most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
85 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA What’s waiting for LiAngelo and LaMelo Ball in Lithuania
62 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '05        #181
BoSox84  OP
space
space
$21,183 | Props total: 26 26
#9 baby, movin on up
 10 years ago '05        #182
booker20 
space
space
$10,293 | Props total: 0 0
Stephen Nicholas is getting PT today... he recovered a fumble
 10 years ago '05        #183
BoSox84  OP
space
space
#6 in the AP!!
 10 years ago '05        #184
booker20 
space
space
Selvie is at 9.5 sacks should be 10.5 they gave Clebert one of his sacks... hes also still leading the nation in TFLs wit 16

Selvie for Nagurski and Lombardi Awards
 10 years ago '05        #185
BoSox84  OP
space
space
He's gonna break the school's single season sack record against FAU. I believe it's either 10 or 10.5, either way he's breaking it on Saturday
 10 years ago '05        #186
booker20 
space
space
 BoSox84 said:
He's gonna break the school's single season sack record against FAU. I believe it's either 10 or 10.5, either way he's breaking it on Saturday
yea i saw Santoro's thread earlier... hes gonna jinx us... but fu*k all of them talking about bandwagon all u gotta do is look at the team thread to see whos been posting
 10 years ago '05        #187
BoSox84  OP
space
space
A group of friends and I are thinking about giving ourselves mohawks like the team if we make it to a BCS bowl.
 10 years ago '05        #188
booker20 
space
space
 BoSox84 said:
A group of friends and I are thinking about giving ourselves mohawks like the team if we make it to a BCS bowl.
my brother said fu*k that... they already shaved him once during hell week..
 10 years ago '05        #189
BoSox84  OP
space
space
I'ma get the mohawk, then get some of that color gel sh*t and spike my sh*t up green and gold
 10 years ago '05        #190
booker20 
space
space
 BoSox84 said:
I'ma get the mohawk, then get some of that color gel sh*t and spike my sh*t up green and gold
maybe they'll let u get on ESPN instead of the gay a.ss #1 tailgater
 10 years ago '05        #191
booker20 
space
space
Persistence pays off. Anthony Jones and USF first became acquainted in early 2005, when the highly regarded wide receiver prospect was preparing for his senior season at Rickards High School in Tallahassee.

Jones visited USF with his Rickards High teammates for the Sling and Shoot Tournament in 2005.
At that time, the up-and-coming Bulls didn't make the list of favorites for Jones. This week, however, he said he couldn't think of a better choice of schools to continue his collegiate football career. Now a star at Northeast Mississippi Community College in Boonesville, Jones has committed to USF for the class of 2008.

"They've been on me from the start and we're big time now," said Jones, who was primarily recruited by offensive coordinator Greg Gregory. "It's a great team for me – one that's really hot. I can't wait to get back home."

Although he's a Tallahassee native, it has been some time since Jones was last in the Sunshine State. Immediately prior to the start of his senior season in 2005, it was reported that family issues caused Jones to move to Texas to live with an uncle. He reappeared at Seguin High School in Arlington.

Jones hauled in 50 passes for 850 yards and nine touchdowns in his only year at Seguin, and attracted recruiting attention from Oklahoma State, Illinois, Tennessee and others. He was ranked as high as No. 28 in the nation at his position by Rivals.com and his decision ultimately came down to the Cowboys and the Illini. Jones eventually committed to OSU but failed to qualify academically.

The 6-foot-1, 180-pounder has since proven to be a standout at Northeast Mississippi CC. Jones finished the 2006 season No. 2 in the Mississippi a.ssociation of Community/Junior Colleges (MACJC) with 37 catches, six behind JUCO All-American and now-Mississippi State receiver Co-Eric Riley.

He's picked up right where he left off this year. Although his team is struggling to an 0-5 start, Jones leads the team with 23 receptions for 271 yards and four scores. He has also returned one kickoff for 20 yards.

He said he chose the Bulls this time around over Illinois and plans to make an official campus visit later this month.

"I can come in right away and play. I'm ready to take over games," Jones said, matter-of-factly. "I'm going to go to USF and show the fans what I can do and then go to the league."

And as for the Bulls' seemingly meteoric rise up the national rankings the past few weeks?

"I saw it coming," Jones said. "They've been getting better every year. I watched the West Virginia game and, man, I like that defense. That linebacker (Ben Moffitt) is a great player. It's gonna be real exciting to play there."
WR spot keeps getting deeper :applause:
 10 years ago '05        #192
booker20 
space
space
this is another let down game lets see if we play down to FAU's level or step it up again...
 10 years ago '05        #193
BoSox84  OP
space
space
@ Nick Saban's f*g**t a.ss. I hope he chokes on something and goes into a deep coma
 10 years ago '05        #194
booker20 
space
space
All this worry about now being the hunted and talk of a letdown is over-blown, says USF cornerback Mike Jenkins.

Mike Jenkins says Bulls always play with passion, no matter who the opponent is.
The highly touted senior, who figures to be the first USF player picked in the '08 NFL draft, believes the Bulls can match the intensity they showed in their victories over Auburn and West Virginia. And they can do it without gadget speeches and red flag warnings by head coach Jim Leavitt.

"The passion is in us. We can play with this kind of emotion every week," Jenkins says. "We've been through a lot this year and it has made us stronger. We are going to go out there and do what we've been doing.

"Being the hunted? It doesn't bother me and it doesn't bother anyone else. We know what we have to do. We've been both. We've been the hunter and now they say we are being hunted. I don't think it's bothering anybody on the team."

With their brand new shiny No. 6 ranking, the Bulls (4-0) could likely be the favorite in every game the rest of the season, a.ssuming they don't slip along the way. A victory over USF could make a team's season, particularly a program such as this Saturday's opponent, Florida Atlantic University.

FAU head coach Howard Schnellenberger, who led the University of Miami to its first national championship in 1983, can't help hide what a victory over USF could mean to him and his players.

"It would give us a gigantic shove in the right direction," says Schnellenberger. His program played its first game in 2001 and first full season of Division I-A in 2005.

FAU has mirrored USF's early days in some ways, finding success quickly and getting what some might consider a signature win when it defeated Minnesota 42-39 last month for its first win over a Big Ten opponent.

USF players to a man say they won't fall into any traps or give less than their best effort, regardless of the opponent.

Senior right tackle Walter Walker, one of the few USF offensive linemen to stay healthy all season, says the mentality of the players, combined with Leavitt's intensity, should keep the Bulls performing with full intensity every week.

"Coach Leavitt does a great job of focusing on the task ahead," Walker said. "He has told us this week that our next game is FAU and it's a one game season and nothing else matters. We've been buying into that type of philosophy since I've been here and I don't think it will change."

Letdowns aside, Walker and Leavitt agree the offensive line could play better. Neither has been satisfied with how it has performed in the first four games. The offense as a whole has struggled in the red-zone and against WVU the Bulls turned the ball over four times in the first half, including turnovers on three straight possessions in the first quarter - two fumbles and an interception. Ben Moffitt's interception for a touchdown following the third turnover might have made fans forget the miscues, but it wasn't lost on Walker.

"You don't want to hang your hat on the West Virginia game. You want to improve and get better every day," he said.

"Our offensive line has to do a better job of blocking and opening up holes and our receivers have to block better down field," Leavitt said. "The good thing about this team is the players know they have to get better. We have players who listen to the coaches and play as a team."

Quarterback Matt Grothe says the play of the defense has taken a lot of pressure off the offense, which hasn't quite jelled yet. He indicated it could be just a matter of better preparation.

"We need to practice better, like we are the number six team in the country," Grothe said. "We need to come out with more purpose in practices. I think we can have better practices. We start off pretty good and then have moments at the end of practice where you see people getting complacent. I think that is the biggest thing."
 10 years ago '05        #195
booker20 
space
space
Mike is #10 on Kiper's big board :wow: 1st round pick?
 10 years ago '05        #196
BoSox84  OP
space
space
Yeah I think I read somewhere that Mel Kiper thinks he could go mid first round with Trae Williams going 2nd round, and Ben Moffiitt potentially going later in the first day. This will easily be the best draft USF has seen.
 10 years ago '05        #197
booker20 
space
space
i could also see Amari goin on day 2 because of his size... good red zone target in the right offense...
 10 years ago '05        #198
pwayne 19 heat pts19
space
space
$4,140 | Props total: 0 0
USF looking doo doo right now against FAU
 10 years ago '05        #199
booker20 
space
space
 pwayne said:
USF looking doo doo right now against FAU
they still gon win... hows kentucky?
 10 years ago '05        #200
pwayne 19 heat pts19
space
space
$4,140 | Props total: 0 0
Lost one game, You win some...and you lose a lot.
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
47 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
219 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
43 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
323 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
58 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
193 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
151 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
35 comments
2 days ago