The Official 2007-2008 USF Thread

most viewed right now
50 comments @hiphop
most viewed right now
+26  66
139 comments @hiphop
most viewed right now
25 comments @hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

11 years ago '05        #51
BoSox84  OP
space
space
$21,184 | Props total: 26 26
 RakimAllahNY said
Florida isn't big enough for four teams damn it . Although could you imagine a state having 4 football teams that have won national titles? That would be amazing. Good luck, I can't wait for the Miami vs USF sh*t to happen.
Werd, and like Darkside Ty said, Florida really is big enough, there's a.ssloads of talent to go around, and I think the more we come up, the more it'll keep the Florida talent in state. Especially if we manage to start getting some games against FSU, and get a few more matchups with UF scheduled (we already have 2 games with them in the future). But the series I can't wait for is the 5 year stretch against Miami. Thanksgiving weekend will belong to the state of Florida for those 3 years they play then :applause:

11 years ago '05        #52
BoSox84  OP
space
space
 UknowWhatItIs said
one of the websites (maybe fox sports) had a guy that was asked what program he could see being a powerhouse in about 6-7 years and he chose USF cuz of the recruiting base, jim leavitt and being in tampa

that would be sick to have 4 teams from FLA in the top 20 year in year out

at some of the auburn fans acting as if the USF game is like playing vandy....

that game scares me the more I think about it and tuberville always loses a game or 2 a year where the other team is good but not as good as AU (last year Ark. and UGA; year before Ga Tech, Wisc)
This is the game I'm looking forward to the most this season. This is our chance to make a statement to the nation. And if we managed to win, I think it would curb some of the Big Least talk some more, because there are still a lot of doubters out there.

11 years ago '04        #53
UknowWhatItIs 
space
space
$8,675 | Props total: 7 7
i wasnt a big east believer til last year when yall all beat the sh*t out each other

WV, USF ,LOU, RU gon be problem for a while

11 years ago '06        #54
Against D Grain 
space
space
$6,410 | Props total: 568 568
I believe USF is getting Jamar Taylor from Lakeland. He comitted to Bama but has family issues back home and needs to be closer to home. But if this is true you guys are getting a nice lil running back. Taylor put up decent numbers in Alabama's spring game, and people were actually talking like he would see alot of PT this year as a freshman.. You guys already have Mike Ford another Former Bama Commit, You guys should have a nice lil RB combo for these up coming years....

11 years ago '05        #55
BoSox84  OP
space
space
 Against D Grain said
I believe USF is getting Jamar Taylor from Lakeland. He comitted to Bama but has family issues back home and needs to be closer to home. But if this is true you guys are getting a nice lil running back. Taylor put up decent numbers in Alabama's spring game, and people were actually talking like he would see alot of PT this year as a freshman.. You guys already have Mike Ford another Former Bama Commit, You guys should have a nice lil RB combo for these up coming years....
Yep yep, they're not sure yet if he'll be able to get a hardship waiver, or otherwise sit out this season, but he'll be here one way or another it looks like. After being so fu*kin scarce last year it looks like we're stocking up pretty damn well on runningback talent

11 years ago '05        #56
BoSox84  OP
space
space
43 days....

:applause:

11 years ago '05        #57
BoSox84  OP
space
space
Lake Gibson Duo Commits to USF
By Larry R. Weisbaum
USFNation.com
Posted Jul 20, 2007

The Bulls keep the recruiting momentum going as they picked up their 5th and 6th commitments for 07 from offensive lineman Josh Garvin and DE James Jones, both of Lake Gibson High School in Lakeland Florida. Read on for all the details. Stay informed only on USFNation.com

The Bulls keep the recruiting momentum going as they picked up their 5th and 6th commitments for 07 from offensive lineman Josh Garvin and DE James Jones, both of Lake Gibson High School in Lakeland Florida.

I just like the program. The whole coaching staff, every single one of the coaches I met were real nice guys and very genuine, said Garvin. Its also close to home so my family can come see me, and I really think the program is on the rise personally. Theyre going to be winning Big East Championships like crazy.

