Phat ass white girl for real
29 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
59 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
102 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 05-27-2007, 08:29 AM         #1
20747 pageviews
12 comments

YungJaay 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Best AMP for Kicker 12 L7?

...I just won 2 Kicker 12" 4Ohm Dual Coil L7 Subs off eBay with an enclosure(sealed) and now i need the perfect amp(s) for them...Right now in my car i already have a Pioneer 680MP Head Unit and a Fosgate 4 Gauge Amp kit also Monster Cables (RCA)...I wanna spend anywhere from $300-$850 and hopefully i can bring out the full potential of those Kicker Subs!! Can you guys give me some suggestions on different amps that might/will make these subs knock good and sound pure!!! Recently i had a MTX 9500 12" 4Ohm Dual Coil Sub powered by a MTX 1501d Mono-Block amp and it sounded alright... I want the kickers to put them to rest!!! Help!!!

12 comments for "Best AMP for Kicker 12 L7?"

05-27-2007, 12:26 PM         #2
GhosT  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
well no matter what you wont bring out the full pontential with that box. 1st of all it's probably a prefab and 2nd it's sealed. a custom ported will give you a hell of a lot more output. as far as amps go i'd look into a couple matching kickers, BUT are you ready to do some electrical upgrades. that 4g kit wont be enough. you should have an aftermarket battery under the hood and an extra in the trunk and possible replace the BIG 3 and the alternator.

also if you mean clean sound when you say make them sound pure, then you obviously don't know what you bought, the l7's will never have that great of a sound. they are more for spl and not sq. you wont get real clean sounding bass it will just be loud as hell. if your looking for a good sounding sub you shouldn't have switched from the 9500

but as far as amps for i'd look into the zx series
one
GhosT
 05-27-2007, 12:54 PM         #3
YungJaay  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Well to be exact GhosT, I had 1 9500 and I sold it cause I needed the money at that time and then saw this great deal on eBay for 2 L7ís so I just decided to get those seeing that I sold my 1 9500. I know Iím better off with 2 9500ís instead of 2 kickers ANY day!!! But 1 on those speakers is sooo heavy it weighs down my car in speed and the thought of getting 2 is insane.. So I thought 2 kickers would do me well because I heard some good things about kickers. But GhosTÖ Basically what I want is 2 speakers that will give me insane BASS and if the kickers canít do it then Iíll sell them. I actually ordered a 2 Gauge amp kit but the person accidently sent me a 4 Gauge and I just decided to install it and be refunded the balance. And donít recommend JL cause dang those subs are expensive!! Iíd buy their amps though. But I feel I can buy other speakers that are cheaper and can do just as good as a jobÖ What you think GhosT? Iíve been looking at 2 Alpine Type Rís donít know how good they are thoughÖ.
 05-27-2007, 02:05 PM         #4
GhosT  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
well the l7's will get very loud but they wont have a very clean sound, the type r's ont he other hadn wont be quite as loud but will sound a hell of a lot better doing it. i wont recommend jl sub or amps for you. with that amoutn of power you SHOULD have goign to 2 l7's you'd need 2 1000/1's and they are very power hungry. we're talking 200 amps of draw for the pair of them, you'd need some upgrades.

if it were me i'd go with the type r's over l7's just because i can't stand having a subs that can't produce a very clean sound

you shoudl still grab new wire or run atleast 1-2 mroe runs of 4g. if you power your kickers well, or event he type r's with less power you'll need bigger wire. the bigger the better, sh*t i'm running a single run of 1/0 that splits to 2 4g and an 8g and i'm onyl runnign about 1300w

if you do keep the kickers i will recommend you check the kicker zx series amps or alpine pdx

if you end up looking into the type r's i'd actually highly recommend the alpine pdx amps

the reason i like the pdx amps if because they produce the power they claim they do and they do it very efficiently. the pdx1.1000 only draws about 80 amps

one
GhosT
 05-27-2007, 04:00 PM         #5
YungJaay  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I understand youÖ for now I just want good bass that will make me happy and I can be heard blocks away! Iím putting this set-up in my 2000 Buick Century. Iíll be buying another car soon so I donít wanna go all out with the set-up in this one. So when it come to adding an additional battery and changing the battery up front to a yellow top is kind of over the hill for me. The most Iíll do is change the alternator cause I donít wanna pump so much money into this car cause Iíll be selling it soon. But when I get my other car Iíll go ALL out with that. And as far as an amp for the Kickers goÖ Iíll look into those 2 amps you recommended but tell me this.. How do you feel about those JBL Crown Series GTO and BPX amps? As well as Rockford Fosgate, HiFonics, and other good Brands that make amps? Or lets just say thisÖ If these were your subs and you wanted to make them sound great with a lot of bass.. What other amps would you power them with? Besides Alpine and KickerÖ And would it be Mono or 2 Channel?
 05-27-2007, 05:19 PM         #6
SKINNI  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
IF U ARENT KEEPING THE CAR AN ALTENATOR UPGRADE ISNT THE BEST CHOICE. DO THE BATTERIES BECAUSE U CAN MOVE THEM TO THE NEW RIDE EASILY. THE ALTENATOR MIGHT WORK DEPENDING ON WHAT U GET BUT IT WILL COST MORE TO SWAP (IF IT EVEN FITS). 2 YELLOW TOPS OR KINETICS ARE GOING TO BE DROP IN REPLACEMENTS. JUST KEEP THE STOCK BATTERY FOR UR CAR.

GHOST IS RIGHT ABOUT THE SUBS. THOSE L7' S WILL GET CRAZY LOUD BUT CERTAINLY NOT BE SQ TYPE BASS. TYPE R' S ARE ALOT CLEANER BUT NOT AS LOUD. IF UR REALLY WANTING TO RATTLE THE PAVEMENT L7' S ARE UR BEST BET PLUS U ALREADY HAVE THEM. IF U HAVE A EAR FOR QUALITY GO TYPE R.

AS FAR AS AMPS THERE ARE ALOT OF OPTIONS. ALPINES ARE VERY EFFICENT BUT THEY DONT MAKE ANY HUGE AMPS. U WOULD NEED 2 PDX-1' S FOR THOSE SUBS & UR TALKIN ABOUT $1000 FOR BOTH. U CAN RUN A HIFONICS BRUTUS (2000 WATTS) FOR ABOUT $325. THE KICKER ZX1500.1 WILL DO THEM PERFECT BUT ITS ONLY 2 OHM stabLE SO U WOULD NEED 2 OHM COILS. THE US AMPS XT4000 IS NICE ALSO. ITS RATED AT 1500 RMS AT 1 OHM & IS UNDER $400.

LOOK AROUND BUT REMEMBER U WONT GET GOOD RESULTS IF U SKIMP. 4 GUAGE AINT GONE CUT IT WITH THAT KINDA POWER. 1/0 IS THE WAY TO GO & MAYBE SPLICE IT OFF WITH A DIST. BLOCK INTO 4 GUAGE. DONT BUY THE CHEAP WIRE EITHER. THAT sh*t MEASURES THE GUAGE FROM THE JACKET NOT THE WIRE. THATS WHY ITS SOO CHEAP. STINGER, TSUNAMI, & KICKER MAKE GREAT INTERCONNECTS. I USED STINGER FOR YEARS BUT JUST SWITCHED TO KICKER. THIER WIRING IS REALLY FLEXIBLE & LOOKS NICE. DIST. BLOCKS ARE PRETTY COOL TOO. I GOT THE 1/0 GUAGE KIT THAT HAS EVERYTHING NEEDED FOR A 2 AMP SETUP MINUS RCA' S & SPEAKER WIRE (20 FT. 1/0 POWER, 3 FT 1/0 GROUND, 20 FT. 16 AWG REMOTE, FUSE HOLDER W/300 AMP ANL FUSE, 2 DIST BLOCKS, 5 FT. 4 AWG POWER & GROUND, & A REALLY NIFTY KICKER BADGE)
 05-28-2007, 10:52 AM         #7
YungJaay  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SKINNI said:
IF U ARENT KEEPING THE CAR AN ALTENATOR UPGRADE ISNT THE BEST CHOICE. DO THE BATTERIES BECAUSE U CAN MOVE THEM TO THE NEW RIDE EASILY. THE ALTENATOR MIGHT WORK DEPENDING ON WHAT U GET BUT IT WILL COST MORE TO SWAP (IF IT EVEN FITS). 2 YELLOW TOPS OR KINETICS ARE GOING TO BE DROP IN REPLACEMENTS. JUST KEEP THE STOCK BATTERY FOR UR CAR.

GHOST IS RIGHT ABOUT THE SUBS. THOSE L7' S WILL GET CRAZY LOUD BUT CERTAINLY NOT BE SQ TYPE BASS. TYPE R' S ARE ALOT CLEANER BUT NOT AS LOUD. IF UR REALLY WANTING TO RATTLE THE PAVEMENT L7' S ARE UR BEST BET PLUS U ALREADY HAVE THEM. IF U HAVE A EAR FOR QUALITY GO TYPE R.

AS FAR AS AMPS THERE ARE ALOT OF OPTIONS. ALPINES ARE VERY EFFICENT BUT THEY DONT MAKE ANY HUGE AMPS. U WOULD NEED 2 PDX-1' S FOR THOSE SUBS & UR TALKIN ABOUT $1000 FOR BOTH. U CAN RUN A HIFONICS BRUTUS (2000 WATTS) FOR ABOUT $325. THE KICKER ZX1500.1 WILL DO THEM PERFECT BUT ITS ONLY 2 OHM stabLE SO U WOULD NEED 2 OHM COILS. THE US AMPS XT4000 IS NICE ALSO. ITS RATED AT 1500 RMS AT 1 OHM & IS UNDER $400.

LOOK AROUND BUT REMEMBER U WONT GET GOOD RESULTS IF U SKIMP. 4 GUAGE AINT GONE CUT IT WITH THAT KINDA POWER. 1/0 IS THE WAY TO GO & MAYBE SPLICE IT OFF WITH A DIST. BLOCK INTO 4 GUAGE. DONT BUY THE CHEAP WIRE EITHER. THAT sh*t MEASURES THE GUAGE FROM THE JACKET NOT THE WIRE. THATS WHY ITS SOO CHEAP. STINGER, TSUNAMI, & KICKER MAKE GREAT INTERCONNECTS. I USED STINGER FOR YEARS BUT JUST SWITCHED TO KICKER. THIER WIRING IS REALLY FLEXIBLE & LOOKS NICE. DIST. BLOCKS ARE PRETTY COOL TOO. I GOT THE 1/0 GUAGE KIT THAT HAS EVERYTHING NEEDED FOR A 2 AMP SETUP MINUS RCA' S & SPEAKER WIRE (20 FT. 1/0 POWER, 3 FT 1/0 GROUND, 20 FT. 16 AWG REMOTE, FUSE HOLDER W/300 AMP ANL FUSE, 2 DIST BLOCKS, 5 FT. 4 AWG POWER & GROUND, & A REALLY NIFTY KICKER BADGE)
OkÖ So what Iíll do is run a 1/0 Gauge Stinger or Kicker wire to the back and just swap out that 4 Gauge. And Iíll just use a Distributor Block and then Splice off of that and use a 4 Gauge to go into the amp(s) because 1/0 is Huge. Might put one Yellow Top side post in the front end and leave that alternator as isÖ

And alsoÖ Seeing that my subs are 4 ohm Iíll need to find an amp that gets its full power at 4 ohms right? Because both the speakers or dual 4 ohms coils.
 05-28-2007, 10:58 AM         #8
YungJaay  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Or would it just be better to rewire the speakers to handle 2 ohms?
 05-28-2007, 02:08 PM         #9
SKINNI  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
No. With A Pair Of Dual 4 Ohm Coils U Want To Wire Them Parallel-parallel To See A 1 Ohm Load. U Want A Mono Amp That Will Give U About 1500-2000 Watts @ 1 Ohm. Good Idea Leaving The Altenator Be On A Car U Plan On Gettin Rid Of Soon. If U Do The Yellow Top U Can Swap It Over To Ur New Vehicle. Sounds Like U Got It Worked Out
 05-28-2007, 02:31 PM         #10
YungJaay  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SKINNI said:
No. With A Pair Of Dual 4 Ohm Coils U Want To Wire Them Parallel-parallel To See A 1 Ohm Load. U Want A Mono Amp That Will Give U About 1500-2000 Watts @ 1 Ohm. Good Idea Leaving The Altenator Be On A Car U Plan On Gettin Rid Of Soon. If U Do The Yellow Top U Can Swap It Over To Ur New Vehicle. Sounds Like U Got It Worked Out
Ok...Thanks SKINNI. Dont really know how to wire 2 4 Ohm speakers to a 1 Ohm load, I basically know how to wire 2 4 Ohms speakers to a 2 ohm load... I read the sticky here that shows different wiring but I didnt see anything there that shows how to wire 2 4 Ohms subs to a 1 Ohm load. But I guess i'll have to some how find out.

Last edited by YungJaay; 05-28-2007 at 02:33 PM..
 05-28-2007, 02:36 PM         #11
SKINNI  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
If U Know How To Do 1 To A 2 Ohm Load Ur Good. Wire Them Both To 2 Ohms & Then Wire Each Together The Same Way. That Single Final Input Is A 1 Ohm Load
 05-28-2007, 02:39 PM         #12
YungJaay  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Ohhhh.... My bad!! I wasn't thinking, thats makes alot on sense. Thanks SKINNI
 05-28-2007, 02:47 PM         #13
SKINNI  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Not A Prob. Bang On
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
113 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
57 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
136 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
206 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
141 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
58 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
20 comments
2 days ago