NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
34 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
57 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
84 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '05        #481
K.B.  OP
space
space
$3,942 | Props total: 260 260

[pic - click to view]

Posted by JC Shurburtt
LSU has picked up a commitment from Under Armour All-American safety Craig Loston (Aldine, Texas/Eisenhower

"He's going to LSU, his mind is made up," Eisenhower coach Ray Evans told ESPN affiliate TigerGumbo.com. "I don't think it is switching away from LSU. That's pretty much what he has told me."

The Tigers beat Texas A&M, Texas and Oklahoma on the former Clemson commitment.

Sources indicated a week ago that Loston's commitment to the Bayou Bengals was imminent. He will now join their recruiting class with fellow Under Armour All-American and good friend Russel Shepard (Houston, Texas/Cypress Ridge).

The Tigers continue to raid Texas for top talent. One of the Tigers' ace recruiters, Larry Porter, was the lead coach on Loston.

:greetings10:
 9 years ago '04        #482
Aftashok 
space
space
$8,321 | Props total: 53 53
all i wanna say is fu*k Ryan Perrilloux....
 10-27-2008, 05:14 PM         #483
g.o.a.t91 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Aftashok said:
Forreal....couldve been great

And now Les Miles is talking about playing true freshman QB Jordan Jefferson :applause:

Last edited by g.o.a.t91; 10-27-2008 at 05:16 PM..
 9 years ago '05        #484
K.B.  OP
space
space
 Aftashok said:
yea that n*gga fu*k us over big time. we went from a reloading season to a rebuilding one. that n*gga couldnt play defense tho and this is the worse defense i have seen in 6 years. terrible.

Last edited by K.B.; 11-08-2008 at 08:16 PM..
 11-08-2008, 07:30 PM         #485
g.o.a.t91 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The defense was actually pretty decent today, just this fu*king dude Lee, keep losing games for us and Miles keeps putting him in the game, idk what Miles is thinking.

And fu*k Ryan Perilloux :finger:
 9 years ago '05        #486
K.B.  OP
space
space
n*ggaz is going crazy on the post show on the radio. lee is the worse qb in LSU history. this is a wash of a season in my eyes. if jordan jefferson is starting for the troy game im will be thinking lee has some kinda dirt on miles.
 9 years ago '05        #487
K.B.  OP
space
space
n*gga is gonna be a straight beast next year. he might pull that number 1 spot from lee next spring.

9 years ago '05        #488
K.B.  OP
space
space
LSU is #2

Commits:18 ESPN150 Commits:10 Top Prospect:ATH Russell Shepard

The much-anticipated addition of S Craig Loston (Aldine, Texas/Eisenhower), a Clemson defector, only adds to the premier talent base of this class. LSU's three top-ranked commitments -- No. 1 S Loston , No. 1 ATH Russell Shepard (Houston/Cy-Ridge) and No. 3 OT Stavion Lowe (Brownwood, Texas) -- all hail from Texas. Top-5 DT Chris Davenport (Mansfield, La.) leads the way among in-state recruits, along with fellow top 100 prospects CB Janzen Jackson (Lake Charles, La./Barbe) and DT Joshua Downs (Bastrop, La.). ESPNU 150 RBs Dexter Pratt (Navasota, Texas) and Michael Ford (Leesville, La.) are legit high-carry backs in Baton Rouge.
 9 years ago '05        #489
K.B.  OP
space
space
Election Day has come and gone. Barack Obama was elected the new president of the United States in a historic election. While the presidential voting grabbed the headlines, it was not the only voting going on. We also asked you, the fans, to cast your vote for whom you think is the No. 1 football recruit in the nation.

The presidential election saw a record number of voters turn out, and we were very pleased with the response our fan poll got. You, the recruiting fans, exercised your right to be heard and here are the results.

Just last week, we made changes to our ESPNU 150 and crowned a new No. 1 overall player, Russell Shepard (Houston, Texas / Cypress Ridge). It seems that SportsNation agrees with that decision; the LSU recruit grabbed 51.6 percent of the vote. The No. 1 athlete was the clear favorite, winning with a big margin over the second-highest vote getter. Although many Americans seem split between Republican and Democrat, we seem to stand united in thinking that Shepard is currently the best player in the nation.

The second-place finisher is an interesting one. Running back Trent Richardson (Pensacola, Fla. / Escambia) pulled in 27.3 percent of the vote and was clearly the fans' choice for that second spot -- he finished 19 percentage points ahead of the third-place vote getter.

At one time, the Alabama recruit was ahead in the polls, and he campaigned hard until the very last second by producing another outstanding performance this past weekend, rushing for 351 yards and three touchdowns. Initially there was some shock when our first rankings had Richardson so high -- he was just outside the top 10 -- but now it seems fans think that his jump up to No. 5 in the nation is not high enough. As the season wears on, Richardson seems to be gaining support, and it is likely we have not heard the last of him. This Under Armour All-American likely will be a major player for that No. 1 spot as we continue to work toward national signing day.

In another interesting turn, our former No. 1 player, quarterback Matt Barkley (Santa Ana, Calif. / Mater Dei), finished third, grabbing only 8.1 percent of the vote. Barkley has been widely considered one of the top prospects in the 2009 class for a while after his great junior campaign. After being on top and in the spotlight for so long, it's possible there was a bit of backlash from fans.

Barkley is experiencing some bumps in his senior season, but he is still an excellent quarterback with a wonderful mixture of ability and polish. We imagine Barkley will remain in the race for the No. 1 spot until the end. Also, remember that Barkley will get to compete with the top two vote getters at the Under Armour game in Orlando this year. So this is far from settled.

Lastly, there wasn't much love for defensive prospects in the top five. Linebacker Manti Te'o (Honolulu, Hawaii / Punahou) got 6.4 percent of the vote and edged out cornerback Dre Kirkpatrick (Gadsden, Ala.), who garnered 6.3 percent. We thought both would do better, but it seems that you, the fans, are a more impressed at this point by the offensive skill guys. Remember what they say, though, folks: Defense wins championships.

Well, we really appreciate you exercising your democratic right and voting. We are very pleased with the current state of the ESPNU 150. As always, we are continuing to evaluate and update the rankings, and we appreciate seeing what you have to say. God bless America and college football recruiting
 9 years ago '05        #490
K.B.  OP
space
space
I don't think he will recover mentally from this from the way it seems.

Offensively, the Tigers don't believe in their quarterback play. They absolutely have no faith in Jarrett Lee, whose season has completely devolved into disaster. Lee was non-functional on Saturday, and when he injured an ankle which likely will end his season one could make a case that it was the best possible thing to happen to him. Lee has come back so many times from his own mistakes this year it has been truly amazing, and it's entirely possible had he not been hurt he might have been able to do it again (unlikely, but it has happened before). But at that point in his career, Lee looked like a guy who simply needed to sit down and decompress.

I'm told that the pressure and the adversity this year have frayed Lee emotionally, so much so that at this point he goes to class, goes to practice and goes back to his room - and that's it. He even eats his meals in his room from what I understand.

I hate to hear stuff like that, and I think some of this is a real testament to the effects you can derive from "fans" acting like a.sses rather than support their players during tough circumstances. But be that as it may, as much as you can feel for a guy who has gone through what Lee has gone through this year it's a real concern that a guy who's your starting quarterback should be reduced to hermit status. It's sad, and one can only hope that Lee can rebound from this next year.
 9 years ago '04        #491
Aftashok 
space
space
$8,321 | Props total: 53 53
 K.B. said:
yea that n*gga fu*k us over big time. we went from a reloading season to a rebuilding one. that n*gga couldnt play defense tho and this is the worse defense i have seen in 6 years. terrible.

maybe, but how much better do you think our defense could be if our QB wasn't constantly putting us back on the field with little-to-no rest after a 3-and-out or a turnover?
 9 years ago '05        #492
K.B.  OP
space
space
December 15, 2008

Montgomery's Seven Stretches Coast To Coasts

By Phil Kornblut

Greenwood DE Sam Montgomery (6-5 240) suffered a toe injury in the Monday morning workout at the Shrine Bowl and did not practice in the afternoon. Once the swelling goes down, Montgomery will be able to return to practice. As for his recruiting, Montgomery has a final seven of USC, Clemson, Michigan, North Carolina, LSU, Tennessee and Oregon. He does not plan to take official visits to the in-state schools, and he explained his reasoning for that Monday afternoon. "They are always going to stay on me to the end but what it comes down to is I have five schools I wanted to go see that I'm very highly interested in in making my decision," Montgomery said. "From those seven I'll break it down some more and hopefully go from there. I have to take my five official visits first to see if there's not anything else that I'm missing out on because there is more opportunity out there." Montgomery said he will try to take unofficial visits to USC and Clemson if he can work them in around his official visits. Montgomery said he has sound logic for choosing the five he did for officials. "Basically, they all give me a possibility to play at an early start," Montgomery said. "They all give me an opportunity to play as a freshman coming in." And Montgomery said he's not afraid to go across the country to Oregon to play college football because the school offers what he wants. "I love their business program," he said. "They have a very good network in place so if I were to get me a business degree at that place, you know, it's not only about football, it's about business. I'm looking at this from more of a friendship position but I'm looking at this more from a business perspective." Montgomery said there is a clear cut leader right now. "LSU is the team to beat," he said. "LSU is my leader. I like (defensive line coach) Earl Lane, I like him a lot." Montgomery said he doesn't plan to make an announcement until Signing Day.
LSU's struggles this year compared to last have not deterred him one bit. "To tell you the honest truth, it means some people can come in and play for them. I like the idea of being a guy that can come step in and lead LSU to another national championship.
Per Rivals. dude would be a nice pick up. we really need more speed on defense and i would like if we could pull him.
 9 years ago '05        #493
K.B.  OP
space
space
John Chavis, whose attacking defenses were the backbone of some of Tennessee's best teams under Phillip Fulmer, is trading Rocky Top for the Bayou.

Multiple sources have told ESPN.com that Chavis has agreed in principle to become the new defensive coordinator at LSU and that the deal is expected to be finalized later this week.

Sources told ESPN.com that Chavis' deal is for multiple years and will pay him more than $500,000 annually. Chavis earned $340,000 last year at Tennessee.

LSU faces Georgia Tech on Wednesday in the Chick-fil-A Bowl at the Georgia Dome in Atlanta.

The Tigers (7-5) struggled defensively this season and head into the bowl game ranked 11th in the SEC in scoring defense and ninth in total defense. They gave up 30 or more points in each of their last three games.

LSU coach Les Miles has maintained that there wouldn't be any changes to his defensive staff until after the bowl game, but he has openings. One of the Tigers' co-defensive coordinators, Bradley Dale Peveto, has already been named the head coach at Northwestern State, while the other co-defensive coordinator, Doug Mallory, is reportedly leaving to become the defensive coordinator at New Mexico.

Chavis, 52, spent the last 14 seasons as Tennessee's defensive coordinator. The Vols, despite their struggles on offense this season, ranked fourth nationally in total defense.

In nine of Chavis' 14 seasons as the Vols' defensive coordinator, Tennessee ranked among the top three in the SEC in total defense. Miles got an up-close view of Chavis' work during the 2007 SEC championship game, when Tennessee held the eventual national champion Tigers to just one offensive touchdown.

Chavis, a Tennessee graduate, remained extremely loyal to Fulmer and turned down several opportunities to leave Tennessee, including NFL jobs with the Indianapolis Colts, Houston Texans and Atlanta Falcons. He also was wooed by former South Carolina coach Lou Holtz earlier this decade.

But with new Tennessee coach Lane Kiffin bringing his father, Monte Kiffin, along to coordinate the Vols' defense, Chavis was not retained and he immediately became a hot commodity on the open market.

New Clemson coach Dabo Swinney also offered Chavis the Tigers' defensive coordinator position, but LSU came through with a more lucrative offer.

There is a chance Chavis will bring either Dan Brooks or Steve Caldwell with him to LSU. Brooks coached defensive tackles at Tennessee and Caldwell defensive ends.

glad to see miles is trying to fix this fu*kin mess he made. maybe we can finally get some star linebackers now since dude knows how to develop talent.
 9 years ago '05        #494
K.B.  OP
space
space

[pic - click to view]

By Glenn Guilbeau

ATLANTA – New Orleans Saints defensive line coach Ed Orgeron is expected to join LSU’s staff as its highest paid a.ssistant coach with the title of a.ssociate head coach along with recruiting coordinator and defensive line coach.

"I’d be shocked if he doesn’t take it,” Bobby Hebert, a lifelong friend of Orgeron and a teammate of his at South Lafourche High and at Northwestern State, said Tuesday night.

“LSU definitely stepped up to the plate and gave him what he wanted," Hebert said. "He’s going to be one of the highest paid a.ssistant coaches in the country.”

Orgeron, a former Ole Miss head coach and USC recruiting coordinator, is expected to make as much or more than new LSU defensive coordinator John Chavis. Both are expected to make more than $500,000 a year. Orgeron could be in the $600,000 range, Hebert said.

“LSU wants to take care of him,” said Hebert, a former Saints quarterback who is a talk show host for WWL Radio in New Orleans and has a son, T-Bob Hebert, on the LSU team. “That’s why he’s going to be recruiting coordinator and a.ssociate head coach. Ed is in Destin now talking to his wife and kids about it. Staying in Louisiana and getting back to college football was very important to him.”

Orgeron did not return a call to his cellular phone Tuesday night.

LSU is planning to announce its new staff in its entirety either on Friday or early next week, according to sports information director Michael Bonnette, who has not confirmed the hiring of Chavis or Orgeron.

LSU coach Les Miles was asked about Orgeron and his newly forming staff Tuesday.

“I really don’t want to talk about new coaches at this time,” he said. “We have a game to play. But that's a good question.”

LSU defensive co-coordinator Bradley Dale Peveto became Northwestern State's new head coach last week and will leave LSU after the Tigers play Georgia Tech in the Chick-fil-A Bowl on Wednesday night, and fellow defensive co-coordinator Doug Mallory is expected to also leave for the defensive coordinator job at New Mexico.

Earl Lane is the present coach of the defensive line, which underachieved during LSU’s 7-5 season, while Josh Henson is LSU’s recruiting coordinator and tight ends coach. Henson has helped put together a recruiting class for 2009 that is No. 1 in the nation, according to Rivals.com. Orgeron, however, has been known for years as one of the nation’s best recruiters as he helped build USC into a national power as its recruiting coordinator from 1998-2004. He was unsuccessful as Ole Miss’ coach from 2005-07, going 10-25, but he did recruit well there. Orgeron became the Saints defensive line coach last January following his firing by Ole Miss.

A Galliano native, Orgeron originally signed at LSU with late coach Charles McClendon in 1979 out of South Lafourche High but eventually transferred to Northwestern State, where he was a defensive lineman from 1981-84. He was a graduate a.ssistant coach at Northwestern State and McNeese State before becoming a strength coach at Arkansas in 1986-87. He coached the defensive line at Miami from 1988-92 but had to enter a domestic violence counseling program.

Orgeron left Miami, regrouped and became the linebackers coach at Nicholls State in 1994. He moved on to Syracuse to coach the defensive line from 1995-97 before getting the USC recruiting coordinator post.

LSU will nowhave two former head coaches on staff - offensive coordinator Gary Crowton, the former head coach at Brigham Young and Louisiana Tech, and Orgeron.

we should now see top 3 recruiting classes every year for a while :dancingcool:
 9 years ago '05        #495
K.B.  OP
space
space

[pic - click to view]

01/05/2009
by

Note: Comments from Les Miles below:

BATON ROUGE -- John Chavis, a veteran defensive coordinator with 20 years of experience in the Southeastern Conference, has been tabbed as LSU’s defensive coordinator, head coach Les Miles announced on Monday.

“John Chavis is a tremendous coach who has had a great deal of success over a long period of time in the SEC,” LSU coach Les Miles said. “You look back at what he’s been able to accomplish defensively at Tennessee over the past 14 years and it’s hard not to be impressed.

“Year in and year out, his defenses at Tennessee have been among the best not only in our conference, but nationwide. He’s going to bring to LSU a style of coaching and an ability to relate to our players that will breed success. We are excited to have him on board.”

Chavis, who spent the past 14 years as the defensive coordinator at Tennessee, has established himself as one of the top defensive coaches in college football. In 14 years as the defensive coordinator for the Vols, Tennessee ranked among the top four in the SEC in total defense 10 times.

Furthermore, during his 14 seasons as the defensive coordinator with the Vols, Tennessee won at least nine games 11 times, reaching double-figures in victories eight times during that span. Tennessee won a school-record 13 games on its way to capturing the BCS National Championship in 1998. The Vols had 11 wins 1995, 1997, and 2001 and they won 10 games in 1996, 2003, 2004, and 2007.

The Vols also participated in 12 bowl games since the 1995 season, including three appearances in BCS bowl games. The Vols made appearances in the SEC Championship Game five times during Chavis’ tenure as defensive coordinator, winning the league title in 1997 and 1998.

Some of the highlights during his career with the Vols include leading the SEC in yards allowed (236.6) and scoring (14.3) in 1996; two years later during their national championship run, the Vols ranked No. 2 in the SEC in total yards allowed, passing and rushing yards allowed and scoring defense.

Tennessee was first in the SEC in rushing yards allowed in both 2000 and 2001, holding opponents to 74.3 and 85.3 yards, respectively. The Vols again led the SEC in rushing defense in 2005, limiting opponents to 82.5 yards a contest. Since the 1995 season, only Florida has led the SEC in rushing defense more times (4) than Tennessee (3).

Despite a 5-7 mark in 2008, Tennessee’s defense was not only among the best in the SEC, but also one of the top units in the country. The Vols ranked No. 2 in the SEC and No. 3 in the nation in total defense, allowing 263.5 yards per game. The Vols were also No. 2 in the league and No. 4 in the nation in pass defense with 160.4 yards per contest.

Other coaching accomplishments for Chavis at Tennessee include coaching four linebackers to first-team All-America honors in Leonard Little (1997), Al Wilson (1998), Raynoch Thompson (1999) and Kevin Burnett (2004). All four of those players were selected in the NFL Draft with Wilson being a first round selection. Chavis also coached Jerod Mayo, who was the 10th player taken in the 2008 NFL Draft and recently named as the 2008 NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year.

On the conference level, Chavis has helped develop 24 players into first-team All-SEC selections since 1995.

Individually, Chavis was named the recipient of the coveted American Football Coaches a.ssociation a.ssistant Coach of the Year honor in 2006.

A 31-year coaching veteran at the collegiate level, Chavis got his start as a graduate a.ssistant at Tennessee in 1979. After a year with the Vols, Chavis then moved to Alabama A&M from 1980-83 as the defensive line coach. Chavis jumped to Alabama State from 1984-85 serving as the defensive coordinator before moving back to Alabama A&M from 1986-88. Alabama A&M ranked No. 1 in Division II in total defense in both 1987 and 1988.

Chavis returned to his Alma Mater in 1989 season, serving as the defensive line and linebackers coach. He held that position until 1995 when he was promoted to defensive coordinator.

Chavis, who is originally from Dillon, S.C., is married to the former Diane Crisp. They are the parents of sons, John and Jason.

The Chavis File
Year at LSU: First (appointed Jan. 5, 2009)
Birthdate: Oct. 16, 1956 in Dillon, S.C.
Wife: Diane Crisp Davis
Children: John (28), Jason (26)
High School: Dillon (S.C.) High School
College: Tennessee, ‘79

Playing Experience
1976-78 Tennessee (middle guard)

Coaching Experience
1979 Tennessee (graduate a.ssistant)
1980-83 Alabama A&M (defensive line)
1984-85 Alabama State (defensive coordinator)
1986-88 Alabama A&M (defensive coordinator)
1989-2008 Tennessee (defensive line/linebackers, 1989-94; defensive coordinator/linebackers, 1995-2008)
2009 LSU (defensive coordinator/linebackers)

Bowl Experience
1979 Bluebonnet (Tennessee lost Purdue, 27-22)
1990 Cotton (Tennessee def. Arkansas, 31-27)
1991 Sugar (Tennessee def. Virginia, 23-22)
1992 Fiesta (Tennessee lost Penn State, 42-17)
1993 Hall of Fame (Tennessee def. Boston College, 38-23)
1994 Florida Citrus (Tennessee lost Penn State, 31-13)
1994 Gator (Tennessee def. Virginia Tech, 45-23)
1996 Florida Citrus (Tennessee def. Ohio State, 20-14)
1997 Florida Citrus (Tennessee def. Northwestern, 48-28)
1998 Orange (Tennessee lost Nebraska, 42-17)
1999 Fiesta (Tennessee def. Florida State, 23-16)
2000 Fiesta (Tennessee lost Nebraska, 31-21)
2001 Cotton (Tennessee lost Kansas State, 35-21)
2002 Florida Citrus (Tennessee def. Michigan, 45-17)
2002 Peach (Tennessee lost Maryland, 30-3)
2004 Peach (Tennessee lost Clemson, 27-14)
2005 Cotton (Tennessee def. Texas A&M, 38-7)
2007 Outback (Tennessee lost Penn State, 20-10)
2008 Outback (Tennessee def. Wisconsin, 21-17)

COMMENTS FROM LSU COACH LES MILES ON NEW DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR JOHN CHAVIS

Opening Statement about the hire of new defensive coordinator John Chavis...
"It's obvious that he has pursued excellence his entire career. The people that have been coached by him and the defenses that he has run just speak to him knowing exactly what he's doing. We really appreciate the fact that he will come in with a lot of great experience in this conference. He ran a great defense this year with a team that was not as successful, that did not win many games and that speaks to great morale and to a defense playing just to play defense. That may be his greatest qualification."

On if Chavis will have say in the hiring of other defensive staff...
"Yes, he will have a say. It would be inappropriate for me to fill the room suggesting he work with these guys. You don't want to bring a guy in and find out that he's uncomfortable with other staff that you've hired."

On how important the fit of the staff is to him...
"That's one of the pieces that was important for me to see John possess. John's just a team guy, you can really tell that. He's admired LSU from afar and I think he saw some advantages here and I think he wanted to be at LSU. He's been awfully loyal to the place he was at and the coach he was with. When you talk to people who have been coached by him and have coached with him, he is a team player. I think we'll enjoy that."

On Chavis' coaching style...
"I think he understand what he wants. It will be described in meetings. I think he's a guy that listens and takes suggestions, but I also think he's a guy that knows exactly what he wants to do and is about doing it in the best way that it can be done. He'll certainly have his initials on it. It will be one that will be reached by the group of defensive coaches."

On the type of candidate he looks for...
"I need someone who understands and knows what to expect, what we're comfortable with in the type of defense we run here. I want great defense. I want somebody that has that kind of experience in this league.”

On what will stay the same and what will change with new coaches...
"I think philosophy stays the same. We have to make sure that John Chavis is comfortable in things that he calls and how he calls it. That is something that will be determined later. The good news is that I think we're veteran enough at places that we can transfer knowledge comfortably and I think we're young enough at places where the first-time learners will get it that way. I look at it as youthful interior guys sprinkled with some veterans with some experienced linebackers and a pretty veteran secondary."

On if John Chavis will coach any position...
"John's always been a position guy. I think he enjoys coaching the linebackers. I'd hate to speak for him, but I think that's what he's going to do."

On if he feels this is a turning point in his time at LSU...
"I'm looking forward to the new staff being a.ssembled. I think it will be good for our defense and our team. I think there will be some pieces in place now that we needed to have in place. I think the future is very bright here."

On how you research a coach...
"You see how they play. How hard they play and, tactically, how they're deployed – how they stunt and blitz, etc. I remember the first time we played Tennessee in our stadium and we hit a couple of big plays and that was it for the half. There were some mistakes made, but it was frustrating. I remember that and the SEC Championship game where we got 21 points, seven of them on defense, and we had to f!ght like heck to get the 14 we got. I recall a very talented LSU offense f!ghting hard in that game against a very good Tennessee defense."
 9 years ago '05        #496
K.B.  OP
space
space
On how active Chavis will be in recruiting...
"I think he'll be a little bit more than Doug (Mallory) and Bo (Peveto), but Bradley Dale was out every snap, he was recruiting hard. I don't think we'll allow him to do that."

On how he would characterize a Bo Pelini defense and a John Chavis defense...
"I think there are some differences. I think the similarities are greater than the differences. I think toughness and a standard of excellence and being used to the style of defense that we're playing here. I think you'll find that those things are similar."
:applause:
 9 years ago '05        #497
K.B.  OP
space
space

[pic - click to view]

South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier is in the market for another a.ssistant coach.

Safeties coach Ron Cooper accepted a job at LSU as the Tigers’ secondary coach, Cooper said Monday.

The 46-year-old Cooper, the only Gamecocks’ a.ssistant remaining from the Lou Holtz era, interviewed at LSU with coach Les Miles and new defensive coordinator John Chavis during the weekend.

“They got something special going there,” said Cooper, who had been at USC since 2004.

Cooper received a three-year deal at LSU believed to be worth about $300,000 a year. Cooper’s one-year deal at USC was worth $175,000.

With Cooper’s departure, receivers coach Steve Spurrier Jr. is the only a.ssistant left from Spurrier’s first USC staff in 2005. Sources said Cooper’s future at USC was in doubt, and Spurrier had advised him to look for another job.

Spurrier would not confirm those details but wished Cooper well.

“This was a wonderful opportunity that came up,” Spurrier said. “We wish Ron the best. He did a lot of good things here — good recruiter, good family guy.”

Cooper said he was scheduled to interview with Maryland coach Ralph Friedgen about the Terps’ defensive coordinator position. But the chance to join a program that won the national championship last season and captured two BCS titles the past six years was too good to pass up.

“I’d originally said I wouldn’t look at anything unless it was a coordinator’s job. But when I looked at it, LSU’s something different,” Cooper said. “There are only a few schools each year that are going to compete nationally.”

At 30, Cooper became the youngest black head coach in college football history when Eastern Michigan hired him before the 1993 season. The Alabama native had other head-coaching stops at Louisville and Alabama A&M.

He helped direct a USC pass defense that ranked in the top five nationally each of the past two seasons.

Cooper’s exit leaves Spurrier with four vacancies after the firing of offensive line coach John Hunt and the departures of recruiting coordinator David Reaves and strength coach Mark Smith to Tennesse
 9 years ago '05        #498
K.B.  OP
space
space
Two excellent hires for miles. I am glad he realize what a terrible decision he made with the co-d cord. bullsh*t. chavis is a SEC vet and can help us in our weak spot on D our linebackers. Cooper is a great db coach and a very good recruiter. we didnt coach O but we got something even better. Cooper has had south carolina pass d in the top 10 the last few years and has put db's in the league. If he can produce this with their talent level, what can he do with with a secondary full of 5* players? Stay tuned.......
 9 years ago '05        #499
K.B.  OP
space
space

[pic - click to view]

The other staff addition has been rumored for over a week now and will apparently come to fruition. A source close to LSU football tells NewOrleans.Com Sports that Chicago Bears defensive line coach Brick Haley is leaving the staff of Lovie Smith to join LSU in the same capacity. The Chicago Sun-Times is now reporting the same information.

Haley has 19 years of coaching experience. He has been with the Bears for two seasons (2007 and 2008). Previously, he had a.ssistant coaching experience at Arkansas (1990), Austin Peay (1991-1993), Troy (1994-1996), Houston (1997), Clemson (1998), Baylor (1999-2001), Georgia Tech (2002-2003) and at Mississippi State (2004-2006).

Haley played linebacker at Alabama A&M from 1984-1988 under John Chavis, who is bringing him on at LSU. He was the defensive Most Valuable Player at A&M in 1988 and was inducted into the school's Athletic Hall of Fame in 2005.

Haley will replace Earl Lane as defensive line coach at LSU. Lane's fate remains unclear though there have been rumors of his departing for another job for weeks now.

Earl Lane is probably headed to Florida A&M. FWIW
 9 years ago '05        #500
K.B.  OP
space
space
Carneal Ainsworth
Kenny Bell
Michael Brockers
Morris Claiborne
Chris Davenport
Josh Downs
Michael Ford
Janzen Jackson
Kendall Kelly
Bennie Logan
Craig Loston
Sam Montgomery
Patrick O'Donell
Rueben Randle
Trent Richardson
Josh Williford
Ed Stinson
Bold: we need to land these recruits. they should be the big time focus from miles and staff.

Italic: no chance with richardson. bama lock and we are really wasting our time.

Purple: commits we need to make sure stay committed and maybe get in the ears of the ones who aren't.

well keep yall updated.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
41 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
90 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
83 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
168 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside NBA2K18 Is Removing User Made Content From The Game
40 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
29 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
182 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy