM         #27
shonuff12  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 luda06 said:
Here, let me take out another quote.

"If you're a Rainbow guy and you don't have the maps, then you can't play a match," said Key, referring to online competitions. "I doubt there will ever be a Clancy game without the Xbox Live component any more. It's now a key part of the game's DNA."

They are forcing you to buy the maps. Yes you do have a choice, either to buy the maps or hit the highway.
you've obviously NEVER PLAYED Rainbow Six Vegas, I HAVE IT and you don't have to buy ANYTHING to play online..I do it on the regular...

stop talking about some sh*t you don't even know about..

the only difference is you can't play in matches where they use the maps that are the "pay" maps...you can play in plenty of matches where they use the free maps

Last edited by shonuff12; 06-04-2007 at 05:27 PM..
 11 years ago '04        #28
IanHummel 
space
space
$1,988 | Props total: 0 0
S Villa, I think everyone agrees with me when I say:

[

Last edited by IanHummel; 06-04-2007 at 05:26 PM..
 06-04-2007, 05:25 PM         #29
shonuff12  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Arkanjal said:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
 11 years ago '04        #30
hockeythug 66 heat pts66
space
space
$19,303 | Props total: 846 846
I gladly pay the $4 a month for the best online experience out their.

And you are not forced to buy the new maps, if you dont have the map, you dont play matches with that map. Its not you cant play the game if you dont have that map. Pretty simple.

And about the price of that add-ons,do you have any idea of how much time, money, and effort it takes to create all that content?

How is this even news?
 06-04-2007, 05:28 PM         #31
shonuff12  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 hockeythug said:
I gladly pay the $4 a month for the best online experience out their.

And you are not forced to buy the new maps, if you dont have the map, you dont play matches with that map. Its not you cant play the game if you dont have that map. Pretty simple.

And about the price of that add-ons,do you have any idea of how much time, money, and effort it takes to create all that content?

How is this even news?
:applause:

@ these morons who comment about this they don't even get
 06-04-2007, 05:28 PM         #32
luda06  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Arkanjal said:
All? You sure about that?

I ended up getting rid of GOW and Rainbow 6, but the latest Halo 2 maps that just came out, won't be free until later this year. Until then, they're charging, (a reasonable $4) for 2 maps.

Also Crackdown's in game advertising of the downloadable content is annoying. Either you buy the content, or you're left with an incomplete list of achievements as well as a bunch of smoke and mirrors, ruining the gameplay. That's just my personal opinion though, maybe there's other people out there who enjoy in game advertising for downloadable content.
 11 years ago '07        #33
kuruptjatt 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,549 | Props total: 1387 1387
 luda06 said:

Not to mention the fact that when your 360 breaks, (which will happen) you have to empty $130 out of your pocket with shipping fees.
well if your dumbass were to cop a next generation gaming system without any type of warranty than you deserve to pay 130 outts ur pocket
 06-04-2007, 05:31 PM         #34
luda06  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 shonuff12 said:
you've obviously NEVER PLAYED Rainbow Six Vegas, I HAVE IT and you don't have to buy ANYTHING to play online..I do it on the regular...

stop talking about some sh*t you don't even know about..

the only difference is you can't play in matches where they use the maps that are the "pay" maps...you can play in plenty of matches where they use the free maps
Again, stop catching feelings and trying to attack the messenger. That quote is coming from the article, not me per say. That man is speaking on his own personal opinion, I'm speaking on mine. Either somebody (you or him) is lying here, but I do own Crackdown and their in game advertising is not funny.
 06-04-2007, 05:32 PM         #35
Okonkwo  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i still fukk with my ps2
 06-04-2007, 05:33 PM         #36
luda06  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kuruptjatt said:
well if your dumbass were to cop a next generation gaming system without any type of warranty than you deserve to pay 130 outts ur pocket
Warranties do expire you know?
 06-04-2007, 05:36 PM         #37
luda06  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 hockeythug said:

How is this even news?
Read the article. Read the article. I can't stress that enough.

"Games such as UbiSoft's Rainbow Six Vegas and Activision's Call of Duty 3 can cost as much as $25 million to make, but extra game levels and maps are extremely cheap to produce, by comparison. Key said they required only about 10% of a game's development staff."
 06-04-2007, 05:38 PM         #38
luda06  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CentsCuZ said:
You failed to highlight that part ^^^^... Despite all these "high margin" products which Microsoft is selling, they have still lost 768 million dollars over the last two years in the gaming and devices division.
Okay, it just means they have a reason to hustle gamers now.
 11 years ago '04        #39
CentsCuZ 19 heat pts19
space
space
$11,002 | Props total: 771 771
 luda06 said:
Okay, it just means they have a reason to hustle gamers now.
They lost 768 million dollars over the last two years...

That's one sh*tty "hustle". They're not running a charity.

Last edited by CentsCuZ; 06-04-2007 at 05:47 PM..
 11 years ago '04        #40
hockeythug 66 heat pts66
space
space
$19,303 | Props total: 846 846
 luda06 said:
Read the article. Read the article. I can't stress that enough.

"Games such as UbiSoft's Rainbow Six Vegas and Activision's Call of Duty 3 can cost as much as $25 million to make, but extra game levels and maps are extremely cheap to produce, by comparison. Key said they required only about 10% of a game's development staff."
That dosen't prove anything.
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
52 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
51 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
220 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
151 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
194 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
148 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
323 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
63 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy