Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
122 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
150 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
39 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '05        #201
booker20 
space
space
$10,293 | Props total: 0 0
this is tru... this was bound to be a let down game but the only reason they in it 2 fumbles inside our 20...
 10 years ago '05        #202
pwayne 19 heat pts19
space
space
$4,140 | Props total: 0 0
FAU got screwed with that personal foul call kicking off that punt. USF player ran into him plus the whistle blew. Oh well FAU gave USF all they wanted.
 10 years ago '05        #203
booker20 
space
space
win is a win... wit how horrible we played
 10 years ago '05        #204
BoSox84  OP
space
space
$21,183 | Props total: 26 26
This game was fu*kin ugly
 10 years ago '05        #205
booker20 
space
space
Wally Burnham has been around too long to worry about how his defense played against Florida Atlantic on Saturday.

The Bulls defense struggled to stop FAU in several key situations.
The USF defensive coordinator/associate head coach said it was their poorest outing of the season, but USF got the win (35-23) and learned a valuable lesson.

The Bulls (5-0) came into the game ranked sixth in the country and took FAU's best shot. Expect more of the same every week, Burnham told his players.

The Owls offense played at a frenzied pace and their running backs ran as if they weren't going to be denied, breaking numerous tackles.

Burnham knows it's all part of living in the high rent district. The Bulls are now ranked fifth in both the a.ssociated Press and the USA Today Coaches Poll.

It's nice to be up there in the penthouse, but it's also dangerous. Every team wants to toss you off the balcony and make its season.

"We got the win," was the message Burnham kept repeating after the game. He knows his players are getting acclimated to their lofty status and nothing comes easy at that altitude.

"It's human nature. You can't play at the highest level every single Saturday. You just hope you play good enough to win the ball game," Burnham said. "The atmosphere (at 20,000 capacity Lockhart Stadium) didn't have the feel of a big game, but our kids have to learn that you've got to play at the same mental level every Saturday if we are going to maintain what we are doing.

"In the second half, we didn't tackle well, but it's all a new situation for our kids. Maybe we learned something this week."

The defense got a welcome gift from the USF offense, though it didn't start making its contribution until the second half and had to overcome a sluggish beginning marred by turnovers.

Offensive tackle Walt Walker was not happy with the Bulls running game that produced only 45 yards rushing in the first half. But it was totally different after intermission when USF racked up 257 yards on the ground as quarterback Matt Grothe (120 yards rushing) and tailback Ben Williams (186 yards) had career days.

Walker said the difference between the first and second half was all a matter of attitude.

"We didn't play our game in the first half and we decided it was time to wake up," Walker said. "Coach (Jim) Leavitt told us don't panic and get ourselves together, be a family, wake up. Ben helped get it going. He went to the offensive line and said we are going to get it together. He said you trust me and I'll trust you."

With running backs Jamar Taylor out with an injured ankle he sprained in the first half and Mike Ford suspended for missing class, it was all on Williams, who broke the school record with four touchdowns, including a 54 yarder on the longest TD run of his career.

Always humble, always modest, the former walk-on said he was just happy to contribute. He knows next week, his number of carries (25) might drop, but he is not concerned. If anything he is a bit too hard on himself, Walker said.

Williams had one of the Bulls three fumbles and it came after he had run 11 yards to give USF a first down at the FAU 39 while clinging to a 21-17 lead 17 seconds into the fourth quarter. Two USF possessions later, Williams broke free on his personal record-setting TD run.

"I was upset with myself after the fumble, but you've got to let it go and come back and play," Williams said. "I did the best that I could and everybody helped. In the second half, our offense came ready to play and executed. It's a great honor to get those four touchdowns, but I just want to be consistent."

For the second straight week, the Bulls took the second half kickoff and drove down the field for a touchdown. They used nine plays to cover 76 yards and all of them were on the ground, except for a 5-yard pass to Jessie Hester. Williams ran for 44 yards on five carries and Grothe picked up 27 yards on three rushes in the drive.

"We knew we had to pound the ball a little in the second half and if that didn't work we were going to crank it up and throw it on every play," USF offensive coordinator Greg Gregory said. "We got much better blocking in the second half, especially on that first drive and we moved the ball well the entire second half."

Gregory says there isn't much more the coaches can do to combat the fumbles and 11 turnovers the Bulls have committed over the last three games. Grothe needs to make better decisions on his passing, but the team has worked hard to cut down on the fumbles.

"I don't know anyone who does more ball security drills then Carl Franks (running backs coach)," Gregory said. "I don't know if there is anything else we can do other than to keep harping on it. With our four turnovers today, we probably eliminated about 20 plays. Cedric Hill and Ben's came on a first down so that's at least three more plays each time."

Gregory said he expected Ford to be back in the lineup next Saturday against Central Florida. He wasn't sure about Taylor, though Leavitt said he expected him back.
Kevin Smith is gonna be a load this weekend... and we might have to worry if the bench Israel, and Greco starts at qb... I've seen him practicing and hes pretty good, runs a 4.3 at qb and has a pretty strong arm... If we face Israel it should be a win...
 10 years ago '05        #206
booker20 
space
space
another note i think USF recruited Greco in 04' i think i visited when he visited... but i think he graduated 05' Im not sure, i just knows he too good to be the back up qb...

Last edited by booker20; 10-08-2007 at 10:43 AM..
 10 years ago '05        #207
BoSox84  OP
space
space
@ UCF. I hope there were some recruits in the crowd. We had our second team offense put up 21 points on them in the last 20 minutes of game time
 10 years ago '05        #208
BoSox84  OP
space
space
Mike Bianchi | Sentinel Columnist
7:12 PM EDT, October 13, 2007

Maybe UCF should start a rivalry with Edward Waters College.

Or Webber International.

Or some other in-state team more in its league -- like, say, Edgewater High School.

Or, better yet, if the Knights drop down to Division I-AA right now maybe they can compete with Appalachian State in about five years.

What exactly did the final score end up being, anyway? I quit paying attention when South Florida's third-team quarterback threw a touchdown pass. Oh, here it is on the post-game notes -- USF Bulls 64, UCF Gnats 12.

Let all of us who have pressured, prodded and pushed for USF to continue this annual series with UCF please cease and desist. And let everybody a.ssociated with UCF just be thankful that there is but one game left with USF.

This is, after all, getting embarrassing.

In fact, maybe the Knights should just forfeit next year's game and end this series now.

Before they get somebody hurt.

Tampa Tribune sportswriter Martin Fennelly put it best in his pre-game column Saturday when he referred to UCF as "The University of Central Bug on the Windshield."

And, so, that resounding splat you heard Saturday afternoon was insect intestines plastered on the grill of USF's runaway 18-wheeler. The last time USF scored more than 50 points in a game was four years ago against Charleston Southern. Now they've done it again -- against Orlando Eastern.

Let it be noted that the only three programs USF has ever beaten worse are Kentucky Wesleyan, Cumberland and Austin Peay. Congratulations, UCF, you put up more of a f!ght than Peay did.

USF was the oncoming freight train Saturday; UCF was the '83 Yugo conked out in the middle of the railroad tracks. USF was the wooden club; UCF was the skull of the baby seal. USF had 543 yards of total offense; UCF 145.

Sign held up by USF fan Saturday: "What does I-4 and UCF's offense have in common? It takes them both three hours to go 100 yards."

The War on I-4? Puh-leeze. This was the Bore on I-4. The Snore on I-4. The Run-Up-the-Score on I-4.

By the way, did I really pick UCF to win this game? Memo to Human Resources: You're welcome to take my urine sample first thing Monday morning, but I'm telling you the Walgreens pharmacist told me it was flaxseed oil.

This is what happens when you get sucked into the UCF delusion; when you actually start believing the Knights are on the same level as USF. In reality, what we saw Saturday is what typically happens when a BCS power plays a non-BCS patsy.

Let us not take anything away from USF. The Bulls are a good team, maybe even a great one. They are national championship contenders for a reason. Grothe should be a Heisman candidate. Defensive end George Selvie is virtually unblockable. And Jim Leavitt should be Florida State's next coach -- and the Seminoles might want to consider hiring him now.

But this isn't about how good USF is; it's about how bad UCF is. South Florida is the No. 5 team in the nation. UCF, right now, doesn't even look like No. 5 team in Conference USA. The sad fact is that Division I-AA Elon was more competitive against USF earlier in the season. And so was Florida Atlantic last week.

After such an embarrassing loss in such an important game, you have to start questioning the direction of the UCF program under Coach George O'Leary. Not only is he now 0-3 against USF, but his team yielded more points Saturday than any team in UCF's Division I-A history. Here we are in Year 4 of the O'Leary era and -- at least right now -- his team looks no better than it did in Year 1. And, yes, the Knights were 0-11 in Year 1.

O'Leary is supposed to be a defensive genius, but his team has given up 116 points in the last two games. O'Leary is supposed to teach sound, fundamental football, but his team has committed 18 turnovers in six games, eight in the past two weeks.

UCF President John Hitt was obviously disappointed in the loss Saturday, but said he is still behind O'Leary.

"George is my kind of coach," Hitt said. "He's going to build us a great program."

He had better get started ASAP, because the clock is ticking.

Just a few short weeks ago, the biggest controversy Hitt faced was a lack of water fountains at UCF's new stadium.

Now the program will likely face a much more daunting, debilitating problem:

A lack of fans.
This coming from the one media guy that hates USF the most
 10-13-2007, 07:13 PM         #209
-Scar- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^^ that score was ridiculous I didnt get to catch the game but I seen the monsterous stats...they just plain balled out today

Last edited by -Scar-; 10-13-2007 at 07:14 PM..
 10 years ago '05        #210
BoSox84  OP
space
space
Grothe outgained and outscored them by himself
 10 years ago '05        #211
booker20 
space
space
it was hot as fu*k out there today... i hate noon games... besides a few dropped balls that game was the best they've played all year... shoulda been 71 if Amarri didnt step out on the punt return.... to think they hung wit Texas
 10 years ago '05        #212
BoSox84  OP
space
space
Yeah, we left after they put up 50 cuz my girl had to get some sleep before work and we were both fu*kin cooked man. We had a nice bit of shade for about 15 minutes in the 2nd quarter, and it was just hot as balls the rest of the time. Not as bad as the sh*trus Bowl though, that place was a fu*kin oven last year
 10-13-2007, 08:54 PM         #213
-Scar- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Man I wish we had Grothe at SC or someone like him.....If he aint in Heisman talks the voters are fu*kin up....is he a junior, senior or what?
 10 years ago '05        #214
BoSox84  OP
space
space
Sophomore
 10 years ago '05        #215
BoSox84  OP
space
space
 10-13-2007, 09:00 PM         #216
-Scar- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BoSox84 said:
Sophomore

ewww, he's still got room for "grothe"?

he's gonna be nasty...
 10 years ago '05        #217
BoSox84  OP
space
space
That's why there's so much hype around the team. There's so much youth, yet so much talent.
 10 years ago '05        #218
BoSox84  OP
space
space
Lol, check out this post from an Auburn fan on thebullspen.com:

So first off, Congrats on your HUGE win today. Didn't watch it, but maybe you guys got some back ups in there with some playing time. That was a cute little spanking you gave UCF.

Now...I think about 15 years ago, USF conspired and kidnapped some of the worlds best athletes and took some DNA from each of them. You guys then bought a "trailer" i.e. the "Ponderosa" but it was a front..... because underneath it, you had embryos of specimens that you now call "Grothe" "Moffitt" "Jackson" and "Selvie" to name a few.

After the incubation, you figured it would be easier to slowly ease them into football and decided 2007 would be the year where you decide to unleash them.

But NO!!! I'm on to you all. You can't hide it. Someone has to pull the plug on this little project you call "Big East domination." It's getting out of hand guys, you have a leak and it has spread to other teams in the US. Thats why so many top 10 teams are falling! If this continues, you will not have anymore "biggest win ever's" to play for.

If this continues, you'll end up playing for some weird championship game and then the NCAA will hit you guys with a probation once they discover that you've been breeding players!!!!

$1,000,000 and I'll keep my mouth shut.

Great game guys, win out and kick some a.ss.

GO BULLS and War Damn Eagle!!!
 10 years ago '05        #219
BoSox84  OP
space
space

[pic - click to view]

10 years ago '05        #220
booker20 
space
space
Selvie is trying to break Elvis dumervile's sack record... and hes coming back next year... the reason Leavitt was still bombin UCF in the 4th is because he called USF "a bunch of thugs" in the paper... Leavitt was pissed Severino came in and threw a TD, you kno thats bad.... its his 1st in 5 years
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
171 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
264 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Big Baller Brand Shoe Review
91 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
62 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
170 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
20 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who are these washed up niggas next to Drake?
52 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
115 comments
2 days ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy