MERGED: Kobe demands trade/ Kobe backs off trade demand after talking to Phil Jackson

most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
58 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Frequent Flier Series: Brazil
9 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
27 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
85 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Will Buss Keep His Promise?
He will but it wont be good enough 0 0%
Yes he has the money to get something done now that he really knows how Kobe feels 0 0%
No the lakers will contnue to lose 1 100.00%
Voters: 1. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '06        #261
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
$15,791 | Props total: 2322 2322
This is the exact things kobe said in his phone call to 570 am radio station just 5 minutes ago:

Hartman: Maybe Buss family doesn't have the means to build a championship team anymore. Does Kobe think there's any way to mend the fence?

Kobe: Can only go by conversations with PJ. Phil says they're now determined to do something, get something done. No more long-term plan. Kobe's frustration would've been alleviated if they'd told him about the long-term plan. Kobe brought Baron, Boozer, et al., management wasn't getting deals done.

Hartman: blah blah blah

Kobe: Was frustrated because deals weren't getting done. Looking back, management wasn't incompetent, they had a long-term plan that Kobe knew nothing about. Now they're trying to get things done. Kobe draws hope from Phil, they want players to trust management.

Kobe: Just got a voice mail from Magic, can't wait to call him back.

Thompson: If Lakers trade Kobe, the team they trade him to will be gutted to get him.

Kobe: It's not about being in a position where they don't have a championship caliber team. He wants the team to be aggressive, try to win now. His problem comes with the team telling him one thing, doing another.

Kobe: Thinks he knows who the "insider" is. He's glad the truth is out there now.

Vic the Brick: blah blah...Kobe is positive energy...

Hartman: There has to be a level of trust, trust has been betrayed. How can that trust be repaired? If Dr. Buss apologized right now and said he's now committed to winning, will Kobe trust him?

Kobe: Buss would have to sell it to him. There are two people Kobe trusts in the NBA: Phil Jackson and Jerry West.

Hartman: How did Phil rebuild the trust with Kobe?

Kobe: Phil said in the media that a lot of unfair things were being said about Kobe, he came back to try to help Kobe.

Would Kobe meet with Jim Buss?

Kobe: Would love to. He wants to know what the hell is going on.

VTB: Laker Nation is with you Kobe.

Hartman: you bring the effort, come to play every night.

Kobe: I want to be a Laker more than anything else. I hope they can do something, figure something out. Had an emotional conversation with Phil, Phil told him to let them have time to figure something out.
If us players feel like we can trust what's going on here, if there's none of this "insider," "dark corner" stuff going on, I'm staying.
Might have had a better team if he'd gone to Clippers or Bulls, might still be playing now. He was willing to take the risk of staying with the Lakers because he loves the Lakers, it's the team he's always wanted to play for.
A start would be for Dr. Buss to call Kobe, open up communication. Kobe doesn't have his number.

VTB: rambling...

Thompson: you must have Buss' number.

Kobe: he doesn't have it. Guys in the media are k!lling Kobe for Shaq leaving. That's pushed Kobe beyond the point. Now these guys want Kobe to pick up the phone, call Dr. Buss, and say what?

Hartman and Thompson criticizing Buss for not calling Kobe...Kobe seems like he's getting mad all over again...thanks guys.

Shaq leaving was nothing about an ego clash between Shaq and Kobe, Shaq felt the Laker organization was in decline because of West and Phil's departure. Shaq and Kobe were opposite personalities, so they bumped heads, but when they stepped on the court, they both had the k!ller instinct, and that's what drove their success.

Kobe: Shaq knows the organization. When Kobe was younger, all he focused on was basketball, he didn't know or care about organizational politics.

Kobe has an idea who the "insider" was, but he doesn't know for sure. He can't go confront someone when he may be wrong.

Thompson: My suggestion to you, Kobe, is to get together with Magic. You and Magic and West are the three best Lakers in history.

Kobe: Magic is the man. That's the guy I want to talk to. We need to get this worked out.
as you can see he still wants to be a Laker and he wants to at least talk to someone to get things done.
 11 years ago '06        #262
RayG210 43 heat pts43
space
space
$3,596 | Props total: 256 256
This n*gga must have mental problems.. One minute talkin bout they can't change my mind and I don't care if I'm playing on Pluto.. Then coming back and saying lets work things out and I wanna be a laker for life.. lol
 11 years ago '04        #263
Mayhem 
space
space
space
$995 | Props total: 0 0
He aint going nowhere you watch. He pissed now but will get over it and Laker front office will kiss his a.ss and give him what he wants and deserves...Kobe is the fu*kin Lakers and dont sit here and deny that. There is a reason why Lakers are most watched team on the Road..and it aint cuz they wanna see kwame. Kobe makes the money and without him the Lakers don't have sh*t and NBA is a business so i see no reason why you would trade him. If you hate him or love.....u still watch him.
 11 years ago '06        #264
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94
space
space
$27,989 | Props total: 4020 4020
 DA DOPEMAN said:
Wishful thinking by a Laker fan SCARED
He said that he will NOT be traded, and I pretty much said he will by saying "it's just an a.ssumption." Learn how to read then give your opinion.
 05-30-2007, 03:31 PM         #265
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Stupendamatic said:
I can accept people talking trash about my team present day but there's no need to try and trash their legacy. You talk as if we have always been this bad, you seem to forget when we were one of the best teams in the East along with the Bulls, Rockets, Heat and Pacers.
yeah but the last championship they won was in the 70's right? I mean damn that's over 30 yrs.
 05-30-2007, 03:32 PM         #266
Crank 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Basicgz said:
Well yeah because they have a lot of players that can match that huge contract he has, so can Chicago,any team has to give up a lot to get Kobe and also U kno he wants to play in a Big City with the spotlight and Historical NBA Team
no chicago doesnt, they have ben wallace and thats it (and the lakers wont take his 4 years left), everyone else makes 4 mill or less next year.
 11 years ago '05        #267
Stupendamatic 117 heat pts117
space
space
$18,472 | Props total: 3357 3357
 JNyiri77 said:
yeah but the last championship they won was in the 70's right? I mean damn that's over 30 yrs.
That means nothing to me, we are one of only 2 teams to still be in our original city (other being Boston) out of the original 12. You can't diss the Knicks history, all the hall of famers we have had, the great games we played again the likes of Zo, Jordan and Miller. MSG, come on you can't be dissing my teams history. Crack on them all you want now since they are sorry but not their history.
 05-30-2007, 03:37 PM         #268
smooth(J)skillz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Kobe: Phil said in the media that a lot of unfair things were being said about Kobe, he came back to try to help Kobe.

--why is kobe talking in the third person ?
 05-30-2007, 03:38 PM         #269
icedout921 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
God I hope not.

I dont want that bum on my team.l
 11 years ago '06        #270
insert.cliche 
space
space
$1,283 | Props total: 8 8
 Firestarr said:
kobe isnt going to seattle....

he has a NO TRADE CLAUSE idiots....he would be in the same position as he is with the lakers.
newsflash: no trade clauses can be waived.

not saying kobe would jump at the opportunity to play in seattle of all places, but when a guy says he'd 'play in pluto' before he played in LA again, seattle would seem like an okay alternative don't it?

basketball hungry city trying desperately to keep its team, ray allen as a 'reliable' number two, the opportunity to stay in the division and stick it to the lakers on a regular basis...? i mean it's a lot better than what most of these mufukkers are proposing. some of yall need yur head checked w/ the sh*t that's been said.
 11 years ago '04        #271
Mayhem 
space
space
space
$995 | Props total: 0 0
 smooth(J)skillz said:

--why is kobe talking in the third person ?
umm i hope you are being sarcastic.
 11 years ago '04        #272
jumpman2304 25 heat pts25
space
space
$14,419 | Props total: 3926 3926
 ElMarroAfamado said:
i think its gonna become like a KG type of sh*t in Minnesota ....
:sick:
 11 years ago '06        #273
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
$15,791 | Props total: 2322 2322
naw thats just the way i typed lol kobe was speaking regular i just typed it like that cuz he was talking faster than i could type.
 11 years ago '06        #274
marcusaka50 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$29,696 | Props total: 8660 8660
Kobe aint got alot of choices of teams right now to me money wise either Knicks because that is the only team that can match up with his money. Or wait to see who the Lakers can pick up to make a contender team. He can't bi*ch that much he has to be patient like Michael Jordan was. He went through a sucka stage with his team too.
 05-30-2007, 03:43 PM         #275
shonuff12 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i don't think so...Kobe wants to win NOW..and the knicks aren't there yet...he wants to go to a contender
 05-30-2007, 03:44 PM         #276
shonuff12 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lol @ people acting like they know kobe personally and know how he thinks...
 11 years ago '07        #277
jordanfreak7 8 heat pts
space
space
$6,654 | Props total: 40 40
Which team will Kobe Bryant be traded to? If Kobe Bryant is not traded by November 1st, 2007 all wagers are no action. Any wagers placed after outcome becomes public knowledge will be graded as No Action. No Parlays. Max $100
Boston Celtics
20/1

Chicago Bulls
3/1

Dallas Mavericks
4/1

Denver Nuggets
18/1

Golden State Warriors
10/1

Houston Rockets
15/1

Los Angeles Clippers
7/1

Miami Heat
25/1

Minnesota Timberwolves
6/1

New Jersey Nets
12/1

New York Knicks
11/2

Phoenix Suns
7/2

Portland Trailblazers
9/1

Utah Jazz
12/1

Field (Any Other Team)
7/1
heres the odds of what team he could be traded too

lol @ miami being 25-1
i guess dallas and the bulls are front runners.
 11 years ago '07        #278
jordanfreak7 8 heat pts
space
space
$6,654 | Props total: 40 40
ONLY people that saying this is rumors are laker fans lol...
 11 years ago '05        #279
DY17 
space
space
$591 | Props total: 1 1
lol i think time will tell whether koba will definately go or not he has made his intentions clear though and it doesnt look good for the lakers thats for sure
 11 years ago '06        #280
Boondocks 
space
space
$1,153 | Props total: 6 6
What are the other teams eligilbe besides the knicks
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
112 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
314 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
118 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
119 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
78 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
22 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
76 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
38 comments
20 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy