Steph Kegels
25 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
80 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
89 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
205 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

so...what did you think of the movie?
absolutely horrible...not funny at all 7 3.14%
bleh...i didn't laugh very much. 10 4.48%
it was ok...probably wouldn't want to see it a second time 21 9.42%
pretty damn good 67 30.04%
funny as hell from start to finish and a movie i could definitely see more than once. 118 52.91%
Voters: 223. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 06-03-2007, 08:52 PM         #1
5756 pageviews
63 comments

teeeeeeeemunney 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Knocked Up (2007)

[pic - click to view]

(original review can be found at
[pic - click to view]

http://www.ew.com/ew/arti .. 040665,00.html)

Knocked Up is the very opposite of a storybook romance, and also the very model of a great comedy for our values-driven time: Slacker shlub Ben (Seth Rogen) meets career-girl beauty Alison (Katherine Heigl) at a sloshy bar in L.A., where all the women are strong (and work in television) and all the men are exactly average (and dream of hitting it big by launching a dirty website), and the two get drunk together. s3x happens. Slacker shlub and drunken beauty experience misunderstanding about the use of condoms. Conception happens. Beauty, no longer drunk, chooses to go through with pregnancy and raise child, even if dad is a baggy man-boy who lives with stoned roommates. Shlub announces, ''I'm on board.''

Ben doesn't exactly choose to grow up — he remains partial to rumpled T-shirts bearing slogans and convinced of his status as ''the guy girls f--- over.'' But by the time writer-director-producer Judd Apatow's extremely rude, extremely funny, irresistible fairy tale about contemporary American frogs, princesses, childbirth classes, and bongs comes to its sunny, satisfying conclusion, the shlub has become a mensch. Knocked Up is comic chicken soup for the Colbert Nation soul.

How the auteur who previously crafted the timeless American romantic-comedy classic The 40 Year-Old Virgin does this so successfully — mixes the raunchy with the sweet, the boob obsession with the sight of a baby's head crowning in childbirth, the gross laughs with the ungooey heart — can, I think, be credited to four strengths, and let's start with the shlubbiest: Seth Rogen as leading man. Was a guy who got lucky on a hook-up ever so believably a mix of decent Joe and hapless meatball? Rogen's delivery of even the most provocative opinions (''Steely Dan gargles my balls'' is one I savor) is always tinged with distracted good spirits and self-deprecation. And his daft, lightly Jewish-identified sponginess sets off Heigl's own achievement in playing a sharply sensible shiksa to great advantage.

Second, in contrast to the terrors (and, lest we forget, hilarities) of unplanned, out-of-wedlock parenthood, Knocked Up spends quality time with Alison's married sister, Debbie (embodied with showstopping authority and k!ller comic timing by Leslie Mann, whose credits include Big Daddy and marriage to Apatow), her vaguely restless husband, Pete (handsome MVP of thinking-man's comedies, Paul Rudd), and their two young daughters (played with fizz by the Apatows' own spirited girls, Maude and Iris). Debbie and Pete aren't exactly the After to Alison and Ben's Before — they're more like experienced upperclassmen to freshman puppies overwhelmed with just getting to know one another clothed. In his depiction of imperfect, trial-and-error family life — funnier than Bergman's Scenes From a Marriage, but just as keenly observed — Apatow honors everything he holds serious without losing a single ticket buyer out for a yuk-a-minute good time.

Third, even more than in The 40 Year-Old Virgin, the movie has an uncanny empathy not just for dorks who like pictures of nekkid b00bs, but for the gender that comes equipped with those b00bs, too. Ben's got mouth-breathing housemates with a dumb penchant for horseplay and a dumber sense of hygiene and nutrition, and Apatow's knack for keeping faith with their retarded social development is admirable. But then, as Elaine on Seinfeld might have put it, the filmmaker's got access to, uh, the equipment 24 hours a day. That he is able to nestle himself so comfortably in, uh, chick skin is the revelation of this guy's night/girl's night/date night/get-a-babysitter night treat. And for that the Academy would like to thank Ms. Mann, and the little Misses Maude and Iris Apatow for what are surely their contributions to their hubby and daddy's exquisitely raised, feminist consciousness when it comes to issues like pregnancy testing, body image, togetherness time, dining with another couple at a nice restaurant, and the whole Mars-versus-Venus thing.

Finally, Knocked Up may be the sharpest, most up-to-date commentary on current pop culture not involving Jon Stewart or Comedy Central. The riffs tumble free and loose (''Matthew Fox — you know what's interesting about him? Absolutely nothing!''), and the references are elegantly tossed off, even in the presence of a gynecologist pointing out fetal features on a sonogram. (Says a queasy Ben, ''I'm breathing like James Gandolfini here!'') I'm breathing hard, too, because this comedy is such a blast of fresh air.

Grade: A

Last edited by teeeeeeeemunney; 06-05-2007 at 12:09 AM..

63 comments for "Knocked Up (2007)"

06-04-2007, 06:50 AM         #2
younggun11  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
it was long as fu*k.. but pretty funny
 11 years ago '04        #3
sunzoo 
space
space
$1,493 | Props total: 0 0
hot a.ss movie, you dont even notice that it's 2 hours long because you'll be laughing the whole time, i cant really think of a dull or unfunny moment, these cats truely know how to balence a movie

on one hand you have a comedy that all guys will love, 40 year old virgin for example but beneath all the machismo and real sh*t being said from a guys perspective they throw in that romance for the females, they dont make it corny or overbearing so that n*ggas will leave the theater, they just give you just enough of "cuteness" to keep your girl in line while you laugh at the guys stuff....dope
 06-04-2007, 10:57 AM         #4
TValles  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
laughed but cuz me n my dudes were bored as hell...that pus*y is stuck in my head
 06-04-2007, 06:55 PM         #5
teeeeeeeemunney  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TValles said:
that pus*y is stuck in my head
yeah, that was kinda ridiculous (they showed the damn thing 3 times).\

other than that, i don't think i went more than 2 minutes without laughing...except @ the end when it got all dramatic and whatnot.
 11 years ago '04        #6
Chokeabiish 
space
space
$7,801 | Props total: 0 0
 ChiCity Fingaz said:
Comedy of the year..aint no other comedy gonna touch it this year. too many quotables

"You look like a young martin scorcese on coke"

"Don't let the door hit you in the v*gina on your way out"

"Stop leavin pubic hairs in the toilet, everytime I take a dump that sh*t looks like a fu*kin stuffed animal"

:applause:

tha lil asian doctor was like.."were bonding"
 11 years ago '04        #7
JHawk972 
space
space
$1,340 | Props total: 5 5
sh*t was funny. me and the wife were throwed and couldn't stop laughing.
 06-05-2007, 12:33 AM         #8
The Connoisseur  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Funny...Really funny
 06-05-2007, 07:25 AM         #9
younggun11  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lmao @ that pus*y.. that sh*t was disgusting
 11 years ago '04        #10
e117v1 
space
space
$1,361 | Props total: 30 30
it's all that dude Judd Apatow...didn't know who he was until i saw his name in the credits of this movie...i checked IMDB and he has some good work under his belt...but more impressive is sh*t he's working on now...

as for 'Knocked Up'....i'm going to go watch it again
 11 years ago '05        #11
Immaking 
space
space
$980 | Props total: 172 172
:wow: suprisingly really funny...go check it out; everyone in the theatre wuz rollin' in the aisles laughin
 11 years ago '05        #12
OMEGAMAN 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,532 | Props total: 18 18
Funniest movie in years...I smell an instant classic. If a girl wants to watch a chick flick, for the rest of my life I'm picking this one.
 06-05-2007, 09:18 PM         #13
witeboi2392  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
movie is funny as hell.
but kinda boring story line.
 11 years ago '05        #14
classicgstyle 4 heat pts
space
space
$5,029 | Props total: 7 7
movie si classic

100/10

no lie
 11 years ago '05        #15
classicgstyle 4 heat pts
space
space
$5,029 | Props total: 7 7
just saw it for a 2nd time

movie was still effin funny
 11 years ago '05        #16
TheCarter11 
space
space
$296 | Props total: 5 5
the pink eye sh*t when that n*gga comes out sayin hes just high. that sh*t was funny as fu*k. instant classic
 11 years ago '07        #17
Syphernix 9 heat pts
space
space
$16,308 | Props total: 25 25
""wow, you can get pink eye from farting into a pillow and rubbing your face in it"
 11 years ago '07        #18
Syphernix 9 heat pts
space
space
$16,308 | Props total: 25 25
 ChiCity Fingaz said:

"Stop leavin pubic hairs in the toilet, everytime I take a dump that sh*t looks like a fu*kin stuffed animal"
I DIED LAUGHIN WHEN I HEARD THAT
 11 years ago '06        #19
DJ Endo 
space
space
$925 | Props total: 68 68
It was good.

Not as good as the 40 year old virgin, but still............. GOOD.
 06-17-2007, 02:20 AM         #20
teeeeeeeemunney  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I saw it for the second time last night, and this is officially a movie that will never get old.
Home      

most viewed right now
joie chavis
34 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
52 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
88 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Roseanne Revival Gets Premiere Date on ABC — Watch Season 10 Teaser
57 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Ashamed Of Pixel Sales, Google Begins Hiding Pixel Launcher Install Count In P..
4 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
94 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
110 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who are these washed up niggas next to Drake?
66 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy