Phat ass white girl for real
33 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
65 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
105 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '05        #361
booker20 
space
space
$10,293 | Props total: 0 0
It's hard to imagine that the deck could be more stacked against Alton Voss.

Matt Grothe is entering his third year as a starter with aspirations that don't end at all-conference recognition. Grant Gregory proved to be a reliable backup last season and just happens to be the son of the team's offensive coordinator. And expected on campus in a few months is a hotshot youngster named B.J. Daniels, who many are already penciling in as Grothe's natural heir apparent.

USFBullsEYE.com
Alton Voss is eager to prove that he has a future at QB for the Bulls.
Add in the fact that Voss missed the bulk of his possible practice time in 2007 with a broken thumb and it would seem that the redshirt freshman has a better chance at winning the Florida lottery than any pla
ying time at quarterback for the Bulls in the near future.

But someone forgot to tell Voss.

"I have a great opportunity. Like the coaches said the first day in the team meeting, everybody has an opportunity to start. I have the same chance as everybody else, so I just have to make the best of it," he said. "Coach (Greg) Gregory has stressed that this isn't a continuation of last season, this is a whole new start."

Even with the long odds, you have to believe that there is at least some reason – and precedent – for Voss' optimism. Although realistically Grothe is nearly untouchable, the backup spot should be in play, and Head Coach Jim Leavitt said following Monday's practice that Voss and Gregory would both get plenty of opportunities to state their cases over the next few weeks.

As for Daniels being a no-brainer to take the reins from Grothe in 2010 – you need look no further than Grothe's path to starter, which saw him eclipse prematurely anointed super-recruit Carlton Hill. Still, Leavitt went so far as to admit that he had no plans to redshirt Daniels in 2008 and, "we're expecting a lot out of him."

Voss remains unfazed, however, and said that his attitude this spring is to just let it all hang out.

"That's exactly what I'm doing. I just want to show the coaches everything that I have. If they like you, they like you. If they don't, they don't and then you look for a different option. But I'm just going to do everything I can to show them what I can do as a quarterback," he said.

Voss made his first strides during the practices leading up to USF's Sun Bowl appearance last December. Several of his teammates said that Voss was very impressive during the annual "Bull Bowls," which give the young scout team players a chance to perform in game situations.

That probably said a lot for Voss' natural athletic ability, given that he saw little practice time all year with his broken thumb in a cast early on. He has had a history of overcoming injury, with knee and elbow surgeries already on his health chart.

"I've dealt with being hurt before, but it was really tough because it was my first year and I had to sit out and just watch. I did the best I could when I came back. That's all that really matters," he said.

"Even though I wasn't out there, I got a good feel for how things go – practices, meetings, game days. Your first year as a freshman, you have to spend a lot of time just getting used to the college life. Schoolwork is definitely different from high school and the professors don't care what you're doing in football or other classes. They just want to know what you can do in their class. Things can pile up on you. It's just a matter of how you organize your time."

As for the football end, Voss is clearly using Grothe's aforementioned path as personal motivation to reach for his own goals.

"Watching him just makes me step my game up," he said. "We all know he's one on the team who's had to strive to get where he's at. It just makes me work as hard as I can to do my best."

And his goals for spring 2008?

"I'm just focused on learning the offense, reading my coverages . . . all the basics. With the proven guys we have on offense, they can pick you up when you make a mistake because of their experience. It makes you feel good when you're in there. I'm just going to try to get the ball to the playmakers who can put points on the board," he said.
I like voss's game... Daniels and Voss should be a good competition for starting spot in a couple years
 10 years ago '05        #362
BoSox84  OP
space
space
$21,183 | Props total: 26 26
Yeah, I'm hoping he gets all the garbage playing time in some blowouts this year instead of Gregory. I'm interested to see what he can do
 10 years ago '05        #363
BoSox84  OP
space
space
Hey Booker, what's your brother weighin in at these days?
 10 years ago '05        #364
booker20 
space
space
 BoSox84 said:
Hey Booker, what's your brother weighin in at these days?
5'11 178-183 pretty good for a RS hes working pretty hard.... hes tryin to get Robert's spot....
 10 years ago '05        #365
booker20 
space
space
TAMPA – On an unusually cool day in Tampa, the USF football team turned up the intensity during Tuesday’s practice.

Head coach Jim Leavitt began the practice with board drills, which is a one-on-one hitting drill that immediately riled up both sides of the ball.

“We had a pretty good practice,” said Leavitt. “I was happy with the effort. We’re moving forward, but nowhere near where we need to be.”

A couple national writers, who were in town covering the First and Second Rounds of the NCAA Tournament in Tampa, also came through the USF Athletics Department to work on spring stories.

Mark Schlabach of ESPN.com is working on a feature story for Wednesday on senior LB Tyrone McKenzie, who has taken over the leadership role on the defense with the departure of LB Ben Moffitt.

“The middle linebacker spot is an area of concern for me,” said Leavitt. “I know that (Coach) Wally (Burnham) will have it all under control, but it is tough to replace a three-year starter and a leader like Ben Moffitt.”

Currently, McKenzie is taking reps at middle and weak side linebacker as the Bulls defensive staff works in junior college transfer Kion Wilson at Mike linebacker. The transition has been slowed by a nagging injury that has kept Brouce Mompremier from fully participating in spring drills.

Nashville based writer David Fox of Yahoo.com is also cooking up an extensive piece about USF football and whether or not the rankings, fame and success of 2007 changed the program. He sat down with Coach Leavitt, Pass Game Coordinator Mike Canales, Defensive End Coach Kevin Patrick, George Selvie and Matt Grothe over the last two days.

One spring football piece that has already hit the web comes from Pete Fiutak of FoxSports.com. He labels DE George Selvie as an "already-known players ready to go nuclear in 2008."

GoUSFBulls.com has a trio of exclusive video interviews to offer up today. First off the bat are two of the cornerbacks, senior Tyller Roberts and redshirt-freshman Quenton Washington, that are attempting to replace the NFL bound-duo of Mike Jenkins and Trae Williams. Defensive backs coach Troy Douglas also checked in for a quick one-on-one.

interviews^^^^^^^^^

Last edited by booker20; 03-26-2008 at 09:43 PM..
 10 years ago '05        #366
BoSox84  OP
space
space
ESPN's trying to push for a new bowl game for the Big East in St. Pete. The only problem being that it would be against a C-DOA team :banghead:
 10 years ago '05        #367
booker20 
space
space
TAMPA- The first scrimmage of the spring failed to answer a question that has been on the minds of most University of South Florida fans since the end of last season.

Will the Bulls establish a running game with their running backs that will add more balance to the offense and take the load off quarterback Matt Grothe?

The four running backs, who shared the load on Saturday rushed for a combined 36 yards on 23 carries, which doesn't bode well for the future. Of course, the numbers can be misleading because head coach Jim Leavitt likes to keep things very vanilla in the spring.

Under the scrimmage rules, all the defenders had to do was basically touch a quarterback to end a play, which allowed them to focus more on the running backs. Still, those who were hoping for a change in offensive philosophy, might be a little concerned.

USF head coach Jim Leavitt has let it be known in some circles that he would like to see a bigger contribution from the running backs and that Mike Ford should get more of an opportunity this year. The upcoming sophomore has trimmed his body fat and added muscle, but is still a load to bring down at 6-2, 225 pounds and is someone who can wear down defenses over the course of the game.

His numbers along with Ben Williams, Jamar Taylor and Shawn Cannon, were not the kind that solid running games are established on. But the question remains whether the problems lies with the backs, the offensive line or is the result of a general coaching philosophy.

To the dismay of some, USF offensive coordinator Greg Gregory was quick to pull the plug on the running backs last year if he felt early in the game that the Bulls couldn't get a running game going. He did it in the Sun Bowl before the score got out of hand, raising the questions of whether he should exercise a little more patience.

Leavitt said he couldn't evaluate the running game without looking at film, but the turnovers committed by the offense via four interceptions and two forced fumbles didn't sit well with anyone connected with the offense.

A bright spot on offense was the play of receiver A.J. Love, who caught three passes for 38 yards and touchdown. The 6-2, 195 pound sophomore is not a surprise to anyone who saw him play in high school.. He didn't have big numbers at Bradenton Southeast because the team had an inexperienced quarterback and two other receivers who caught a combined 57 passes, which didn't leave him with a lot of opportunities.

In his senior year, Love caught only nine passes for 109 yards and two touchdowns, but he showed a knack for separating himself from defenders and displayed a good set of hands with an ability to run the ball for yardage after the catch. He ran a 4.45 second 40-yard dash this spring, which was the second fastest on the team.

One of the most impressive performances was turned in by senior Tyller Roberts, who has waited patiently behind projected NFL first round pick Mike Jenkins for three years. Roberts, who has come under criticism for some of his play on the field, had five tackles, including a sack for a nine yard loss.

Jerome Murphy was also impressive with an interception, blocked field goal and three tackles and safety Carlton Williams topped everyone with six tackles and added an interception.
36 lines
Doesnt say how Roberts continued to be burned on hitchs is the reason he made 5 tackles or that he missed 3 other potential tackles....
 10 years ago '05        #368
BoSox84  OP
space
space
I heard your brother dumped Ryan Schmidt on his a.ss
 10 years ago '05        #369
booker20 
space
space
 BoSox84 said:
I heard your brother dumped Ryan Schmidt on his a.ss
incited a brawl and was booted from practice sh*t was hilarious
 10 years ago '05        #370
BoSox84  OP
space
space
Can't wait for the spring game on Saturday
 10 years ago '05        #371
BoSox84  OP
space
space
Spring game tomorrow night!! :applause:
 10 years ago '05        #372
booker20 
space
space
 BoSox84 said:
Spring game tomorrow night!! :applause:
I'll be there.... they actually tryin to charge people to get into UCF's spring game

P. Dedos said:
difton is no joke u got a good one

miami camp

yea I was watchin his film.... he is gon nice... AB and Difton, 09' class>>>>>

Last edited by booker20; 04-12-2008 at 09:46 AM..
 10 years ago '05        #373
BoSox84  OP
space
space
 booker20 said:
I'll be there.... they actually tryin to charge people to get into UCF's spring game

yea I was watchin his film.... he is gon nice... AB and Difton, 09' class>>>>>
That's because UCF sucks a.ss, and they're probably still tryin to get out of debt with all the new facilities they've been building
 10 years ago '05        #374
booker20 
space
space
voss looked nice out there 3 for 4 and rushed for 30.... jus gotta get his reads down
 10 years ago '05        #375
BoSox84  OP
space
space
I think I read somewhere that Wally decided to go with Mckenzie in the middle with Mompremier going weak side and Robinson going strong side. Dude, from the moment Moffitt played his last game, I wanted this lineup. Robinson had a field day with WVU's offense in Morgantown, and McKenzie was a beast at MLB at ISU. The linebacking corps will be fu*kin solid
 10 years ago '05        #376
booker20 
space
space
 BoSox84 said:
I think I read somewhere that Wally decided to go with Mckenzie in the middle with Mompremier going weak side and Robinson going strong side. Dude, from the moment Moffitt played his last game, I wanted this lineup. Robinson had a field day with WVU's offense in Morgantown, and McKenzie was a beast at MLB at ISU. The linebacking corps will be fu*kin solid
Defense is still gonna be our strong point but :wow: @ Mike Ford he looks like hes back in football shape.... hes gonna go off for 1200 this year if he gets the carries...
 10 years ago '05        #377
BoSox84  OP
space
space
He better get the carries. And as long as he shows he no longer has the fumbling problem he had the first few games last year, he'll get the carries IMO
 10 years ago '05        #378
booker20 
space
space
Throughout the recruiting process some prospects tend to jump the gun and commit to a school before they are truly ready.

CuseConfidential was just in informed by wide receiver Dwayne Difton that he is opening his recruitments back up and de-committing from South Florida.

After talking the commitment over with his mother they decided that he needs to look at all of his options. South Florida is still the number one school for Difton at this point.

Syracuse and Troy remain his only other offers at this point, but he feels that Minnesota, Virginia, and Auburn could offer soon.
 10 years ago '05        #379
BoSox84  OP
space
space
They finally got the UA uniforms done. Here's the new road uni:

[pic - click to view]

05-19-2008, 10:08 PM         #380
Niggy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Those are beautiful.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
113 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
57 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
136 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
20 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
206 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
141 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
58 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy