Image(s) inside Chinxs Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
122 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
150 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
39 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '05        #341
BoSox84  OP
space
space
$21,183 | Props total: 26 26
Also, that Cory Liuget kid who verballed to Illinois loved his visit and has us right up there now, might be able to steal him away from the Zooker
 10 years ago '05        #342
BoSox84  OP
space
space
Leavitt got a nice raise
 10 years ago '05        #343
booker20 
space
space
$10,293 | Props total: 0 0
 BoSox84 said:
Leavitt got a nice raise
Daniels didnt go to Michigan but Farrell says Miami is Streeters favorite at this point and doesnt even list USF as in contention :banghead:
 10 years ago '05        #344
BoSox84  OP
space
space
Yeah, we missed out on Streeter, but Baker and Daniels committed so that's good. Baker is the next Mike Jenkins
 10 years ago '05        #345
booker20 
space
space
 BoSox84 said:
Yeah, we missed out on Streeter, but Baker and Daniels committed so that's good. Baker is the next Mike Jenkins
Daniels was a huge pick up hes a big time star and he'll help the bball team too.... avgs like 27 a game
 10 years ago '05        #346
booker20 
space
space
# FEATURED RUNNING BACK:

Ford should have a chance to establish himself as the go-to guy in the backfield this spring.
For the second consecutive season, quarterback Matt Grothe finished the year as the Bulls' top ground gainer. For those hoping the staff might consider limiting the amount of contact absorbed by their star signal caller, forget it. His 198 carries in 2007 were more than Benjamin Williams, Jamar Taylor and Aston Samuels combined. Grothe has proven he's sturdy enough, and he's simply too dangerous as a runner to tighten the reins. Still, this spring looks like the time for sophomore Mike Ford to solidify his status as USF's featured running back. Ford's rookie season was an unpredictable rollercoaster of work. After 21 attempts in week two at Auburn, Ford became a non-factor, carrying just 37 times through the next seven games. In the final three regular-season outings, however, Ford saw the bulk of his work and yards, rushing 68 times for 337 of his 645 total yards on the year. A sign of things to come? Maybe. If Ford has a solid spring and a good offseason in the weight room and classroom, there's no reason to think he won't become the consistent go-to guy in the 2008 backfield.

# MIDDLE LINEBACKER:

It's time for life after Ben Moffitt, who solidified the middle of USF's defense for three years. The initial spring depth chart lists sophomore Alonzo McQueen as the starter at the position, but it's clearly a wide open race, with junior college signee Kion Wilson expected by all to eventually wind up with the job. He's sitting in the same position Tyrone McKenzie was this time last year when he transferred in from Iowa State and had to prove he deserved a starting nod despite past production. There's certainly no guarantee, however, and the Bulls are clearly hoping Wilson will change their fortunes with JUCO defenders. The last three brought in with expectations of making an impact defensive tackles Antonio Searcy and Frank Harry, and linebacker Donte Spires barely registered. Many thought Spires would usurp Brouce Mompremier last season, but Mompremier showed that the guys who've put in their time in the system aren't going to step aside for a newcomer without a f!ght. And what about McKenzie? He started all 12 games at middle linebacker for ISU in 2006 and finished eighth in the nation with 129 total tackles. Could his future eventually find him back inside if the other candidates falter?

# CORNERBACK:

Clearly, all eyes will be on the two cornerback positions throughout spring. You don't lose a pair of all-conference cover men and a top reserve in the same season and not worry about whether there are adequate replacements in the pipeline regardless of who's next in line. But in USF's case, it doesn't look like an open audition to find the heirs to Mike Jenkins and Trae Williams, because junior Jerome Murphy and senior Tyller Roberts seem to be the corners-in-waiting. Both have already played a lot of football in key games. Murphy, in particular, appears to be more than ready for an increased role. In 2007, he was the team's top nickel back, made 37 tackles including a career-best seven against West Virginia intercepted two passes, broke up five more and forced a pair of fumbles. He was also a dangerous return man. Roberts has already appeared in 37 games as a Bull including 12 last year when he was a top backup at corner. Behind Murphy and Roberts is where some of the drama will play out. There is no experienced depth. Special teamer Dylan Douglas and promising redshirt freshman Quentin Washington, a high school teammate of WVU's Noel Devine, get the first crack. With the glut of experienced safeties on the roster (Nate Allen, Carlton Williams, Louis Gachette, Danny Verpaele), could one of the reserves there possibly redshirt freshman Jerrell Young get a look at corner?

# OFFENSIVE RIGHT TACKLE:

Here's another spot where the spring depth chart could look considerably different in a few weeks. Sophomore and former walk-on Jacob Sims is penciled in as the replacement for the graduated Walter Walker, but there has been plenty of speculation about the possibility of senior guard Ryan Schmidt making a permanent move to tackle. That would seem to make sense. Schmidt has the size at 6-foot-5 and 327 pounds. The Bulls also have two very solid potentially all-conference guards returning in Matt Huners and Zach Hermann. If Schmidt does move, the question will again be with USF's depth behind him and left tackle Marc Dile. Are Sims and redshirt freshmen Chaz Hine and Thomas Edenfield ready if there are injury issues like the Bulls experienced a season ago? It would seem to be a big spring for those youngsters and others, like reserve center Kevin McCaskill and guard Jeremiah Warren. Looking ahead to 2009, USF loses Schmidt, Dile, Huners and center Jake Griffin. Now is the time to groom reserves into future starters.

# DEFENSIVE TACKLE:

With the departures of Richard Clebert and Alan Cray, the Bulls lose 57 tackles, 14.5 tackles for loss and six sacks from a season ago. They also lose two players who had seen it all in the trenches over their careers. Only junior Aaron Harris returns with significant experience, but the staff thought enough of nose tackle Terrell McClain to forego his redshirt last season. He's first in line to replace Clebert/Cray and has tons of size (6-3/306) and potential. The real experiment, however, finds sophomore Sampson Genus now listed as No. 2 behind McClain. Are the coaches hoping for a George Selvie redux? The staff gushed about Selvie's potential as a center before moving him to defensive end, where he became USF's first concensus All-American last year. Likewise, Genus drew rave reviews as a true freshman and took some snaps at offensive guard, but he'll get a shot on the other side this spring. The real question is whether it's simply a move to add spring depth there or is Genus a serious candidate?
if Grothe is fu*kin up this year i think Daniels can challenge for the spot....
 10 years ago '05        #347
booker20 
space
space
2 Carlton Mitchell 6-4 210 So.
5 A.J. Love 6-3 196 So.
6 Ed Alcin 6-2 185 So.
87 Jessie Hester, Jr. 6-0 174 Jr.
81 Patrick Richardson 6-0 163 RFr.
LT 78 Marc Dile 6-4 309 Sr.
72 Joe Herzhauser 6-4 263 So.
LG 65 Ryan Schmidt 6-4 327 Sr.
71 Matt Huners 6-3 305 Sr.
C 77 Jake Griffin 6-4 307 Sr.
66 Kevin McCaskill 6-2 300 RFr.
RG 61 Zach Hermann 6-3 313 So.
55 Jeremiah Warren 6-4 326 R-Fr.
RT 64 Jacob Sims 6-5 290 So.
79 Chaz Hine 6-4 289 RFr.
or 74 Thomas Edenfield 6-6 297 RFr.
TE 9 Cedric Hil 6-3 230 Sr.
82 Ben Busbee 6-3 242 Jr.
Y 89 Taurus Johnson 6-1 204 Sr.
81 Dontavia Bogan 6-1 180 So.
Z 11 Marcus Edwards 5-11 164 Sr.
29 Colby Erskin 5-9 185 Jr.
QB 8 Matt Grothe 6-0 213 Jr.
15 Grant Gregory 6-1 205 Sr.
RB 26 Mike Ford 6-2 225 So.
30 Benjamin Williams 5-7 200 Sr.
33 Jamar Taylor 5-9 205 So.
20 Aston Samuels 5-10 176 So.
LE 90 Jarriett Buie 6-4 249 Sr.
93 Matt Aycox 6-2 240 Jr.
NT 97 Terrell McClain 6-3 306 So.
62 Sampson Genus 6-1 308 So.
DT 98 Aaron Harris 6-4 264 Jr.
51 Keith McCaskill 5-11 255 RFr.
RE 95 George Selvie 6-4 242 Jr.
41 Patrick Hampton 6-3 225 RFr.
SAM 27 *Tyrone McKenzie 6-2 235 Sr.
49 Chris Robinson 6-3 233 Jr.
MIKE 57 Alonzo McQueen 6-1 255 So.
42 Kion Wilson 6-2 235 Jr.
WILL 53 Brouce Mompremier 6-1 227 Sr.
43 Sabbath Joseph 6-0 221 So.
BC 6 Tyller Roberts 6-1 185 Sr.
2 Dylan Douglas 5-10 182 So.
SS 32 Carlton Williams 6-4 214 Sr.
7 Louis Gachette 6-3 215 Sr.
FS 5 Nate Allen 6-2 200 Jr.
17 Danny Verpaele 5-11 200 Sr.
FC 3 Jerome Murphy 6-1 176 Jr.
16 Quenton Washington 5-10 172 RFr.
K 25 Delbert Alvarado 6-0 196 Jr.
27 Justin Teachey 5-11 176 Sr.
KO 27 Justin Teachey 5-11 176 Sr.
25 Delbert Alvarado 6-0 196 Jr.
P 25 Delbert Alvarado 6-0 196 Jr.
27 Justin Teachey 5-11 176 Sr.
LS 67 Eric Setser 6-1 240 Sr.
68 Mike Walsh 5-10 210 RFr.
Spring depth chart

Last edited by booker20; 03-07-2008 at 05:15 PM..
 03-08-2008, 02:01 PM         #348
-Scar- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Seem To Be Returning A Young Team.....I'd Like To See If They Start Out Ranked Or Even Close Being Ranked....Grothe Seems Like A Future Sunday QB....
 10 years ago '05        #349
booker20 
space
space
 Simba said:
Seem To Be Returning A Young Team.....I'd Like To See If They Start Out Ranked Or Even Close Being Ranked....Grothe Seems Like A Future Sunday QB....
we lost our 3 best players (Jenkins, Williams, Moffit) we're really young at corner... Murphy will start at one... my brother is battle for the other spot wit a few other players wit little experience at cb....Grothe's finally got some competition... B.J. daniels is one of the most underrated recruits in the 08' class because hes only 6 ft tall... but he started at lincoln for 2 years...

Last edited by booker20; 03-08-2008 at 02:13 PM..
 03-08-2008, 02:15 PM         #350
-Scar- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
No Way In Hell They Sit Grothe For An Undersized Freshman....Won't happen Under Any Circumstance Other Than Grothe Being Injured....

Can't See It Happening....
 10 years ago '05        #351
booker20 
space
space
 Simba said:
No Way In Hell They Sit Grothe For An Undersized Freshman....Won't happen Under Any Circumstance Other Than Grothe Being Injured....

Can't See It Happening....
hes not gonna come in and start but grothe fu*ked up in a few games... he had a 5 int game against Uconn... and a 4 turnover game against Oregon... there was nobody behind him last now and i dont kno if u noticed but Grothe but Daniels is 5'11 and grothe is about 5'10 hes listed at 6ft but hes not... so he is undersized too... my point was he has a reason not to fu*k up this year...
 03-08-2008, 03:12 PM         #352
-Scar- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Oh Then Yeah Definitely....
 10 years ago '05        #353
BoSox84  OP
space
space
 booker20 said:
if Grothe is fu*kin up this year i think Daniels can challenge for the spot....
I don't really see it happening. Leavitt is beyond loyal to his guys. Look at how long he stuck with Julmiste, and almost stuck with him for the '06 season if Grothe hadn't played well when he took over the second half of the McNeese State game.

Also, we got our first commitment for next season with this running back Adaris Bellamy (Scout has said they will start him out at 3 stars) out of Dunedin. Kid is 215 lbs at 5'9" and he's supposed to be one of the top 4 or 5 backs in the state :wow: Also, there's word that Kevin Newsome (4 star QB, #5 at his position) out of Virginia is very interested in USF. Apparently his high school coach and Gregory have a pretty good relationship. This could be a VERY good recruiting season

Last edited by BoSox84; 03-09-2008 at 08:24 AM..
 10 years ago '05        #354
BoSox84  OP
space
space
Also, as I see it, Daniels will likely redshirt this year, and Voss will be pushing Gregory for the backup spot. I would love to get a couple blowouts this season and let Voss get some game action under his belt.
 10 years ago '05        #355
booker20 
space
space
 BoSox84 said:
Also, as I see it, Daniels will likely redshirt this year, and Voss will be pushing Gregory for the backup spot. I would love to get a couple blowouts this season and let Voss get some game action under his belt.
yea i was sayin daniels was gonna start I meant now Grothe has a reason not to fu*k up.... Voss is nice too, I glad they didnt move him to db... there wont be any 5 int games from grothe this year....
 10 years ago '05        #356
booker20 
space
space
At 5-foot-9, 220 pounds, Adaris Bellamy has tremendous strength that is matched only by his terrific feet. The Dunnedin, Fla. running back could end up being one of the top running backs in the state of Florida in 2008. The University of South Florida hopes so because Bellamy decided on Sunday that he will be a Bull.

Adaris Bellamy become USF's first commitment in 2009.
On Sunday, while at USF for a Junior Day, Bellamy saw all he needed to see but he had a good feeling going into the weekend.

“I went to previous practices before and talking to some of the coaches and some of the players and seeing how practices went it seems like a real family environment,” Bellamy said. “The players are real down to earth. The coaches are real down to earth.”

While actually on campus on Sunday, the family atmosphere is what finally sealed the deal for the running back.

“When I was at the Junior Day I was talking to the coaches and they just made me feel like part of the family,” he said. “I took my little brother with my and they made my little brother comfortable. It felt like home. I thought about it and went to Coach Levitt and told him I wanted to commit. He was real excited about it, real happy.”

Bellamy will be joining a new family at South Florida but the hometown school will allow him to stay close to his real family.

“[The distance] was important,” he said. “I didn’t want to go too far. I can see my family whenever.”

Though the commitment is coming very early in the process, Bellamy insists that he didn’t plan it that way.

“It wasn’t something that I had planned,” he confirmed. “I really didn’t know when I was going to commit. When I went down there I just fell in love. It’s good to get the weight off my shoulders but then again, it’s not off my shoulders because I can always change my mind.”

Claiming offers from Clemson and Ole Miss along with USF, Bellamy will likely have his offer list continue to grow despite his commitment but he claims he won’t be seeking out any new offers. However, Bellamy is still keeping an open mind.

“I’m gonna go out with an open mind,” he said. “I’m going to listen to anything, take everything in. Hopefully in the long run South Florida is going to be my number one.”

The commitment is the first in the class of 2009 for South Florida.
I havent seen any film yet so i dont kno...
 10 years ago '05        #357
BoSox84  OP
space
space
USF Has Advice to Offer

By BRETT McMURPHY, The Tampa Tribune

Published: March 12, 2008

TAMPA - With Rich Rodriguez now at Michigan, the University of South Florida has suddenly become a hot spot for teams seeking help in preparing for Rodriguez's spread offense.

Ohio State has won the past four meetings against Michigan, but the Buckeyes still sent cornerbacks coach Taver Johnson to meet with USF defensive coordinator Wally Burnham and secondary coach Troy Douglas this week.

"Johnson said it was because we've done such a good job against that offense," Burnham said. "And we've had some success."

Under Rodriguez, West Virginia was 22-4 the past two years, including 0-2 against USF. In that span, WVU averaged 16 points, 160 yards rushing and 3.7 yards per carry against USF, compared to 41.2 points, 311.5 yards rushing and 6.6 yards per carry against everyone else.

A Minnesota a.ssistant visited USF last week, and a Colorado a.ssistant - the Buffs play West Virginia this fall - will visit next week.

"They pick our brain and see why we do certain things," Burnham said. "We've done as good a job slowing them down as anybody. With the spread offense, I guess people think we have some answers."

Burnham said he'll only help out so much. "There are a few subtle things I keep to myself," he said. "We don't give away all our secrets."

In other USF news, the Bulls' final visit to Central Florida has been moved back a day to Saturday, Sept. 6, while USF's home game with Kansas was moved up a day to Friday, Sept. 12. Both were moved to be televised on ESPN2.

10 years ago '05        #358
BoSox84  OP
space
space
fu*k man, Erskin tore his ACL again, same one :banghead: :(
 10 years ago '05        #359
booker20 
space
space
 BoSox84 said:
fu*k man, Erskin tore his ACL again, same one :banghead: :(
:wow: I was just looking at his agility testing the other day... I doubt he'll ever get on the field... its a shame....
 10 years ago '05        #360
BoSox84  OP
space
space
I was looking forward to seeing him on the field this year too
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
171 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
264 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Big Baller Brand Shoe Review
91 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
62 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
170 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
20 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who are these washed up niggas next to Drake?
52 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
115 comments
2 days ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy