May 12 - Mayweather WANTS Rematch With De La Hoya

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
61 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Tay K has signed a record deal with 88 Classic Records worth millions.
37 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
136 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
69 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 05-12-2007, 04:36 PM         #41
r a n c i d 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ROC da MIC said:
i hear you on that but mayweather uses his speed to stick n move

its not a spectacle we want to see but its effective 38-0

nobody wants to get hit
But in all honesty, the punch accuracy was about the same.

And Mayweather threw alot less punches, so you'd expect his punch accuracy to be very high, but it wasn't, most bounched off DLH's gloves.

I have no problem with clinical boxers who box and move, sh*t, i'm from Europe, i prefer technical boxers. But to me there's a big difference between a technical/defensive f!ghter, and a boxer who jogs around the ring on his backfoot all night afraid to commit himself to punches.

I think the very fact Mayweather was against the ropes a good 2 times a round will tell you his defense is nowhere near as good as people make it out to be.

Smiling everytime you get punched does not equal good defense, atleast not in my book
 05-12-2007, 04:40 PM         #42
r a n c i d 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CentsCuZ said:
Folks saying Oscar should have won obviously do not know a damn thing about boxing.

Mayweather said it best, "you don't score by pressuring... you score by offense and defense."
Offense and defense... That's what you call Mayweathers performance?

Absoloubtly fu*king laughable, firstly because he had little to no offense, and secondly because his so called defense was flawed from start to finish... he followed 3 rules throughout the f!ght

a)run myself against the ropes and into the corner like an amatuer
b)rock my head side to side in an attempt to look like i'm defending shots
c)smile after recieving combinations to look like his punches aren't effecting me

That's not defense.

.................................................. ........................

With that said. Mayweather certainly doesn't deserve his pound for pound #1 spot people give him. He might be the best on paper, but he certainly under performs in the ring
 11 years ago '05        #43
ChokeHold 11 heat pts11
space
space
$1,971 | Props total: 23 23
the way them 2 f!ght. they need to bring it back to 15 rounds. or even better 20 rounds, then we could even just maybe see a near knock down stumble
 11 years ago '06        #44
Cezaroh 1 heat pts
space
space
$10,242 | Props total: 1558 1558
that sh*t was a borring f!ght thank god i dint pay for it may weather dint want none and ran the whole night screw the rematch
 11 years ago '05        #45
DMT|B 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,113 | Props total: 516 516
part 2 cant wait!!!!!!!! mayweather wins once again
dt
 11 years ago '04        #46
CentsCuZ 19 heat pts19
space
space
$11,002 | Props total: 771 771
 r a n c i d said:
But in all honesty, the punch accuracy was about the same.

And Mayweather threw alot less punches, so you'd expect his punch accuracy to be very high, but it wasn't, most bounched off DLH's gloves.

I have no problem with clinical boxers who box and move, sh*t, i'm from Europe, i prefer technical boxers. But to me there's a big difference between a technical/defensive f!ghter, and a boxer who jogs around the ring on his backfoot all night afraid to commit himself to punches.

I think the very fact Mayweather was against the ropes a good 2 times a round will tell you his defense is nowhere near as good as people make it out to be.

Smiling everytime you get punched does not equal good defense, atleast not in my book
You obviously didn't see the punch-stats. ...and you're a hater if you don't think Mayweather's defense was good.

Punch Stats:

[CODE]Punches:
Oscar De La Hoya: 122 of 587 for a total of 21% landed
Floyd Mayweather Jr: 207 of 481 for a total of 43% landed

Power shots:
Oscar De La Hoya: 82 of 341 for a total 24% landed
Floyd Mayweather Jr: 138 of 241 for a total of 57% landed[/CODE]

De La Hoya threw 106 more punches and landed 85 less.

Source:
 11 years ago '04        #47
CentsCuZ 19 heat pts19
space
space
$11,002 | Props total: 771 771
 andremackassi said:
lol at n*ggas saying mayweather did nothing but run and shouldnt have won the f!ght when he landed more punches and had a higher accuracy than de la hoya.....
Thank you!! :applause: :applause:
 05-12-2007, 05:07 PM         #48
bgpapa2127 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Shoot i would love to see another f!ght why wouldn't de la hoya f!ght again and promote the f!ght and get another 30 mill he should of won the last f!ght with all the body shoots he threw.:banghead:
 11 years ago '07        #49
Young Ive 
space
space
$643 | Props total: 0 0
de la hoya will win if they box again
 05-12-2007, 05:18 PM         #50
S-DAWG 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
its all for the bank man
 11 years ago '04        #51
Calamity 8 heat pts
space
space
$11,025 | Props total: 1850 1850
IF THIS WAS f!ght NIGHT ON XBOX 360... De La Hoya Would have Won...
 11 years ago '05        #52
ChokeHold 11 heat pts11
space
space
$1,971 | Props total: 23 23
mayweather had maybe 5 punches all match that didn't any kind of damage. then he clams up on the ropes or runs around the ring. lil clinch here and there. how do u not deduct points for stalling like that. oscar said it best "if it wasn't for me trying to push it there would have been no f!ght"
 11 years ago '06        #53
BTiZZLe 
space
space
$2,791 | Props total: 15 15
f!ght was fu*king lame. mayweather is a bi*ch. after seeing the f!ght i wouldnt be scared to box him.. lil bi*ch n*gga.
 05-12-2007, 05:27 PM         #54
ROC da MIC 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i was there the atmosphere was great everyone hating on floyd
floyd did the job (not as clinical as people wanted but job done

backstage was crazy though especially at the after party
 05-12-2007, 05:36 PM         #55
r a n c i d 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Those punch accuracy numbers are WRONG.

You guys are fu*king stupid, turn off HBO. Every country from across the globe was joking on those compubox numbers after the f!ght.

They scored loads too many mayweather shots, they were scoring shots that bounced off his gloves.

I don't know about America, but outside of America hitting someones gloves does not go down as a punch.
 05-12-2007, 05:39 PM         #56
r a n c i d 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
And you mayweather-lovers need to stop lying to yourselfs.

Do you really believe that if Mayweather boxed like DLH, and DLH like Mayweather, that the decision would of been any different? The judges still would of scored in Mayweathers favour.

American judges are as pathetic as British referees... Only difference is British people recognise our referees suck, while you Mayweather marks are in denial about your judges... It's laughable
 11 years ago '06        #57
BTiZZLe 
space
space
$2,791 | Props total: 15 15
I seen the interviews after the f!ght.. mayweathers eyebrow was bruised up and de la hoya didnt have one mark on his face.. you could tell DLH was dissapointed this f!ght was a.ss. Yeah mayweather won and got his money but where is his pride? This is the main reason boxing is sh*t.. if this f!ght did ANYTHING it just made people think less of this sport. One of the biggest f!ghts in a long time and not one fu*king knock down.. this is pus*y sh*t.. they might as well of been slap boxing.
 05-12-2007, 05:48 PM         #58
r a n c i d 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 andremackassi said:
^get mad.......

PUNCH STATS: De La Hoya landed 122 of 587 total punches (21%) to 207 of 481 (43%) for Mayweather. De La Hoya was also busier but less accurate with his power punches, landing 82 of 341 (24%) to 138 of 241 power punches (57%) for Mayweather.

Not accurate, get mad:rolleyes:
 05-12-2007, 06:14 PM         #59
502forLife 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
there's never just one great f!ght the always go back for one more for the money.....There will be a rematch.
 11 years ago '07        #60
DA_NC_BOI 
space
space
$612 | Props total: 358 358
hell hopefully one of them will knock each other out or somethin but ill pay 2 c it again
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Get abused in an employee meeting brehs lol
48 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
105 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
74 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
274 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Dustin Hoffman Accused of Sexual Misconduct by 5 More Women, Includin..
36 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside F*ck That: Atlanta Businessman Breaks Down How Crazy Expensive Is It to..
65 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
179 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New Pictures Of DG Yola In Jail
66 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy