The Official Auburn Tigers Thread

most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
55 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
306 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
22 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
85 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #261
UknowWhatItIs  OP
space
space
$8,675 | Props total: 7 7
 10 years ago '04        #262
UknowWhatItIs  OP
space
space
It may not be much of a secret, but Wesson (Miss.) Copiah-Lincoln DL Nick Fairley is going to keep it, at least for a little while longer.

Just give him a few days, though. That's all he wants. All he needs.

Fairley, expected to be one of the top JUCO d-linemen in the country this fall, will formally announce next week his plans to sign with a Division I school in February.

The now-6-foot-4, 285-pounder originally signed with Auburn in 2007 out of Williamson High School in Mobile. He'll likely do the same again this time around, but won't officially announce it until he's ready.

Fairley, at 285 pounds, was recently clocked at 4.7 seconds in the 40-yard dash.

That won't be long.

"I want to do it formally with my friends and family back in Mobile," said Fairley. "It'll be sometime next week."

Fairley, who'll be home for the summer break, redshirted last year at Copiah-Lincoln. He'll have three years of eligibility remaining at the Division-I level and projects as a December graduate, meaning he'll join his new team in time for spring practice.

Former Copiah-Lincoln DE Raven Gray did the same last year. Fairley's teammate, DE Wilfred Journet, also projects as a December graduate. Journet re-committed to Auburn Friday.

Fairley will play strongside end/defensive tackle this season at Copiah-Lincoln. He projects more on the inside at the next level.

"I want to get a little stronger, a little faster, work on my technique, get my footwork down pat, and get my grades right so I can graduate in December," he said.

Fairley was recruited out of high school by Auburn's James Willis. The Tiger a.ssistant, who recruits the Mobile area and is responsible for five of Auburn's first six commitments of the 2009 class, has kept in constant contact with Fairley.

"I talk to coach Willis almost on a daily basis. I'm always calling him to check in," said Fairley. "He just tells me to keep my head up, stay focused in class and be ready when December comes.

"The love the coaching staff at Auburn has showed me, especially coach Willis, and even the players, has really stood out to me. They said I could come in, work hard, and get some major playing time. That's something to look forward to. I'm also ready to play in front of a lot of folks, show my talents off."

And he'll announce where next week.

make that 3 beast JUCO players who will all have 3 years...
 10 years ago '04        #263
UknowWhatItIs  OP
space
space
After going without signing a quarterback in the class of 2008 and losing out to rival Georgia for the services of highly rated signal caller Aaron Murray, Florida is still in search of quarterback prospects in the hopes of adding a player at the position in the class of 2009.

With that in mind two Florida coaches along with a.ssistants from the other two instate powers paid a visit to Miramar (Fla.) High School in order to check in on four-star dual-threat quarterback Eugene Smith.

Rivals250 QB Eugene Smith
"Miami and [Florida] coach [Dan] Mullen and coach [Billy] Gonzales were over before we started practicing and [Florida State's] Jimbo Fisher was here the second day of practice."

Because the Gators and Hurricanes actually visited the high school of the Rivals250 member prior to the start of spring practice, they didn't have the chance to see him in action. However, according to Smith, that's okay, they know what he is capable of doing.

"They've seen me playing and throwing before. I have a verbal offer from Miami and a written offer from Florida already."

Despite the visits and the offers, the two instate programs find themselves in the same predicament according to the 6-foot-3, 180-pound Smith.

"I've started to break it down by looking at their rosters and I'm not afraid of competition, but there's no need for me to go where they already have quarterbacks stockpiled and I'll be a step behind."

While those two might be on the outside looking in, Smith did say that there are currently five programs leading the way.

"I have a top five of Auburn, Boston College, Michigan, Florida State and LSU, but it might change between now and summer," was Smith's response when asked about a leader board. "I'm starting to see some differences in all the colleges. I'm pretty sure it could go up and down."

Turning away from recruiting for a moment, Smith was more interested in focusing on spring practice.

"It's been very hot out there, but that hasn't kept coach from working us hard," replied Smith when asked about spring ball.

Another hot day filled with hard work is nothing new to Smith. Between spring practice, NIKE Camps and headlining a touring 7-on -7 squad, he doesn't get much time away from the sport.

"Football is year round for me. Even if I'm not practicing, I'm still working out or working on my throwing or doing 7-on-7's. I'm always busy with football in some way. I'm always working trying to stay on top of my game."

In that vain, this summer he will be spending time with his 7-on-7 squad participating in various tournaments including one held at Auburn in early June.
 10 years ago '04        #264
UknowWhatItIs  OP
space
space
AU, Tubs on national radar again
Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Uh, oh, you better hide the women and children. It seems people are saying nice things about Auburn again.

While there is justified enthusiasm among Alabama fans for the second season under Nick Saban, the national buzz seems to be directed toward another state school. All thanks to the jettisoning of enfant terrible of college quarterbacks LSU quarterback Ryan Perrilloux.

Suddenly, national pundits are rethinking their almost natural pick of the defending national champions to win the SEC West. Now, Auburn is the posh pick.

Paul Rhoads has a nice reputation as a defensive coordinator and it is a fact that Tuberville has been through defensive coordinators at a fast pace and has still maintained success. Rhoads is Tub's fifth defensive coordinator since the start of the 2001 season.

Tubs likes to brag that he's really the de facto defensive coordinator. Still, when you change any coordinator, let alone both sides of the ball, there is going to be some recession.

However, the schedule is favorable.

While last year's SEC road schedule was a death trap, this one has the most difficult two games at home LSU and Georgia. Auburn also has Tennessee and Arkansas at home and its most challenging road game will be at Alabama.

In other words, it's manageable.

A month ago, many looked at Auburn's schedule and saw the LSU game on Sept. 20 as a tossup. Now, with Perrilloux gone, conventional wisdom clearly shifts back to Auburn. That one game will likely be the difference in going to Atlanta for the SEC title game and staying home.

So the good news for Auburn is that this almost forgotten program is finally starting to get some ink, some much-needed national publicity.

And the bad news? That Auburn is back on the radar screen.

Regardless, this season presents Tuberville an opportunity to prove his program is still relevant while winning the SEC West and a trip to Atlanta. A possible seventh straight win over Alabama, which would push his lifetime mark against Saban to 5-2, is also possible. If all of that happens, the eyes of the nation will back on the Plains once again.

but we were never gone lil buddy
 10 years ago '04        #265
UknowWhatItIs  OP
space
space
Auburn or Clemson

Jeffrey Lee
AuburnSports.com Publisher

Marietta (Ga.) Lassiter's Philip Lutzenkirchen will be a Tiger.

And he'll announce of which variety Friday night at his spring football jamboree.

The 6-foot-4, 232-pound tight end, who picked up offers from all across the country, said he's down to two schools, and will be down to one by Saturday.

"It'll be either Auburn or Clemson," said Lutzenkirchen. "Our spring game got moved back to 8:15 (p.m. E.T.), and I'll make my decision sometime then. I may put on a hat or something like that."

Lutzenkirchen picked up early offers from Auburn and Clemson in addition to ones from Stanford, Florida State, Georgia Tech and Mississippi State among others. But in the end, Lutzenkirchen said, it came down to the two sets of Tigers.

"I liked both schools from the moment I set foot on their campuses," he said. "I was comfortable with both coaching staffs, they have great facilities, the players are nice, and I felt at home."

Lutzenkirchen won't play in the spring game because of a groin injury, but that won't take anything away from the night.

"I'm excited," he said. "I'm ready to do it. I've been waiting on this and working for this for a long time."

As a junior, Lutzenkirchen, playing in the spread offense, caught 46 passes for 496 yards and seven touchdowns. On defense, he tallied 48 tackles and an interception.
 10 years ago '04        #266
UknowWhatItIs  OP
space
space
Tigers Land Talented Tight End

Phillip Lutzenkirchen By Staff Reports
Inside the Auburn Tigers
Posted May 16, 2008

Auburn got good news on Friday evening with a four-star football prospect choosing the Tigers.

Marietta, Ga.--Philip Lutzenkirchen, a Scout.com four-star tight end from Lassiter High School, has made his college choice.

Lutzenkirchen announced on Friday night that he will sign with Auburn, picking the Tigers over offers from Clemson, Stanford, Florida State, Georgia Tech and others.

"I decided to go to Auburn," says Lutzenkirchen. "I have not told the coaches yet, but I have known for a while."

A talented prospect who is ranked as the number seven tight end in the country by Scout.com, Lutzenkirchen made several trips to Auburn during the spring. He says everything about Auburn appeals to him when making his decision.

"I have a real good friend who goes to school there," he says. "Every visit I have taken I have felt really good about it. I feel comfortable with the staff, and they run the same offense we run. Hopefully, I can catch on pretty quick."

"Sometimes you hear it's just Auburn, but they have really good academics," he added. "They have a beautiful campus and nice brick buildings. It's a nice little town."

Lutzenkirchen built a stong relationship with the Auburn coaching staff even before he was recruited because of his school's offensive system, based on Auburn offensive coordinator Tony Franklin's scheme.

"I was recruited by coach [Tony] Franklin and coach [Steve] Ensminger," he says. "My coach, Chip Lindsey, is good friends with Tony Franklin. I met him before he was at Auburn through my coach.

"Once Auburn offered I knew I was going there. Coach Ensminger is a real nice guy," he adds. "The coaches are easy to talk to. They didn't tell me things like other schools just to make me happy. They were straightforward with me.

“I can't wait to get there. I am glad it’s off my chest. I can tell these other schools I am not interested. I will probably go on my official visits, but I am not sure to which schools.”

Lutzenkirchen has spent time during the spring improving a few aspects of his game as his team finishes up spring practice Friday night. Despite being bothered by a hamstring proble, he said that he feels good about his progress heading into the summer.

“I feel like I got more familiar with the offense," he says. "I have definitely gotten better at running routes. We really focused on that.

"I am 6-4, 245-pounds," he adds. "I definitely want to keep my speed. I want down to 235 pounds. Hopefully, I can keep building muscle mass."

Inside The Auburn Tigers will have more on Lutzenkirchen's commitment as reporter Stephen Atkinson is on hand for the official announcement and will have a follow-up story.

Watch Video

Watch Video

10 years ago '04        #267
UknowWhatItIs  OP
space
space
Bryan Matthews
AuburnSports.com Publisher

Auburn has picked up a huge commitment from one of the top running back recruits in the country.

Cross City (Fla.) Dixie County's Rodney Scott informed the Tigers of his intentions to sign with them Thursday morning in a phone call to AU a.ssistant coach Eddie Gran.

"I committed this morning when I talked to coach Gran," said Scott. "I just felt like I could go to Auburn and fit in. I liked the coaching staff, I like the facilities and I just wanted to be an Auburn Tiger.

"I feel relieved. When I talked to coach Gran yesterday he was telling me about how many seniors he had leaving and it made me feel like I could go in and probably get some playing time my freshman year."

Scott said Gran was pretty excited when he heard the news. Gran and AU a.ssistant Steve Ensminger were responsible for recruiting Scott.

"Coach Gran said he almost ran off the freeway," said Scott. "I talked to coach Gran and coach Ensminger almost every weekend and our relationship got stronger every time we talked.

"He said my style of running is just like Cadillac Williams and some of the running backs he's coached."

The 5-foot-9, 185-pound Scott chose Auburn over offers from Ole Miss, Mississippi State, South Carolina, Clemson, Arkansas, Purdue and South Florida among others.

He said his final three came down to Auburn, South Carolina and South Florida.

Scott rushed for more than 2,000 yards as a junior.
"I felt in my heart that the Auburn coaches wanted me more and I wanted to go to Auburn," said Scott.

As a junior, Scott rushed for 2,017 yards on 250 attempts (8.1 avg.) and 20 touchdowns. Cross City head coach Brent Wilkerson thinks Scott will fit in well in AU's new spread offense.

"We run a little bit of spread here and we dot the I too," said Wilkerson. "He's versatile but he is a running back and runs a lot more physical than people think. They talk about how good his feet and hips are, which is good, but he also knows how to plant that foot, get upfield and attack people's inside shoulder.

"He hardly ever runs out of bounds and he's real durable. He's pretty punishing. He's 190 pounds of solid muscle."

Wilkerson said Scott has the intangibles that allow him to succeed on and off the field.

"He loves the weight room and likes to get stronger," said Wilkerson. "He has a good work ethic on the practice field. He hasn't missed a practice since he's been here.

"He's fun to be around and the kids like him. He's always joking and playing. Running somebody over in practice is funny to him. He has a good time out there."

Scott attended an Auburn Junior Day this spring and plans to return July 12 for a mini-camp.

"I think he liked Auburn from the get-go," said Wilkerson. "When he went up there and visited for Senior Day he sort of liked the town and the atmosphere. The thought of playing big-time SEC football seemed good to him."

Wilkerson said Scott is on track to be a qualifier.

"He's got to take the test one more time and he's basically one point away," said Wilkerson. "I don't see that being a problem at all."

Scott is the ninth verbal commitment in the Tigers' 2009 class.

10 years ago '04        #268
UknowWhatItIs  OP
space
space
:applause:

4 star ATH/WR James Green expected to announce he is committing to Auburn tonight.

The Tony Franklin System is our best recruiter

Nick Fairley a silent commit too.

10 years ago '05        #269
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
$54,085 | Props total: 6984 6984

10 years ago '04        #270
UknowWhatItIs  OP
space
space
 Junior G said:

nevermind that about Green
 10 years ago '04        #271
UknowWhatItIs  OP
space
space

Petey Smith Names a Leader

With offers from all over the country, Seffner (Fla.) Armwood linebacker Petey Smith has been inundated with visits and phone calls from coaches this spring.

Hoping to give himself a little breathing room, the 6-foot, 230-pounder has narrowed his list to five.

Smith is one of three Armwood prospects with Auburn offers.
"Basically, I narrowed it down to the five schools that have been showing me the most love," said Smith. "It's Auburn, Alabama, Louisville, Illinois and North Carolina."

Smith, who is rated a four-star and the nation's No. 18 inside linebacker by Rivals.com, said one of those five stands out above the rest.

"Auburn has to stand out," said Smith. "My brother is going there and they are really showing me the most love out of anybody. I talk to coach Greg Knox and have built a good relationship with him."

Smith's older brother, running back Eric Smith, signed with Auburn in February and is scheduled to report to the Plains June 8.

"I'm going up there when we take Eric up there and then I'm going back up for the camp on June 14th and 15th," said Smith. "Everybody is happy to see him move up and hopefully make a name for himself on the next stage."

Smith also plans to visit his other Top 5 schools this summer including North Carolina the final week of June. He is still in the process of setting up three more trips.

"I'm going to take the summer, go to the different colleges and see the things I like and see the things I don't like," said Smith. "Academics are a big thing and depth chart is a big thing too. I want to go somewhere that I can play early."

Smith said AU's depth chart is another big plus for the Tigers.

"I know they only signed one linebacker this year and next year they have a couple of them graduating so that might be a good situation for me," said Smith.

As a junior, Petey tallied 80 tackles and three sacks.
 10 years ago '04        #272
UknowWhatItIs  OP
space
space
Deron Furr moved to safety
 9 years ago '04        #273
UknowWhatItIs  OP
space
space
Petey Smith quotes after visiting and helping older brother Eric move in:

"I did go do some shopping. I went and bought a bunch of Auburn gear," he said. "It was a great trip. I liked everything I saw. I didn't have any complaints."

"I'd probably say Auburn is in the lead right now. The visit was great," he said. "The coaches showed me great hospitality. They aren't promising me anything and I don't want them to promise me anything. All I want is a chance, and they said I'd certainly get that. That's all I can ask for."

"I'll probably make a decision at the end of the summer, right before school starts," he said. "Right now, Auburn is at the top."

He would be a huge addition to our LB class
 9 years ago '06        #274
Against D Grain 
space
space
$6,357 | Props total: 346 346
Terrence Coleman DT 6-1/244 44
Raymond Cotton QB 6-4/216 12
Jonathan Evans LB 6-0/205 35
Nick Fairley DT 6-4/295 NR
Eltoro Freeman LB 5-11/218 NR
Harris Gaston LB 6-2/210 23
Andre Harris OL 6-4/327 35
Brandon Heavens ATH 5-10/165 34
LaVoyd James WR 5-10/175 83
Wilfred Journet DE 6-3/247 NR
Philip Lutzenkirchen TE 6-4/245 6
Aaron Moore OL 6-5/255 NR
LaDarius Perkins ATH 5-9/180 NR
Jamontay Pilson DT 6-3/265 32
Rodney Scott RB 5-9/185 6
Travante Stallworth ATH 5-10/180 NR

16 Commits before July, thats whats up, I see alot of speed on this list. Not alot of size though, You can tell Franklin that he's inthe SEC now, he doesnt have to steal recruits from Southern Miss/ Arkansas St anymore
 9 years ago '06        #275
Against D Grain 
space
space
^^ You think so, Not trying to hate or nothing, but I dont really see it. I do think he will be a solid player at Auburn
 9 years ago '05        #276
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
$54,085 | Props total: 6984 6984
Donald Ford to Auburn today....

9 years ago '06        #277
Against D Grain 
space
space
 Junior G said:
Donald Ford to Auburn today....

I saw you guys had offer him, and Clemson. I never heard of him until now. Havent seen his highlight film, but from the little bit a have read, seems like a nice pick up for them...
 9 years ago '04        #278
UknowWhatItIs  OP
space
space
 Against D Grain said:
I saw you guys had offer him, and Clemson. I never heard of him until now. Havent seen his highlight film, but from the little bit a have read, seems like a nice pick up for them...
6-4 205 runs 4.5... this class and last years class are going to be incredibly fast on both sides of the ball... Tubs has also recruited speed over size and the spread will recruit the fast prospects itself

yea Im sure were going to have a few de-commits but I like it... our 1st commit Terrance Coleman is going to be a beast

Tubs has got commits from 5 or 6 kids that he saw at our 1st camp that weren't even rated yet and not many scholly offers... 1 was CB Reggie Taylor out of GA who only had offers from teams like S Miss and Ark State.... a couple weeks later Rivals has him a 4 star

Tubs = one of the best talent evaluators in America... no doubt
 9 years ago '04        #279
UknowWhatItIs  OP
space
space
 P. Dedos said:
Philip Lutzenkirchen

real deal... somebody we wanted

definitely gon be a beast TE in the spread
 9 years ago '04        #280
UknowWhatItIs  OP
space
space
 Against D Grain said:
^^ You think so, Not trying to hate or nothing, but I dont really see it. I do think he will be a solid player at Auburn

How can u look at his videos and not tell he will be good. He is a hell of an athlete, catches anything near him, makes 1 handed catches look easy. He is a big physical WR and in the spread thats exactly what u need in a TE for our offense. I wouldn't worry Dedos aren't yall leading for Orsen Charles?
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
111 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
118 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
117 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
78 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
74 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
36 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
22 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
65 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy