Michigan Wolverines

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
199 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
46 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside The 10 Worst Jay-Z Songs Of All Time
131 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
50 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 09-27-2009, 08:07 PM         #81
drumgangP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I didnt even know this thread was here. Been screamin for these n*ggas since birth. Lets go blue!

4-0,who cares if the haters are mad!
[pic - click to view]

8 years ago '06        #82
Honolulu Blue 32 heat pts32 OP
space
space
$17,448 | Props total: 1096 1096
 Bizarreagain said:
Michigan is garbage this year. This will be the first time the Michigan State Spartans beat Michigan back to back in 20 plus years.
they aren't garbage but you were right
 7 years ago '07        #83
ikelove179 
space
space
$439 | Props total: 1 1
12 days homies... then we return to our greatness!!!
 7 years ago '04        #84
Gmitch528 4 heat pts
space
space
$6,107 | Props total: 170 170
been awhile since i seen this thread...
 7 years ago '04        #85
Gmitch528 4 heat pts
space
space
man ima try to get the old folks back in here...
 7 years ago '04        #86
Gmitch528 4 heat pts
space
space

[video - click to view]

7 years ago '04        #87
Gmitch528 4 heat pts
space
space

[video - click to view]

7 years ago '04        #88
Gmitch528 4 heat pts
space
space

[video - click to view]

7 years ago '04        #89
Gmitch528 4 heat pts
space
space

Michigan football report 2010
Published: Monday, August 23, 2010, 11:24 AM Updated: Monday, August 23, 2010, 11:54 AM
Ryan Terpstra
Follow
Share this story
Story tools
I headed out to Ann Arbor to cover Michigan's media day. Had a chance to talk to players and coaches, and per usual, everyone is excited for 2010. Here are some thoughts from the press conferences and conversations I had with different players:
Rich Rodriguez: - Mike Martin has been one of the most consistent defensive linemen during practice. No surprise there. The guy is a big key for this defense.

- The QB competition is ongoing. They'll start to give more reps to the guy they think will start later this week. Rich Rod says he needs to keep reminding himself that Devin Gardner is still a freshman. He's very talented, the progress has been good since the spring, and he's in the mix.
- Michigan once again will play two quarterbacks this year. Decisions on who to play and when will be made by "feel" and game conditions.
- Rodriguez says he wants EVERY position to have two guys that they can play and win with. They aren't there yet with the whole team, but they are building depth and experience because they've played so many young players the last couple years.
- Austin White is no longer with the team. He would've redshirted this year anyways, and running back is a very deep spot.
- Speaking of running back, Rich Rod expects them to use 2-4 different guys per game. No one has really separated themselves as "the" guy.
- At cornerback, JT Floyd has made progress, and James Rogers is in the mix. All three freshmen (Christian, Talbott, and Avery) are getting looks.
- For the next two weeks, the freshmen don't have summer classes, just football. These next two weeks will be crucial to see who will contribute this year and who is headed for a redshirt.
- Craig Roh is just as fast as he was last year, and now he's playing at about 240 lbs. He'll be moved around a lot in the defense in terms of alignment.
- Cam Gordon has improved overall. He didn't have a great scrimmage last week, and they have yet to see him in a game. That's the case with most of their DB's outside of Floyd and Kovacs.
- The natural progression of Rich Rodriguez's system is noticeable. Guys who have been in the system for a few years are "getting it".
- Rodriguez says he feels the same pressure to win every year. He admits that while the last couple years had magnified it, there is always pressure to win and something to prove. He said that those who feel "I have nothing left to prove" can't get better.
- Kicking will be a concern. Kickoffs have been going better, but there is no set FG kicker. Freshman punter Will Hagerup is a stud. The only question surrounding him is experience; he has plenty of talent.
- UConn is big and physical. Rodriguez is familiar with them b/c of his days in the Big East. The team knows it's a big challenge and how important it will be to open the season with a win and also christen the "new" Big House.
- Brock Mealer will lead Michigan out of the tunnel on September 4th. Mike Barwis and his staff have been working with him tirelessly as he continues to deal with his injury and learns to walk again. It will be a very emotional moment for everyone involved.

Here are some conversations with various coaches and players from media day. Enjoy:
 7 years ago '04        #90
Gmitch528 4 heat pts
space
space

Video: SI.com guys debate Rich Rod's fate

BY STEVE SCHRADER
FREE PRESS SPORTS WRITER
Comments (2) Recommend Print E-mail Letter to the editor Share
At best, Michigan is going to be one of the Big Ten's also-rans this football season, according to SI.com, but you wouldn't know from the attention the Wolverines get in the Web site's conference preview.

And that's mostly because of that lightning rod, Rich Rodriguez.

Besides the bottom line -- predicting U-M will finish fifth in the Big Ten and go 6-6 -- SI.com devotes a special Stewart Mandel-Andy Staples video debate to the question, "Can Rich Rodriguez save his job?"

Staples: "Yes, but it's going to take some crazy circumstances. He's either going to have to win a whole bunch of games -- like eight, nine games -- or win some games and beat Ohio State. That beating Ohio State thing is probably more important than anything else."

Mandel: "I don't see it happening, unless there's dramatic improvement by their defense or unless Denard Robinson really is the next Pat White.

"You're looking at, best-case scenario, seven or eight wins. And between that and the NCAA sanctions, and just the general animosity there seems to be toward him in that town and around that campus, I just don't see him surviving."

So the answer is maybe.

The preview selected six key games -- three nonconference, three conference -- and U-M is in two:

• Vs. Connecticut: "If Rodriguez wants to start rebuilding enthusiasm in Ann Arbor, he needs to win the school's first game in the remodeled Big House."

• Vs. Michigan State: "In what could be a benchmark game for both programs, the Spartans look to build on their first two-game winning streak over Michigan in 42 years."

Quick Hits

• Michigan also will open its new U-M Soccer Stadium with a women's game against UDM at 7 tonight.

• Northern Ireland golfer Rory McIlroy, talking Tiger Woods and Ryder Cup with AFP News: "I would love to face him. Unless his game rapidly improves ... I think anyone in the European team would fancy their chances against him."

Read more: Video: SI.com guys debate Rich Rod's fate | freep.com | Detroit Free Press
 7 years ago '04        #91
Gmitch528 4 heat pts
space
space
Michigan's Rich Rodriguez: Team is hungry, motivated

By MARK SNYDER
FREE PRESS SPORTS WRITER
Comments (33) Recommend (2) Print E-mail Letter to the editor Share
The Michigan football team may be one of the nation’s great mysteries, with so many young players.

That, and the past two years’ on-field struggles, compiling an 8-16 record, have led many analysts to point to this season as critical for the Wolverines and coach Rich Rodriguez.

“I feel the same pressure every year," Rodriguez said at today’s U-M media day. “Do we have more to prove? I mean, how much do you have to prove? I think you have to prove a lot every year. I've always felt that way. … I think our team is as hungry as you could have it. But I don't think necessarily it's just because of the last two years, but that's heightened our sense of urgency. Sure it has.

“We all want to win, don't we? We all want to win. Nobody wants to win more than us.”

U-M center David Molk was asked if this team is motivated and angry at the dissenters.

“Very motivated, I don’t know about angry -- you don’t see anyone here pissed off head-butting the wall,” he said. “But we’re very, very motivated team, we’re ready to go and look forward to the season.”

He said that drive has shown up in the extra work the players are putting in on their own, more than any year in the past, he said. He estimated 75% of the team is voluntarily putting in addition workouts.

“Extra running, extra everything -- it’s actually amazing,” he said. “I’ve never seen it before, I’ve never heard that -- out of any other team. I have friends on other teams and this is something different."

Read more: Michigan's Rich Rodriguez: Team is hungry, motivated | freep.com | Detroit Free Press
 7 years ago '04        #92
Gmitch528 4 heat pts
space
space
Secondary coach isn't crying about Michigan's inexperience
Angelique S. Chengelis / The Detroit News
Ann Arbor -- Michigan defensive backs coach Tony Gibson admits he feels as though he's been quickly aging this preseason.
Gibson, who works with the free safeties and cornerbacks, has a dozen young, inexperienced players, and now he's dealing with a position group that recently lost one player to transfer and more importantly, starting senior cornerback Troy Woolfolk to injury.
"It's like having kids all in diapers right now, instead of one in diapers and one a teenager," Gibson said Sunday during media day.
Advertisement

He said he stayed in the office until 1 a.m. Sunday looking at film.
"What we're doing, how we're doing it, why we're doing it," Gibson said.
He probably didn't get much sleep a week ago, either, after Woolfolk left practice with a dislocated right ankle and broken fibula in that leg.
Now, Michigan is left with one cornerback, J.T. Floyd, who has made two college starts.
"We can't sit around and feel sorry for ourselves because no one else is going to feel sorry for us," Gibson said. "It makes you sick just to see a kid (like Woolfolk) that works so hard to put the time in and was ready to go have a great year and that thing happens.
"It's a sick feeling for your whole football team, not only for the position group and for the defense, but for everybody."
The Wolverines will rely on youth in the secondary, particularly at corner.
Freshmen Cullen Christian, Courtney Avery and Terrence Talbott will be expected to contribute, along with senior James Rogers and walk-on Tony Anderson. Teric Jones, a sophomore, played at safety during spring practice but had some playing experience at cornerback last season.
At safety, Cam Gordon, a converted receiver, likely will start -- he made the position switch before the spring -- and freshmen Marvin Robinson, Ray Vinopal and Josh Furman also could see playing time.
While the players have been enthusiastic and working hard, Gibson said, it is impossible to manufacture experience.
"The problem when you have this many young kids who have never played is the little things you have to keep hitting on," Gibson said. "Where you have experienced guys, they kind of get the little things. Once they get to a certain point, you don't have to coach them on certain things. Right now, I've got 13 guys I've got to coach on everything that goes into it. The kids are working and they want to be good."
Michigan defensive coordinator Greg Robinson has said the defense has been simplified, but what more can Gibson do?
"If we get any more simple, I don't know what we're going to be able to do," Gibson said. "We can't just play one coverage and do that kind of thing.
"These other teams we're playing, they have scholarship kids. They're not going to say, 'OK, Michigan's young back there, we're not going to throw at them.'
"They're going to come after us with everything they have, so our kids have got to be ready."
With Woolfolk out, leadership in the secondary has fallen to Floyd, who is upbeat and ready. Gibson said Floyd arrived for camp in great shape.
"I've always prided myself on working extremely hard and being prepared for any situation I'm thrown in," Floyd said. "I look forward to the challenge of stepping up.
"We have a lot of guys who are hungry and ready to accept the challenge and step up.
"We're a hard-working group, even though we're a young, inexperienced group. We've gelled together, and I expect big things from us."
Connecticut at Michigan
Kickoff: 3:30 p.m. Sept. 4, Michigan Stadium, Ann Arbor
TV/radio: ABC or ESPN/WOMC, WTKA
2009: Connecticut 8-5, Michigan 5-7

From The Detroit News:
 7 years ago '04        #93
Gmitch528 4 heat pts
space
space

[video - click to view]

7 years ago '04        #94
.Mase Da Rula.|M 1 heat pts
space
space
$25,670 | Props total: 177 177
I am back..... HAIL TO THE VICTORS
 7 years ago '04        #95
daboahmiz 
space
space
$1,657 | Props total: 171 171
shouts to gmitch for bringing a nig back............
forgot all about this.........
if we can go atleast 7-5 and win a bowl game, i'll feel we made progress...........
can't wait!
but what the hell they doing moving the OSU game from the last regular season game? and splitting the most storied programs in the conference up?
 7 years ago '05        #96
The_Legend23 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,379 | Props total: 0 0
idk about denard as the starter, but we shall see. if R2 sucks again its new coach time
 7 years ago '04        #97
Gmitch528 4 heat pts
space
space
They said hes been lookin good... but id rather have tate cause hes done it in game situations... welcome back yall
 7 years ago '04        #98
JBeezy 1 heat pts
space
space
$13,932 | Props total: 405 405
The best video I've seen BY FAR:

[video - click to view]

Maybe after we start winning again we'll actually wear Maize instead of this highlighter yellow crap
 7 years ago '06        #99
Honolulu Blue 32 heat pts32 OP
space
space
$17,448 | Props total: 1096 1096
arent the stadium renovations supposed to be done this year? cant wait to see em
 7 years ago '04        #100
Gmitch528 4 heat pts
space
space
Blame adidas... i hate adidas...
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
14 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
15 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
33 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
33 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside Rick Rossí Longtime Manager Black Bo Has Died
47 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
48 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
63 comments
2 days ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy