The Official 2007-2008 USF Thread

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
93 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
116 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
86 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
281 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '05        #381
BoSox84  OP
space
space
$21,183 | Props total: 26 26
Can't wait to see the home jerseys whenever they're done
 10 years ago '05        #382
BoSox84  OP
space
space
Rivals has Selvie as the #2 scariest defensive player in college football :applause:
 10 years ago '05        #383
booker20 
space
space
$10,293 | Props total: 0 0
With senior starters Tyrone McKenzie and Brouce Mompremier moving on after the 2008 season and little proven depth behind them, linebacker figures to be an area of focus for the Bulls in recruiting. USF has already secured a commitment from Tallahassee North Florida Christian's Chase Griffiths, and two other prospects the staff has in its sights are Largo's Mike Marry and Weston Cypress Bay's Shane Gordon.

Shane Gordon is one of three Division I linebacker prospects at Cypress Bay High School.
Both hold offers from the Bulls and both said they plan to be on campus later this month for the program's Super Bull senior showcase camp.

Marry could help USF break a streak at nearby Largo High. The staff recruited defensive back Leonard Johnson (Iowa State) last year and running back Dexter McCluster (Ole Miss) in 2006, but saw both sign elsewhere. This time around, the Bulls find themselves in competition with Stanford, Ole Miss, Purdue, Boston College, Vanderbilt, UCF and others.

Marry, an impressive student with a 3.75 GPA, named only one school Stanford when pressed to mention his favorites. But he did confirm that the Bulls are among the programs he'll continue to take a hard look at.

"I really like the coaches there," he said. "I like the way they play and I think I'd have a chance to play early. I'm just going to try to get to as many camps as possible over the summer to find the best fit."

As a junior, Marry recorded 142 tackles, four sacks, three interceptions and one forced fumble as he helped lead Largo to an undefeated regular season before losing in the Class 5A state semi-finals to St. Thomas Aquinas. Marry earned honorable mention all-state honors and was named the St. Petersburg Times defensive player of the year.

Gordon was just as impressive a season ago. Despite missing games with a nagging back injury, he was All-Broward County and a second team all-state choice in 6A. Gordon is one of a trio of linebackers at Cypress Bay (in addition to Phil Walker and Austin Gamble) who are projected Division I signees.

Gordon currently holds offer from USF, Syracuse, Pittsburgh, Ole Miss, Louisville, Mississippi State and Kentucky.

"They're close to home and they're a team on the come up. It usually takes programs decades to get where they have in just a couple of years," Gordon said of the Bulls. "I've never been there before so I'll get a good chance to check them out when I'm there for the Super Bull camp."

Gordon added that USF is recruiting him to play middle linebacker.

"I really play sideline to sideline and they've just said that if I came in there and worked hard I'd have a real good chance," he said.
 9 years ago '05        #384
BoSox84  OP
space
space
Looks like we might steal Rodney Scott from Auburn :wow: If that holds true, and Bellamy makes it on campus, them two with Battles is gonna make a loaded backfield in '09
 9 years ago '05        #385
booker20 
space
space
 BoSox84 said:
Looks like we might steal Rodney Scott from Auburn :wow: If that holds true, and Bellamy makes it on campus, them two with Battles is gonna make a loaded backfield in '09
Taylor and Ford are only sophs the sh*t is super crowded and dont sleep on Aston Samuels..... I got a question tho did you hear anything about Tyson Butler moving to offense? The players not really in contact with the coaches so my brother dont know whats goin on....
 9 years ago '05        #386
BoSox84  OP
space
space
Naw haven't heard anything on that. Far as a I knew he was pushing for playing time in the secondary
 9 years ago '04        #387
UknowWhatItIs 
space
space
$8,675 | Props total: 7 7
Yup rodney Scott wants to stay close to home. He is favoring USF right now.
 9 years ago '05        #388
BoSox84  OP
space
space
Yeah, the prevailing thought is that he's gonna give us a verbal at one of the summer camps
 9 years ago '05        #389
BoSox84  OP
space
space
Holy sh*t, we just had a hell of a recruiting weekend
 9 years ago '05        #390
booker20 
space
space
 BoSox84 said:
Holy sh*t, we just had a hell of a recruiting weekend
Green is a much bigger pick up than Dixon
 9 years ago '05        #391
BoSox84  OP
space
space
 booker20 said:
Green is a much bigger pick up than Dixon
The head guy for USF's Scout page said he thinks Eugene Smith and Ryne Giddens would likely commit here too. :applause:
 9 years ago '05        #392
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
$54,067 | Props total: 6969 6969
 BoSox84 said:
The head guy for USF's Scout page said he thinks Eugene Smith and Ryne Giddens would likely commit here too. :applause:
uh uhhhh...those FSU boys
 9 years ago '05        #393
BoSox84  OP
space
space
 Junior G said:
uh uhhhh...those FSU boys
There's a feeling out there that if Giddens doesn't end up at USC, he's gonna be at USF because he'd be really close to his mom
 9 years ago '05        #394
BoSox84  OP
space
space
Geno’s family talked it over and they decided not to do any college team camps. I was told they called Coach Scott about 5pm and told him that’s the reason he wasn’t coming. Geno talked to Coach Scott and a.ssured him it didn’t mean anything other than that. Then his father got on the phone and also talked with Coach Scott for about 5 minutes.

There was also a phone conversation after the camp as well. I saw Smith’s teammate Stedman Bailey on the phone and it was Geno he was talking to. The phone was then passed to a couple of the coaches…

Guys, I’ve been hearing for a while that Geno is leaning toward USF. I haven’t said much about it or lead anyone on until I had a good grip of the situation. Well now I feel like it’s time…I think Geno will be apart of the Bulls ’09 class and that chip could fall in the next two weeks or sooner.
And supposedly Giddens spent some time talking George Selvie and picking his brain about what's going on. Don't be surprised if the kid wants to come and follow in his foot steps
 9 years ago '05        #395
booker20 
space
space
 BoSox84 said:
I dont understand Smith at all.... you got Daniels and Voss.... he dropped other schools because of the competition at the position
 9 years ago '05        #396
BoSox84  OP
space
space
Don't know, don't care. All I know is this class is already shaping up to be our best to date, and we haven't even hit July yet
 9 years ago '05        #397
BoSox84  OP
space
space
 9 years ago '05        #398
BoSox84  OP
space
space
 P. Dedos said:
im happy to have yall on our schedule for a long tome

:wow:

good 2 see dat ur not scared like dem gaytors

Yeah, we got you guys next year @ Ray Jay. Then in '10 we got ya'll in MIA and the Gaytors in Gainesville :wow: sh*t's gonna be a wild season I think. We'd probably play FSU too if Gramps wasn't afraid we'd beat 'em and start takin recruits from 'em
 9 years ago '05        #399
booker20 
space
space
Heath is building a squad....
just added 6'3 blue chip transfer out of UGA, Mike Mercer
Mercer at PG Jones can move over to the SG( his true position) backcourt is gon be a problem....
 9 years ago '05        #400
BoSox84  OP
space
space
Team should be severely improved this season. Just sucks we ended up getting the toughest in conference schedule in the Big East. Out of the bottom 6 teams last year, 5 got one of the 6 easiest schedule in conference, and we were the one that didn't
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
98 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
64 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
34 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
57 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
210 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
25 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
152 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Drink Champs: Jim Jones (4 hours long)
65 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy