May 25 - 50 Cent made $210-420 million over night?

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
31 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
91 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
211 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
80 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '04        #1
8454 pageviews
119 comments

CentsCuZ 19 heat pts19
space
space
$11,002 | Props total: 771 771
May 25 - 50 Cent made $210-420 million over night?

Coke seen buying Glaceau for $4.2 billion

Deal for vitamin water maker is scheduled to be announced on Friday.
May 25 2007: 6:23 AM EDT

NEW YORK (Reuters) -- Coca-Cola has approved the purchase of vitamin water maker Glaceau for $4.2 billion in cash and Coke stock, the New York Times reported on its Web site on Friday.

The deal was scheduled to be announced on Friday, the paper said, citing an unnamed executive involved in the talks.

Representatives for Coke and Glaceau could not be reached immediately.

Glaceau is 30 percent owned by India's Tata Tea, and is the No. 2 maker of enhanced water behind PepsiCo's (Charts, Fortune 500) Propel.

Glaceau sold 77 million cases last year, compared with Propel's 95 million, according to industry publication Beverage Digest.

The publication reported earlier this week that Coca-Cola had filed a premerger notification with regulators about a proposed purchase of Glaceau.

[pic - click to view]

http://money.cnn.com/2007 .. ion=2007052506

50 Cent Invests In Vitamin Water
By Nolan Strong
Date: 10/13/2004 7:57 am

50 Cent is diversifying and taking some of the money he earned from his multiplatinum album releases and investing in a beverage company.

Unlike his business counterparts who have invested in energy drinks and liquor businesses, the Queen's bred rapper bought a stake in Glaceau, the company that owns the Vitamin Water drink.

50 said he drinks the product on a regular basis, since he does not drink alcoholic beverages.

According to sources, 50 Cent will release his own line of drinks, a grape-flavored beverage called Formula 50.

Formula 50 will retail for $1.99 and while it hasn't been officially released, select stores in New York are testing the product.

Presently, 50 Cent is recording his second album, which was originally slated to be released this summer.

50 Cent scrapped the first recording of the album, fearing he hadn't outdone his major label debut, Get Rich or Die Trying.

[pic - click to view]

http://allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/?ID=3611

Issue Date: March 20, 2005

To coincide with this month's release of his new CD, beverage marketer Glaceau introduced a platinum label for its popular grape-flavored Formula 50 vitamin water. The drink, co-created by 50, has sold 10 million bottles since its October launch.

[pic - click to view]

http://www.usaweekend.com .. 0_50_cent.html

"It was real cool doing the vitamin water deal, because it was a privately owned company. You know how some companies allow employees to have stock options, They put out the stock and allowed me to buy into the company so that was a good deal. It has 50% of your daily vitamin intake in the drink. I’m health conscious and work out all the time anyways."

[pic - click to view]

http://www.murderdog.com/ .. nt/50cent.html

-----------------------------------------

50 Cent is rumored to own between 5 and 10% of this company which is about to be bought for $4.2 billion dollars. That comes to between $210 and $420 million. I guess he was serious about laughing straight to the bank. image

Edit: They revised the buyout to $4.1 billion from $4.2 billion.

Last edited by CentsCuZ; 05-25-2007 at 06:28 AM..

119 comments for "May 25 - 50 Cent made $210-420 million over night?"

05-25-2007, 06:06 AM         #2
smacked 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
cam and bohemia are two really mad dudes right now
 11 years ago '04        #3
m_cullins 62 heat pts62
space
space
$7,535 | Props total: 297 297
let get it
 11 years ago '04        #4
Rashad69 11 heat pts11
space
space
$8,174 | Props total: 2467 2467
Y'all really are silly if you think it works like this....no he didn't make 210 million over night...
 11 years ago '04        #5
CentsCuZ 19 heat pts19 OP
space
space
$11,002 | Props total: 771 771
 Rashad69 said:
Y'all really are silly if you think it works like this....no he didn't make 210 million over night...
How does it work then?

He bought a percentage of the company (Glaceau) via stock options. Coca-Cola is buying the company for $4.2 billion. Therefore, he will get a percentage of the payment (either in cash or via Coke stock) for the percentage of Glaceau that he owns.

If you're talking about the overnight thing, then ya, that might be a bit of an exaggeration since he bought a portion of the company 2 years ago... but the value of the company (and as a result, the value of the shares) did increase substantially, practically over night.

Where am I wrong?

Last edited by CentsCuZ; 05-25-2007 at 06:23 AM..
 05-25-2007, 07:05 AM         #6
dbunit 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
get that bread 50 good read
 11 years ago '04        #7
cormega74 16 heat pts16
space
space
$3,739 | Props total: 2556 2556
 CentsCuZ said:
How does it work then?
Where am I wrong?
You aren't wrong. That guiys worth just quadrupled. He won't even be selling his shares if he's smart. But his stock value just sky-rocketed.

Good article.
 11 years ago '06        #8
Nugen2384 
space
space
$3,573 | Props total: 0 0
"If n*ggas hate, then let em hate and watch the money pile up".......:D
 11 years ago '04        #9
collegeboy58 3 heat pts
space
space
$9,512 | Props total: 792 792
 CentsCuZ said:
How does it work then?

He bought a percentage of the company (Glaceau) via stock options. Coca-Cola is buying the company for $4.2 billion. Therefore, he will get a percentage of the payment (either in cash or via Coke stock) for the percentage of Glaceau that he owns.

If you're talking about the overnight thing, then ya, that might be a bit of an exaggeration since he bought a portion of the company 2 years ago... but the value of the company (and as a result, the value of the shares) did increase substantially, practically over night.

Where am I wrong?
 11 years ago '06        #10
beantown 74 heat pts74
space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
that's a lotta guap
 11 years ago '06        #11
illathruz 65 heat pts65
space
space
$6,505 | Props total: 2306 2306
He just got about as rich as Jay-Z and Puffy. I think before this, 50's estimated net worth was somewhere around $150 million.
 11 years ago '05        #12
Quddus 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$14,949 | Props total: 6186 6186
Got to admit the guy is a great business man.
 05-25-2007, 07:41 AM         #13
om187 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 cormega74 said:
You aren't wrong. That guiys worth just quadrupled. He won't even be selling his shares if he's smart. But his stock value just sky-rocketed.

Good article.
are u serious? if my stock shares quadrupled i would def sell my shares cuz when are the chances of that happening again. cuz theres a bigger chance that it will loose value than for it to gain value like that. IT will most likely loose value after a couple of weeks.... the market fluxuates waaay too much for someone to keep a stock like that too long.
 11 years ago '05        #14
ElQueHablaSucio 24 heat pts24
space
space
$2,273 | Props total: 687 687
fif is laughin straight to the bank...
 05-25-2007, 07:53 AM         #15
Spookerrr 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CentsCuZ said:
How does it work then?

Where am I wrong?
LOOL Sonned
 11 years ago '06        #16
elmonto 
space
space
$5,413 | Props total: 2 2
ha..ha..ha.....ha..ha
 11 years ago '07        #17
MOTTAFOOKAH 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,327 | Props total: 1121 1121
Even tho I cant stand this n*gga's music... I cant knock his buisness hustle
 05-25-2007, 08:23 AM         #18
80sbabyent 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 om187 said:
are u serious? if my stock shares quadrupled i would def sell my shares cuz when are the chances of that happening again. cuz theres a bigger chance that it will loose value than for it to gain value like that. IT will most likely loose value after a couple of weeks.... the market fluxuates waaay too much for someone to keep a stock like that too long.
I think I woulda got kicked out of every finance class I took in college if I said somethin like that...a little profit taking is ok but the number one rule in investing is buy and hold.
 11 years ago '06        #19
King Dutch 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,424 | Props total: 18 18
After this deal he will be the richest rapper out there. Puff and Diddy will battle for second.
 11 years ago '04        #20
peto 
space
space
$2,361 | Props total: 18 18
 illathruz said:
He just got about as rich as Jay-Z and Puffy. I think before this, 50's estimated net worth was somewhere around $150 million.
yeah at the end of 2006 it was around $150 Million, I have the source but I can't find it now, anyone could just easily google 'richest rappers of 2006' or something similar though.

but yeah, that would put his net worth way up there. dude is definately a smart guy.
Home      

most viewed right now
joie chavis
34 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
88 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
52 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Roseanne Revival Gets Premiere Date on ABC — Watch Season 10 Teaser
57 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who are these washed up niggas next to Drake?
66 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Ashamed Of Pixel Sales, Google Begins Hiding Pixel Launcher Install Count In P..
4 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
189 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New Pictures Of DG Yola In Jail
71 comments
2 days ago