Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
54 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Warren Sapp blames CTE for sexually harassing woman
62 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden Responds To Fans Saying Jeezy Had Him Scared & Shook On Ever..
73 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
130 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '05        #241
BoSox84  OP
space
space
$21,183 | Props total: 26 26
Again, IMO there is no indisputable evidence that it was an intentional lateral. If there was, than there would be none of the debating that went on yesterday on several shows.
 10 years ago '05        #242
Y2Luda 5 heat pts
space
space
$4,926 | Props total: 26 26
 BoSox84 said:
Again, IMO there is no indisputable evidence that it was an intentional lateral. If there was, than there would be none of the debating that went on yesterday on several shows.
Come on now. Honestly there is no way to ever PROVE anyone intentionally lateralled unless you can read their mind.

The fact remains that TO ME it looked intentional and I apparently wasn't the only one.

You are a USF fan, I expect you to see it this way. Not to discredit your opinion.
 10 years ago '05        #243
BoSox84  OP
space
space
I understand where you're coming from, but I've also had several people who are fans of other teams that have said we got jobbed. Either way, we'll have to agree to disagree
 10 years ago '05        #244
booker20 
space
space
$10,293 | Props total: 0 0
Heath is bringing in a few recruits for the bball team... I give it a couple of years and they start to make some noise in the feared Big East basketball conference...
 10 years ago '05        #245
BoSox84  OP
space
space
UConn's going down today. USF will hang 40 on them if they want to
 10-27-2007, 09:49 AM         #246
-Scar- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I actually predicted USF to have most points on my college pick em.....
 10 years ago '05        #247
booker20 
space
space
Greg Gregory gotta go... Mike Ford shoulda had 3 carries from the 2
 10 years ago '05        #248
BoSox84  OP
space
space
I just don't understand why we don't have any balls on offense. And I don't understand how the receivers can continue to drop passes game after game after game after game. WTF is the deal? And I honestly don't know wtf happened to Ced in the end zone, he was having a great game before that. I don't fu*kin get it. And the thing that pisses me off the most is that going in, after WVU beat Rutgers, we were still in the driver's seat in the conference. And yet the team still sleep walked through the entire first half :banghead:
 10 years ago '05        #249
booker20 
space
space
 BoSox84 said:
I just don't understand why we don't have any balls on offense. And I don't understand how the receivers can continue to drop passes game after game after game after game. WTF is the deal? And I honestly don't know wtf happened to Ced in the end zone, he was having a great game before that. I don't fu*kin get it. And the thing that pisses me off the most is that going in, after WVU beat Rutgers, we were still in the driver's seat in the conference. And yet the team still sleep walked through the entire first half :banghead:
dont know... we are really missing TJ and hes still out for 2 more weeks... he is our most consistent wr maybe if we win out and people drop in front of us we creep into an Atlarge bid...
 10 years ago '05        #250
BoSox84  OP
space
space
On the plus side, Jessie Hester looks to be getting better by the week. Man next year, Johnson and Hester on the outside with Bogan in the slot, Mitchell coming in anywhere on the field... our receiving corps has the potential to be absolutely disgusting next season
 10 years ago '05        #251
booker20 
space
space
 BoSox84 said:
On the plus side, Jessie Hester looks to be getting better by the week. Man next year, Johnson and Hester on the outside with Bogan in the slot, Mitchell coming in anywhere on the field... our receiving corps has the potential to be absolutely disgusting next season
Bogan could end up being one of our best receivers ever... which isnt all that hard since we've never had a receiver go over 800 yards in a season...
 10 years ago '05        #252
booker20 
space
space
EAST HARTFORD, Conn. - "Those boys are really hurting inside that locker room. We as coaches have to do a great job of getting them back up," USF defensive coordinator Wally Burnham said shortly after the Bulls' 22-15 loss to Connecticut.

Andre Dixon became the second straight running back to go for more than 100 yards on the USF defense.
Even if he gets them up, Burnham and the rest of the coaches are still facing a multitude of problems. The bleeding seems to be all over the place and no one, from player to coach, is immune from criticism.

Poor tackling, dropped passes, questionable play calling - there are enough issues to fill up a week's worth of practice time before Saturday's homecoming game against Cincinnati.

The USF football team right now looks like a cold that you knew was coming, but somehow hoped would go away. The signs were there. Even in victories over Auburn, West Virginia and FAU, it was obvious this team had problems that would make it vulnerable to any respectable opponent.

The Bulls could usually take comfort that the defense would somehow make things turn out all right and cover up the mistakes of a flawed offense and troubled set of special teams. But the Connecticut game hit the Bulls right between the eyes.

There is an awful lot of blame to go around, as head coach Jim Leavitt and Burnham alluded to after Saturday's game without mentioning names.

The most troublesome stat is the Bulls' lack of production inside the 10-yard line. On five different possessions, USF had a first and goal and all it could show for that was 10 points. An interception, a missed field goal, a touchdown nullifying penalty, a dropped pass by a wide open receiver in the endzone and a questionable play call all contributed to the problem.

Despite everything that went wrong, the most painful thing is that the Bulls had a chance to send the game into overtime when they had a second and goal at the UConn one in the last minute.

On third and goal from the one, the golden opportunity vanished when a nekkid bootleg was called and quarterback Matt Grothe headed backwards to avoid several tacklers. He was eventually brought down for an 11-yard loss and then threw an incomplete pass on a fourth and goal from the 12. On the prior play, Moises Plancher, who has carried the ball one time all season, was stopped trying to score from the one.

Leavitt wouldn't answer why Plancher got the ball other to say that Mike Ford was unavailable because of an injury. He wouldn't say who called the bootleg, though that distinction likely falls into the hands of offensive coordinator Greg Gregory.

"When those plays (the bootleg) work, you like them and when they don't work, you don't like them. I don't want to talk about that anymore," Leavitt said.

Grothe had a career game with 146 net yards rushing, but his mistakes were costly. He threw an interception that was returned for a touchdown and was picked off in the endzone when the Bulls had reached the UConn 4-yard line in the third quarter.

The Bulls could've overcome Grothe's mistakes if not for the poor way the defense played in the first half and the dropped passes.

"In the first half we didn't even come close to stopping them. We played pretty good in the second half, but it was too late," Burnham said. "We had two or three major adjustment problems in the first half, didn't set up right and they got a couple of big plays. I don't know how you explain the missed tackles. We are not doing the things it takes to be a good tackler. It is a major problem for the second week in a row.

"We got to play better technique football. We are going backwards. Maybe we need to practice with a little more contact. The only way to get better tackling and defeating blockers is to do it at full speed. We are not getting there on our sacks. I don't see anybody (opponent) doing anything differently. We are just not doing a good job of getting off blocks."

Richard Clebert said the loss was particularly painful because it brought back memories of two years ago when the Bulls were on the Connecticut 2 in the closing minutes and failed to get a TD in a 15-10 loss. He said the team knew about West Virginia's victory over Rutgers before the game, which cleared the way for USF to win the Big East championship if it could win out.

"It was very difficult to see them (UConn) run the ball the way they did in the first half," the nose tackle said. "We have a couple of injuries and that has affected us. My ankle is bothering me and can't play as much as I want or move as well. The defensive line is not in synch right now, but we can come back and have a good second half. This will test the character of our team."
Gregory has to go...:finger:
 10 years ago '05        #253
BoSox84  OP
space
space
From what I've heard Ford has a broken rib. And there's been some reporting of miscommunication. Apparently Carl Franks put Plancher in because he was the next back on the depth chart, and Gregory was unaware that Ford was no longer available because of the injury. The coaching staff needs to get their sh*t together
 10 years ago '05        #254
BoSox84  OP
space
space
Ok, so no broken ribs. From the St. Pete Times USF blog:

Defending Moise and other football notes

Running backs coach Carl Franks defended having sophomore Moise Plancher in the game for a crucial second-and-goal play from the 1-yard line late in the fourth quarter Saturday. Plancher was stopped for no gain, but Franks said he was confident with Plancher in the game in place of an injured Mike Ford.

"Mo's practiced there. It's his spot as a backup," Franks said Monday night. "If we had blocked it right, he would have scored. If I had not been comfortable with him, I would have not put him in, or we would have not run that formation."

Leavitt, clarifying an ambiguous statement he made after the game, said Monday that he knew Plancher was in the game, but didn't realize he'd be the ballcarrier on the play, thinking he was a lead blocker for another running back.

Ford, by the way, had injured his rib cage as he tried to throw a block on the previous drive. He was at practice Monday night, running with his teammates while carrying a ball in post-practice conditioning runs, and Franks said it's possible he could play Saturday. Again, Ford was hospitalized for a short time Saturday night because he was having trouble breathing and there was concern he might have collapsed or damaged a lung; tests there showed no lung damage and no broken ribs.

Receiver Amarri Jackson was not at practice Monday night, but I saw him Monday afternoon, and he was still walking on crutches, with a heavy brace on his injured knee. Jim Leavitt and receivers coach Mike Canales said they don't know yet how long he'll be sidelined; this Saturday certainly seems questionable at best. Freshman Carlton Mitchell, leading USF with 280 receiving yards, would step up for his first start if Jackson can't go.

-- Noticed something interesting watching Saturday's game on DVR: On USF's opening drive, after Jamar Taylor's 54-yard run, on third-and-goal from the 3, it looks to me like USF was running the same ill-fated nekkid bootleg the Bulls tried on third-and-goal from the 1 at the end of the game. In heavy rain, Grothe loses the ball after the snap and recovers it for a short loss, but all three running backs took off in the opposite direction, leaving Grothe alone on the back side for the bootleg. It didn't fool UConn then, so I don't get why the Bulls would go back to that play with the game on the line. Similar situation, similar call, similar result.

-- As much as we wrote that USF had a terrible first half, the first quarter wasn't that bad. Two missed field goals, but otherwise, the Bulls weren't really outplayed, down 3-0. Total offense was within 6 yards of being dead even. UConn outscored USF 13-0 in the first seven minutes of the second quarter, and that made the Huskies' victory possible.

-- I'm impressed by the number of players battling through injuries. Defensive tackle Allen Cray, who saw significant action with Richard Clebert slowed by an ankle injury, made two tackles easily 20 yards downfield, even though he was slow to walk off the field with trainers between the two plays. Safety Carlton Williams literally collapsed coming off the field after taking a blow to the head, and was back out shortly after; Matt Grothe had his right ankle wrapped after the play where his interception was run back for a score, and he was scrambling for yards two plays later.

-- Watched the 1-yard Mike Ford touchdown run, where Cedric Hill was called for holding. After reviewing it a couple of times, it seems like a legitimate call, relevant to the play. Hill is pulling on a Connecticut player's jersey as he's trying to tackle Ford. ESPN's analysts never picked up on the flag being on Hill, making a comment about a lineman unrelated to the play or the flag. I think the flag came a second late, but the call itself shouldn't be questioned. And if you watch Hill's pivotal drop, a UConn defender did have a hand in the air right in front of his face. Rough sequence of plays, to be sure. Again, I admire the guy for coming off the team bus to address his play in the game.

-- Officials stopped the game in the fourth quarter to review whether a 1-yard UConn pass play on second down was a completed pass or not. I don't know how long a play would have to be to seem worth stopping play for a few minutes, but I have to think that distance is longer than 1 yard. Is the difference between third and 6 or third and 5 worth the hit in credibility you take for reviewing an irrelevant play?

-- Check out these stats: In USF's first five games, Grothe had 246 rushing yards and two touchdowns; USF's three running backs (Williams, Ford, Taylor) had 609 yards and 11 touchdowns; in the last three, Grothe has 304 yards and four touchdowns, the three RBs have 203 yards and two scores.

-- USF's receivers are so depleted. You had Taurus Johnson out, then Jackson, and Jessie Hester was the only Bulls player to catch a pass in the first half. Found out Monday that freshman Eddie Alcin didn't make the trip because of a groin injury, so on that last drive, the Bulls are using freshman A.J. Love, who doesn't have a catch yet this season.
 10 years ago '05        #255
booker20 
space
space
damn the injuries are piling up
 10 years ago '05        #256
BoSox84  OP
space
space
For real man
 10 years ago '05        #257
booker20 
space
space
the big east championship was right there and now.. we get sh*t... another sh*tty bowl game somewhere in Mobile
 10 years ago '05        #258
BoSox84  OP
space
space
If we had to go to Charlotte again, I could live with it, because last time we had a pretty good time, plus we'd at least be playing a team from a BCS conference(ACC). If we play in Birmingham again, I won't be going, I'll watch that sh*t in HD at home. I'm still hoping we find a way to get into a BCS game, or at the worst the Gator Bowl
 10 years ago '05        #259
booker20 
space
space
 BoSox84 said:
If we had to go to Charlotte again, I could live with it, because last time we had a pretty good time, plus we'd at least be playing a team from a BCS conference(ACC). If we play in Birmingham again, I won't be going, I'll watch that sh*t in HD at home. I'm still hoping we find a way to get into a BCS game, or at the worst the Gator Bowl
we not too far out we just gotta get back to the top 8... its possible
 10 years ago '05        #260
booker20 
space
space
wow injuries have completely destroyed this season... I was there yesterday and it was horrible to watch grothe... that Rutgers game is still in his head... the Freshmen are getting a lot of playing time right now and Next year should be good but now we have to f!ght to make a decent fu*kin bowl... sh*ts depressing they shouldnt lose at RayJ
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
76 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
43 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
290 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
97 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
251 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
156 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Letís keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
56 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
113 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy