Michigan Wolverines

most viewed right now
+66  99
31 comments @thotties
most viewed right now
69 comments @hiphop
most viewed right now
50 comments @hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

11 years ago '04        #26
.Mase Da Rula. 1 heat pts
space
space
$25,670 | Props total: 182 182
cheaaaa..where da hell is the U of M fans at.....

11 years ago '04        #27
space
space
Michigan TE Carson Butler reinstated after being cleared of a.ssault charges
August 21, 2007

ANN ARBOR, Mich. (AP) -- Michigan tight end Carson Butler has been reinstated to the team after being cleared of charges of attacking a student on St. Patrick's Day.

Butler was released from the team in March after being accused of a.ssaulting the student but was acquitted in July.

ADVERTISEMENT
Coach Lloyd Carr said Tuesday he decided to allow Butler to return after the judicial process had played out.

"Because of that, I just felt it would be extremely unfair not to give him another opportunity," Carr said during a news conference. "What he's trying to do is do some things he's been asked to do and so we'll see how that works out."

Butler started the final six games of last season, finishing fourth on the team with 19 receptions.

He was charged along reserve defensive back Christian Richards, who was convicted of a.ssault and sentenced to six months' probation. He was released from the team in March.

Michigan begins its season Sept. 1 at home against Appalachian State.

Updated on Tuesday, Aug 21, 2007 2:31 pm, EDT

11 years ago '04        #28
space
space
Five star's goals are about team
By Rick Kimbrel, Recruiting Analyst – Rivals.com

Five-star running back Darrell Scott (6-2, 215, 4.43) from Ventura (Calif.) Saint Bonaventure has approximately 70 offers on the table. He's definitely going to be able to punch his ticket to any school he wants to attend. You would think that with that type of recruiting pressure on him it would be hard for the talented running back to focus on anything else but recruiting. But that's not the case.

Scott has his mind on football and is totally centering on his team.

"We're at hell weak right now," Scott said. "We're just trying to get crisp and get ready for the season.

ADVERTISEMENT
There were questions about Scott's back all those have been answered as Scott is up to full speed.

"I went to therapy and my back is in good shape," Scott said. "Practice is going really good.

"We show up at 5:00 AM and leave at around 7:30 PM," Scott said. "It is like how things are done in college.

"We go to a classroom and get down all things we need to get down," Scott said. "Like what we need to do offensively, defensively and on special teams.

"I'm still trying to ignore recruiting and focus on my senior season," Scott said. "My goal is to go the state championship.

"I'm not interested in any personal goals," Scott said. "I'm not a selfish player. I just want our team to win and if that means splitting the carries with my good friend, Patrick Hall that would be great.

Scott does have a very loose top eight schools right and when you have 70 some odd offers things could change quite quickly, but for the moment his top eight schools are in no particular order are LSU, Florida, Florida State, Miami, Colorado, Texas, Michigan, USC and UCLA.

Just because Scott has put recruiting on the back burner doesn't mean he hasn't though what schools he's going to take official visits to.

"I'm still way open regarding schools but I want to visit Florida and Colorado for sure," Scott said. "I want to visit with Josh (his uncle Josh Smith now a freshman at Colorado).

"I'm probably going to visit UCLA," Scott said. "I'm pretty interested in them. I'll probably visit Florida State and I want to visit Texas, too.

There are many very good reasons why Scott is such a highly coveted running back. He has a lot of things you can't teach and has the mindset to perfect the things you can coach.

As a junior, Scott was an all-state selection after rushing for 3,194 yards and 45 touchdowns while averaging 9.5 yards per carry. Scott rushed for just under 2,000 yards as sophomore when he rushed for 1,988 and 19 touchdowns with an average of 6.8 yards a carry in 2005.

Besides Scott's rushing talents, he prides himself in being the complete back, one who will block and catch in addition to his running responsibilities.

Scott was selected to the Rivals.com Rivals100 for the class of 2008 landing as the nation's No. 4 prospect at any position.

Rivals.com ranks Scott as the nation's No.1 running back in the class 2008 and he's a member of the Rivals.com California Top 100 team named as the Golden State's No. 1 prospect at any position.

Updated on Wednesday, Aug 15, 2007 12:47 pm, EDT

11 years ago '04        #29
space
space
Wolverines trio of Hart, Henne and Long hope to end season well for a change
By LARRY LAGE, AP Sports Writer
August 18, 2007

ANN ARBOR, Mich. (AP) -- Mike Hart, Chad Henne and Jake Long might be the best running back, quarterback and offensive tackle Michigan has ever had.

Assuming they stay healthy, Hart and Henne likely will leave the nation's winningest football program as record-holders in rushing and passing and Long will probably be one of the top picks in the 2008 NFL draft.

ADVERTISEMENT
On the other hand, if they goes 0-for-4 against Ohio State and in bowl games, the drought would diminish their legacy.

"It's fair to say that," Long acknowledged. "No matter what type of season we have, people are going to look at what we do against Ohio State and our bowl opponent."

Hart, Henne and Long could've skipped their senior season, and the scrutiny that will come with it, to play in the NFL.

Instead, one by one, they chose to come back for another chance to beat the Buckeyes in November, graduate the next month and close their careers in perhaps the Rose Bowl or the BCS national championship game.

Michigan coach Lloyd Carr called Henne into his office the day after losing at Ohio State last year, wanting to know his plans for 2007.

"He said, `Are you coming back?"' Henne recalled. "I said, `There's no reason why I wouldn't. I want to graduate and I want to win a championship.'

"It would've been too tough to swallow going out without wins against Ohio State or in a bowl game. I'm just glad we have one more shot to go out the way we want."

Hart was the next to make his decision and Long was last.

"It's great when you have two guys coming back with you like Chad and Jake," Hart said. "You don't have to worry about them messing up."

Their unified choice made Michigan a popular pick to win the Big Ten and contend for the national title.

Hart is coming off a fifth-place finish in the Heisman Trophy voting. Henne has started each of the 37 games the past three years. Long continues to draw comparisons to former Wolverine greats, now blocking in the NFL, such as Jon Runyan of the Philadelphia Eagles.

"They make life a lot easier for me and Rio (Mario Manningham) on the outside," receiver Adrian Arrington said. "Defenses have to worry about Mike running the ball, about Chad passing the ball, and Jake taking care of anybody that comes near him."

The 5-foot-9, 196-pound Hart is the smallest of the terrific trio, and is by far the most boisterous. He talks, smiles and jokes around constantly and has provided an emotional spark since he cracked the starting lineup in his fifth game and finished the season as the third true freshman to lead the Big Ten in rushing.

Henne started off quiet when he was the surprise starter in the 2004 opener. Slowly, he has developed enough confidence to lead with his mouth and to carry a Louis Vuitton bag -- instead of a backpack like most of his teammates -- into news conferences on game days.

Long is perhaps the most businesslike player of the three and endured the scariest moment in college.

Shortly after going to bed the night the Detroit Pistons won the 2004 NBA title, Long woke up coughing because his room was filled with smoke as the off-campus house he lived in was going up in flames. He kicked the screen out of his window and jumped onto his friend's parked Bronco.

Henne is thankful the trio is still around to share stories and dreams.

"I can definitely appreciate it and I'm trying not to let everything fly by," Henne said. "I think it speaks volumes about the three of us that we wanted to come back to win a championship and to graduate."

Even though Hart, Henne and Long are winless against the Buckeyes and bowl opponents, it's tough to put the blame squarely on them.

Behind the Long-led line, Hart ran for 142 yards and three touchdowns and Henne threw for 267 yards, two scores and no interceptions when No. 1 Ohio State outscored No. 2 Michigan 42-39 last season.

However, Hart was held to 76 yards on 27 carries in his first two games against the Buckeyes while Henne combined to throw three TDs and two interceptions in the 2005 and 2004 matchups.

The shifty and slippery running back ran for just 47 yards against USC in the Rose Bowl after being held to 83 and 74 yards in his first two bowls. Henne, meanwhile, has combined to throw nine TDS and just two interceptions in the postseason.

Long and his linemates did not provide Henne with much protection against the Trojans, leading to six sacks and several hits as he threw.

Each of the stars has room to improve and Michigan offensive coordinator Mike DeBord knows they are up to their respective tasks.

"Mike can maximize his ability to read holes and plays; Chad has to put to use the strides he's taken as a leader; Jake can use his hands in pass-protection much better," DeBord said. "A lot of guys with their talent come back as seniors and they're distractions because they're thinking about themselves and their future.

"That's not the case with any of them. They're great people and true Michigan men, who are going to graduate and continue to make this university proud."

That will be true, DeBord insisted, even if they leave Michigan without a victory against Ohio State or in a bowl game.

"I wouldn't make those two games the final measurement for them," he said. "But that is one of the standards around here. I think it says a lot that they came back as a group to take another shot at it, knowing that was going to be hanging out there all year."

Updated on Saturday, Aug 18, 2007 12:01 am, EDT

11 years ago '04        #30
DramaKing 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,282 | Props total: 14 14
I hope our defense will hold up.

09-01-2007, 10:14 PM         #31
dj mannie fresh 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
whats the fu*kin point man. what?!! i put my whole life into that fu*kin program i wore the draws tee shirts and everything. i remeber me and my cousin made a pack in 90 to ride for the program till the death. and the death has come. i gave this program ( i cant even bear to say the name) 20 years of my life man. 20 fu*kin years for what? pure embarrasement thats what. unlike the majority of the bx i bleed this sh*t which we call sports to the depths of my being man. and i just cant do it anymore man. i can not be humiliated like this. i aint no bi*ch a.ssed n*gga. i done put in too much work in my day i done rolled too many heads and i was a legend in the day. i never faced humiliation and i wont now. it was good and bad bx but atleast it was. peace sportcenter truly

Last edited by dj mannie fresh; 09-01-2007 at 10:15 PM..

11 years ago '07        #32
TH35 112 heat pts112
space
space
$91,270 | Props total: 19038 19038
enlighten me cuz i dont know what you're talkin about?!

09-01-2007, 10:19 PM         #33
Tempus # 1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
fake a.ss fan. why you gotta jump off the bandwagon just because things are tough right now. a real fan would stick by his/her team

09-01-2007, 10:22 PM         #34
I Know Nothing 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I dont even know what he talkin bout

11 years ago '06        #35
25toLife 
space
space
$4,177 | Props total: 11 11

09-01-2007, 10:23 PM         #36
dj mannie fresh 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 25toLife said
michigan bro

09-01-2007, 10:24 PM         #37
I Know Nothing 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dj mannie fresh said
michigan bro
Well my n*gga look at the brightside, with his stats today Mike Hart is atleast still a contender in the heisman race.......

09-01-2007, 10:30 PM         #38
dj mannie fresh 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 I Know Nothing said
Well my n*gga look at the brightside, with his stats today Mike Hart is atleast still a contender in the heisman race.......
that n*gga along with mario and henne only came back for a ring. they had a special about it on the news last week. fu*k the heisman when ur the laughing stock of football. our name means sh*t anymore now. the season aint even worth playing.

09-01-2007, 10:31 PM         #39
Tempus # 1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by Tempus # 1; 09-01-2007 at 10:32 PM..

09-01-2007, 10:32 PM         #40
dj mannie fresh 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Tempus # 1 said

[pic - click to view]

i stand behind every word you height impared brainless fu*k. get big lil bi*ch n*gga and get outta that country a.ss mindset. you post slavery set back

09-01-2007, 10:33 PM         #41
dj mannie fresh 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
damn you get a lot of hate just off being dumb as fu*k

09-01-2007, 10:34 PM         #42
Tempus # 1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dj mannie fresh said
i stand behind every word you height impared brainless fu*k. get big lil bi*ch n*gga and get outta that country a.ss mindset. you post slavery set back
you mad?

[pic - click to view]

11 years ago '05        #43
killacali86 
space
space
$2,167 | Props total: 31 31
yea man. they have me hella mad. now i gotta listen to y n99as talk ish tomorrow. i mite "sucka punch that h0e" if they say somethin.

HOW CAN MICHIGAN possibly bounce bak from this. they lost to applehatin state. WTF!!!!!!!!!. im hella hot cuz.

11 years ago '05        #44
BoSox84 
space
space
$21,184 | Props total: 26 26
Damn Appalachian State just ethered Michigan's season. Say good bye to any respectibility

09-01-2007, 11:56 PM         #45
feardafoot 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Somebody delete this thread. Go Mountaineers

09-02-2007, 12:41 AM         #46
full-time 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Oh well, Michigan is still better than the lions......
at least.....

Go Blue (Crying in beer)

09-02-2007, 01:11 AM         #47
don jaun 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ouch....heart breaker

09-02-2007, 01:35 AM         #48
-Scar- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Damn Y'all Took The Toughest Setback Of ANY TEAM

EVER.........

Y'all Could Run The Board Here On Out ANd Still Not Have A SHot At The Title Now

09-04-2007, 10:32 PM         #49
Bigdawg76 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Man some people in this Thread need a Hug......Damn

11 years ago '04        #50
Phreaky41 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,358 | Props total: 2 2

[pic - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
+44online now  28
Who's The Baddest Black Actress In Hollywood I Say It's Rochelle Aytes
35 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+35online now  25
Video inside First look at Sonic the Hedgehog in his upcoming 'live-action' movie an..
95 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+133online now  22
The Best Pancakes Of The 90's
272 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  17
Video inside Wesley Pipes on Doing Scene With 76-Year-Old (Y'all knew about this sh-..
131 comments
19 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+16online now  13
Image(s) inside Samsung Embarassingly Teams Up With A Fake Supreme 💀💀
23 comments
19 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
online now  12
Dec 10 - Teacher Fired For Refusing To Call Female Student by Preferred Pronouns
143 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
-100online now  11
NBA NASA RESPONDS with PURE ETHER to STEPHEN CURRY SAYING the MOON LANDING was..
269 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+18online now  11
Video inside Dec 11 - Build my wall or I'll shutdown the Government
114 comments
19 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy