Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
19 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
45 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
37 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Pierre Bourne says he's responsible for Birthing Tekashi 69 Rap Career...
76 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #61
UknowWhatItIs  OP
space
space
$8,675 | Props total: 7 7
Tiger Tidbits:

*Quentin Groves says sophomore safety Aairon Savage is a player to expect step up and become a standout player this fall. He says that Savage, a redshirt sophomore, spends a lot of time in the video room studying game films so he can improve on identifying offensive formations. Groves says that he expects Savage to be “the quarterback of our defense.”

*Commenting on Auburn’s rebuilt offensive line, a major concern prior to spring practice, Groves says he isn’t worried about the group based on what he has seen in practice. He says even though the team lost four starters that “we are not bringing in freshmen to play.”

*Adam Herring’s former high school team, Shiloh Christian from Springdale, Ark., is staying here in Hoover to participate in a seven-on-seven passing camp at Hoover High School that starts today. Jason talked to the Shiloh Christian coaches who said that when Herring transferred from Little Rock High to Shiloh Christian for his senior season that the team’s overall intensity immediately went up a notch because of the intensity that Adam brought to the team. Shiloh Christian had a dominating 2006 season, going undefeated on their run to the state championship.

*Another note from the Shiloh Christian coaches is that they said Tommy Tuberville and Hugh Nall, who recruited Herring, did a “great job with Adam and they represented the university very well” in their dealings with the high school.

*On the subject of the passing camp at Hoover, a couple of talented in-state wide receivers will be there--Julio Jones of Foley and Dekendrick Moncrief of Prattville.

*One of the more interesting aspects of SEC Media Days is talking to writers from around the league I have known for many years. A lot of those folks mention to me that they really like Tuberville’s personality and wish their head coaches were more like the Auburn coach.

aaron savage a beast
 07-29-2007, 01:52 PM         #62
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 UknowWhatItIs said:
we didnt even offer Tyler Love.... if we dont land OL Mclain im going to be pissed

I'm surprised you guys didn't offer Love.
 10 years ago '04        #63
UknowWhatItIs  OP
space
space
 RakimAllahNY said:
I'm surprised you guys didn't offer Love.
i think they knew he was a bama commit from the get go and are going all out after Antoine Mclain from Anniston... we dont have any specific area we need to recruit besides a WR or 2 and a couple DL and DEs and a couple CBs and safeties... we had the #1 OL class last year so we just need 1 or 2 big name OL
plus Hugh Nall is one of the best OL coaches in the country so he can develop some of the rawer recruits
 10 years ago '04        #64
UknowWhatItIs  OP
space
space
BTW we do have the worst recruiting OC in the SEC... Al Borges... he probably couldnt convince his son to go to Auburn (full ride) if he was a 2 star recruit w/ no other offers.... luckily I think he recruits the areas in AL surrounding AU (like Montgomery and etc.) so he doesnt have to do much work

Last edited by UknowWhatItIs; 07-29-2007 at 01:58 PM..
 07-29-2007, 02:00 PM         #65
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yeah speaking of recruiting and WR's specifically

July 28, 2007

Jeffrey Lee
AuburnSports.com Editor

Related Links:
Five to Follow: QBFive to Follow: RBFive to follow: OL

Talk about it in The Bunker
Auburn has one WR commitment in its 2008 recruiting class in Orlando (Fla.) Dr. Phillips' Damion Allen, but the Tigers will likely recruit to add at least two more.

Auburn has already targeted some of the country's top recruits at the position and today AuburnSports.com brings to the forefront five recruits Tiger fans should keep an eye on until February.

Five to Follow: Wide Receivers

Darvin Adams

Kennesaw (Ga.) Harrison
6-foot-2, 185 pounds

Early Offers: Auburn, Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia Tech, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Mississippi State, among others
Recruited by: Will Muschamp
The competition: Tennessee
The Skinny: Adams appeared ready to make a commitment earlier this summer, but has since put it on hold as Tennessee has gotten more involved. He was set to decide between the Tigers and Vols following his UT visit in June, but has yet to make that decision. It could be coming very soon, though.
Adams on his recruitment... "Tennessee and Auburn are on top, those two stand out right now. It's pretty much between those two. I want to decide before school starts in August. I want to get it out of the way before my season."
Video Highlights

DeAndre Brown

Ocean Springs (Miss.) High
6-foot-6, 208 pounds

Scholarship offers: Auburn, Alabama, Florida, Georgia, LSU, Miami, South Carolina, Tennessee, among others
Recruited by: Don Dunn
The competition: LSU, Florida, Ole Miss
The Skinny: Brown is one of the most sought-after receivers in the country in 2008, and was recently in Auburn for the Tigers' final summer camp. Brown said he was impressed with what he saw on the trip, so much that he already plans to return in the fall. LSU and Florida likely the teams to beat, but Auburn could be the darkhorse in this race.
Quoting Brown on his Auburn visit... "I took a little tour around the athletic facilities. They are top-of-the-line facilities. Also, the stadium is pretty big. That's a lot of people to be playing in front of…I liked (Auburn). I think it's beautiful. I liked the campus. It's real nice and easy to get around. Auburn isn't too big of a town either. It's easy to get around and that's what I'm looking for…I had a lot of fun and I'd be fortunate to be able to get back up there during the season and see how things go. It showed me that I really needed to give Auburn a chance. I'll be back for a game in the fall."
Video Highlights

Harry Adams

Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) Dillard
5-foot-11, 171 pounds

Scholarship offers: Auburn, Florida, Ole Miss, Rutgers, Minnesota, among others
Recruited by: Eddie Gran
The competition: Florida, Minnesota
The Skinny: One of the fastest prospects in the country, Adams camped on the Plains last summer and has had the Tigers at the top of his list since. It even seemed he was closing in on a commitment, but that has since been postponed and he now says he'll wait until Signing Day. Florida has gotten into the mix and poses the biggest threat to keep the speedster away from AU. Adams has already visited both Auburn and Florida and plans to take official visits to both campuses in the fall.
Adams on his recruitment… "Auburn and Florida are probably 1A and 1B. They are tied at the top. I like Auburn a lot. I like it because a lot of Dillard players have gone up there and been successful."
Video Highlights

Jarmon Fortson

Columbus (Ga.) Carver
6-foot-3, 220 pounds

Scholarship offers: Auburn, Alabama, South Carolina, Kentucky, Louisville, among others
Recruited by: Hugh Nall
The competition: Clemson, LSU, Florida, Georgia
The Skinny: Fortson's quarterback, Deron Furr, committed to Auburn in June and many thought Fortson wouldn't wait long to join him. Fortson however continues to remain open and doesn't appear ready to make a decision. Either way, Auburn continues to be the team to beat.
Quoting Fortson on Auburn... "I grew up an Auburn fan. I've liked Auburn since I was a little kid. I grew up watching Auburn play. It's close to home and it's a lot like Georgia. They have good football tradition. Their players are hard-working, too."
Video Highlights

Deion Walker

Christchurch (Va.) School
6-foot-4, 185 pounds

Early Offers: Auburn, Alabama, Clemson, Tennessee, Southern Cal, Texas A&M, Virginia, N.C. State, among many others
Recruited by: James Willis
The competition: Wide Open
The Skinny: Walker was high on Auburn early, but said he thought the feeling wasn't mutual. He got a chance to visit the Plains earlier this month and left with a different impression. The Tigers are slowly working their way back into it for this five-star, and have a very important person in their corner, his mother.
Quoting Walker on Auburn... "I had a lot of questions about how interested they were in me because I hadn't talked to their coaches very much. I thought they weren't very big on me, but they told me they were and were happy I came by. They told me they were definitely still interested in me, which will make my mom happy because she wants me to go there."
Video Highlights

And don't forget about

Dekendrick Moncrief

Prattville (Ala.) High
5-foot-11, 175 pounds

Scholarship offers: Auburn (verbal)
Recruited by: Al Borges
The competition: South Carolina, Florida, Alabama
The Skinny: Surprisingly Auburn is the early team to beat for a Prattville prospect. Moncrief hasn't shied away from naming the Tigers his clear leader. The only thing keeping him off of AU's commitment list right now is a firm offer. He camped on the Plains earlier this month and could be getting close to that.
Quoting Moncrief on Auburn... "Auburn is first. They've won 33 games in three years. That's pretty good. Auburn is real nice. I really like the atmosphere and how the coaches treat the players. I think it's a very good program. They are my leaders right now."
Video Highlights

Up Next: The Offense

10 years ago '06        #66
Against D Grain 
space
space
$6,356 | Props total: 346 346
I think you guys will get McClain, Call me Crazy but I think he's gonna be better than Love for some odd reason. Hopefully I'm wrong
 10 years ago '04        #67
UknowWhatItIs  OP
space
space
a ha i finally got to prop my n*gga Ra.. good looks on that article..

come on Deandre put on the orange and blue and please come to Jordan Hare November 24th... then he will be a lock
 10 years ago '04        #68
UknowWhatItIs  OP
space
space
 Against D Grain said:
I think you guys will get McClain, Call me Crazy but I think he's gonna be better than Love for some odd reason. Hopefully I'm wrong
i agree with you but I think they both obviously have the potential... read on the bama board where a few fans are scared hes going to be another Chris Capps except Capps wasnt highly recruited... haha surely he wont be that bad
 07-29-2007, 02:07 PM         #69
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Five To Follow - Offensive Line

July 26, 2007

Jeffrey Lee
AuburnSports.com Editor

Related Links:
Five to Follow: Running backsFive to Follow: Quarterbacks

After signing the nation's No. 1 OL class in 2007, Auburn will be looking for a select few in '08. The Tigers currently have commitments from a pair of 6-4, 320-pounders in Jermarcus Hardrick and Jarien Moreland, guys who could play both guard and tackle, and will probably look to add at least two more in this class.

Auburn has already targeted some of the country's top recruits at the position and today AuburnSports.com brings to the forefront five recruits Tiger fans should keep an eye on until February.

Five to Follow: Offensive Line

Antoine McClain

Anniston (Ala.) High
6-foot-6, 317 pounds

Scholarship offers: Auburn, Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, LSU, Clemson, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, among others
Recruited by: Terry Price
The competition: Alabama
The Skinny: McClain recently narrowed his list to a final eight which included six SEC schools and a pair of Atlantic Coast colleges, but this one is likely to be an in-state battle. McClain visited Auburn in the spring and returned for camp two weeks ago. The Tigers have been high on his list since early in the process, and nothing has happened to change that. Auburn is in good position heading into the fall.
Quoting McClain on Auburn and OL coach Hugh Nall… "Coach Nall is a good dude. He definitely wants me to play for him. I like him because he wants you to be successful off the field, too. The camp was good. I had a lot of fun. I really like the coaching staff. They were really the first ones to start recruiting me. I like how it's a small city, too. There's not a lot to get you in trouble. They have good players, too. There were a lot of cool players that I talked to. They had a lot of good stuff to say about Auburn."
Video Highlights

T.J. Barnes

Enterprise (Ala.) High
6-foot-5, 320 pounds

Scholarship offers: Auburn, Alabama, Georgia Tech
Recruited by: James Willis
The competition: Alabama
The Skinny: Barnes isn't a stranger to Auburn. His father, Terry Jones, and cousins Randy Hart and Fred Baxter all played at Auburn. Barnes appears to be the next in line. The big, versatile lineman camped on the Plains earlier this month and could be close to making a decision. He's listed as an OL, but Barnes is a standout on both sides of the ball at Enterprise and could play defense in college if needed.
Barnes on his Auburn visit… "It was fun seeing the sites and seeing the stadium. I was walking around just imagining how my cousins and my pops played here. I just felt how my pops felt when he first came. He said it felt like home. That's how I felt."
Video Highlights

Barrett Jones

Memphis (Tenn.) Evangelical Christian
6-foot-5, 271 pounds

Early Offers: Auburn, Alabama, Tennessee, Florida, Clemson, Miami, Arkansas, Ole Miss, North Carolina, among others
The competition: Alabama, Tennessee
The Skinny: Jones' father played basketball for the Tide, but he's remain steadfast that it won't play a factor in his decision. Jones was busy in the spring and summer taking many trips around the SEC including two stops in Auburn. Jones also camped at AU last summer. He has yet to name a top five, but said he has a good idea of which schools are on there. Getting Jones on campus in the fall, possibly for an official visit, would be big for the Tigers.
Quoting Jones on his recruitment… "I have a top five, but I am not ready to announce it yet. I am going to announce it in August sometime and hopefully make a decision soon after that. If not, I will take some official visits, but I am undecided if I am going to do that."
Video Highlights

Kenneth Page

Columbia (SC) A.C. Flora
6-foot-4, 295 pounds

Scholarship offers: Auburn, Alabama, Clemson, Colorado, Florida, Florida State
The competition: Wide open
The Skinny: Page has been very active on the road this summer visiting many of his top schools including Auburn. He was in town two weeks ago for a two-day unofficial visit and appeared to be impressed with what he saw. He has yet to narrow down his list to even a top 10, but said he plans to in August, and the Tigers made a good case to be included.
Quoting Page on his Auburn visit… "Coach (Terry) Price gave us a quick tour of the campus (Friday), but we were there for most of the day Saturday and I was able to get a more detailed tour which was nice. Auburn has nice facilities and it was a good trip. It was a little bit hectic because they were getting ready for their camp on Friday and then actually having it on Saturday, but they showed me a good time. Their graduation rate is one of the top in the SEC which I liked and the football program speaks for itself. Auburn made a good impression."
Video Highlights

Cordy Glenn

Riverdale (Ga.) High
6-foot-6, 315 pounds

Scholarship offers: Auburn, Alabama, Florida, Georgia, LSU, Miami, South Carolina, among others
The competition: Alabama, Georgia
The Skinny: Another big offensive tackle prospect Auburn has been steady in its recruitment of. Glenn visited the Plains in the spring and has the Tigers in his latest top six.
Glenn on his recruitment… "I'm looking at Georgia, Alabama, LSU, Auburn, Miami and South Carolina the hardest. I haven't ruled out anyone yet, but those are the schools that I like the most. They are all pretty much dead even. I'm still doing my research. I haven't got any more visits set up this summer, and I'm not sure when I'm going to commit. I'm going to talk about that with my parents and see where we are. I'm looking for a school that stresses education but also had a great tradition and wants to win."
Video Highlights

And don't forget about…

Jermaine Johnson (re-sign)
Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas/Hargrave Military Academy
6-foot-6, 290 pounds

Scholarship offers: Auburn
Recruited by: Eddie Gran/Hugh Nall
The competition: Re-sign
The Skinny: Signed with Auburn in February, but will be headed to Hargrave Military Academy with the opportunity to re-sign with the Tigers in 2008. Johnson is a raw prospect having played just one year of high school football, but his potential is huge and the Auburn coaches hope to get him back with five years to play four.
Quoting Johnson on Auburn… "Coach Tuberville and coach Gran talked about me going to prep school. They said they would send me to prep school and then bring me in (in 2008). That sounded good. It's a good deal."
 10 years ago '04        #70
UknowWhatItIs  OP
space
space
^^^^^^ nice
 10 years ago '06        #71
Against D Grain 
space
space
$6,356 | Props total: 346 346
 UknowWhatItIs said:
i agree with you but I think they both obviously have the potential... read on the bama board where a few fans are scared hes going to be another Chris Capps except Capps wasnt highly recruited... haha surely he wont be that bad

Hell I dont think anybody could be as bad as Capps. I personally wanted to drive down to Tuscaloosa and slap the hell out of Capps myself last year....
 10 years ago '04        #72
UknowWhatItIs  OP
space
space
 Against D Grain said:
Hell I dont think anybody could be as bad as Capps. I personally wanted to drive down to Tuscaloosa and slap the hell out of Capps myself last year....
yea i think he was single handedly responsible for all 11 sacks on Brodie in the 05 game....
 10 years ago '04        #73
DaYoungDon_251 
space
space
$613 | Props total: 2 2
Poor Auburn they haven't gotten an in state recruit commit yet.....lmao!
When will they get one? September? October? December?

Roll Tide Roll!!
 07-30-2007, 06:24 PM         #74
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
July 30, 2007

Jeffrey Lee
AuburnSports.com Editor

Auburn signed 30 recruits in the 2007 class, a group rated No. 7 in the country by Rivals.com, but it appears the Tigers will be fortunate to have 20 qualify.

The Tigers received news Monday that four-star LB Eltoro Freeman did not qualify academically and will instead go the junior college route. He joins four-star RB Enrique Davis as the most recent casualties of Auburn's '07 class.

AP: Rivals.com
Freeman will begin his college career at JUCO.
As AuburnSports.com reported last week, Davis will enroll at Hargrave Military in the fall.

Of Auburn's 30 signees in February, six were sign-and-place prospects including Johnnie Lee Dixon, Brandon Earl, Carlton Johnson, Jermaine Johnson, Chris Zinn and Wilfred Journet.

Since then, Freeman, Davis and Tim Lamb have also been deemed ineligible to bring the total of non-qualifiers to nine.

It could be 10 by the end of the week should Nick Fairley fail to meet minimum requirements. Fairley is awaiting a test score.

Fairley, Ryan Williams and Chris Slaughter are the only three who remain in limbo regarding their eligibility status. Williams has been cleared by the NCAA and Auburn, but is awaiting final word from the SEC. Slaughter, a non-qualifier from the '06 class, has everything turned in but is awaiting final word from the Clearinghouse.

Kodi Burns, Josh Bynes, Wes Byrum, Quindarius Carr, Antoine Carter, Jared Cooper, Kyle Coulahan, John Douglas, A.J. Greene, Bo Harris, Adam Herring, Michael McNeil, Ryan Pugh, Chaz Ramsey, Mike Slade, Brent Slusher, Bailey Woods and Lee Ziemba have all been cleared and will officially report to the Plains Aug. 1. Most have been in Auburn this summer.
:applause: :applause:
 10 years ago '04        #75
UknowWhatItIs  OP
space
space
 DaYoungDon_251 said:
Poor Auburn they haven't gotten an in state recruit commit yet.....lmao!
When will they get one? September? October? December?

Roll Tide Roll!!
who cares where they come from they can beat the sh*t out of yall every year
 10 years ago '04        #76
UknowWhatItIs  OP
space
space
 RakimAllahNY said:
:applause: :applause:
yea just saw that ... damn were loaded w/ young talent at both positions but I wouldve really liked to see both of them (freeman and davis) in the orange and blue
 07-30-2007, 08:26 PM         #77
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yeah I hate that sh*t..
 08-02-2007, 03:11 PM         #78
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
August 2, 2007

Collin Mickle
Special to AuburnSports.com

Related Links:
Practice scheduleAU depth chart

Preseason practice is all about the unknown.

Which new players will step up? Which veterans will move into new roles? What subtle tweaks in the schemes have coaches cooked up over the summer.

Change is always in the air. And the first change of this year's two-a-days didn't take long.

Freshman Brent Slusher, who enrolled in January and participated in spring practice with the team, spent Thursday morning practicing with AU's defensive linemen. The Pineville, Ky., native was a tight end this spring.

AuburnSports.com
Slusher will work at weakside DE and some OLB this fall.
AU head coach Tommy Tuberville called the change "experimental," but admitted he'd like to see Slusher stay on defense.

"We need more defensive ends," Tuberville said. "He was more of a defensive guy."

Slusher played tight end and linebacker in high school, where he racked up 22 catches for 264 yards on offense and had 133 tackles and four sacks on defense. He was a first-team All-State selection as a linebacker.

He signed with AU as a tight end and spent the spring at the position, working behind senior Cole Bennett and sophomores Tommy Trott and Gabe McKenzie.

But with classmate Bailey Woods on campus for fall practice, Auburn suddenly has an embarrassment of riches at tight end. So AU's coaches are taking a look at Slusher on defense.

"He wanted to give (offense) a shot," Tuberville said. "Not that he couldn't play there, but we felt like he'd have a better chance getting on the field this year after going through a spring at tight end."

Tuberville said Slusher would practice at defensive end and outside linebacker, though he spent all of Thursday with the defensive linemen. The coaching staff expects the 6-foot-3, 217-pounder to gain 10 or 15 more pounds to handle the rigors of playing the defensive line.

It's still very early, of course — the Tigers won't practice in pads until Monday — but Tuberville said he was impressed by Slusher.

"I like what I saw today," Tuberville said. "He can run, he can jump. … It's kind of in the experimental stage right now."

Collin Mickle covers the Auburn beat for the Opelika-Auburn News.

:cash: :cash: :cash:
 10 years ago '04        #79
UknowWhatItIs  OP
space
space
^^^ just read that... im so pumped about the incoming Offensive lineman and LBs... .they gon be sick... they saying Bo Harris and Josh Bynes will get plenty of reps this year, said Harris might even end up starting at some point this year... Michael Mcneil already 2nd on the depth chart at SS, he'll get plenty of reps ..

we stacked with bad a.ss freshman OL.... people are saying Ryan Pugh might take over the Center position by mid season if he picks up the schemes and sh*t quick enough... also got Zeimba, Cooper, Ramsey, etc. (all beasts)... man less than a month away til we put a hurtin on K State... cant fu*kin wait

Tray Blackmon gon have the middle held down... kid is absolutely sick, just had a few personal problems he has taken care of... he was all over the field in the UF game last year

BTW they did the Miami team preview on Foxsports.com yesterday (they doing 119 teams in 119 days (foxsports aint great but it does talk college football)
 08-03-2007, 12:37 PM         #80
Darkside Ty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
7 non qualifiers including that Davis kid..ouch.
Home      

most viewed right now
DMV Niggas Get In Here (DC/MD/VA)
61 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
155 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now