Master P:I'm a TRUE entrepreneur;my boss is God not Jimmy Iovine

most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
132 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
46 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
118 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
70 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 05-21-2007, 07:02 AM         #1
5722 pageviews
104 comments

DINER0 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Master P:I'm a TRUE entrepreneur;my boss is God not Jimmy Iovine

May 20, 2007
Curtis Jackson's comment motivated me. There are a lot of immature people in the world. Oprah Winfrey is absolutely right, we need to grow up and be responsible for our own actions.

I paid for Curtis's first rap tour through the south. He was such a humble guy at the time. Most artists' mission is to sell records. My mission is to help save and change lives.

There's a lack of knowledge and false information out there. I could actually say Little Jay and Rap-A-Lot Records inspired my successful career and I will always respect them no matter what.

I wrote the blueprint for this generation. The only difference is there's no more honor and respect in the game.

Think about it: people in jail are not writing letters proclaiming to come out and do the same thing that landed them there in the first place. People in the hood don't want to stay poor for the rest of their lives. They want to change. Parents that really love their kids would rather sacrifice their own lives so that their kids could make a change to have a better life and a better education.

I'm glad that there are people like Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson and organizations like the NAACP that are out there f!ghting for our rights and dignity. I have finally realized that EVERY person is either a part of the problem or part of the solution and that is why I have decided to take a stand! I'm reaching out to corporate America to form an alliance for the sake of putting the value back into our communities by rebuilding and developing schools and businesses.

First of all, it's simply disappointing to see people that are in a position to help make a change just sit back and entertain the negativity. It's sad to see Steven Hill set all of these programming standards at BET, just to contradict himself for the sake of marketing dollars or artist performances in order to create the appearance of a successful award show. The record company with the biggest marketing check controls the music video stations so we need to go after the people who actually control these programming networks if we want real CHANGE.

I guess by taking a stand, my son and I will probably not be invited back to the BET awards. But it's O.K. I got love for BET; there are a lot of good people there. Hopefully, this will help people to see the real changes that need to be made. My son and I will sacrifice our airtime because this is bigger than us, this issue desperately needed to be addressed a long time ago.

There are four things that differentiate me from artists like Curtis Jackson. One, I can honestly admit that I was once part of the problem. Two, I don't want my son to grow up and be like me. I want him to be better and do better - and that is why he is taking the time to pursue a college degree. Three, money don't make me, I make money. My goal is to educate our people in building generational wealth and knowing how important it is to own real estate. Four, I'm a TRUE entrepreneur; my boss is God not Jimmy Iovine. From one brother to another, if you misunderstand my purpose you could always pick up the phone or talk to me in person. I'm trying to be part of the solution not the problem. The media thrives on entertaining, especially the negativity no matter what the cost. I'm praying for the brothers that are lost out there.

Throughout the years, I have lost so many relatives and friends. This year, I'd like to focus on the comedy movies because we need to laugh more. The first movie that I'm producing is "Black Supaman" and thereafter will be "The Mail Man" starring Tony Cox and myself. I'm setting up a book tour for "Guaranteed Success" and a Hip Hop Business class with financial expert Curtis Oakes for those seeking knowledge. I understand that I can't change the whole Hip Hop industry; I'm only trying to do my part. If you're real, be a part of the positive movement with Take A Stand Records.com Look for the first single "I Wanna Be Like You" from the album "Hip Hop History." I'm in negotiations with Wal-Mart and Target for direct distribution. Those are all examples of the positive difference I am trying to make in this industry.

I'm reaching out to my friends Shaquille O'Neal, Will Smith, Russell Simmons, Queen Latifah, Derek Anderson, Charles Barkley, Emmitt Smith, Beyonce, and Reverend Run to help contribute to this positive movement. I will also be holding a press conference with the president NAACP and will be able to answer any questions at that time.

I am not asking any other hip-hop or gangsta rap artist change what they do; that's how they make their money. Furthermore, I am not a preacher; I'm just telling the world what I'm doing and the changes that I am making because it's something I want to do. If that's sending mixed signals to people then they need to deal with their own conscience first.

[pic - click to view]

http://www.eurweb.com/story/eur33691.cfm

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by DINER0; 05-21-2007 at 07:05 AM..

104 comments for "Master P:I'm a TRUE entrepreneur;my boss is God not Jimmy Iovine"

11 years ago '05        #2
TCalico87 36 heat pts36
space
space
$1,384 | Props total: 45 45
He must have a gospel album coming out. He been talking to much lately for him not to promote something.
 11 years ago '04        #3
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
$4,465 | Props total: 293 293
Now that's some real talk.........fu*k 50 cent.
 05-21-2007, 07:14 AM         #4
Father Aftermath  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
But yet, 50 has his own clothing line, has put money into vitiman water, has a book and a video game out. But, no, hes not a entrepreneur
 11 years ago '04        #5
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
$4,465 | Props total: 293 293
The title is misleading, the message is greater than this 50 Cent crap. It should be changed.
 11 years ago '06        #6
pa_general 134 heat pts134
space
space
$6,856 | Props total: 557 557
never knew P could speak like that...
 11 years ago '05        #7
jay_keepitreal 
space
space
$109 | Props total: 0 0
Thats a really good look for Master P, it shows that alot of people who were protrayed and/or portrayed themselves as having no sense, actually have alot of it, and are completely aware of what they are doing and the message they are putting out to the world.

Much Respect for Master P, I just hope he lives up to his words.
 05-21-2007, 07:55 AM         #8
DINER0  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 VerballyAbusive said:
The title is misleading, the message is greater than this 50 Cent crap. It should be changed.
How is it misleading When Thats A Direct Quote....What would be a better title?
 05-21-2007, 07:59 AM         #9
!ALLMONEYENT!  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Well i dont know what dude is talking about 50 has contributed to numerous organiztions for kids and is working with Apple computers to create affordable computers for people in the hood....ummm I dont know what master P is on but dude you used this opportunity to get your name out there again and plug your movies you have coming up what does that say about him?
 11 years ago '04        #10
prolific1 
space
space
space
$209 | Props total: 0 0
 Father Aftermath said:
But yet, 50 has his own clothing line, has put money into vitiman water, has a book and a video game out. But, no, hes not a entrepreneur
50 Cent is a very intelligent & articulate brother. But he chooses to sell ignorance & death through his music. Which ultimately makes him ignorant.
 11 years ago '05        #11
rippac4 
space
space
$14,133 | Props total: 1050 1050
 !ALLMONEYENT! said:
Well i dont know what dude is talking about 50 has contributed to numerous organiztions for kids and is working with Apple computers to create affordable computers for people in the hood....ummm I dont know what master P is on but dude you used this opportunity to get your name out there again and plug your movies you have coming up what does that say about him?
be honest though 50 act like a kid instead of acting like a 30 yr. old man, how he tries to be hard by addressing P in front of the cameras & that gay a.ss beef with Cam'ron but anyway, hell 50 admitted years ago that P helped him out on the business side

Old School No Limit>G-Unit
 11 years ago '05        #12
Koltrane 
space
space
$348 | Props total: 0 0
real sh*t...dudes in the rap game need to act their age..u cant be rapping in your garage with goons and guns on 4 wheelers when you're pushing 40...thats wack...yall n*ggas that buy into 50s bullsh*t are lame.
 11 years ago '04        #13
Mysonne 1 heat pts
space
space
$14,831 | Props total: 2 2
OWNED

The Ice Cream Man > 50
 11 years ago '05        #14
JDschoolboi06 
space
space
$672 | Props total: 1 1
 Father Aftermath said:
Master P's Money >>>> 50's
 05-21-2007, 08:24 AM         #15
divine5  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Koltrane said:
real sh*t...dudes in the rap game need to act their age..u cant be rapping in your garage with goons and guns on 4 wheelers when you're pushing 40...thats wack...yall n*ggas that buy into 50s bullsh*t are lame.
You are right man its time for 50 to grow up.
 05-21-2007, 08:24 AM         #16
rocyaice  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
You let that article go over your head. Reread it. Fif doesn't own his own clothing line. Ecko owns his clothing line. He doesn't own Vitamin Water. Glaceau owns vitaimin water. He doesn't own his own video game. Akklaim or whoever produces that sh*t owns it. That's where Fifty and Master P were different. P owned his sh*t. He didn't have no Jimmy Iovine. He owned everything he put out and never used his own money to do it. Like dude said, he funded 50's first tour to ever come through the South. You think 50 got bread to do that sh*t?
 05-21-2007, 08:25 AM         #17
DINER0  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Uhmmm Well back in the day I remember 50 in one of his first XXL interview(PRESHADY/PRE "9"SHOTS) saying it be silly for Master P to talk about the hood anymore cause who would believe a millionaire talking bout shooting n*ggaZ,now he seems to doing that. He also diss Ja for singing & took his style & ran with it....

"fu*k That Beef sh*t,That sh*ts Played Out" Biggie "n*ggaZ Bleed Like Us"
 11 years ago '04        #18
ant30ant33 214 heat pts214
space
space
space
$11,813 | Props total: 4783 4783
bottom line is this down south buy majority of records.. MASTER P paid for 50 cent 1st down south tour.. 2nd off Nas also put 50 cent on tour with him years ago.. 50 isnt unaprreciative how he gonna diss Master P and P set the blueprint for all these rappers how too get money.50 will never sell more records than Master P if 50 wanna talk numbers... Master p was going platinum with low budget videos & no radio... if down south stop buying 50 records its a wrap for that boy he need 2 show respect too the legends in the game.. Master P is a legend in hip hop history rather you like him or not! STAY TRU 2 DA GAME!!!!! 85 PERCENT AND RECORD LABEL 15%.. P didnt ask priority records for million dollars he had his own million... So who really hustlin...

Last edited by ant30ant33; 05-21-2007 at 08:31 AM..
 05-21-2007, 08:31 AM         #19
DINER0  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ant30ant33 said:
bottom line is this down south buy majority of records.. MASTER P paid for 50 cent 1st down south tour.. 2nd off Nas also put 50 cent on tour with him years ago.. 50 isnt unaprreciative how he gonna diss Master P and P told all these rappers how too get money these dudes and 50 will never sell more records than Master P if 50 wanna talk numbers... Master p was going platinum with low budget videos & no radio... if down south stop buying 50 records its a wrap for that boy he need 2 show respect too the legends in the game.. Master P is a legend in hip hop history rather you like him or not! STAY TRU 2 DA GAME!!!!!
Huh?@Down south dont buy most albums,females do. other than that u right he need to respect those that helped him & the ones before him. Master P did his thing though like no other,but he did the Bay Area dirty taking the LuniZ steelo with the Ice Cream Truck & other dirty underhanded things. But he milked his 15 minutes of fame for all it was worth. But 50 outsold No Limit whole catalog he like 20 times platnium if im not mistaken..But Master P made more money, 80 cents out of every dollar he made.Now that pimping
 05-21-2007, 08:32 AM         #20
krzyboilace  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 rocyaice said:
You let that article go over your head. Reread it. Fif doesn't own his own clothing line. Ecko owns his clothing line. He doesn't own Vitamin Water. Glaceau owns vitaimin water. He doesn't own his own video game. Akklaim or whoever produces that sh*t owns it. That's where Fifty and Master P were different. P owned his sh*t. He didn't have no Jimmy Iovine. He owned everything he put out and never used his own money to do it. Like dude said, he funded 50's first tour to ever come through the South. You think 50 got bread to do that sh*t?
NOw THats real talk......an if n*ggas bring up master p filing FOR bankruptcy it was to protect his a.ssets.........smart man
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
158 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
91 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
20 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
98 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
78 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA LONZO BALL FULL HIGHLIGHTS DEBUT GAME IN NY GOES OFF FROM 3 POINT LAND :mj..
51 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Snippets of American Dream-Cole ft. Kendrick
46 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
73 comments
2 days ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy