MERGED: Kobe demands trade/ Kobe backs off trade demand after talking to Phil Jackson

most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
41 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nobody pulling out of Jesenia Echeverria :noahohno:
50 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
59 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
122 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Will Buss Keep His Promise?
He will but it wont be good enough 0 0%
Yes he has the money to get something done now that he really knows how Kobe feels 0 0%
No the lakers will contnue to lose 1 100.00%
Voters: 1. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '06        #1
14125 pageviews
572 comments

eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
$18,562 | Props total: 1 1
MERGED: Kobe demands trade/ Kobe backs off trade demand after talking to Phil Jackson

[pic - click to view]

http://sports.espn.go.com .. ory?id=2886927

new story that just leaked like 5 mins ago

572 comments for "MERGED: Kobe demands trade/ Kobe backs off trade demand after talking to Phil Jackson"

11 years ago '04        #2
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,594 | Props total: 1013 1013
The story lines that have engulfed the Los Angeles Lakers in the last week hit a crescendo Wednesday when Kobe Bryant said he would welcome a trade.

"I would like to be traded, yeah," Bryant said on 1050 ESPN Radio in New York. "Tough as it is to come to that conclusion there's no other alternative, you know?"

Bryant, interviewed by Stephen A. Smith, was asked if there was anything the Lakers could do to change his mind?

"No," Bryan said. "I just want them to do the right thing."

Earlier in the day, Bryant said team owner Jerry Buss masterminded the trade of Shaquille O'Neal -- and Shaq later confirming Kobe's account.

The issues between Bryant and the Lakers have reached a boil, beginning with Bryant voicing his displeasure with the club's direction, his suggestion that Jerry West should return to fix things, West's statement that he has no intention of undermining GM/good friend Mitch Kupchak, and, unrelated but bizarre in its timing, Buss' arrest early Tuesday for investigation of driving under the influence of alcohol.

Bryant was left "beyond furious" by a report in Tuesday's Los Angeles Times that read, "as a Lakers insider notes, it was Bryant's insistence on getting away from Shaquille O'Neal that got them in this mess."

Kobe Bryant on ESPN Radio

Kobe Bryant talks about the past, present and future of the Lakers while addressing reports that he may want to be traded.
Listen

O'Neal was traded to the Miami Heat after the 2003-04 season, and the long-held belief has been that the deteriorating relationship between O'Neal and Bryant was a factor in O'Neal's departure.

In response to the Times' story, Bryant, interviewed by Smith for a Philadelphia Inquirer column, said Buss "called a meeting with me after he spoke with Jim Gray [of ESPN] to talk with him about Shaq's future in the middle of the 2004 season.

"He met with me at the Four Seasons Hotel here [in Los Angeles] across from Fashion Island, which is now the Island Hotel," Bryant told Smith. "I went up to his penthouse suite. [Buss] looks me dead in the face and says: 'Kobe, I am not going to re-sign Shaq. I am not about to pay him $30 million a year or $80 million over three years. No way in hell. I feel like he's getting older. His body is breaking down, and I don't want to pay that money to him when I can get value for him right now rather than wait.

"This is my decision. It's independent of you. My mind is made up. It doesn't matter to me what you do in free agency because I do not want to pay [Shaq], period.' "

"Dr. Buss said that," Bryant told Smith. "And I haven't said anything for years because I've always felt like folks were just looking to create controversy. Now I know. I realize what extent [the Lakers] will go to, to cover themselves."

Reached afterward, O'Neal told Smith that be believed his former teammate beyond reproach.

"I believe Kobe 100 percent," O'Neal said when reached in Los Angeles. "Absolutely. There's no doubt in my mind Kobe is telling the truth. I believe him a thousand percent.

"I would have respected Dr. Buss more as a man if he would have told me that himself, because I know he said it. But he didn't [tell me]. He never said a damn word to me."

Buss was unavailable for comment Tuesday, as was Kupchak. Buss, 74, was booked early Tuesday for investigation of drunken driving and driving with a blood alcohol content of 0.08 or above.

The Lakers missed the playoffs in the first season after O'Neal was dealt for Lamar Odom, Caron Butler, Brian Grant, and a first-round pick, and have been eliminated in the first round the last two seasons. O'Neal and the Heat won the NBA championship last season.

"Sure, Shaq and I had our issues," Bryant told Smith. "So what! We always did and we won three titles. That doesn't change what was told to me. It doesn't change the fact I never, ever, said to get rid of him."

While Bryant re-signed for $136 million for seven years the day after O'Neal was traded, he has pushed for trades -- he wanted Carlos Boozer, then Jason Kidd, then Ron Artest -- that the Lakers were unable to pull off. Meanwhile, Odom has undergone shoulder surgery but is expected to be ready for training camp in October, Kwame Brown has undergone reconstructive surgery on his left ankle and might not be ready for the start of camp.

And now Bryant, who reportedly has made it clear to the Lakers that he may see fit to terminate his contract in two years, told Smith he wouldn't continue to wait for Buss to build the roster around him.

"Promises made to make this team better have not been kept," Bryant told Smith. "So where does that leave me?"
 11 years ago '05        #3
clemdaleray 1 heat pts
space
space
$11,668 | Props total: 66 66
yea heard that sh*t on ESPNEWS

377 - 48 STRK: 7 w in a row WIN PCT: 88% 6 (+1) 
  Career: | Aug 17: 166-45, Rank #15 | Aug 16: 363-90, Rank #17 | Aug 15: 707-208, Rank #16 | Aug 14: 551-194, Rank #13 | Aug 13: 227-116, Rank #17 | Aug 12: 738-411, Rank #10 | Aug 11: 1815-955, Rank #2 | Aug 10: 1780-964, Rank #5 | Aug 09: 3-2, Rank #301 | Aug 08: 574-368, Rank #19 *
 11 years ago '05        #4
astroblack9 4 heat pts
space
space
$14,037 | Props total: 127 127
reported on espnews that he told stephen a he wants a trade and nuttin can change his mind....so what/who do you guys think we should get/need....
 11 years ago '05        #5
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,872 | Props total: 8394 8394
yeah just heard it too...this is bout to get interesting
 11 years ago '07        #6
st21 1233 heat pts1233
space
space
space
$55,434 | Props total: 43392 43392

uhhh... what do you think gosh.
 11 years ago '06        #7
eLLz 1 heat pts OP
space
space
Kobe to the Bulls for 9th pick, Ben Gordon, Nocioni and scrubs to fill the cap
 11 years ago '05        #8
astroblack9 4 heat pts
space
space
 garrett s said:

was that supposed to be funny?
 11 years ago '05        #9
clemdaleray 1 heat pts
space
space
$11,668 | Props total: 66 66
wonder how many laker fans they will be left on BX

377 - 48 STRK: 7 w in a row WIN PCT: 88% 6 (+1) 
  Career: | Aug 17: 166-45, Rank #15 | Aug 16: 363-90, Rank #17 | Aug 15: 707-208, Rank #16 | Aug 14: 551-194, Rank #13 | Aug 13: 227-116, Rank #17 | Aug 12: 738-411, Rank #10 | Aug 11: 1815-955, Rank #2 | Aug 10: 1780-964, Rank #5 | Aug 09: 3-2, Rank #301 | Aug 08: 574-368, Rank #19 *
 05-30-2007, 12:11 PM         #10
Bigdawg76 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
F*ck Kobe I'm tired of His Sh*t.....Yeah he can play Ball but to me He's a B*tch
 05-30-2007, 12:11 PM         #11
Filthy_McNasty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 garrett s said:

@ that pic

Shane battier n Juwan Howard .....and steve novak for kobe...
 11 years ago '05        #12
astroblack9 4 heat pts
space
space
 P. Dedos said:
well good to see there still laker fans not just kobe stans

yall will be better off than you were last year

watch

just make the right trade
the way i see it...we can get a lot for kobe...i mean hes the best in the league..but sh*t, we can get some cap room possibly and fill 2 spots...(pg,sg preferrably)....so im kinda open to the idea
 05-30-2007, 12:12 PM         #13
Crank 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 eLLz said:
Kobe to the Bulls for 9th pick, Ben Gordon, Nocioni and scrubs to fill the cap
they have to trade their whole team unless they include ben wallace ... the highest paid salary next year is just over 4 mill next to ben wallace

i see him going to the nets... great move for when they move to new york to attract people and the nets have alot to offer... a kidd, jefferson for kobe, brown or a kidd, carter for a kobe, brown combo is possible
 11 years ago '04        #14
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,408 | Props total: 3455 3455
Nooooooooooooooooo!!

My Lakers are gonna be 11-71 next season if they trade Kobe
 11 years ago '06        #15
eLLz 1 heat pts OP
space
space
dont know how anyone can blast Kobe

he didnt put Buss on blast for not wanting to pay Shaq, instead he kept his mouth on hold and took all the heat, never denying that hes the reason Shaq left LA

all he wanted was some teammates...

they coulda got Kidd from Jerz for Bynum/Walton

they coulda got Baron Davis from Hornets for barely anything, the Warriors didnt give anyone good for him

and the n*gga wants to win, how you gonna blast him?
 11 years ago '06        #16
WigzBeenSplit 
space
space
$2,638 | Props total: 93 93
Kobe To Chi
 05-30-2007, 12:14 PM         #17
ElMarroAfamado 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
what shine in the East finals? there are still playoffs going on ?

Kobe saying sh*t bullsh*t is gonna get more attention than any of the remaning playoff games have gotten hahahah

but woah, trading KObe
 11 years ago '04        #18
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,594 | Props total: 1013 1013
 astroblack9 said:
the way i see it...we can get a lot for kobe...i mean hes the best in the league..but sh*t, we can get some cap room possibly and fill 2 spots...(pg,sg preferrably)....so im kinda open to the idea
We can, but I don't think we will. Look at what Kupchak did with Shaq? We're fu*ked for a few years now. I hope they can do something though. I like what we can get from Chicago.
 11 years ago '05        #19
Da Real Talk 4 heat pts
space
space
$4,992 | Props total: 3 3
fu*k It bring Him To the Bulls
 05-30-2007, 12:15 PM         #20
ElMarroAfamado 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i think its gonna become like a KG type of sh*t in Minnesota ....
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
261 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
76 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL CBS James Brown Hairline Is Seriously Making Me Uncomfortable
102 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside My Local Newscaster Has The Biggest Damn Head That I've Ever Seen *Pause
97 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Maia Campbell Was Recently Spotted In Atlanta....
46 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
30 comments
20 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
The Rock has a message for The Avengers
39 comments
22 hours ago