May 25 - 50 Cent made $210-420 million over night?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside When you're Ice Cube sometimes you gotta play nice with lame ass clowns
52 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside My brother and I smacking famous p**nstars assses and rapping about it
58 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Gary Payton gives zero fu-ks lol
24 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Niggas Wit Baldies Or Barbers Enter
89 comments
@gear

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '04        #1
9259 page views
119 comments

CentsCuZ 20 heat pts20
space
space
$11,092 | Props total: 1005 1005
May 25 - 50 Cent made $210-420 million over night?

Coke seen buying Glaceau for $4.2 billion

Deal for vitamin water maker is scheduled to be announced on Friday.
May 25 2007: 6:23 AM EDT

NEW YORK (Reuters) -- Coca-Cola has approved the purchase of vitamin water maker Glaceau for $4.2 billion in cash and Coke stock, the New York Times reported on its Web site on Friday.

The deal was scheduled to be announced on Friday, the paper said, citing an unnamed executive involved in the talks.

Representatives for Coke and Glaceau could not be reached immediately.

Glaceau is 30 percent owned by India's Tata Tea, and is the No. 2 maker of enhanced water behind PepsiCo's (Charts, Fortune 500) Propel.

Glaceau sold 77 million cases last year, compared with Propel's 95 million, according to industry publication Beverage Digest.

The publication reported earlier this week that Coca-Cola had filed a premerger notification with regulators about a proposed purchase of Glaceau.

[pic - click to view]

http://money.cnn.com/2007 .. ion=2007052506

50 Cent Invests In Vitamin Water
By Nolan Strong
Date: 10/13/2004 7:57 am

50 Cent is diversifying and taking some of the money he earned from his multiplatinum album releases and investing in a beverage company.

Unlike his business counterparts who have invested in energy drinks and liquor businesses, the Queen's bred rapper bought a stake in Glaceau, the company that owns the Vitamin Water drink.

50 said he drinks the product on a regular basis, since he does not drink alcoholic beverages.

According to sources, 50 Cent will release his own line of drinks, a grape-flavored beverage called Formula 50.

Formula 50 will retail for $1.99 and while it hasn't been officially released, select stores in New York are testing the product.

Presently, 50 Cent is recording his second album, which was originally slated to be released this summer.

50 Cent scrapped the first recording of the album, fearing he hadn't outdone his major label debut, Get Rich or Die Trying.

[pic - click to view]

http://allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/?ID=3611

Issue Date: March 20, 2005

To coincide with this month's release of his new CD, beverage marketer Glaceau introduced a platinum label for its popular grape-flavored Formula 50 vitamin water. The drink, co-created by 50, has sold 10 million bottles since its October launch.

[pic - click to view]

http://www.usaweekend.com .. 0_50_cent.html

"It was real cool doing the vitamin water deal, because it was a privately owned company. You know how some companies allow employees to have stock options, They put out the stock and allowed me to buy into the company so that was a good deal. It has 50% of your daily vitamin intake in the drink. Iím health conscious and work out all the time anyways."

[pic - click to view]

http://www.murderdog.com/ .. nt/50cent.html

-----------------------------------------

50 Cent is rumored to own between 5 and 10% of this company which is about to be bought for $4.2 billion dollars. That comes to between $210 and $420 million. I guess he was serious about laughing straight to the bank. image

Edit: They revised the buyout to $4.1 billion from $4.2 billion.

Last edited by CentsCuZ; 05-25-2007 at 05:28 AM..

119 comments for "May 25 - 50 Cent made $210-420 million over night?"

05-25-2007, 05:06 AM         #2
smacked 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
cam and bohemia are two really mad dudes right now
 11 years ago '04        #3
m_cullins 64 heat pts64
space
space
$7,571 | Props total: 418 418
let get it
 11 years ago '04        #4
Rashad69 11 heat pts11
space
space
$8,510 | Props total: 3347 3347
Y'all really are silly if you think it works like this....no he didn't make 210 million over night...
 11 years ago '04        #5
CentsCuZ 20 heat pts20 OP
space
space
$11,092 | Props total: 1005 1005
 Rashad69 said:
Y'all really are silly if you think it works like this....no he didn't make 210 million over night...
How does it work then?

He bought a percentage of the company (Glaceau) via stock options. Coca-Cola is buying the company for $4.2 billion. Therefore, he will get a percentage of the payment (either in cash or via Coke stock) for the percentage of Glaceau that he owns.

If you're talking about the overnight thing, then ya, that might be a bit of an exaggeration since he bought a portion of the company 2 years ago... but the value of the company (and as a result, the value of the shares) did increase substantially, practically over night.

Where am I wrong?

Last edited by CentsCuZ; 05-25-2007 at 05:23 AM..
 05-25-2007, 06:05 AM         #6
dbunit 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
get that bread 50 good read
 11 years ago '04        #7
cormega74 17 heat pts17
space
space
$4,088 | Props total: 3100 3100
 CentsCuZ said:
How does it work then?
Where am I wrong?
You aren't wrong. That guiys worth just quadrupled. He won't even be selling his shares if he's smart. But his stock value just sky-rocketed.

Good article.
 11 years ago '06        #8
Nugen2384 
space
space
$3,573 | Props total: 0 0
"If n*ggas hate, then let em hate and watch the money pile up".......:D
 11 years ago '04        #9
collegeboy58 3 heat pts
space
space
$9,793 | Props total: 1734 1734
 CentsCuZ said:
How does it work then?

He bought a percentage of the company (Glaceau) via stock options. Coca-Cola is buying the company for $4.2 billion. Therefore, he will get a percentage of the payment (either in cash or via Coke stock) for the percentage of Glaceau that he owns.

If you're talking about the overnight thing, then ya, that might be a bit of an exaggeration since he bought a portion of the company 2 years ago... but the value of the company (and as a result, the value of the shares) did increase substantially, practically over night.

Where am I wrong?
 11 years ago '06        #10
beantown 74 heat pts74
space
space
$23,412 | Props total: 3 3
that's a lotta guap
 11 years ago '06        #11
illathruz 73 heat pts73
space
space
$7,015 | Props total: 4364 4364
He just got about as rich as Jay-Z and Puffy. I think before this, 50's estimated net worth was somewhere around $150 million.
 11 years ago '05        #12
Quddus 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$15,880 | Props total: 7295 7295
Got to admit the guy is a great business man.
 05-25-2007, 06:41 AM         #13
om187 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 cormega74 said:
You aren't wrong. That guiys worth just quadrupled. He won't even be selling his shares if he's smart. But his stock value just sky-rocketed.

Good article.
are u serious? if my stock shares quadrupled i would def sell my shares cuz when are the chances of that happening again. cuz theres a bigger chance that it will loose value than for it to gain value like that. IT will most likely loose value after a couple of weeks.... the market fluxuates waaay too much for someone to keep a stock like that too long.
 11 years ago '05        #14
ElQueHablaSucio 37 heat pts37
space
space
$3,929 | Props total: 3121 3121
fif is laughin straight to the bank...
 05-25-2007, 06:53 AM         #15
Spookerrr 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CentsCuZ said:
How does it work then?

Where am I wrong?
LOOL Sonned
 11 years ago '06        #16
elmonto 
space
space
$5,413 | Props total: 2 2
ha..ha..ha.....ha..ha
 11 years ago '07        #17
MOTTAFOOKAH 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,570 | Props total: 1351 1351
Even tho I cant stand this n*gga's music... I cant knock his buisness hustle
 05-25-2007, 07:23 AM         #18
80sbabyent 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 om187 said:
are u serious? if my stock shares quadrupled i would def sell my shares cuz when are the chances of that happening again. cuz theres a bigger chance that it will loose value than for it to gain value like that. IT will most likely loose value after a couple of weeks.... the market fluxuates waaay too much for someone to keep a stock like that too long.
I think I woulda got kicked out of every finance class I took in college if I said somethin like that...a little profit taking is ok but the number one rule in investing is buy and hold.
 11 years ago '06        #19
King Dutch 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,424 | Props total: 18 18
After this deal he will be the richest rapper out there. Puff and Diddy will battle for second.
 11 years ago '04        #20
peto 
space
space
$2,386 | Props total: 55 55
 illathruz said:
He just got about as rich as Jay-Z and Puffy. I think before this, 50's estimated net worth was somewhere around $150 million.
yeah at the end of 2006 it was around $150 Million, I have the source but I can't find it now, anyone could just easily google 'richest rappers of 2006' or something similar though.

but yeah, that would put his net worth way up there. dude is definately a smart guy.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden visits Styles P at Juices For Life
59 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Another kind of thick- Blindian babygirl
21 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
😍Gyal you a walking trophy🏆🏆🏆
42 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Police have officially identified and indicated the 4 people involved ..
170 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jul 19 - even new yorkers cant afford an apartment in Toronto
101 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside *@**shots fired krayzie bone destroys 6ix nine
70 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jul 19 - Whoopi Goldberg told Jeanine Pirro to Ďget the f--k outí afte..
113 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside Android replacement in the works
11 comments
1 day ago
@tech
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy