The Official 2007-2008 USF Thread

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
96 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
99 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA The Original Charlotte Hornets Logo
28 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Well Damn NEW VIDEO: (Preview/Snippet) Migos “Ice Tray” (Everyday Struggle)
78 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '05        #21
booker20 
space
space
$10,293 | Props total: 0 0
 BoSox84 said:
Saw the new video Rivals upped on Myron Dillard, cat's definitely fast and quick as sh*t. Only problem is, we're stacked at WR. I dunno, I'd like to see him offered and come in, can never have too much speed I guess
yea it would be nice to get him in... could move him around in the spread and get him in the open field...
 11 years ago '05        #22
BoSox84  OP
space
space
$21,183 | Props total: 26 26
-- In case you missed it: We had a short note in Friday's paper, saying that news of a Thanksgiving-week series between USF and Miami could be announced within the next month. A Miami official told the Times that "hopefully" an announcement can be made by then -- the two teams are already on the books for games in 2009, 2012 and 2013, and there's openings on both schedules to allow for November meetings in 2010 and 2011. The series is something Jim Leavitt has wanted for USF for a while and would be something of an undercard to UF-FSU in a big rivalry weekend for the state's top football programs.
Hell yes :applause:
 11 years ago '05        #23
booker20 
space
space
 BoSox84 said:
Hell yes :applause:
oh sh*t.... that would be a good weekend in florida
 11 years ago '05        #24
BoSox84  OP
space
space
Hell yeah, and 5 straight years with Miami on the schedule would help recruiting enormously, especially in-state
 11 years ago '05        #25
BoSox84  OP
space
space
Damn man, baseball team was in the driver's seat this weekend in the Big East tourney. Advanced to the semi final without losing and only had to win 1 out of 2 to advance to the title game, and got fu*kin shutout twice :banghead: Definitely a huge improvement this year over last though, I like where things are going with Prado coachin the team
 11 years ago '05        #26
BoSox84  OP
space
space
Bulls and Hurricanes agree to extended series
USF Release
Special to USFBullsEYE.com

By agreeing to play on Thanksgiving weekend in 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013, USF and Miami have now put the finishing touches on a six-game football series that actually started with the teams' first meeting Oct. 1, 2005 in Miami.

USF and Miami will play Sept. 26, 2009 in Raymond James Stadium before the final four games of the series move to Thanksgiving weekend with the anticipation of national television opportunities. The 2010 and 2012 games will be at Miami, while the 2011 and 2013 games will be in Tampa.

"It has been a tremendous pleasure to work with (Miami A.D.) Paul Dee and the management at ESPN in bringing this series to fruition," said USF Director of Athletics Doug Woolard. "We have always shared a strong desire with Miami to make a long term series happen, and at the same time ESPN has expressed it has a strong desire to have rivalry matchups like this one available for its Thanksgiving weekend selections. We think this is a great game for fans of college football."

While finalizing the Miami series, USF has also moved previously announced dates with Florida and Indiana. USF is still scheduled to play at Florida in 2010, but has now moved the second game in the series to 2015. Meanwhile, a home date originally scheduled at Raymond James Stadium in 2011 with Indiana will be played in 2016. The actual dates for the Florida and Indiana games are to be determined at a later time.

"We're pleased to expand this series by two more games. The University of South Florida is a tremendously successful new program in college football, having just started Division I-A football in the last decade, and in that time they have had outstanding success. We're playing not only USF, but a Big East Conference school," Dee said.

USF FUTURE NON-CONFERENCE OPPONENTS:

2008 - Tennessee-Martin, at UCF, Kansas, at FIU, at N.C. State

2009 - Wofford, FIU, Miami, at Indiana

2010 - at Miami, Samford, at Florida, FAU

2011 - Miami

2012 - Michigan State, at Miami

2013 - at Michigan State, FAU, Miami

2014 - N.C. State

2015 - at Florida

2016 - Indiana
:applause:
 11 years ago '05        #27
booker20 
space
space
damn looks good they are coming up... im trying to convince my brother to red shirt because there are 2 senior DBs that coulda went to the league but hes been telling me fu*k it I'll play nickel... he redshirts and gets Miami for 4years
 11 years ago '05        #28
BoSox84  OP
space
space
 booker20 said:
damn looks good they are coming up... im trying to convince my brother to red shirt because there are 2 senior DBs that coulda went to the league but hes been telling me fu*k it I'll play nickel... he redshirts and gets Miami for 4years
Even playin nickel will be tough. We got this cat Jerome Murphy that could step in pretty well if either Williams or Jenkins goes down. Our secondary is like our receivers, we're extreeeemely deep
 11 years ago '05        #29
booker20 
space
space
 BoSox84 said:
Even playin nickel will be tough. We got this cat Jerome Murphy that could step in pretty well if either Williams or Jenkins goes down. Our secondary is like our receivers, we're extreeeemely deep
yea i got no doubt he has the talent to do it... he jus needs to sit to add the wieght... he'll make an impact on the D by his soph. year... Im hoping Nate Allen stops playing so cautious and steps up at safety too...
 11 years ago '05        #30
BoSox84  OP
space
space
Ponton, Verpaele, Benzer, and Glover out for 2007
Staff Report
USFBullsEYE.com Staff

Running back Ricky Ponton and safety Danny Verpaele have been declared ineligible for the 2007 season, and Ponton has been granted his release to transfer to another university. Verpaele will remain enrolled at USF, head coach Jim Leavitt said Friday.

Leavitt also said placekicker Mike Benzer will no longer play football, but plans to focus on his academics while remaining enrolled at USF. Redshirt freshman linebacker LeBrandon Glover also plans to transfer.

Ponton becomes the final of the three players suspended prior to last season to now leave the program permanently - joining receiver Jackie Chambers and defensive end Josh Julmiste. All three were suspended for the first six games of the 2006 campaign.

Ponton looked to be the eventual heir apparent to Andre Hall when he rushed for 373 yards and two touchdowns in a reserve role to Hall in 2005.

He returned from his suspension in fine fashion last season, collecting his first career 100-yard game with 101 yards on 17 carries at North Carolina. Ponton, however, was used sparingly over the final six games and finished the season with 73 rushing attempts and 306 yards. He also had seven receptions for 50 yards.

Verpaele was a true freshman standout for the Bulls in 2004. He started seven games and finished fourth on the team with 57 total tackles. He added six tackles for loss and a pair of sacks.

After sitting out the 2005 season as a medical redshirt with a broken foot, he returned to the lineup last season and played in all 13 games, collecting 39 tackles (27 solo), six pass breakups and an interception. Verpaele also forced a fumble on the goal line by West Virginia RB Steve Slaton that turned out to be a key play in USF's huge victory.

Benzer won the starting place-kicking job as a true freshman in 2005, but missed his first three field goal attempts and one of three PAT tries before going to the bench. He again worked his way into the starting lineup last season, but was just 2-for-6 on field goals with a long of 30 yards before relinquishing the job to freshman Delbert Alvarado.

Glover was one of the highest rated prospects in the Bulls' 2006 recruiting class and redshirted last season. He originally committed to Mississippi State before signing with USF and was also pursued by Illinois.
Won't miss Ponton too much, we're deep at runningback, and I don't think we'll miss Glover or Benzer either. We might miss Verpaele, we'll have to wait and see :banghead:
 11 years ago '05        #31
booker20 
space
space
I was jus talking bout nate in my other post.... he'll prolly be the starter at safety now...
 11 years ago '05        #32
BoSox84  OP
space
space
There was a good chance he'd be starting regardless. Verpaele wasn't a lock to be the starter anyway. The only reason I think we might miss him at least early on is because he's experienced, he's started in both years that he's played (missed his second year with a broken foot or leg or something like that).
 11 years ago '04        #33
UknowWhatItIs 
space
space
$8,675 | Props total: 7 7
yall got mike ford didnt ya??? wasnt he supposed to go to bama?
 11 years ago '05        #34
booker20 
space
space
 UknowWhatItIs said:
yall got mike ford didnt ya??? wasnt he supposed to go to bama?
yea the kid is a beast out of the I form and single back.... shotgun no so much YET....
 11 years ago '05        #35
BoSox84  OP
space
space
Yeah, that's gonna be the challenge for him. Getting better out of the shotgun, cuz we run the shotgun A LOT
 11 years ago '06        #36
Against D Grain 
space
space
$6,357 | Props total: 346 346
By looking at you guys schedule, I think you guys can win at least 8 or 9 games on your schedule, I think you guys should do well this year, your coach is building a nice program down there in South Florida....
 11 years ago '05        #37
BoSox84  OP
space
space
Here's one of those notes that will get one paragraph in the paper but will mean a lot to Bulls fans: former USF linebacker Patrick St. Louis, a defensive co-captain on last year's team, has joined USF's coaching staff as a graduate a.ssistant in Ronnie McKeefery's strength and conditioning program.

St. Louis, honored with the team's "First-Teamer Award" this spring, given to the player who shows "leadership both on and off the field, has great character, physical and mental toughness." He worked out for pro scouts, hoping to land a free-agent NFL contract, but wasn't able to latch on anywhere. He's long professed a desire to get into coaching, and USF's coaches are excited to have him on staff and hopeful his work ethic will spill over to younger players, in the weight room and on the field.

Speaking of McKeefery's staff, he's filled an opening on his staff with Kaz Kazadi, a 33-year-old who spent the last two seasons as a strength and conditioning a.ssistant with the NFL's Kansas City Chiefs. Kazadi played linebacker at Tulsa and was drafted by the NFL's St. Louis Rams, and has college experience from being on the strength staff at Missouri in 2004. Born in Zaire, his academic background is a lot like Jim Leavitt, a Missouri graduate -- Kazadi has an undergraduate degree in sociology with a minor in psychology, and a master's from Missouri in counseling psychology. McKeefery had promoted former graduate a.ssistant Aaron Quarberg into his other vacant a.ssistant position.
 11 years ago '05        #38
Santoro 12 heat pts12
space
space
$7,949 | Props total: 6 6
 booker20 said:
USF @ BX is 3 strong...
Definitely not 3 strong. I'm one. I love their football program. Their Bball thats another story. It should be decent this year. Can't wait to get drunk at Raymond James and watch Mike Ford & Grothe run all over people.
 11 years ago '05        #39
BoSox84  OP
space
space
 Santoro said:
Definitely not 3 strong. I'm one. I love their football program. Their Bball thats another story. It should be decent this year. Can't wait to get drunk at Raymond James and watch Mike Ford & Grothe run all over people.
Basketball is on it's way back up I think. Stan Heath was the perfect guy that we could get for this program.

And what's up with the football thing man, you gonna swing by our tailgate one of these days or what?
 10 years ago '05        #40
BoSox84  OP
space
space
Alton Voss got cleared academically by the NCAA :applause:

-- An update on the recruiting front: the Times' Izzy Gould talked with Gulf quarterback Alton Voss, who said Wednesday that he has been told by the NCAA Clearinghouse that he is fully qualified and cleared to report next week for classes at USF. Good news for USF's quarterback depth, though Voss is still likely to redshirt this fall, as most freshmen do.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
54 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
114 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
270 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
48 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
70 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - Alien Spacecraft Discovered? Scientists believe so
28 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
11 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake prepping new LP with another new accent
81 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy