The Official LSU Tigers Thread

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
28 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
46 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
187 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Migos clown Joe Budden to oblivion
134 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '05        #401
K.B.  OP
space
space
$3,942 | Props total: 260 260
Guilbeau Blog: It's possible that Perrilloux returns Wednesday
Glenn Guilbeau

Soon, we will know. Word is that suspended LSU quarterback Ryan Perrilloux will be back at practice on Wednesday afternoon when the Tigers return to spring drills after spring break.
Of course, word was he was going to be back two weeks ago when the team was finishing the first half of spring practice. We shall see.

As I have said on several occasions, I do not feel LSU coach Les Miles should let Perrilloux return to the team. Unfortunately, Miles' hands are tied as far as his depth chart is concerned. Because Miles and his staff have not signed more quarterbacks in recent years, there is not much there if Jarrett Lee would get injured. Lee, a redshirt freshman who is as promising as Matt Flynn was as a redshirt freshman, would be the starter if Perrilloux does not return. After Lee, there is only Andrew Hatch, a Harvard transfer and former walk-on who does not look to be Southeastern Conference material. There is also walk-on T.C. McCartney, who is not ready either.

The only other quarterback is February signee Jordan Jefferson of Destrehan High School. So Miles does not have the players on hand to be able to withstand kicking off Perrilloux off. There were enough tailbacks around last year when Miles kicked tailback Alley Broussard off the team, and Broussard did not mess up as much as Perrilloux has.

Going into a season with only Lee and Jefferson at quarterback would be very shaky. Going into a season with Perrilloux and his track record would also be shaky.

If Perrilloux is brought back, his next mistake could happen in the middle of the 2008 season. But perhaps Miles is thinking if that happens and he has to kick him off then, at least he will have had him for part of the season while getting the other quarterbacks ready.

It's amazing the questions around the LSU athletic department these days. At the moment, LSU does not have a permanent athletic director, chancellor, men's basketball coach or quarterback, not necessarily in that order of importance.

Stay tuned.

10 years ago '05        #402
K.B.  OP
space
space
2008 Pro Day Scorecard

Name Pos Ht
Wt Arm
Hand 40
Yard Bench
225 Shuttle
Run 3-Cone
Drill
BJ
VJ

[code]72 Glenn Dorsey DT 6-1 3/4
297 34 5/8
10 5.14
8-4 25 1/2[/code]

[code]9 Early Doucet WR 6-0
203 31
9 4.56
nm
9-6 34 1/2[/code]

[code]18 Jacob Hester RB 5-11 1/8
225 30 1/8
10 1/2 nm
nm
nm
nm
nm 29[/code]

[code]7 Ali Highsmith LB 6-0
221 31 3/8
9 5/8 4.74
nm
9-4 29[/code]

[code]21 Chevis Jackson CB 6-0 1/8
192 32 1/2
8 5/8 4.63
nm
nm
nm
10-0 40[/code]

[code]35 Luke Sanders LB 6-4 1/4
244 31 5/8
8 1/2 4.76
9-10 34 1/2[/code]

[code]16 Craig Steltz S 6-1 3/8
212 30 3/4
9 1/8 4.63
9-10 35 [/code]

[code]71 Carnell Stewart OT 6-4 1/4
319 33 3/8
11 5.20
7-9 24 [/code]

[code]19 Jonathan Zenon CB 5-11 3/4
185 31 3/4
8 1/2 4.55
nm
9-6 37 [/code]

[code]89 Keith Zinger TE 6-3 3/4
270 32 3/4
10 5.19
nm
nm
8-9 32 [/code]

10 years ago '04        #403
Aftashok 
space
space
$8,321 | Props total: 53 53
damn man, didn't none of them n*ggas really have a great pro day as far as the measurables....wonder how they performed in workouts/drills though....
 10 years ago '05        #404
K.B.  OP
space
space
yea glenn did what he does but man wtf is up with early? he never really seem that fast to me but i didnt think he would fall in that 4.6 range being only 6'0. speaking of wtf's ali is falling more and more. he isnt 6' feet he is light as far as weight but he seem quick as fu*k in the games but only running a 4.7+
 10 years ago '05        #405
K.B.  OP
space
space
so have yall been hearing about the lastest RP saga lol.

LSU junior quarterback Ryan Perrilloux allegedly caused a scene at a local restaurant Friday night, a few days before he was expected to rejoin the team Monday for spring practice.

A server at Kona Grill in Perkins Rowe told The Daily Reveille late Tuesday night that Perrilloux arrived at the restaurant 30 minutes after it closed Friday.

Perrilloux entered the bar and attempted to order drinks. After he was denied service, Perrilloux began to curse and use racial slurs, the server said.

A Kona Grill manager approached Perrilloux, who then cursed the manager. The server said Perrilloux was asked to leave. And the police were called to the restaurant, but Perrilloux had left by the time any officers arrived.

The server said LSU coach Les Miles called the restaurant Saturday to apologize for Perrilloux.

"I have no comment," said the owner of Kona Grill. "I've been receiving a lot of calls about that [Monday] and would like to stop receiving calls at the restaurant."

The junior quarterback missed practice Tuesday for the second-consecutive day after Miles said this past week that Perrilloux was expected to return to practice on Monday.

WJBO reported Tuesday that Perrilloux was not on the practice field because of "an incident over the weekend at a local restaurant."

Col. Ricky Adams of the East Baton Rouge Sheriff's office said there was no information about Perrilloux or Kona Grill in the sheriff's database.

Contributing writer Rebekah Allen and staff writer J.J. Alcantara contributed to this report.
 04-14-2008, 10:27 PM         #406
lilt9484 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
From what i here RP's dad died recently............... If this is true i dont blame the dude for being unfocused

Is there any truth to this i could have sworn i heard them saying some sh*t on the radio very very briefly about it.....i was like dam they should have said that before

................AND LMFAO @ simba erasing the USC thread

[pic - click to view]

10 years ago '05        #407
K.B.  OP
space
space
yea his dad passed. RP back on the team tho he just wasnt allowed to play in the purple and gold game.
 04-15-2008, 03:21 PM         #408
lilt9484 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I know he has had issues in the past but poeple need to back off this dude A parent dying aint easy to take poeple basically making him out to be an a**hole and they never talk about the whole situation.....................

I think we gonna be alright this year RP is gonna get hs sh*t together.
 10 years ago '05        #409
K.B.  OP
space
space
Bluechip linebacker decides to bring his game to Baton Rouge.

[pic - click to view]

By Daniel Mingea III
Tiger Rag Recruiting Analyst

In early March of this year, Willie Ferrell (6’1.5, 222, 4.5) informed TigerRag.com a few people would be “surprised” with the school he selected. At the time the statement appeared to be vague, but today that is no longer the case.

Willie Ferrell ESPN profile

The Blue-Chip recruit decided not to give into the Florida faithful and maybe after feeling a little betrayed by some of the Florida Universities, the Florida A&M University High School product announced on Monday afternoon he would be spending his collegiate career at LSU.

“I’ve been thinking about it for a while now,” Ferrell stated to TigerRag.com on Saturday. “I told coach [Josh] Henson, coach [Les] Miles and coach [Bradley Dale] Peveto that I wanted to commit today, but I didn’t want the public to know about it until Monday after I announced publicly. They were happy to hear it. They all seemed excited and fired up about it.

“I felt the LSU coaches were very honest with me from the beginning and that meant a lot to me,” Ferrell continued. “Plus I figured if I could get close to them now, then I’d be even more comfortable with them once I got down there.”

10 years ago '05        #410
booker20 
space
space
$10,293 | Props total: 0 0
nice commit... If we wouldve offered he woulda been staying in Tally :D
 10 years ago '05        #411
K.B.  OP
space
space
n*gga is a tackling machine. 400+ tackles the past two seasons :wow:
 10 years ago '05        #412
booker20 
space
space
 K.B. said:
n*gga is a tackling machine. 400+ tackles the past two seasons :wow:
word is we didnt offer because hes lacking lateral quickness and our depth at LB is crazy... we have like 15

Last edited by booker20; 04-21-2008 at 07:27 PM..
 10 years ago '05        #413
K.B.  OP
space
space
yea i read that in his scouting report too and him not be quick enough for that offtackle sh*t.

Evaluation
Ferrell is a physically imposing inside linebacker with all the physical tools need carry current production to the next level. He possesses a prototypical Division 1 frame for the middle. Is tall, well-built, and lean enough to still pack on 10-15 more pounds and play at the 240-pound range to handle the inside punishment. Overall a flexible athlete for a kid with his bulk. Really good bend and sink out of his stance. Excels at attacking vertically. Fills fast, hard and aggressive. Diagnosing skills need some refinement but when this kid locates the football in front of him he shows great burst and explosion onto ball carriers. Good form tackler. Drives through low and brings his hips with some great pop. Soundly breaks down in space as well. Brings good power and a solid base to the point of attack. Hard to turn when he steps up with full momentum through the gap. Speed is more suited for the short-range, but he flashes good chase speed for his size and possesses above average sideline-to-sideline range. Deceptively fluid in pass coverage. Needs to do a better job getting to his drop quicker but shows above average hips, turns and pattern match skills for a thicker run plugger. More than capable of blanketing his underneath middle zone at the next level. While he shows the ability to slip blocks between tackles, overall his lateral pursuit is not a strong area. Lumbers a bit pursuing off-tackle and does not take sharp angles. Can struggle redirecting and needs to show quicker recovery ability when he out-runs the play. Overall, Ferrell possesses few physical flaws that won't be coached up and polished at the next level. Needs to play with a bit more consistency and put it all together on every snap. Good, tough inside linebacker prospect.

10 years ago '05        #414
booker20 
space
space
hes still a hell of a player tho dont get me wrong... just gotta work him
 10 years ago '04        #415
Aftashok 
space
space
$8,321 | Props total: 53 53
oh if there's a coaching staff to work with him, it's Peveto/Mallory.....and if Muschamp was still here :wow:.....but Mallory and Peveto will get him right...it ain't like he gon' have to just step in and play right away, he'll get molded properly....
 10 years ago '05        #416
K.B.  OP
space
space
Ex-LSU star Doucet eyes NFL opportunity
April 19, 2008

By Scott Ferrell

There was a time when LSU wide receiver Early Doucet appeared to be a certain first-round draft selection.

That time isn't now.

Doucet's stock has been hurt by injuries and even testing times. He is no longer a lock for the first round. In fact, he may not even be a lock for the first day (first two rounds) of the NFL Draft next week.

"If he got through the first day, he does everything well, but he's timed poorly," NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock said. "If Early Doucet got into the third round, same thing; people would be all over him."

How did Doucet get into this position?

The answer starts with injuries. In his senior season, he injured his groin in a walkthrough practice that eventually cost him four games and a part of another. It also put a damper on his season.

"Just the fact that it was my senior year and I set some individual goals for myself and being out five games kind of limited me from reaching those goals," Doucet said.

The groin injury wasn't his only injury.

Doucet was invited to the Senior Bowl in January. But he was unable to work out and play that week in Mobile because of a hamstring injury.

When he didn't work out at the NFL Scouting Combine in February, his Pro Day in March took on greater significance.

In Baton Rouge, he posted 40-yard dash times of 4.59 seconds, 4.60 and 4.64 seconds.

Those times aren't bad, they just don't compare with other wide receivers in the draft.

For example, California's DeSean Jackson has posted a 4.35 40 time, Michigan State's Devin Thomas has run a 4.40 and Michigan's Mario Manningham has run a 4.44.

But this is football and not track and field.

Doucet is hoping his production on the field will cure any concerns about not being fast enough to play the position.

"The 40 time is only one aspect of it," Doucet told reporters at LSU's Pro Day.

©Gannett Louisiana Newspapers
April 19, 2008

10 years ago '05        #417
K.B.  OP
space
space
doucet never really struck me as a speed receiver he was always a possession guy in my eyes that can make the big catch and keep the chains moving when we needed them. he gonna make a team very happy where ever he goes.
 10 years ago '04        #418
1000bluntz 
space
space
$17,310 | Props total: 11346 11346
 lilt9484 said:
From what i here RP's dad died recently............... If this is true i dont blame the dude for being unfocused

Is there any truth to this i could have sworn i heard them saying some sh*t on the radio very very briefly about it.....i was like dam they should have said that before

................AND LMFAO @ simba erasing the USC thread

[pic - click to view]

Yeah anybody would be unfocused if they lost a parent, that's a given. Still he doesn't need to be a complete fu*king fool either. Grieve yes, but goddamn n*gga, you know that sh*t is stupid so fu*king stop it man. I hope he gets it together, he has too much talent to end up being a fu*king bum man.
 04-27-2008, 11:42 AM         #419
-Scddar- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 lilt9484 said:
LMFAO @ simba erasing the USC thread

@ your lateness and corniness
never cease to amaze me with it
read the reason why
too many faulty a.ss
so called SC fans here

anyway that aint why i showed up here
nonetheless
i wanted to say i'm actually glad we picked up Jacob hester
he will be the perfect replacement for michael turner
between the tackles he's the kind of runner i like
and i say that because i ain't no hater
like lilt
 10 years ago '05        #420
K.B.  OP
space
space
two level headed SC fans on this site???
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
44 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
56 comments
21 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
95 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
59 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
73 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Time Traveler Came From 4126 To Give This Message
66 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy