2007 NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavaliers vs. San Antonio Spurs

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
31 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
91 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
211 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
80 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Who you got?
Spurs in 4 35 19.66%
Spurs in 5 41 23.03%
Spurs in 6 20 11.24%
Spurs in 7 3 1.69%
Cavs in 4 6 3.37%
Cavs in 5 0 0%
Cavs in 6 22 12.36%
Cavs in 7 14 7.87%
Fuck the Spurs 25 14.04%
Fuck the Cavs 12 6.74%
Voters: 178. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 06-03-2007, 09:17 PM         #61
ceo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Spurs in 5

Who's gonna guard Duncan...Gooden??
 06-03-2007, 09:36 PM         #62
A_Vv 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
spurs in 5
 06-03-2007, 09:55 PM         #63
Rynoh 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Cavs in 7... I'm hoping they get San Antonio in a Funk just like they did Detroit. Cavs swept the Spurs in the regular season, and I know that has nothing to do with the playoffs, but Cavs got hella momentum right now... they're playing the best basketball I've seen since LeBron was drafted.

The game ain't fixed... just like the NFL playoffs. You really think that a team as a whole is going to lose and risk their future career status when millions of dollars are at stake? Getdafu*kouttahere.

Cavs are on fire right now and gelling as a team developing that team chemistry, and the role players are finally figuring out just what they need to do to have this team keep improving and getting better.

I said Pistons in 7 cause I'm a logical realist, and think the Spurs will win the series, but it's possible for Cleveland to win.

Predict is all yall can do.
 06-03-2007, 09:59 PM         #64
Rynoh 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Sabotage said:
good look to both teams, this is gonna be a grind it out series much like the pistons series. its gonna be good trust me!!! i wont say much until the series is done, but you know who im rooting for!
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Sabotage again.
 11 years ago '04        #65
yo0123yo 148 heat pts148
space
space
space
$3,681 | Props total: 251 251
SAN ANTONIO, June 5 (AP) -- In his more than 10 years in the league, San Antonio's Bruce Bowen has seen plenty of impressive players and breakout performances - most of them just a few inches from his face.

So when his matchup with LeBron James of the Cleveland Cavaliers is billed as the top confrontation to watch in the upcoming NBA finals, Bowen is neither fazed nor impressed.

"The No. 1 a.ssignment in the league?'' Bowen repeated back when asked about guarding James. "That's your opinion, that's your opinion. ... There's a lot of other scorers in this league, too.''

The Spurs' Bowen, who turns 36 on June 14, has been voted to the NBA All-Defensive team the last seven years and was selected for the first team the last four. He's been runner-up for Defensive Player of the Year the last three seasons.

The 6-foot-7, 200-pound Bowen will likely get much of the time against the 6-8, 240-pound James, who scored a career playoff high 48 points in Game 5 of the Eastern Conference finals against Detroit.

Since then, James's offensive prowess has dominated most talk about the finals. But Bowen isn't necessarily buying into it, especially not when the finals start Thursday in San Antonio.

"I think Michael Jordan's 60-something points in Boston was incredible. Now do I think it got this much media coverage? No. Did it deserve it? You could say it did,'' Bowen said. "Magic Johnson, his rookie year in the NBA, the show he put on in Philly. That is huge. But it goes to show you that if you're not playing anymore, it's, 'OK, well, we're looking for the next best thing.'

"I think it was impressive what he did and going through my mind, it's nothing, because I'm not there, I'm not a Detroit Piston, I'm just watching the game as an avid fan,'' Bowen added.

But don't get Bowen wrong. It's not as if he hasn't taken notice of James' skills.

"It's a matter of him being their foundation, their go-to guy, and he's going to do that night-in and night-out and it's important for us to come with our hard hats and be ready to play,'' Bowen said.

Bowen is used to the position he'll be in for the next couple weeks. As a defender who doesn't always put up the big numbers of Spurs teammates Tim Duncan, Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili, Bowen is often seen as the antagonist to favorites like Steve Nash and Allen Iverson.

Or James.

"Everyone has an opinion. And I can't allow other's opinions to affect who I am or what I do,'' Bowen said.

Some of those opinions have been unfavorable. During this season's playoffs, Phoenix's Amare Stoudemire said Bowen purposely kicked him on the court during Game 2. Bowen said he "did clip him, but to kick him, that wasn't the intention at all.''

Bowen was part of another mini-controversy in the same series after he kneed Nash in the groin area during Game 3. Nash said Bowen told him the move was unintentional, but the foul originally called on the play was later upgraded to a "flagrant foul 1.''

"Bruce is a nice guy, a good guy. Despite what everyone says, Bruce is a great individual,'' Michael Finley said. "He's not ... a dirty player, none of those things. He's a competitor.''

Bowen doesn't balk at the criticism he gets, nor at the task of guarding James.

"I never play defense saying, 'Hey, I've got Tim behind me,''' Bowen said. "I think that's the error some people may make when it comes to having a big man or taking the challenge upon yourself.''

Still, Bowen's teammates and coach want him to know he's not out there by himself against James.

"Bruce's challenge is huge, but he can't make LeBron work by himself, it's got to be our team effort,'' said Spurs coach Gregg Popovich. "Nobody stops LeBron. He's an unstoppable player. He's one of those guys in the league that a team has to just work to make him work for what he gets. And it starts with whoever's going to guard him ... but our team has got to do a good job against him.''

nba.com
 11 years ago '05        #66
THEINFAMOUS 19 heat pts19
space
space
$47,200 | Props total: 11807 11807
James gonna (as barkley wud say) Take his lil azz on the block and wear him out
 11 years ago '06        #67
Rique 60 heat pts60
space
space
$40,542 | Props total: 18056 18056
Why should he be? Bruce Bowen is the best of the best defensively.
 11 years ago '04        #68
Calamity 8 heat pts
space
space
$11,025 | Props total: 1850 1850
LEBRON is going to ummm.....whatz the word im lookin for... .uhhh yeah SMASH bruce bowen... this n*gga lebron is a freight train when he drives to the rim
 11 years ago '06        #69
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94
space
space
$27,989 | Props total: 4020 4020
Wouldn't be surprised if Bowen kicked the sh*t out of LeBron's kneecaps in the first game.
 11 years ago '05        #70
youngmeriwether 
space
space
$595 | Props total: 0 0
We Will See
 06-06-2007, 06:26 PM         #71
Arkanjal 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Bowen may do ok...

but what about this dude?

11 years ago '04        #72
madness 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
$13,024 | Props total: 2972 2972
i wouldnt be daunted either if i could karate chop n*ggaz in mid-air and get away with it
 11 years ago '07        #73
MOTTAFOOKAH 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,327 | Props total: 1121 1121
I wouldnt be surprised to see Bruce Bowen stab Lebron
 11 years ago '07        #74
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,097 | Props total: 30475 30475
I don't see why Bowen would be worried. He's old... he's not fast, he's not strong, he's not particularly big, and he isn't naturally talented.... Bowen also isn't hindered by "rules".
 06-06-2007, 09:18 PM         #75
ceo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MOTTAFOOKAH said:
I wouldnt be surprised to see Bruce Bowen stab Lebron
 06-06-2007, 09:21 PM         #76
Nutty2003 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
bowen will be kicked outta the L if he hurts lebron in anyway... he'll get it worse than artest coulda imagined.
 06-06-2007, 09:30 PM         #77
k3llz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
all you have to do is play Lebron a little strong, don't play him too close just stay on him, give him some space...he's not the best shooter..Bowen hardest task is guarding Kobe..cause Kobe can blow by you and hit the shot..that's why he said "There's a lot of other scorers in this league, too.'', and trust me he was talking about Kobe
 11 years ago '07        #78
st21 1238 heat pts1238
space
space
$55,536 | Props total: 43710 43710
that's whatsup fu*k lebron
 11 years ago '06        #79
25toLife  OP
space
space
$4,177 | Props total: 11 11
bowen knows where its at! :applause:
 11 years ago '04        #80
Born_Loser|M 100 heat pts100
space
space
$42,284 | Props total: 3811 3811
KNEE-FENCE *clap clap* KNEE-FENCE *clap clap*
Home      

most viewed right now
joie chavis
34 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
88 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
52 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Roseanne Revival Gets Premiere Date on ABC — Watch Season 10 Teaser
57 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who are these washed up niggas next to Drake?
66 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Ashamed Of Pixel Sales, Google Begins Hiding Pixel Launcher Install Count In P..
4 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
189 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New Pictures Of DG Yola In Jail
71 comments
2 days ago