The Official 2007-2008 USF Thread

most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
40 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
30 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
88 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick Indian Chick desixchick
13 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '05        #441
BoSox84  OP
space
space
$21,183 | Props total: 26 26
Dude, this NC State game is gonna be a slugfest:

SHOTS FIRED:

Go ahead and fill up that bulletin board ...

It's only Monday, and we already have some "Wow, did he say that?" quotes to pass along, a full five days before USF travels to Raleigh to face N.C. State, fresh off its overtime upset of No. 15 East Carolina.

It comes from N.C. State coach Tom O'Brien, who talked with coaches at other colleges in the offseason about the spread offense and how to stop it. O'Brien told local media last Thursday that USF wasn't one of the schools he consulted.

"Did you watch them against Oregon?" O'Brien asked, referencing the Ducks' 56-21 trouncing of the Bulls in the Sun Bowl in El Paso. "Go look at that game. That was the spread that they were defending. I'm not saying anything about South Florida's defense, but if they're the gurus, we'd better go somewhere else."
I'm thinking that should motivate USF's defense -- and its defensive coaches -- just a little this week ...
RETURN FIRE:

Burnham fires back at N.C. State

Burnham USF's defense took a shot from N.C. State coach Tom O'Brien last week when he told reporters he saw no reason to consult with the Bulls about stopping the spread offense, as Ohio State and Colorado coaches did in the offseason after USF beat West Virginia for the second year in a row.

"Did you watch them against Oregon?" O'Brien asked, referencing the Ducks' 56-21 trouncing of the Bulls in the Sun Bowl in El Paso. "Go look at that game. That was the spread that they were defending. I'm not saying anything about South Florida's defense, but if they're the gurus, we'd better go somewhere else."

USF defensive coordinator Wally Burnham, asked about the quote Tuesday afternoon, laughed for a moment and said he agreed with O'Brien's statement, though he questioned the need for it.

"Here's the way I feel about it: He's right. We're not gurus," Burnham said. "On the other hand, we try to handle things professionally and not say anything ... with class, not say anything about anyone else's coaching staff. He can say what he wants to. The other thing, I forget what bowl game they were in. That's all I've got to say."

N.C. State, of course, lost its last two games last season to finish 5-7.
Wally's gonna have that D fired up boy. Harrison Beck is in for a beating
 9 years ago '05        #442
booker20 
space
space
$10,293 | Props total: 0 0
 BoSox84 said:
Dude, this NC State game is gonna be a slugfest:

SHOTS FIRED:

RETURN FIRE:

Wally's gonna have that D fired up boy. Harrison Beck is in for a beating
I think that f*g forgot that he lost his starting QB to an "undisclosed" injury and hes been ruled out for the game... meaning Harrison fu*kin Beck is gonna start shoulda stayed his bi*ch a.ss at Nebraska cause he bout to take the a.ss whoopin of a lifetime
 9 years ago '05        #443
BoSox84  OP
space
space
 booker20 said:
I think that f*g forgot that he lost his starting QB to an "undisclosed" injury and hes been ruled out for the game... meaning Harrison fu*kin Beck is gonna start shoulda stayed his bi*ch a.ss at Nebraska cause he bout to take the a.ss whoopin of a lifetime
I'm just glad he said something stupid. The team needed to wake up after that pathetic showing at FIU. And this will only help :applause:
 9 years ago '05        #444
BoSox84  OP
space
space
Glad to see us beat someone's a.ss the way we should
 9 years ago '05        #445
booker20 
space
space
 BoSox84 said:
Glad to see us beat someone's a.ss the way we should
we might be in the top 5 after this crazy a.ss weekend... Im guess #10 tho...

Last edited by booker20; 09-28-2008 at 10:11 AM..
 9 years ago '05        #446
BoSox84  OP
space
space
I was thinking #9. #8 at best IMO
 9 years ago '05        #447
BoSox84  OP
space
space
Mompremier: Neck injury was 'terrifying'

USF linebacker Brouce Mompremier, sidelined since a serious neck injury 10 days ago against Florida International, said Monday that he could not feel his arms or legs for several minutes on the field as trainers attended to him after a violent collision.

"It was the scariest thing I could ever imagine," Mompremier said. "It was terrifying. I tried to get up and I couldn't feel anything. Being like that for probably like five minutes, everything raced through my mind. I'm thinking 'How would I live my life like this?' The only thing I could move was my head and my neck."

Mompremier, a senior from Miami, regained feeling and movement in his arms and legs before he was transported to an ambulance on the field, which took him to a helicopter, which took him to Jackson Memorial Hospital. He said feeling pain from the injury and a pins-and-needles sensation in his arms and legs was a welcome change from the uncertainty of feeling nothing.

"When it started to come back, I started feeling the pain, but at that time, I was glad for the pain," Mompremier said.

At the hospital, he stayed on his back in a neck brace overnight, as doctors wouldn't let him attempt to stand or walk until the next morning. With USF's team returning to Tampa, the only teammate he saw in the hospital was fellow linebacker Sabbath Joseph, who is also from Miami and stayed in his hometown.

Mompremier has shown encouraging progress since the injury, and while he won't play in Thursday's game against Pittsburgh, he hopes to return to practice next week, with an eye on returning to the playing field for USF's Oct. 18 home game against Syracuse.

"(A team doctor) told me I'm no more at risk than any other guy on the field," he said. "That was a pretty good thing for me to hear, because it gives me confidence to go back out there. The whole thing I'm thinking about is how am I going to tackle? Am I going to change my approach? Is my head going to be way behind my body? I probably forget how to tackle. I have to get back to the basics, so hopefully the game hasn't gotten far away from me."

Mompremier returned to practice as a spectator last Tuesday and has been around the team since; he was selected by USF coach Jim Leavitt to be one of four game captains against N.C. State, a reflection of his leadership on an experienced defense.

"I'm really missing being out there," Mompremier said. "I'm not missing the running after practice, but missing the whole concept of football right now. It's hard, but I'm grateful to be out there with those guys."

Mompremier ran with his teammates at Sunday's practice but said he stopped after getting a headache. The Bulls will likely have a limited practice schedule next week with no game to prepare for, but Mompremier expects to return to drills in time to play in the next game.

"I'm pretty optimistic I'm going to be back (for) Syracuse," he said.

Good to hear he's doing fine now. I was worried as fu*k when it happened
 9 years ago '05        #448
BoSox84  OP
space
space
Anthony Hill saying peace to FSU coming to USF in January :applause:
 9 years ago '05        #449
booker20 
space
space
Tyler fu*kin Roberts is horrible.... Im pretty sure you learn in pop warner that if a wr gets with 5 yards of your cushion then u need to come out of your back pedal... he was in a zero coverage and let Baldwin run right pass him, no double move no stutter just right pass him... Gregory is fu*king terrible as a OC, they blitzin 6 against an empty set... hmmm 5 vs 6 who wins? we'll still win the conference but what a tough fu*kin game to watch
 9 years ago '05        #450
booker20 
space
space
SO fu*kIN HEATED right now.... Roberts is fu*kin terrible, everyweek this fool gets beasted on and yet Douglas keeps puttin him out there
 9 years ago '04        #451
lilsnatch770|M 101 heat pts101
space
space
$31,891 | Props total: 2001 2001
Na na na na! Na na na na! Hey hey hey

gooooood-bye!!
 10-02-2008, 10:07 PM         #452
Niggy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 lilsnatch770 said:

gooooood-bye!!
fu*k you.
 9 years ago '05        #453
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
$54,061 | Props total: 6960 6960
 booker20 said:
SO fu*kIN HEATED right now.... Roberts is fu*kin terrible, everyweek this fool gets beasted on and yet Douglas keeps puttin him out there
I see ya brother been kinda ballin...he rough the kicker than blocked the next punt
 9 years ago '05        #454
booker20 
space
space
 Junior G said:
I see ya brother been kinda ballin...he rough the kicker than blocked the next punt
yea it was a nice play but he should be startin at CB, fu*k Tyler Roberts its a reason hes a 5th year senior and couldnt sniff the field
 9 years ago '05        #455
booker20 
space
space
 lilsnatch770 said:

gooooood-bye!!
you do kno the Stache is still your coach and will find a way to drop 2 games in conference and we'll still win the conference
 9 years ago '04        #456
lilsnatch770|M 101 heat pts101
space
space
$31,891 | Props total: 2001 2001
 booker20 said:
you do kno the Stache is still your coach and will find a way to drop 2 games in conference and we'll still win the conference

Keep drinking that HATER-ADE!!

:applause::applause:

First place in the Big East!

:greetings10:
 9 years ago '05        #457
BoSox84  OP
space
space
God Roberts was awfulllllllllll last night Getting burned, missing tackles in the open field, 3 or 4 PI calls, could've been 2 or 3 more. Time to get his bum a.ss off the field. Jesus Christ coaches, there's a reason they kept going at him. Offensive playcalling was questionable once again. Some questionable penalties, but that isn't what cost us the game. sh*tty fu*kin football game. I was pissed as fu*k last night. Slept on it, and really the only thing I'm still pissed at is Toast Roberts
 9 years ago '05        #458
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
Jerome Murphy looked like doo-doo to. I was like damn this n*gga playin d-1 football
 9 years ago '05        #459
BoSox84  OP
space
space
 Junior G said:
Jerome Murphy looked like doo-doo to. I was like damn this n*gga playin d-1 football
I don't even really remember much goin his way, they were pickin on Roberts all night. One thing it seems any of our corners are unable to do is tackle in the open field. They make a few big hits on bubble screens and bullsh*t like that, but they have a knack for diving at people's feet in the open field
 9 years ago '05        #460
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
 BoSox84 said:
I don't even really remember much goin his way, they were pickin on Roberts all night. One thing it seems any of our corners are unable to do is tackle in the open field. They make a few big hits on bubble screens and bullsh*t like that, but they have a knack for diving at people's feet in the open field
It's not that he was gettin sh*t on throws. It's just he couldn't stop anybody with the ball. I seen it about 5 or 6 times. It wasn't all McCoy either.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
84 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
136 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
69 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
296 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dear Santa, you are a b!tch n!gga. Sincerely yours, the Santa Stalker.
39 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joyner Lucas responds back to criticisms of “I’m not racist”
103 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
86 comments
1 day ago