Garvin and Jones are two names you should already be familiar with. The Staff of USFNation has mentioned Garvin numerous times in our Recruiting quick hits, and just earlier this week informed you on Jones.

Garvin, is athletic enough to play tackle, but is being recruited as a guard. Garvin is 6-foot-4, 275 pounds, is strong, athletic, and the staff really likes the way he moves.

I called Coach Burnham & then called Coach Simmonds and told him I was ready to be a Bull. Coach Leavitt texted me and said congratulations and he was very excited about me going there.

There was plenty of interest in Garvin from schools like Alabama, FSU, USF, Baylor, North Carolina, FIU, and Ball State.

USF, Baylor, North Carolina, FIU, and Ball State all offered me but FSU and Alabama were showing a lot of interest and told me to wait it out, and that they were close to offering, but I didnt feel like waiting, USF was the choice for me.

Garvin said hes very excited about becoming a Bull and the chance to play with USF star QB Matt Grothe formerly of Lake Gibson played a part in his decision.

The chance to play with Matt Grothe was a huge deal, also I heard Roger Frazier might be going there, Claude Davis might be going there too.

Garvin has been to the USF campus numerous times and said hell take an official visit some time but isnt sure when.

I know Ill take an official visit to USF, but I dont know when, and as of now I have no plans to visit anywhere else, and I dont think I will. Im just going to continue to work out and focus on the season.

Garvins teammate on the other side of the ball James Jones also committed to the Bulls today.

James and I didnt say that we had to go to the same school, but we both really liked South Florida and what it has to offer. After the Sling and Shoot we had a good idea , but while working out today he looked at me and said You know we want o, so lets just do it today. I said okay and we did it.

Garvins teammate is DE/FB James Jones is a 62, 232 pound prospect that was first noticed as a rising sophomore after registering 67 tackles and 6 sacks. He then really turned heads last year in Gainesville for the state football championships, and finished the 06 season with 98 tackles, 12 sacks and 2 fumble recoveries.

Its all ready a good program and from what I hear there is a lot of top players that are going to be going there. Said Jones, I really like how the coaches are there and the players too. They made feel like it was home they were really cool to me and that was a big reason why.

Jones was garnering plenty of interest from BCS schools, and has taken unofficial visits to Virginia Tech and Auburn and Miami.

He currently has offers from West Virginia, Indiana, Buffalo and FAMU among others and recently received an offer from the Bulls.

Weve been talking about where we were going to go and came to the conclusion today at practice and decided to do it. I just called Coach Burnham and gave him the word.

We mentioned earlier in the week in Quick hits that Jones had an offer and was very high on the Bulls.

Ive been ready to commit for awhile and wanting to play for the Bulls for awhile but was waiting to make sure it was the right decision, and it was, Im real excited to come there and play.

Jones said he has been to USF a few times and liked everything that he saw. He also said that he will take his official visit when ever the coaches want him to but has no plans to visit any other schools.

Oh no, Im straight, Im straight, Im not going to worry about going to other schools for any visits. Im very excited to be a Bull!

Jones also competes in track and weightlifting and carries a 2.8 core GPA

Being a lineman, Jones didnt participate at the Sling and Shoot and said he plans on being at the USF senior Showcase camp in two weeks and looks forward to the competing with the talent that will be there.

The duo also plays along side another lineman USF is recruiting, Ricky Barnum. If they could also sway the big man to join them as USF commits, it would be a huge get and start a pipeline from a school that has already given them a franchise quarterback
:applause:

11 years ago '05        #58
BoSox84  OP
space
space

:wow:

11 years ago '05        #59
booker20 
space
space
$10,293 | Props total: 0 0
 BoSox84 said

:wow:
hes gonna be a great college qb.... with Ford and Taylor in the backfield now....
if taylor gets that hardship wavier....

08-01-2007, 10:50 PM         #60
feardafoot 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Hopefully Carolina will be better this year. Not lookin forward to playing yall again. Nice squad yall have.

11 years ago '05        #61
BoSox84  OP
space
space
Less than 4 weeks :applause:

08-05-2007, 05:10 PM         #62
Darkside Ty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
How is OJ Murdock looking for you guys? I know he transferred there this season.

You guys have a real gem if you can get some effort out of him..He seemed to be in Spurrier's dog house most of his time here..Dude can flat out run though and make plays.

11 years ago '05        #63
BoSox84  OP
space
space
 Darkside Ty said
How is OJ Murdock looking for you guys? I know he transferred there this season.

You guys have a real gem if you can get some effort out of him..He seemed to be in Spurrier's dog house most of his time here..Dude can flat out run though and make plays.
I dunno, I haven't really heard anything about him in a long while, I'm not sure if he's even on the fall roster to be honest.

11 years ago '05        #64
BoSox84  OP
space
space

[pic - click to view]

11 years ago '05        #65
BoSox84  OP
space
space
Scout.com's Big East preview unit rankings:

Defenses
1. South Florida
Like all teams from Florida, the USF defense pursues well and is built on speed. Wally Burnham’s unit is well-coached, prevents the big play and is vastly underappreciated and unnoticed on a national level. That could change if the Bulls crack the top 10 in total defense in 2007, a distinct possibility. Next level corners Trae Williams and Mike Jenkins allow the defense to sell out on occasion, and the front four, led by sophomore rush end George Selvie, returns seven linemen that started games in 2006. Importing defensive line coach Dan McCarney and linebacker Tyrone McKenzie from Iowa State were coups that’ll pay immediate dividends.

2. Rutgers
3. Louisville
4. Cincinnati
5. West Virginia
6. Pitt
7. Connecticut
8. Syracuse
Linebackers
1. South Florida
Normally, you don’t get better by losing Stephen Nicholas and Pat St. Louis, but with Ben Moffitt surrounded by the next generation of baby Bull linebackers, the corps should be stronger than ever.

2. Rutgers
3. Louisville
4. Connecticut
5. West Virginia
6. Cincinnati
7. Pitt
8. Syracuse
Defensive Backs
1. South Florida
After Louisville’s Brian Brohm, the Big East has no truly top-notch passers. That reality combined with the loaded USF secondary will land the Bulls among the nation’s top 10 or 12 teams this year in pass efficiency defense.

2. Rutgers
3. West Virginia
4. Pitt
5. Cincinnati
6. Syracuse
7. Connecticut
8. Louisville

11 years ago '05        #66
BoSox84  OP
space
space
13 days........

:applause: :D

11 years ago '05        #67
booker20 
space
space
There is only one depth chart that matters for the University of South Florida football team. It's the one head coach Jim Leavitt carries in his head. You won't find it on any website or in a press release. You have to delve inside Leavitt's head to get a glimpse of where everyone stands.

If you've been there, you can't tell anyone who let you in. He talks to people and they talk to others and you put the pieces together. It's not science, but it can be quite revealing.

I've been there. Can't tell you how and I'm only going to tell you what I saw and heard about the running backs. You may look at this as a Ripley's Believe Or Not. It's all right. If you don't believe, don't read another word. If you think what I am going to say could be true, keep your eyes rolling.

The question so many seem to want answered is where the running backs stand and what does Leavitt really think?

Here's what I've seen . . .

The one who sits atop Leavitt's depth chart at running back won't start the first game. He might not start the second game. He might not even finish the season as the Bulls leading rusher. There are many intangibles involved.

Mike Ford is the guy. Don't believe it? Then don't read anymore. Yes, I've seen it. This is the guy Leavitt believes can be the difference between a Big East championship or another trip to a nice, but meaningless bowl. The other coaches like him. They know what he is capable of . . . but they are not talking.

You don't have to be a football fan to figure this one out. The Bulls have some talented running backs, but no one has the combination of size, speed and brute strength Ford brings. So why isn't Leavitt talking? Why isn't he telling you that Ford is the guy he believes can take this team to their dreams?

There are so many reasons. Some involve how Leavitt thinks. Others relate to Ford himself.

Leavitt loves competition at every position. It's one reason he feels disappointed about his quarterback situation. He wants someone to challenge Matt Grothe and make him feel he is not the only option at the position.

The competition at running back is heated, so why should Leavitt ruin it and, besides, there is no guarantee Ford can deliver what the coach wants. But he knows the potential is there. Leavitt and the other coaches wanted so bad to get a big, bruising running back who can cause nightmares for defensive backs and punish them every time they make a tackle. They've felt all along that Ford is that guy.

Leavitt has slipped a few times and let down his guard. He said recently to a media gathering that Ford could be a great running back, but he isn't yet. Listen to that word "great." He will talk about the other running backs and openly admire their talents, but only Ford has been linked with greatness.

Leavitt wants to keep Ford hungry and not discourage any of the other running backs. But he also doesn't want to put too much pressure on Ford. The 6-2, 228-pounder has been through a lot of trauma since he walked through the graduation line at Sarasota High as the career and single-season rushing leader.

Ford is a human battering ram on the football field. He loves contact and dishes out as much punishment as those trying to tackle him. But off the field, Ford is on the gentle side. He is a sensitive person with a lot of pride, and when people were making disparaging remarks about his troubles trying to get academically qualified at Alabama after high school, it hurt.

Trying to get NCAA approval to play and navigate through all the red tape he encountered in his two years out of high school was difficult and at times painful. But perhaps nothing hurt more then the recent death of his father. When Mike turned himself in on an arrest warrant for traffic violations that included unpaid tickets and driving without a license, he knew his father would be relieved.

Unfortunately, that same day Mike's father died.

He never got to hear his dad tell him how proud he was that he did the right thing. He never got to hear his father tell him how gratified he felt.

Did he feel abandoned? How would you feel?

Leavitt doesn't want to put any undue pressure on Ford. He doesn't want to put Ford in the position that may disappoint himself or others.

The numbers Ford put up in high school were mind boggling. There were 11 games of 200 plus yards rushing, but the intangibles he demonstrated were just as impressive. In his final high school game before a record crowd of more than 8,000 fans at Sarasota High against arch-rival Riverview in the region championship, Ford showed a toughness and demeanor you don't forget.

Riverview literally beat him up, often a.ssigning two or three guys to shadow him and knock him down on nearly every play. The entire Riverview defense played at another dimension, dedicating itself to stopping Ford.

Ford never complained, never lamented and never criticized his teammates who couldn't do anything to take the pressure off him. After the game that Sarasota lost, he was one of the first to congratulate the Riverview coaching staff for their game plan.

It was another example of how hard it is to bring Ford down. It's another reason why he is on the first team depth chart that Leavitt won't allow you to see.
looks like Mike got the call:applause:
oh by the way BOSox my brother is out there he had a pick return for a TD in 11 on 11 and on Saturday during the scrimmage he return another for a TD and is working wit special teams as a punt returner...

11 years ago '05        #68
booker20 
space
space
I didnt kno that Claude Davis and Charlton Sinclair didnt qualify... that sucks man they looked good on film

11 years ago '05        #69
BoSox84  OP
space
space
 booker20 said
looks like Mike got the call:applause:
oh by the way BOSox my brother is out there he had a pick return for a TD in 11 on 11 and on Saturday during the scrimmage he return another for a TD and is working wit special teams as a punt returner...
Awesome good to hear

booker20 said
I didnt kno that Claude Davis and Charlton Sinclair didnt qualify... that sucks man they looked good on film
I thought to word on Sinclair was that he took a summer class and was waiting to see if that got him cleared. I take it it didn't?

11 years ago '05        #70
booker20 
space
space
 BoSox84 said
Awesome good to hear

I thought to word on Sinclair was that he took a summer class and was waiting to see if that got him cleared. I take it it didn't?
earlier in the main section I posted a list of DNQs and they were both on it... it did say Sinclair would enroll in January

11 years ago '05        #71
BoSox84  OP
space
space
Interesting factoid I learned tonight while skimming through the 2007 USF Football Media Guide...Anthony Henry is the only player in USF history to be a captain for all 4 years he was here

11 years ago '05        #72
booker20 
space
space
he was the 1st ever recruit in the program... when Levit came to visit my brother he was talking about how he spotted Ant at our annual allstar game in Lee County and he was the 1st signee from down there in my area

11 years ago '04        #73
UknowWhatItIs 
space
space
cant wait til that USF game Sept .8

what times the game at?? yall know?? pretty sure its an ESPN night game.. :wow:

gon be wild ... ill def be there

BoSox u said youre going right??? you will have the time of your life especially if youve never been to a big time SEC school on a fall Saturday.... the whole weekend will be crazy actually... youll run into a few f*g**ts talkin that sh*t but for the most part you should come away thinking we have a classy fan base (unless yall beat us, u might wanna get back to Tampa ASAP cuz there will be a bunch of pissed off drunk people) ... man i cant really put it into words how the atmosphere is you'll just have to wait and see... AU hoes >>>>

leave your girl at the house if ya got one

11 years ago '05        #74
BoSox84  OP
space
space
 UknowWhatItIs said
cant wait til that USF game Sept .8

what times the game at?? yall know?? pretty sure its an ESPN night game.. :wow:

gon be wild ... ill def be there

BoSox u said youre going right??? you will have the time of your life especially if youve never been to a big time SEC school on a fall Saturday.... the whole weekend will be crazy actually... youll run into a few f*g**ts talkin that sh*t but for the most part you should come away thinking we have a classy fan base (unless yall beat us, u might wanna get back to Tampa ASAP cuz there will be a bunch of pissed off drunk people) ... man i cant really put it into words how the atmosphere is you'll just have to wait and see... AU hoes >>>>

leave your girl at the house if ya got one
I got a friend who has family up outside of Auburn and she was telling my girl that they pretty much shut down the town on gameday. Can't say I expected any less. I'm expecting the wildest football atmosphere I've ever experienced in person, believe that. And yeah, I'm on a few other forums and 99% of the Auburn fans that have come over to them have been nothing but class. I don't worry about the dunces, every fan base has them.

Btw, I believe gametime is 8 pm local time, 9 pm eastern time

11 years ago '04        #75
UknowWhatItIs 
space
space
 BoSox84 said
I got a friend who has family up outside of Auburn and she was telling my girl that they pretty much shut down the town on gameday. Can't say I expected any less. I'm expecting the wildest football atmosphere I've ever experienced in person, believe that. And yeah, I'm on a few other forums and 99% of the Auburn fans that have come over to them have been nothing but class. I don't worry about the dunces, every fan base has them.

Btw, I believe gametime is 8 pm local time, 9 pm eastern time
you right about every fan base having some f*g**ts.... i almost rolled on an Auburn fan in Tuscaloosa after we beat them in 04 to go 13-0... my boy was a UA fan and they just started talkin sh*t to him like i was gon have their back cuz they were aub fans

damn 8 pm central?? def going to be a long saturday and it should be a good a.ss game

i hope i make it into jordan hare that night

Home      

most viewed right now
+129online now  20
The Best Pancakes Of The 90's
263 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+16online now  17
Video inside Thick chick lifting weights in the GYM!!!!!
39 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+33online now  16
Video inside First look at Sonic the Hedgehog in his upcoming 'live-action' movie an..
89 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+28online now  13
Article inside NFL 2K Army is expanding, John David Washington Really Wants an NFL 2..
39 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
online now  11
Dec 10 - Teacher Fired For Refusing To Call Female Student by Preferred Pronouns
132 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+118online now  8
Image(s) inside Malania Trump Ain't Got Sh!t On This First Lady
99 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+35online now  8
Who's The Baddest Black Actress In Hollywood I Say It's Rochelle Aytes
25 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
-70online now  7
Image(s) inside WTF: Will Smith Come Out The CLOSET, HE fu-king Reverse Cowgirl A WINE..
100 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy