Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
150 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Lonzo Ball still disrespecting Nas
51 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Jay Z's Tidal Is Running Out Of Cash & On Verge Of Bankruptcy, Lost $36..
43 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
OT Auburn banned Corey Myers for smashing his players
13 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #121
UknowWhatItIs 
space
space
$8,675 | Props total: 7 7
good game USF.... good a.ss game but man our offense is so hard to watch

Fannin def the best RB we got but them fumbles

oh well the defense and special teams almost pulled out another one

we'll be aight
 10 years ago '05        #122
booker20 
space
space
$10,293 | Props total: 0 0
Ford had 78 yards on Auburn... hes gotta work on conditioning but think about what hes gonna do against a dline that doesnt out weigh our Oline.... especially Louisville and WVU defenses are horrible, Rutgers will be tough
 10 years ago '05        #123
booker20 
space
space
 UknowWhatItIs said:
good game USF.... good a.ss game but man our offense is so hard to watch

Fannin def the best RB we got but them fumbles

oh well the defense and special teams almost pulled out another one

we'll be aight
I knew Fannin was gonna be tough I expected Cox to play better... ya'll have never really had explosive receivers tho... I almost threw up when we kept trotting that weak a.ss kicker on the field... they had a chance to recruit the kicker from my high school last year and wouldn't offer...
 10 years ago '05        #124
booker20 
space
space
fun fact: USF Bulls 6-0 in OT games
 10 years ago '05        #125
booker20 
space
space
Still not ranked... we need to beat the sh*t out of UNC because somebody will drop in front of us
 10 years ago '05        #126
booker20 
space
space

Last edited by booker20; 09-09-2007 at 07:28 PM..
 10 years ago '05        #127
BoSox84  OP
space
space
$21,183 | Props total: 26 26
God damn what a good a.ss game. Best believe we were going fu*kin crazy in the stands. And at Delbert Alvarado. He probably had the worst night of his life last night. Shoulda won that game by 20 points. I'm just glad he made the kick with 50 seconds left. Than he went to the sidelines and threw up USF bi*chES!!!!!
 10 years ago '05        #128
Santoro 12 heat pts12
space
space
$7,949 | Props total: 6 6
I just can't believe we're not ranked. How fu*king stupid is the USA today poll? They ranked Auburn above us.
 10 years ago '05        #129
BoSox84  OP
space
space
 Santoro said:
I just can't believe we're not ranked. How fu*king stupid is the USA today poll? They ranked Auburn above us.
The general consensus is that none of the coaches in the Big East are willing to vote for us, as I'm sure a lot of coaches around the country have no clue about us. It'll happen soon enough, but it is bullsh*t that it didn't happen this week
 10 years ago '04        #130
UknowWhatItIs 
space
space
naw they actually saw yall beat a team that shouldve lost to K State and they realized it wasnt a first game fluke

auburn got issues on offense something serious... cox is a joke

ive never seen a qb gradually get worse like Cox, i mean hes 21-6 as a starter, but last year special teams and D won about every game (LSU, UF, UA)... i know we had better WRs in 05 but AU led the SEC in total offense that year and now its like if our D and special teams dont win games its over with

damn we had both starting safeties a CB and 2 LBs that didnt play much at all (injuries) ... honestly IF we had an offense we'd be nasty cuz our depth on D is unreal.. sad thing is we dont have a capable backup QB right now

props to USF on the win though...
 10 years ago '05        #131
BoSox84  OP
space
space
Werd, it was a great game. Ugly, but great nonetheless. And I honestly have nothing negative to say about the trip as a whole except some of the sh*t the refs were pulling was gay. But other than that, the school was great, everybody was classy as fu*k, the women were fine, there really was nothing to complain about throughout the trip.

I would even go so far as to say, I'll definitely be a closet Auburn fan after this experience

Last edited by BoSox84; 09-10-2007 at 12:05 AM..
 10 years ago '05        #132
BoSox84  OP
space
space
 10 years ago '06        #133
bgtm187 
space
space
$458 | Props total: 0 0
congrats on the big win, auburn is one of my favorite teams in the sec, but i luv upsets like everyone else, hopefully u guys can keep this momentum goin and reek havoc on the bcs like boise state did last year and hopefully it will be another step to some kind of playoff system in d1 college football
 10 years ago '05        #134
booker20 
space
space
Leavitt maybe be the upset king... I cant think of a coach that built a team from scratch and has them beating top teams in 10 years... the man was recruiting out of a trailer for the 1st 2 years
 10 years ago '05        #135
booker20 
space
space
it was a good thing verpeale isnt on the team... he wouldnt have made the plays nate made... he made a great transition from high school qb in a pass happy offense to starting free safety for a fast hard-nosed defense
 10 years ago '05        #136
BoSox84  OP
space
space
I was just thinking man, outside of a dumb penalty in the first quarter, Nate Allen played a great game. 7 tackles, 1 forced fumble, 1 recovered fumble, and an interception
 10 years ago '04        #137
UknowWhatItIs 
space
space
 BoSox84 said:
Werd, it was a great game. Ugly, but great nonetheless. And I honestly have nothing negative to say about the trip as a whole except some of the sh*t the refs were pulling was gay. But other than that, the school was great, everybody was classy as fu*k, the women were fine, there really was nothing to complain about throughout the trip.

I would even go so far as to say, I'll definitely be a closet Auburn fan after this experience
yea Auburn turns into the 4th largest city in AL on gamedays

i had to do some other sh*t but im def glad i didnt go

props on the win... yall need to win the big east now
 10 years ago '05        #138
BoSox84  OP
space
space
Kicks were shaky, but faith never wavered

By JOHN ROMANO, Times Columnist
Published September 10, 2007

AUBURN, Ala.

On another night, you might attribute the outcome to the difference in quarterbacks.

In another situation, you might argue one team beat another because it declined to panic and refused to bow.

As for me, I will always believe South Florida beat Auburn on a warm September night because of faith. The kind of faith that is difficult to explain and impossible to fabricate.

Like the family huddled together in the top of the bleachers, above the band, at Jordan-Hare Stadium. The family with heads bowed in prayer as the 80,000 around them made a stadium feel as if it were shaking loose from its foundation.

Like the coach standing on the sideline, sensing the accusatory stares of players as he sent the field-goal unit out in the final minute. Two yards from the end zone, he was putting his trust in a young man who already had missed four field goals.

Like the 18-year-old placekicker staring at the ground and trying to focus on the job at hand. "Head down, follow through," he said. "Head down, follow through, head down ... God help me, please."

The kick was a chip shot. Nothing more than an extra point, really. It didn't win the game, it only sent it to overtime where Matt Grothe and Jessie Hester would become USF's heroes for the night.

But what this kick did - this field goal of 18 yards by sophomore Delbert Alvarado with 55 seconds remaining in regulation - was confirm a family's faith in their prayers, justify a coach's trust in his player, and vindicate a young man's belief in himself.

"One day, I'm going to tell my kids about this game," Alvarado said. "I'm going to teach them what this taught me. That if you believe in something, if you are willing to f!ght for something, you can accomplish anything."

And so it happened on what could have been the worst night of Alvarado's football career. Flirting with an upset of major proportions, the Bulls were hanging by a thread. They could barely run the ball, they were struggling to contain Auburn's backs, and they were coming from behind in the second half.

And every time they had a chance to tie the score, Alvarado failed to come through.

He pushed a 37-yard field goal wide left early in the third quarter. A few minutes later, he had a 45-yard field partially deflected. And a few minutes after that, a 37-yard field goal was batted back in his face.

His heart was breaking, but not for himself. He could handle his own disappointment. It was what he was doing to his teammates that ate at him. They were playing the game of their lives, and he was threatening to ruin it all.

When Alvarado came off the field after one of his misses, his head was drooped low and his spirit was seemingly dragging behind. Coach Jim Leavitt grabbed him before Alvarado could reach the bench.

"You've got to get your head up because you're going to have a chance to win this game before it's all over," Leavitt shouted.

"I've let the team down," Alvarado said.

"You're going to let them down more if you're not ready to kick a field goal at the end of this game," Leavitt replied.

As he stood waiting on the sideline, Alvarado's teammates began coming by. One after another, they told him they believed in him. They trusted him. They loved him.

"We're a family, and you always stick by your family," linebacker Ben Moffitt said. "Win or lose, we were in this together."

Alvarado has known disappointment before. He was USF's punter as a true freshman before losing the job at midseason in 2006. He later became the placekicker - and booted a Big East record 56-yarder against Syracuse - before putting in his claim for both jobs this preseason.

After the three consecutive misses Saturday night, Alvarado came out in the middle of the fourth quarter and put a wobbly 38-yarder through the uprights to tie. But when Auburn regained the lead, Alvarado missed badly on a 21-yard field goal with 6:13 remaining.

That's why it was so shocking to see Alvarado again in the final minute. The Bulls were trailing 20-17 and had the ball at the Auburn 2 on fourth down. Given Alvarado's 1-for-5 night, it seemed USF's odds would be better with the ball in Grothe's hands.

But Leavitt did not hesitate. He was sending Alvarado back out.

"I couldn't even watch," said Alvarado's sister, Nisa, who was in the bleachers with her parents. "I was praying for God to give him strength because I couldn't imagine what he was going through."

On the field, Auburn called timeout.

"Man, that was a long time," said Hester, who caught the winning touchdown in overtime. "A real long time."

If the wait bothered Leavitt, he didn't let it show. He called the field-goal unit together near the sideline and gathered them in a circle. Looking around at the linemen, he told them to block their butts off.

And then he looked Alvarado in the eye and said ... nothing.

Leavitt simply smiled.

Moments later, a teenager from Honduras named Delbert Alvarado calmly kicked an 18-yard field goal that tied a score and, perhaps, changed his perception of faith.
 10 years ago '05        #139
BoSox84  OP
space
space
Recruits take notice of Bulls win at Auburn

Dave Glaser
USFBullsEYE.com Managing Editor

How has USF's upset victory at Auburn on Saturday night been playing with potential recruits? Three quarterback prospects from different corners of Florida were perched in front of their televisions until Jessie Hester Jr. hauled in Matt Grothe's final pass, and all came away impressed by the Bulls' tenacity.

"My eyes were glued to the tube," admitted Tallahassee Lincoln QB B.J. Daniels. "I liked USF before, but it turned me on. It definitely opens the eyes of recruits and people around the nation – the chance to see them on national TV at Auburn and win. It changed the way I look at them."

At the other end of the Sunshine State, Miami Washington High School signal-caller Sancho McDonald was just as impressed.

"I was very interested. I stayed up all night watching," he said. "It kind of sparked me a little bit, but it didn't surprise me. I picked them to win that game. They're on their way to being nationally ranked. It will boost them up a lot."

And at home in Pinellas County, Boca Ciega High quarterback Orhian Johnson said the nation is finding out what he already knows.

"It was great to see them go out and do it. It's great for our hometown. We have our own powerhouse program. I was watching and rooting all the way for them to pull out the win," he said. "But here we knew they could do it. I've watched them practice and I know how hard they work. And if you can beat West Virginia, you can beat Auburn."

The Bulls have been courting all three quarterbacks since the spring, with different coaches a.ssigned to recruitment – Greg Gregory to Johnson, Mike Canales to Daniels and Larry Scott to McDonald. Each said that USF stands squarely among their favorites.

McDonald has offers from the Bulls, Memphis and Rutgers. He said USF and Memphis stand out at this point and the Bulls' future schedule makes them a very attractive option.

"Next year they'll play the U (Miami), and that's something I'm looking at. If they can keep beating teams like that, they'll be in national bowls," McDonald said. "I really like how they play as a team and how they run their offense. They told me I can come in there on a full ride. They have a good quarterback that I could learn a lot from, and when he leaves, I'd be up and ready to go as a sophomore."

Johnson, whose team takes on Jim Leavitt's alma mater Dixie Hollins this Friday, said the Bulls are recruiting him as a quarterback, but he is open to playing safety or receiver at the next level. His list of suitors includes some established national heavyweights: Ohio State, Tennessee and Florida. But that doesn't mean USF doesn't stack up.

"You can definitely say USF in the same sentence with those schools," Johnson said. "Coach Leavitt is up there with any of those guys. They're going to get a Big East championship.

"I like USF. They are like a family over there. They like my athletic ability and they want me to be a Bull."

Daniels lists USF, Alabama, Southern Miss, Middle Tennessee, Georgia Tech, Illinois, Iowa State, Memphis, Louisiana Lafayette and Georgia Southern as his offers. He received a phone call on Monday from an excited Canales, and they chatted about Lincoln's 2-0 start.

Daniels has thrown for four touchdowns and run for five in wins over local rival Tallahassee Rickards and highly regarded Orlando Edgewater. He sees USF's offense as a perfect fit.

"They look just like us. Their offense is very similar to what we run. What I saw on TV was a lot of speed and an offense where the quarterback is featured," Daniels said. "They're in Florida. There are a lot of special players in Florida and they'll get their share."
 10 years ago '06        #140
ANOMOLIE 
space
space
$248 | Props total: 1 1
South Florida is a future powerhouse . Them boyz serious.

Last edited by ANOMOLIE; 09-12-2007 at 12:08 AM.. Reason: I can
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
34 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
51 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA Wildest Game Stats of the Year so far...?
20 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
213 comments
22 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
128 comments
18 hours ago