22's on a 2004 Impala?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
47 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
168 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nobody pulling out of Jesenia Echeverria :noahohno:
29 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
126 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '04        #1
8256 pageviews
5 comments

yo0123yo 148 heat pts148
space
space
space
$3,681 | Props total: 251 251
22's on a 2004 Impala?

ok i see alot of people wit 22s on impala but i tried to put my bros on my car and they wouldnt fit, his were 22 x 8.5, what size do i need on my impala? also what offset do i need on it?

thanks

5 comments for "22's on a 2004 Impala?"

04-30-2007, 06:16 PM         #2
Nelson 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 yo0123yo said:
ok i see alot of people wit 22s on impala but i tried to put my bros on my car and they wouldnt fit, his were 22 x 8.5, what size do i need on my impala? also what offset do i need on it?

thanks

hey man, we dont get impalas down where im from, but we get the old ones, i really want a 1964 one day....

anyways im confused about why your saying it didnt fit....i a.ssume if you take the tire off the rim will slot on?

if your having problems turning or getting it on then its because the rim is too big for the iner walls of the fender 8.5 isnt massive but sh*t i dunno about newer sedans, maybe the sleek look has made the fender narrower....you can rectify this by boring out the inner walls of the fenders....make sure you put a lot of anticorision laquer on after because manufacturer likes to cut corners by not treating sheet metal they think wont be exposed....and doing this will expose it.

what car does your bro have?....ive seen cams with 24's so shouldnt be an issue to have 22's on.... might have to do some reworking of the fenders.

ez1

nelson
 04-30-2007, 07:53 PM         #3
LikeToStuntAlot 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 yo0123yo said:

thanks
I just took my 22's off and got some 24's bolted on.

You need a 22x8 or a 22x8.5...Ive even seen some 22x9...The thing you gotta make sure of is the offset. You will need a high offset 22...Anything +34 and up. You might need to use some quarter inch spacers in the back that go on the wheel hub to make the wheel and tire stick out a little farther from the suspension.

You might need to hit that strut cup up a little bit...Not even a quarter of an inch.

Its gonna be a tight f!ght. When I had my 22's you could fit a 1 dollar bill between the tire and that cup on the strut.

I used a 245/30/22, but you could use a 255/30/22...The only difference is the 255 is a little wider and might be a little taller.

You can get them on there without any lifting or cutting.

If you got any more questions just ask
 11 years ago '04        #4
yo0123yo 148 heat pts148 OP
space
space
space
$3,681 | Props total: 251 251
 LikeToStuntAlot said:

You need a 22x8 or a 22x8.5...Ive even seen some 22x9...The thing you gotta make sure of is the offset. You will need a high offset 22...Anything +34 and up. You might need to use some quarter inch spacers in the back that go on the wheel hub to make the wheel and tire stick out a little farther from the suspension.

You might need to hit that strut cup up a little bit...Not even a quarter of an inch.

Its gonna be a tight f!ght. When I had my 22's you could fit a 1 dollar bill between the tire and that cup on the strut.

I used a 245/30/22, but you could use a 255/30/22...The only difference is the 255 is a little wider and might be a little taller.

hey are you sellin them old 22s u had?
 11 years ago '04        #5
x Tha Arkitek x 59 heat pts59
space
space
$18,666 | Props total: 6791 6791
 Nelson said:
hey man, we dont get impalas down where im from, but we get the old ones, i really want a 1964 one day....

anyways im confused about why your saying it didnt fit....i a.ssume if you take the tire off the rim will slot on?

if your having problems turning or getting it on then its because the rim is too big for the iner walls of the fender 8.5 isnt massive but sh*t i dunno about newer sedans, maybe the sleek look has made the fender narrower....you can rectify this by boring out the inner walls of the fenders....make sure you put a lot of anticorision laquer on after because manufacturer likes to cut corners by not treating sheet metal they think wont be exposed....and doing this will expose it.

what car does your bro have?....ive seen cams with 24's so shouldnt be an issue to have 22's on.... might have to do some reworking of the fenders.

ez1

nelson

if it takes all this to make ur rims fit----do u really think its that good of an idea? cuz in the end all ur doin is f-ckin ur ride up----poop goes the re-sale value
 05-01-2007, 08:00 AM         #6
carden 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 LikeToStuntAlot said:

yo i think it's like that with most sedans when putting 22s cus i got a deville with 22s..and that joint can only fit a dollar between the tire and strut and i've seen like intrepids, and impalas wit 22s seems they all do the same deal...melt the wheel well down smooth it out so it dont come out then ...grind off a real lil bit on that cup bend the strut cup up on some even, and then cut the plastic trim back and 22s work...everytime i got 22x9.5 on my join and i have 255/30/22 and good deal is that new 255/25/24 tire i can get 24s to fit wit little work...which is nice. plus rims keep dropping in price this sh*t is going to get serious...but this stuntin folk know what he talken bout some these other bx cats you can tell they have no idea...
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
253 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
74 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
32 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
27 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
18 comments
18 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Boxden member addressing PORC & trolling accusations
43 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Maia Campbell Was Recently Spotted In Atlanta....
42 comments
18 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside My Local Newscaster Has The Biggest Damn Head That I've Ever Seen *Pause
92 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy